Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:34:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore XPM GPU Miner discussion  (Read 142057 times)
seljak

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:53:14 PM

Claymore
Could you implement such things as automatic miner restart, when
1. some gpu thread hangs
2. couldn't connect to pool

As you done this already in xmr miner?
It would be very helpful: some gpu's didn't make shares after some mining time, other miners loose connection and didn't reconnect automatically -(

Ok, I will implement it in next update, I'm already working on it. But if you have problems with GPUs probably you overclocked them too much.

+ a little performance bump, right... Wink
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325

Miners developer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:57:54 AM

+ a little performance bump, right... Wink

Yes, of course Smiley

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
List of my miners: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019607
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:01:33 AM

I added mirror for files:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B69wv2iqszefRjNHVjdvMkF2VDA&usp=sharing

Unfortunately I cannot update OP.

Please read Readme and FAQ in the first post of this thread before asking any questions, probably the answer is already there.
m0nty

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

Readme file instructions .
3. It is very important to have a lot of connections in Primecoin wallet, otherwise you will have many orphaned blocks.
So if you have only 8 active connections, you need to allow incoming connections, check related topics about it.

1) What is this ?
 2) How i put more connections ?
 3) guide me please . thx .  Smiley
rots

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:33:41 PM

you need do nothing, if you have pubilc IP, incoming connections is automatic enable, if you has no public IP,
there's no way to allow incoming connections.

3. It is very important to have a lot of connections in Primecoin wallet, otherwise you will have many orphaned blocks.
So if you have only 8 active connections, you need to allow incoming connections, check related topics about it.

1) What is this ?
 3) guide me please . thx .  Smiley
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:20:33 PM

you need do nothing, if you have pubilc IP, incoming connections is automatic enable, if you has no public IP,
there's no way to allow incoming connections.

1) What is this ?
 3) guide me please . thx .  Smiley

Not that I can offer any better but rots answer is technically a little confusing.  At some point, everyone that uses an ISP has a public IP address which they pay for usually on a leased time period basis.  The only exception could be if you had an ISP that used RFC 1918 IP addresses as their leased and managed IP addresses... which I can barely fathom... although I suppose it's possible.  But all you'd have to do to see your public/leased IP address which you get from your ISP is to open a command prompt and enter ipconfig /all to see all your IP info.  Looking at the "gateway" IP address will show you your public IP address which is what your home router (probably a WIFI capable router) will connect to.  The default IP address for your router is probably 192.168.1.1 and your host computer (and any other device on your home network) would be something like 192.168.1.X which is a standard Class C RFC 1918 private IP address.  This is commonly called NAT: Network Address Translation but should really be called PAT: Port Address Translation.  NAT is 1:1 translation of an internal RFC 1918 address to an external public IP address while PAT is many private addresses to 1 public IP address and it does this by tagging ports.

So now that you can see "port" address translation, the rest might make a little more sense as to why it works.

2ldr

So anyways, if you want to have more connections you can make sure some settings on your router are on... Such as port forwarding for just one rig or port triggering to make it effective in the entire network: it's TCP port 9911.  This way, all inbound traffic for port 9911 (XPM's port) will be accepted.  You can also make sure your firewall has a special rule to accept all the incoming traffic on TCP port 9911.

I did all of the above and never got over 8 connections but then again I didn't really watch that long.  The other thing I did since I have 2 rigs is setup a solo pool with one pool mining to rpc 127.0.0.1 and the other rig going to the 192.168.1.X address of the main rig.  After I did that, I finally saw more connections: as many as 12 to 14 connections which I thought was pretty cool.  And then I smiled.

But.. solo mining is random and scary.  I have no idea if it's better or worse than pool yet.  Only time will tell.  And I think it helps to have a lot of hash power too... so I'm trying to boost that up however I may.... Added a few more GPUs.  we'll see.  

glta

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
KriszDev

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:22:05 PM

Is there anybody who knows how much hash can i get with an 5450 or an 6450 or an R7 240?
seljak

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:01:54 PM

Is there anybody who knows how much hash can i get with an 5450 or an 6450 or an R7 240?
about 0 hash and a little more than 0 cpd if you were going to mine xpm
KriszDev

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

0 hash? Why? My CPU (G540) get 16 hash.
seljak

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

...which is aprox 0.  Roll Eyes
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

Can someone explain me why a 0.5% increase in difficulty means almost a 30% decrease in coins mined?

KriszDev

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:33:15 PM

...which is aprox 0.  Roll Eyes

I could get one of the cards (mentioned in quote) for cheap and i wanna know which is the best for mining.
ans34

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:59:28 AM

Claymore there is strange thing - i use 14.4 drivers and mine on R9 290X and R9 270X. Instance of miner, running on 290x is ok, but instance on 270x print next:
Code:
Initializing...
WARNING: Linking two modules of different target triples: 'amdil-pc-unknown-amdo
pencl' and 'amdil-pc-amdopencl'
WARNING: Linking two modules of different target triples: 'amdil-pc-unknown-amdo
WARNING: While resolving call to function 'barrier' arguments were dropped!
YPOOL version...

and does not work on new version
Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:00:25 AM

Claymore there is strange thing - i use 14.4 drivers and mine on R9 290X and R9 270X. Instance of miner, running on 290x is ok, but instance on 270x print next:
Code:
Initializing...
YPOOL version...

and does not work on new version

Use Catalyst 13.12 for this miner.

Claymore
Donator
Legendary

Miners developer

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:01:49 AM

v12.0 is available:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=693680

Please use new thread to ask questions, I cannot maintain this thread because I'm not owner of original post.

yldouright

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

For anyone interested:
Primecoin [XPM] is being purchased here.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:59:44 PM

cmon Claymore you are due for another release please i'm sure we pay you enough Smiley
jin518

Activity: 159

https://yadi.sk/i/2bzED4KYxCpgng

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:02:45 AM

HI ,i have 280x card.But i cannot mining,
Invalid share
Reason:Share failed

A Z A R T (x17)   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR THE GAMBLING INDUSTRY
                                             A p p  Download   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Google Play | App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                   >>> BUY COINS <<<
         F o l l o w  us   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMDISCORDTWITTER
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67]
  Print  

Jump to: