Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:34:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore XPM GPU Miner discussion  (Read 142050 times)
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

Well this is really driving me crazy my other rig again doesn't work TRT on 0 after reinstalling windows i don't think i should do this again.
it happened after i saw Hashcnt below 512 on my 280x and TRT was on 400 i set the gpu max alloc to 100 and from then and until now its on zero and gpu usage 20% no matter what i change or do.

is there any quick fix for this claymore?

I'll post new version within one day.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:12:51 PM

Well this is really driving me crazy my other rig again doesn't work TRT on 0 after reinstalling windows i don't think i should do this again.
it happened after i saw Hashcnt below 512 on my 280x and TRT was on 400 i set the gpu max alloc to 100 and from then and until now its on zero and gpu usage 20% no matter what i change or do.

If you used setx, you did it in your registry permanent. see my post some pages back, i did exactly that.
There is a way to fix it in registry, but before i found out how, i had already reinstalled windows and started over again..
Now i dont dare to use that comand, since i clearly dont understand where or how to use it.
My hscount starts 256 or what it is, but all other stats like 4ch and trt seems better than most report in my case...
Stock clocks and no OC whatsoever yet, and no set  Max_ALLOCATE code for me yet...

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
dylanchang

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:25:13 PM

Do not use GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT could help.
incognitoworker

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:32:37 PM

Do not use GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT could help.
+1
When not using it, stats are good, when using it i get only trouble.
8core cpu with 2 gpus.
What should be the avg 4ch/h and trt?
Cause mine seems atleast to be above avg.
280x stock settings gets me 110k+ 4ch and trt 390-400.
My 280x toxic is even better... 125-130k 4ch and trt below 360.

gilad215

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:41:16 PM

If you used setx, you did it in your registry permanent. see my post some pages back, i did exactly that.
There is a way to fix it in registry, but before i found out how, i had already reinstalled windows and started over again..
Now i dont dare to use that comand, since i clearly dont understand where or how to use it.
My hscount starts 256 or what it is, but all other stats like 4ch and trt seems better than most report in my case...
Stock clocks and no OC whatsoever yet, and no set  Max_ALLOCATE code for me yet...

Just so i understand.

Set makes the value u entered
Setx cancels it?

there is no command to for cmd to cancel the gpu_max_alloc? sounds wierd.
just reinstalled windows and its working now..

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
incognitoworker

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

Just so i understand.

Setx cancels it?

no, setx makes it permanent in your registry, set makes it localy, each time if i have understood corectly.
I used setx when i did it, and it gave me same problems you have.
To fix it, you must inside your sys.32 folder i think and delet those comands.
I did not know that then, so i just reinstaled, took me 30minutes, and all was working perfect again.
I dont understand why, and either how this code works.
But for me, it seems best not using it...
Happy mining

MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:55:44 PM

Stock clocks and no OC whatsoever yet, and no set  Max_ALLOCATE code for me yet...

Just so i understand.

Setx cancels it?

No.
To make it simple:

SET sets value to variable only in single console window.
If you reboot, close window, it goes to black hole.
SETX sets it system-vide, writes it to registry, and makes it reboot-resistant :-)
If you want to confirm it, run regedit, go to CURRENT_USER/Environment check what you have there.
Open cmd and type: setx ASSHOLE 1
Press F5 (in regedit) to refresh and it will be there :-D
Reboot and it will be there too.

So IMO using SET is more safe, unless you want to check/delete what you setx in Windows registry.

Happy mining.

bt2084

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:38:15 AM

Is the Claymore miner built on other coder's GPL code?

If so isn't it theft of code (piracy) that that his source code isn't released so that it can be modified and compiled as we see fit?

Obviously if he built the whole code base from the ground up he has every right to do whatever he wants with his code, but if he's using other people's GPL code I don't understand how the programmer can release it with a fee structure and not release the source.

Am I missing the point of GPL license here or is this a plain-and-simple case of a source code misuse and legal violation by Claymore miner author?
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:57:09 AM

Is the Claymore miner built on other coder's GPL code?

No. It is based on "xptMiner" which was written by ypool creator to show how to create ypool-compatible miners. It also uses some parts of "jhPrimeminer" code (that is based on xptMiner too) to show block stats and interact with ypool. You can download both of these programs with sources and see if they GPL or not. You can also find authors of these programs in ypool chat and ask them about licenses, GPL, open source and everthing you want.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 08:52:56 AM

IMO even if Claymore is altruistic good guy, main problem with his miner is ypool.
This pool is theft ^ 2.
Every pool I mined could be simply comparable to what I mined solo, just following rule 'we keep together to find blocks more frequently'
but ypool... I have 50 XPM from pool and found myself 11 block atm.
Even if Claymore's miner had double fee I would get solo more.
How to call it other words than theft?

Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:35:45 AM

IMO even if Claymore is altruistic good guy, main problem with his miner is ypool.
This pool is theft ^ 2.
Every pool I mined could be simply comparable to what I mined solo, just following rule 'we keep together to find blocks more frequently'

I found about 500 blocks on ypool and got correct earnings for them +-5%. XPM mining is luck if you mine for a few days only. For that time you can find zero blocks and you would get almost same amount, and vice versa, you can find many blocks and get much less amount than if you would mine solo. But when you mine for a couple of weeks with several GPUs, stats becomes fair in all cases.
Anyway, I think you will see my solo miner in near future Smiley

aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:12:46 AM

1. what is trt? where it is in console?

2. what is measurement in miner/XMP (like kH/s) ?

any mining hardware comparison?
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:31:18 AM

1. TRT is total round time, performance counter, it is showed when you press "m" button, see readme for average values for different hardware.
2. cpd = ("10 ch/h value" * 24).  Approx raw XPM/day = cpd * (11 - diff) * (999 / (diff*diff)), current diff is 10.68. This formula will become invalid when diff will be very close to 11 since it does not count 11ch/h values that become more important when diff is almost 11.

bt2084

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:33:43 AM

It's not theft when the "victim" has a choice.  It's just called "business as usual." 

Life is full of choices.  It's up to us to make the decisions that yield the best benefits. 

This pool is theft ^ 2.

bt2084

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:44:16 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 11:00:25 AM by bt2084

Is the following error due to have a new AMD Catalyst driver?  I am going to switch to 13.12 anyway to check but it seems weird.

EDIT: I switched to 13.12 and still get this.  Looks like it's not mining either. Is this covered elsewhere? Sorry if I missed it.

EDIT2: I just waited a minute or two and it does show it's mining, regardless of the weird starting error/warning messages.

WARNING: While resolving call to function 'barrier' arguments were dropped!
WARNING: Linking two modules of different target triples: 'amdil-pc-unknown-amdopencl' and 'amdil-pc-amdopencl'
WARNING: Linking two modules of different target triples: 'amdil-pc-unknown-amdopencl' and 'amdil-pc-amdopencl'

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║                Claymore XPM GPU Miner  v2.0 Beta              ║
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
YPOOL version...
aistto
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:53:59 AM

1. TRT is total round time, performance counter, it is showed when you press "m" button, see readme for average values for different hardware.
2. cpd = ("10 ch/h value" * 24).  Approx raw XPM/day = cpd * (11 - diff) * (999 / (diff*diff)), current diff is 10.68. This formula will become invalid when diff will be very close to 11 since it does not count 11ch/h values that become more important when diff is almost 11.

Thanks.
To see 10ch/day i have to wait no less one day.
But how can see speed in few seconds/minutes? I need it to see results of over/downclock my gpu
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:00:07 AM

Thanks.
To see 10ch/day i have to wait no less one day.
But how can see speed in few seconds/minutes? I need it to see results of over/downclock my gpu

Check my messages above, I posted stats for my rigs yesterday, TRT, CPD, 4ch/h and 7ch/h. You can compare my 4ch/h or 7ch/h values to yours and calculate your CPD.
Example: I get about 115 7ch/h and it means about 1.9-2.0 CPD. So if you have about 60 7ch/h you will get about 1 CPD. You will have to wait only about 20 minutes to get your 7ch/h value correctly. You can also use 4ch/h value if you are in a hurry Smiley

bt2084

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:42:50 AM

Sorry if this seems lazy but has anyone already compared exchange potential using 1x 280X card crunching Claymore XPM's vs. something like Clevermining?

Clevermining currently claims about 0.00499 BTC/day per MH/s.

If one were not attempting to mine and hold XPM any idea what a 30-day average of auto-selling XPM would bring per MH/s?
incognitoworker

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:34:31 PM

Sorry if this seems lazy but has anyone already compared exchange potential using 1x 280X card crunching Claymore XPM's vs. something like Clevermining?

Clevermining currently claims about 0.00499 BTC/day per MH/s.

If one were not attempting to mine and hold XPM any idea what a 30-day average of auto-selling XPM would bring per MH/s?
I believe some has done the math, and it was something like 90% or more, compared to scrypt if i remember corect.
Dont take it to the bank tho, xpm is alot of luck if you mine it very shortly!
Happy mining

ans34

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:40:15 PM

Have problem with 7870 rig - any time i start miner i have drivers crash. tried to lower threads - same result

1. Install Catalyst v13.12.
2. Disable overclocking.
3. Reboot computer.

1. 13.12 is there from very beginning
2. tried even downclocking - same result
3. many times Smiley

Maybe problem is that CPU is A4-6300 APU?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: