Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:43:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT VS NEM  (Read 14362 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 01:52:24 AM

NXT is not that big right now and there are already clones. Just wow

NXT is not "growing" now.
Maybe all in the crypto world is now in idle state.
Maybe the world is in idle state; waiting for Putin's commands, waiting for China's prognosis to the next years,  ... or just waiting for Easter holidays ?

Nah...it's the typical post-bubble coma.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

mjrmac

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:41:52 AM

NXT is not that big right now and there are already clones. Just wow

Maybe the world is in idle state; waiting for Putin's commands, waiting for China's prognosis to the next years,  ... or just waiting for Easter holidays ?

Nah...it's the typical post-bubble coma.

or
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg6149293#msg6149293
nonlinearboy

Activity: 703
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:48:11 AM

Huh
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:34:46 PM

Nxt should be first. Maybe a mineable clone of nxt will do good

please unban me.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:40:25 PM

Promises very often look better than realization but I wish NEM the best, also Nxt. I am holder of both (if my Nem stake promise will be fulfilled).

Yes i have to agree. If NEM delivers all promises, then quite some time will have passed, and by that time, some killer features of NXT will be in existence. And at that moment, NEM will be one generation behind. I fear it will always be 1 generation behind.

I couldn't disagree more.  The fact that we are even having this conversation before NEM has launched anything tells me that if NEM launches something even close to comparable to NXT, it will pass NXT quickly.  You have to admit the community is quite huge for a coin that isn't close to launching yet.  

How would that be even possible? If this project launches in 3 months, then NXT will be nearly 9 months old and will have an established asset exchange and a digital goods store. The network effect alone would be enough to overcome your better distribution AT START. Because right now, we have much more than 3000 stakeholders.

Prove me wrong, but don't argue with me about how your vaporware will beat our already launched projects...

Just take a look at mastercoin, i fear this project will turn out like MSC but with less money stolen obviously.

UTOPIAN is the keyword here Wink

The funny part about this is that unlike you, I have no bias here.  Actually, I own a fair amount of NXT.  I'm not on the NEM team so it's not MY vaporware.  My point is that you can't deny that NEM has a quite large community for a coin that hasn't launched yet.  Any decent launch will make this project an immediate success.  You probably don't even know that Mastercoin will be the platform to host the MaidSafe offering on April 22.  It looks like Mastercoin will have the 1st mover advantage after all. 
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:55:18 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 02:05:48 PM by TaunSew

The NxT bagholders are angry.   Cheesy

This is definitely Downfall Hitler Parody material right here.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:33:41 PM

Right, let me just quickly sell my NXT and buy some NEM. Oh wait, I can't.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:41:31 PM

Har Har.  So what will you say in late May? 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 04:53:28 PM

Har Har.  So what will you say in late May? 

Then I will have 0.03% of all NEM anyway that is enough for me Wink

nonlinearboy

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 05:23:54 PM

when will the NEM done for launch?
late May?
Coinraptor

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:02:21 PM

LOL at NAS, this coin is 10 bil and has already much much worse distribution than NXT originally.
I think that NEM will overtake NXT at one point, (in case NXT wont boom before NEM launches).

nonlinearboy

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:24:12 AM

LOL at NAS, this coin is 10 bil and has already much much worse distribution than NXT originally.
I think that NEM will overtake NXT at one point, (in case NXT wont boom before NEM launches).

we need quick launch of NEM, lOL
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:04:58 AM

Promises very often look better than realization but I wish NEM the best, also Nxt. I am holder of both (if my Nem stake promise will be fulfilled).

Yes i have to agree. If NEM delivers all promises, then quite some time will have passed, and by that time, some killer features of NXT will be in existence. And at that moment, NEM will be one generation behind. I fear it will always be 1 generation behind.

I couldn't disagree more.  The fact that we are even having this conversation before NEM has launched anything tells me that if NEM launches something even close to comparable to NXT, it will pass NXT quickly.  You have to admit the community is quite huge for a coin that isn't close to launching yet. 

How would that be even possible? If this project launches in 3 months, then NXT will be nearly 9 months old and will have an established asset exchange and a digital goods store. The network effect alone would be enough to overcome your better distribution AT START. Because right now, we have much more than 3000 stakeholders.

Prove me wrong, but don't argue with me about how your vaporware will beat our already launched projects...

Just take a look at mastercoin, i fear this project will turn out like MSC but with less money stolen obviously.

UTOPIAN is the keyword here Wink

As a mastercoin supporter- and a long time bitcoiner that's seen all the alt-coins come and go, I have to say I find the "buy in" process for mastercoin a bit of a boon. While perhaps JR gets rich off the project, it also simultaneously motivates him and supports him. Last I checked, he's now working on it full time, funded by the money essentially given to him by the people who bought in at the start. In some ways it's less a rippoff (of course, I'd like to believe that right?) then it is angel investing. A few bad months, (or even years) in terms of the price of Mastercoin shouldn't affect JR and others commitment as they have already been paid to work on it. Here's hoping anyway.

That said, I'm excited about all these projects. :-)

more or less retired.
ALBORCA

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:30:47 AM

they are both good

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [D]ecentralized application [E]liminated third parties [C]ontent distribution
  █ DECENT FOUNDATION    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   JOIN NOW! ICO ⏰ 10th of September
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ [E]ncrypted & secure         [N]o borders                  [T]imeless reputation
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

we need quick launch of NEM, lOL

Yeah man....keep waiting.  Cheesy
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:06:25 PM

It is too soon. The fact is, that NXT is in difficult position, even though It seems to be best platform right now. Yes the stigma is huge problem.
NEM will no have any stigma, so if It delivers what we think, It will in my opinion overtake NXT.

NEM has the UtopianFuture stigma. I think that is a really huge issue. Nobody wants to be a part of a project of a scammer.
ChuckOne

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:09:19 PM

As a mastercoin supporter- and a long time bitcoiner that's seen all the alt-coins come and go, I have to say I find the "buy in" process for mastercoin a bit of a boon. While perhaps JR gets rich off the project, it also simultaneously motivates him and supports him. Last I checked, he's now working on it full time, funded by the money essentially given to him by the people who bought in at the start. In some ways it's less a rippoff (of course, I'd like to believe that right?) then it is angel investing. A few bad months, (or even years) in terms of the price of Mastercoin shouldn't affect JR and others commitment as they have already been paid to work on it. Here's hoping anyway.

That said, I'm excited about all these projects. :-)

Good that we had BCNext doing it for free.
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:32:34 PM

It is too soon. The fact is, that NXT is in difficult position, even though It seems to be best platform right now. Yes the stigma is huge problem.
NEM will no have any stigma, so if It delivers what we think, It will in my opinion overtake NXT.

NEM has the UtopianFuture stigma. I think that is a really huge issue. Nobody wants to be a part of a project of a scammer.

Total BS..

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
ChuckOne

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:33:53 PM

Total BS..

Really? Having people cheat somewhere is one thing. But having the leader of a project cheating.... That is definitely a no-go and a blocker for future adoption.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:40:47 PM

...having the leader of a project cheating.... That is definitely a no-go and a blocker for future adoption.

No software is the real blocker. Humans are humans, but software can't lie. No software can't lie even more so Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: