Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:10:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place to build the Bitcoin island in the international waters  (Read 16635 times)
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:07:22 PM

This 'project' is so loosely though of that I'm scared if this does happen. Not everybody can just pack up and go 'Hey, met some people online, International Waters.' There needs to be a stable council that comes up with ideas. Not just random people asking questions, and people answering them.

you have to understand this isn't even the alpha phase yet, we're just discussing how it should be done
there's plenty of time to finalize the project

You don't understand. This is going to be a COUNTRY. A living, thriving, country. Even discussions are supposed to be professional. This isn't some COMPANY, were people get together and discuss what's going on, in different phases.

I have a idea - Focus on one topic or such for ever month. Come back and polish the ideas afterwards.
This is going to be? Sounds like a pretty big promise, how far in the process are you right now if I may ask? Smiley

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:35:28 PM

This is going to be? Sounds like a pretty big promise, how far in the process are you right now if I may ask? Smiley
Are you just posting randomly due to the signature?
Obviously there is no process yet, this is only being discussed. This project would be on a huge scale, if it ever happens.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:43:30 PM

Obviously there is no process yet, this is only being discussed. This project would be on a huge scale, if it ever happens.

I have already put him on my ignore list. 99% of his posts are just plain spam. I don't have time to go through all that. Let's continue the discussion. In the last post, I was talking about the police force and the military.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:47:20 PM

I have already put him on my ignore list. 99% of his posts are just plain spam. I don't have time to go through all that. Let's continue the discussion. In the last post, I was talking about the police force and the military.
Well that isn't easy either. You've said that you would first try recruiting citizens, wouldn't that require extra training if they don't have the necessary skills? That would just add additional costs.
I do think that actually building the island would be the hardest step and most expensive one.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:50:56 PM

Well that isn't easy either. You've said that you would first try recruiting citizens, wouldn't that require extra training if they don't have the necessary skills? That would just add additional costs.

I hope that at least 0.3% of the Bitcoiners are policemen by profession. So... if we have 10,000 people moving to the island, we will be having at least 30 policemen. I was not talking about training newbies to become policemen.  Grin

I do think that actually building the island would be the hardest step and most expensive one.

Yes. The obstacles have to be solved in three phases.

1. Solving the legal obstacles
2. Solving the financial obstacles
3. Solving the technical obstacles
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 03:12:39 PM

I hope that at least 0.3% of the Bitcoiners are policemen by profession. So... if we have 10,000 people moving to the island, we will be having at least 30 policemen. I was not talking about training newbies to become policemen.  Grin

Yes. The obstacles have to be solved in three phases.

1. Solving the legal obstacles
2. Solving the financial obstacles
3. Solving the technical obstacles

That seems like a fair number.
I can't decide which phase is harder for this kind of project.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:25:13 PM

Hardly any Bitcoiner would like to live in a place without modern infrastructure, and the free places where you can start micronation, rocks or very small islands have 0 infrastructure.
Pero112

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:35:53 PM

Hardly any Bitcoiner would like to live in a place without modern infrastructure, and the free places where you can start micronation, rocks or very small islands have 0 infrastructure.

you fail to see the point

we would build the island on our own and of course the infrastructure too

most of the infrastructure would be built by land owners on their own land which they got along with their shares..
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

most of the infrastructure would be built by land owners on their own land which they got along with their shares..

The government will also chip in, with the revenues generated from tourism, rent and other services. Roads, Schools.etc will be built by the government. We don't want to burden the citizens too much.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:47:35 PM

Without talking about the financial and political problems here is the best location for me but first lets look at the criterias for what the best location for an island would be

1-Supply proximity for building and resupply in food energy and water till infrastructer are made to bypass external world at least partially
2-Proximity to internet nodes
3-Weather ,good seasonal weather would help with water supply (of course sea/ocea water can be used but that consumes a lot of energy) and with harvest

There are 2 places that come to mind (and I expressed this in another articale)

Near Morocco in the atlantic ocean, where fiber optic lines coming from NA, EU and Africa meets, the weather is great, you have 4 seasons, in autumm winter great quatities of rain without being too cold, and in summer due to ocean weather it's not to hot, not much storms not much earth quacks in the region, also in terms of building cost and infrastructures, the cost are cheap while Morocco has relatively good Infrastructure in is very close to EU, so anything needed from there is very accessible. in terms of Energy Solar being it Thermal or photo voltaic, wind, tidal, and hydraulic (using ocean currents) are all viable, also the region is very rich in terms of fish, since cold and hot water meets around that region.

The other place, is a bit disadvantageous, but has similar advantages, I believe south asian region, near philipines, is a good place, the fact that old volcanic islands or formation that didn't reach the top of water can be used in the process of building, the weather is more of a equatorial , so hot humid, but quite the water quantity, supplies can be insured from these sea countries Australia, and building can be done in china.

As for building an artificial island I think we should take note of our expertise and knowledge of oil platform building, build on shore/near shore and pull it to the ocean
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:54:58 PM

^^^^^ OK. Let me study the two locations which you have pointed out. They needs to be in international waters, and they needs to be shallow enough to build an artificial island.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:03:18 PM

^^^^^ OK. Let me study the two locations which you have pointed out. They needs to be in international waters, and they needs to be shallow enough to build an artificial island.

Happy Easter from the USSA.  Smiley 

Building an artificial island is a fascinating idea.
The primary ones I'm aware of are in/near Dubai and this one (Palm Island) looks like it's doing really well:

sanjoea

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:15:55 PM

The primary ones I'm aware of are in/near Dubai and this one (Palm Island) looks like it's doing really well:

Wow, wonderful island, its nice place to start bitcoin island

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:21:50 PM

Palm Island is amazing, but not in international waters.
The photo was just an example of an existing man-made island.  Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 04:24:16 PM

Palm Island is amazing, but not in international waters.
The photo was just an example of an existing man-made island.  Smiley
Total cost reached US$12.3 billion and maintaining the island is a costly expenditure.[citation needed] Approximately 40,000 workers, mostly from South Asia, have been involved in the construction of the island.
That's quite an expensive island there. It is close to the shore though.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
meliz98

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:26:34 PM

Why not just buy one of this islands http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/7-private-islands-that-cost-less-than-a-flat-in-london and declare automy or secede after we have enough people.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

Why not just buy one of this islands

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/7-private-islands-that-cost-less-than-a-flat-in-london

and declare automy or secede after we have enough people.

I have already posted about this multiple times here. All these islands are part of some UN member nation. We can't simply declare our sovereignty, when their sovereignty already exists there.
jodybay

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

if you want something do something!!!

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 05:12:49 PM

i guess arab have a great mind by building this wonderful island

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - PRIMEDICE 3 COMING 9TH AUGUST @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:26:00 PM

i guess arab have a great mind by building this wonderful island

Imagination, a good plan, and tons of money.
It sure does look beautiful.

apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

Sarcasm intended, of course, as you may have failed to detect. People are being way to snarky about this. :p

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: