Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ ANN ] SAT² - A new dawn - PoS - No Premine  (Read 133141 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
johnplayer

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:58:35 AM

market will show you guys soooooon :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
getupppp

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:46:57 AM

Hello,

Darkota i want to tell you again because after the crying on facebook, where you didn't get  the news before they wrote it on bitcointalk, you still dont understand.

Sometimes people need a break because things can be tough in life and you need to strength up a Little. I have the same problem as you, some call it adhd and others like me call it hsp.
Its the emotions that we cant keep under control also the feeling that people dont understand you can make you feel said. The answer that i found for these hard to control emotions is that we need more love in our lives. They say when you give it away it will come back to you. Try it and you will notice it will help you on your journey true your live.

Now i want to give away some love to our causes and the people who do a lot of hard work for them.
These people who work on all these causes are having a tough life, every day they are being confronted with a lot of sadness and devastation that is going on.
So there is no time anymore for negative people and talks, its time to help them by donating and sharing there message of all the problems that our planet is facing.

For the people who have a good hard and who really care.

Check out there facebook sites for more information..
And don`t forget to click on the i like button Smiley Also sharing there news will help spreading the message.

https://www.facebook.com/RaabiasWWR
https://www.facebook.com/pages/STOP-THE-SERENGETI-HIGHWAY/125601617471610?fref=ts

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/some-kids-forced-to-work-drop-out-of-school/2013/09/27/b35513b0-2169-11e3-966c-9c4293c47ebe_story.html
https://www.facebook.com/theorangutanproject?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

Friendly Regards and love to all of you.

Saturncoins (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

lmfaoooooo, you do know that most coins got the SSL fix back in April.........it's June now..

This thread feels like living in North Korea. No one even knows whats going on with crypto...

By the sound of it, you are the only one here who doesn't have a clue about what's going on. The Heartbleed SSL bug was addressed back in April. Yesterday new OpenSSL bugs were published and we addressed those in a matter of hours. Get your facts straight before you make a fool out of yourself next time.

As for the rest of your rant: I suggest you actually read the whole topic before throwing around your accusations. If you didn't even know that new SSL vulnerabilities were discovered yesterday, you are clearly not well informed, and the same applies to the rest of your rant. We are completely open to constructive criticism. But either back up your rant with facts and sensible arguments, or stop being a troll.

johnplayer

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:06:51 PM

ur doin a good job. i like the new dev. old dev are gone.  and ur now a professional team, with professional skills & with professional goals :-) kepp it coming -
124C41

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE IS REAL

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:31:18 PM

That was fast! thanks!

WALLET UPDATE

In light of today's news about new security vulnerabitilies in OpenSSL, we are releasing QT wallet updates which include the latest OpenSSL version which was released today (version 1.0.1h). Both the Windows and Mac QT wallets are updated:

Windows: http://saturncoinfoundation.org/downloads/saturncoin-qt.zip
Mac OS X: http://saturncoinfoundation.org/downloads/saturncoin-qt.dmg

Note that the source code on Github has NOT changed, since the source does not include OpenSSL libraries. In case you are running a wallet which you compiled from source (e.g. not a QT wallet), you should upgrade your local OpenSSL version (source at http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.1h.tar.gz), and after that you should recompile the Saturncoin source.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right.
BTC: 1Ex3zmaHoqbMBUWQVcG7kdTCktyng7Ld9M LTC: Lhrp8G9EjoyKCqKAmtuprUcV9KvqZQKAfk
Overspeed

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:28:37 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 10:04:21 PM by Overspeed

So roughly 400,000 of my SaturnCoin that I have been mining for the past week just vaporized. In the LATEST QT transaction list, the last 44 successfully and previously confirmed coins are now listed as Mined but not accepted. WTF? Below is the only minted coin that still lists as accepted. Will it vapor soon too?

Date: 6/5/2014 10:17
Source: Generated
Credit: 10000.00 SAT
Net amount: +10000.00 SAT
Transaction ID: c903f7c8dc515ee663cd1f4deefece5a204244b6d433f9eb8b7ca15f7d3be9e7
dogeberet

Activity: 41

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 10:50:29 PM

I have a new error on my Ubuntu SaturnCoin wallet:

"errors" : "EXCEPTION: 11DbException       \nDb::put: Cannot allocate memory       \nsaturncoin in ProcessMessages()       \n"

I read to 'increase the mutex region by adding a DB_CONFIG file', but not sure where to add it.  Any one have this with the latest wallet?
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:37:18 PM

So roughly 400,000 of my SaturnCoin that I have been mining for the past week just vaporized. In the LATEST QT transaction list, the last 44 successfully and previously confirmed coins are now listed as Mined but not accepted. WTF? Below is the only minted coin that still lists as accepted. Will it vapor soon too?

Transaction ID: c903f7c8dc515ee663cd1f4deefece5a204244b6d433f9eb8b7ca15f7d3be9e7

That transaction looks fine. Could you send the transaction IDs of the ones that are missing (orphaned?) by PM so we can look into that?

Also, did you check whether those transactions also showed up in the block explorer? If they did not appear there, then that could mean that your wallet basically went on its own fork (which would mean that the blocks you found at that point did not exist on the correct fork, and they got orphaned when your wallet found its way back on the network). If that is the case, then you should make sure to add some addnodes to your saturncoin.conf configuration file (particularly those that are listed in the OP, if you need more then just let us know). Everyone should do so, and even more so if you mine directly to your wallet.

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:41:41 PM

I have a new error on my Ubuntu SaturnCoin wallet:

"errors" : "EXCEPTION: 11DbException       \nDb::put: Cannot allocate memory       \nsaturncoin in ProcessMessages()       \n"

I read to 'increase the mutex region by adding a DB_CONFIG file', but not sure where to add it.  Any one have this with the latest wallet?

"Cannot allocate memory" is usually an indication that you did not have enough free RAM available to run the wallet. To solve that, you would either need to free up some memory, or add some more RAM. I suppose you are probably running a VPS (considering that on a physical machine it's not that likely that running a wallet would let you run of out RAM)? If so; with most VPS providers you can add more RAM on the fly.

Overspeed

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:56:02 PM

That transaction looks fine. Could you send the transaction IDs of the ones that are missing (orphaned?) by PM so we can look into that?

Also, did you check whether those transactions also showed up in the block explorer? If they did not appear there, then that could mean that your wallet basically went on its own fork (which would mean that the blocks you found at that point did not exist on the correct fork, and they got orphaned when your wallet found its way back on the network). If that is the case, then you should make sure to add some addnodes to your saturncoin.conf configuration file (particularly those that are listed in the OP, if you need more then just let us know). Everyone should do so, and even more so if you mine directly to your wallet.

The trans IDs of the missing blocks no longer show in the QT after restarting it. Previously they were all grey with a '?' instead of the normal checkmark. So I have no idea how to retrieve the IDs. My trans list now shows accepted blocks on June 5th with the next one showing June 8th. All coins mined on the 5th through the 7th are gone. Here is my conf file config:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=10018
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
maxconnections=20
addnode=213.179.192.62
addnode=74.196.59.25

At any given time while mining, the most connections I get is 4.
vicpirate

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:59:35 AM

Could Saturn2coin become the missing 'bronze' cryptocoin to BTC and LTC? 

A true Alt-coin (not scam coin, or fly by night concept coin) that has the required community support and potential for real world PoS 'micro transactions' .............

- The (promised) speed of Fastcoin
  - The marketing exposure of Dogecoin (alas more professional)
  - The anonymous transaction feature of Darkcoin (as a selectable option)
  - New features not found in the existing 300+ coins that retailers can use (such as transaction data hinted at in 04 JUN 2014 announcement)

The time is right for a 'new dawn'..........   The rationalisation from 7.77 billion coins to 7.77 million coins is a step in the right direction.....  as is the decision for no premine for the new launch...... 

Time will tell if this coin will in fact "run rings around" the other contenders (and pretenders).....
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:01:11 AM

is there any exchange for SAT?
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:35:06 AM

The trans IDs of the missing blocks no longer show in the QT after restarting it. Previously they were all grey with a '?' instead of the normal checkmark. So I have no idea how to retrieve the IDs. My trans list now shows accepted blocks on June 5th with the next one showing June 8th. All coins mined on the 5th through the 7th are gone. Here is my conf file config:

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=10018
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
maxconnections=20
addnode=213.179.192.62
addnode=74.196.59.25

At any given time while mining, the most connections I get is 4.

That sounds like the blocks got orphaned (as explained previously). Essentially that means that your wallet thought it had found those blocks while the network did not agree. This is something that most commonly happens when your wallet is not in sync with the network, causing your local blockchain to fork (and then by the time you start syncing with the network correctly again, those blocks get orphaned). This is not specific to SAT, this would've happened with any other coin too if you end up on your own fork.

Also - you mentioned that you had mined about 400k SAT in a week. This translates to a hashrate which would make more sense in a pool, rather than mining directly to your wallet. As such, I would recommend to look into that.

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:38:21 AM

is there any exchange for SAT?

I see 'this information wasn't included in the latest OP update, we'll get that fixed.

SAT is primarily traded at:

Mintpal
Cryptsy

Overspeed

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:39:09 PM

That sounds like the blocks got orphaned (as explained previously). Essentially that means that your wallet thought it had found those blocks while the network did not agree. This is something that most commonly happens when your wallet is not in sync with the network, causing your local blockchain to fork (and then by the time you start syncing with the network correctly again, those blocks get orphaned). This is not specific to SAT, this would've happened with any other coin too if you end up on your own fork.

Also - you mentioned that you had mined about 400k SAT in a week. This translates to a hashrate which would make more sense in a pool, rather than mining directly to your wallet. As such, I would recommend to look into that.

Strange that each block I found got the full 90 confirmations before they orphaned. Will give it another shot. As for pools, I have 3.5Mh/s and used to mine on Dedicated Pool. They crashed and or had too many problems so I stopped pool mining. That and they shut down the SAT pool after the wallet issues with 0 coins.
Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 12:53:56 PM

Strange that each block I found got the full 90 confirmations before they orphaned.

The thing is: when you are on a bad fork, this requires at least 2 nodes (e.g. your wallet and at least 1 other wallet). So based on your description, what I think that happened is that you and another node ended up being on a bad fork together, and that other node was confirming the blocks (because in the bad fork, those blocks would be considered real.. until you got back in sync with the correct fork). I don't have enough information to go by to confirm that this is what happened, but this is the only explanation for the situation you are describing.

By the way, what you can also do is to check debug.log. This is a logfile which is located in the same directory as your saturncoin.conf. This log contains basically all information, like blocks found (and orphaned). So you will likely be able to get the transaction IDs from there. Then using those transaction IDs you can check whether they exist in the block explorer.

As for pools, I have 3.5Mh/s and used to mine on Dedicated Pool. They crashed and or had too many problems so I stopped pool mining. That and they shut down the SAT pool after the wallet issues with 0 coins.

Correct, Dedicatedpool is no longer running as they were having some issues on their end and they did not have the time to fix them, since they were too busy with some other projects (DRK in particular) at the time. However, there are other pools you can use. What you can also do is to primarily mine to a pool, but also have another pool (and/or mining to your local wallet) as a backup (failover). This is something you can very easily setup in cgminer (and similar applications). By doing so, you would primarily mine to the pool, and if that pool goes down, it switches to the failover (which could be your local wallet).

Saturncoins (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:06:03 PM

What does this coin has to offer?

I'd suggest you read through the topic. We're happy to answer specific questions, but such a generic question is already covered extensively.

Bitcoines

Activity: 591

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 04:31:29 PM by Bitcoines

What does this coin has to offer?

I'd suggest you read through the topic. We're happy to answer specific questions, but such a generic question is already covered extensively.

Maybe he is a bit lazy to read, Saturn is this cheap because of the previous FUD and devs that fled the project, Dev Team behind Saturncoin is a New Team and the coin wont be this cheap for longer, is making the transition to POS and will only have 7.77 mill coins

10 mill coins average prices are 10k - 50k, depending on development behind them, SAT team is MAGNIFIQ , i have no other words to express it and at this price getting sat before the transition is like getting it for 4k at this 4 satoshi price, price could increase from x2 to 20x after transition in my oppinion as it will prove the market once again the New SAT2 Team Delivers and with the great quality and improved features and ofc the Fast Speed of SAT this is just the beginning for SAT2.

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
Bitcoines

Activity: 591

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:38:48 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT
Summarized version

The moment we all have been waiting for is here! We can finaly release the news about what we have been working on Smiley

Since many of you don't like to read through large chunks of text, we will start off with a summary, followed by a separate post with the full version (and we highly encourage reading it, as it's pretty awesome).

• SAT² supply: in May the total supply of SAT was reduced to 7.77bil, without major announcements or development plans. SAT² is a completely new project, by a new development team wanting to introduce new technologies in the blockchain using SAT² as the core. To make the coin more suitable for trading by not being a ‘penny-alt’, total supply of SAT² will be reduced to 7.77 mil, so 1/1000 of the current total supply.

• Automatic Transition to SAT²: after explaining our future plans to Mintpal and Cryptsy, they agreed with us to do the move to SAT² as simple as possible, giving everyone the time to be ready. On Monday 30th June 2014 (exact time to be specified) all the SAT coins on Mintpal and Cryptsy will be moved to SAT² at the same rate of new supply (1 SAT² will be worth 1000 SAT), instantly ready for the completely new SAT² / BTC market. New blockchain will be released on Friday 27th of June to guarantee a working chain on Monday 30th June.

• Community controlled development fund: as a development team, SAT² is the technological base we’ll use for the future developments. To make it happen and grant a future to the coin, we’ll avoid any premine and use a development fund instead, which starts out empty and gets funded by minting rewards. The proposed development fund payout is 1% per year. This mechanism will work the same way as staking. For staking, a certain interest % gets paid based on the amount of coins that are held in the wallet in question. For the development fund for every minted block a small amount gets paid to the development fund, which will equal 1% after a year. This will grant future developments forever, not just first months, and interest to keep the projects interesting for the market, and no dumps will be possible.

• Future developments: The codebase for Saturn²Coin is completely ready to go, developers have finished it completely. Most of the steps we are taking today, are mainly focused on creating a new, stronger foundation based on a new codebase and new team. This safeguards the future of Saturncoin, and the new codebase enables us to build new features and innovation on top of it. But there’s more, because we have not only been focusing on the switch to the PoS blockchain. We have also been actively working on new unique features. The features that are being worked on are strongly geared towards real-world adoption, for usage by anyone online (including those who don’t use crypto directly at all).

• Original SAT premine: old dev is not involved at all in SAT² and actually left months ago, with all the premine. We first released new wallets with a block in the code to lock the two wallets with the original premine, it worked out but then with the help of Cryptsy and Mintpal (our main exchanges) we discovered that premine was already sold on markets back in March. That means that our block worked out but was not needed anymore because the coins were back on the market. New SAT² will have no premine (see Point 3).

• New website: Today we are also launching the new website for Saturn²Coin http://saturn2.co.in . The new website is based on the new branding and design of SAT², to underline once again that this is a completely new coin.

• Last 24h price of SAT: many asked about the price increase of the last 24h of SAT. An important factor to keep in mind is the fact that last month the total supply of Saturncoin was heavily reduced (from 50 billion coins originally, to 7.77 billion coins currently). Until now, it did not affect the price, since at the time we had not yet made these publications about our developments. Essentially that means that the price per Saturncoin has been heavily undervalued lately. And now that we get to release this news and publically display our commitment, the price increase is simply a correction based on the fact that on the one hand the supply was heavily reduced, and on the other hand because we are reestablishing faith with all the developments we are making.

• Saturn²Coin Secifications:

- PoW/PoS hybrid
    - Initial supply: 7,777,777 coins
    - Initial supply will be used to exchange SAT to SAT² (at a rate of 1000 SAT = 1 SAT²)
    - NO premine
    - NO IPO

PoS:
    - First year: 10% interest per year
    - Second year: 5% interest per year
    - Third year onwards: 2.5% interest per year - Minimum stake age: 10 days
    - Maximum stake age: 20 days
    - Block target: 20 seconds
    - Development fund: 1% per year

PoW:
    - 10 SAT² per block
    - Reward halving every week
    - Block target: 80 seconds
    - PoW gets cut off at block 21600 (which should take about 20 days)

Note: this will only be a very short PoW stage, which has a minimal impact on the total supply. The reason we need a PoW phase is because the minimum stake age is 10 days, so no staking will occur during the initial 10 days. During that time we need PoW to keep the blockchain moving. We have decided to let the PoW last for approximately 20 days, to ensure it covers the (theoretical) maximum stake age. After 20 days there is 100% certainty that staking will be taking place, and at that stage PoW will simply no longer be necessary.
    With these new specifications we will be holding true to the original values of Saturncoin: speed.

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
hashpower

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:48:04 PM

Hi Guys,
does your wallet sync?
mine get stuck at 23823 block.

any idea?

thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: