Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:33:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies!  (Read 82931 times)
kobaya74

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:11:10 PM

Farmview does not work too. And 1.4.2 has connection problems on boot sometimes, slow interface... Have to stick with SMOS till some stable release.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GunPowder

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:30:29 AM

And 1.4.2 ......., slow interface.............
Cause the banner code in status.pl
It pools adv pics from the outsource every time you update the page
Just 'nano' it a bit.. Smiley
espressodelisi

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:40:37 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 05:01:41 PM by espressodelisi

I need to disable the autologin, how can I do that? I do not want a root GUI open all the time. I need the GUI to stay at a login screen. How?

or is there a setting or package to install to lock the desktop right after system starts? xscreensaver or anything?
kobaya74

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:42:55 PM

Shall try 1.4.2 on 2-3 miners. Sorted connection problems, found solution on forums. Also after some time pool manager stops to lag and is very reasonable, and farmview is working too. Didn't know problem is in banner, shall delete it when I find time. But question is: why did we receive update for 1.5.5 that says it fix things when it does not? Anyway, I like it on first sight and shall try it, with hope 1.5.5 will be polished in few days. I like thought every miner I had to install manually in SMOS/BAMT, here I receive with simply "pimpupdate". Good work, if I find it usefull after 7-10 days, shall donate to contribute to project.
kobaya74

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:48:15 PM

I need to disable the autologin, how can I do that? I do not want a root GUI open all the time. I need the GUI to stay at a login screen. How?

or is there a setting or package to install to lock the desktop right after system starts? xscreensaver or anything?

And why would you need such an option, when PIMP/SMOS/BAMT are made to work best in headless mode? Make good root password, so no one can log to miners remotely and you are good. I am sure you would have serious problems in running miners while logged off.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 01:29:15 AM

Have been using PiMP to mine DRK on my little ole Asus 7870 for about a week straight now without incident.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
espressodelisi

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:36:17 AM

And why would you need such an option, when PIMP/SMOS/BAMT are made to work best in headless mode? Make good root password, so no one can log to miners remotely and you are good. I am sure you would have serious problems in running miners while logged off.

My mining rig is running in a datacenter, away from me and I do not want a curious datacenter personnel to attach a monitor and see an unlocked root desktop. it's a security risk.

anyway, I've solved that problem. The miner needs logged in desktop to run, so I've installed xautolocak and slock packages from debian repos and added these two lines in /root/.fluxbox/startup file:

xautolock –time 1 –locker slock &
su root -c slock

Now the rig boots and immediately locked, when I attach a monitor all I see a blank screen. This is enough security. I need to enter root password from keyboard to see the desktop.

vladman

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:07:00 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help,

I've been running PiMP 1.5.5 14.4 for a couple of days now, mining X11, and most things seem great, except for a couple of issues.

I'm seeing a huge number under the "Discarded" value on the pool stats screen, and this number is constantly growing.  I don't know what this means, and it's a bit worrying.  I'm confused though, as everything else seems fine, the pool I'm mining at is registering my hashrate, my balances on my miner stats page there are growing, I got paid this morning, I have no HW errors and my rejects are low.

So what could that number mean, and do I need to worry about it?

Here's the screenshot:

The second issue is relatively minor, my graphs aren't updating, and it's been over 24 hours, are they bugged, or do I need to do anything?

Many thanks!
mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:44:24 AM

Thanks @ all Pimp devs, everything is working like a charm !

One question, I have multiple rigs all connected to the same network, but the farm option doesn't show up, if there's something to change in options to manage all rigs within the same page ?
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help,

I've been running PiMP 1.5.5 14.4 for a couple of days now, mining X11, and most things seem great, except for a couple of issues.

I'm seeing a huge number under the "Discarded" value on the pool stats screen, and this number is constantly growing.  I don't know what this means, and it's a bit worrying.  I'm confused though, as everything else seems fine, the pool I'm mining at is registering my hashrate, my balances on my miner stats page there are growing, I got paid this morning, I have no HW errors and my rejects are low.

So what could that number mean, and do I need to worry about it?

Here's the screenshot:

//cutoff

The second issue is relatively minor, my graphs aren't updating, and it's been over 24 hours, are they bugged, or do I need to do anything?

Many thanks!

Never noticed that for more than 2 weeks of using PIMP, but its same here. But because everything is OK I think that are stales or work discarded due expire. As for the graphs - I never had this issue, did You try to restart rig? 2 minutes of downtime is not big deal, until You want to make record  Wink

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
sling00

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:46:55 AM

Hi guys,

Sling00 here from the pimp dev team..

To answer some of your questions:

1.5.5 & bootmining:

Well, crontab caught us in a catch22, as such we are moving away from crontab for controlling miner startup.

Graphing issue: known issue but does not affect all machines, again 99% related to crontab, this is also moving to a daemon.

Farmview: x11mod miner breaks farmview. so farmview probably will not work properly when using these profiles, and possibly some newer builds of sgminer.

Never fear though, something much better for farm overview is coming soon (~1 week) and a pimpupdate will replace farmview and install the new solution for you Smiley

I don't get on here alot and post, however if you have any questions needing a quick response come join us on IRC. Freenode #pimp is the best way to get ahold of most of us.

Thanks for your continued support!
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 11:23:17 AM

Great work so far. Any chance of adding Blake256?

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
sling00

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 12:45:46 AM

Great work so far. Any chance of adding Blake256?

Yes, coming in the coming point release and will be available via pimpupdate as well Smiley
zyebu

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:03:00 PM

how upgrade ati driver to 14.6 version?
kobaya74

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:50:47 AM

I put "mine start" in /etc/X11/Xsession.d and it solved my problems with mining autostart. Haven't been able to resolve some substitution for farmview, but since you say new one will be available in 1 week, I shall wait for that solution. Cheers.
lynxchat1

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:15:15 AM

in what file you put "mine start"??  i'm trying but not work.

I put "mine start" in /etc/X11/Xsession.d and it solved my problems with mining autostart. Haven't been able to resolve some substitution for farmview, but since you say new one will be available in 1 week, I shall wait for that solution. Cheers.
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

So... PIMP Great for GPU...

BUT put 2 x G-Blades on to test - they are there in #~ lsub

BUT Seedmanager (cgminer-4.3-gridseed) does not detect them - checkconf /opt/ifmi/blah blah.conf returns "ok" but no go.

Running cgminer --benchmark bombs out...

Can anyone post a working blade conf file for me to play with?

Roll Eyes

Failure is success waiting to happen...
MWNinja

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:41:03 AM

PiMP is Copyrighted - Accept No Imitations" (AKA: You cannot release your own clones of PiMP. This is not GPL License. Don't steal our work, contribute to it instead - Thanks!)

The Free Software Foundation says otherwise.  Nice Linux Distro...hey LINUX is GPL.  And you are including more GPL software you didn't write.  You can't slap a copyright on a bunch of GPL code you didn't develop.  I find your stuff useful, but seriously it's open source, you should play by the open source rules.
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

So... PIMP Great for GPU...

BUT put 2 x G-Blades on to test - they are there in #~ lsub

BUT Seedmanager (cgminer-4.3-gridseed) does not detect them - checkconf /opt/ifmi/blah blah.conf returns "ok" but no go.

Running cgminer --benchmark bombs out...

Can anyone post a working blade conf file for me to play with?

Roll Eyes
PIMP Seedmanager (cgminer-4.3-gridseed) - Gridseed Blade Conf File Anyone?

Have played but to no avail - will not see the devices... miner will not start...

Sad

Failure is success waiting to happen...
kobaya74

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:24:39 AM

in what file you put "mine start"??  i'm trying but not work.

I make new file with txt editor, called for example 100x11-mine_start. Into that file write only plain "mine start" (no "" ofc). make file executabile (chmod 755 "file name"). 100 in name is order for command to run (last one is 99x if you look at folder). That means 100x shall be last to execute. Working so far for me. When you try to remote desktop, you will get screen with white terminal. Write "exit" in terminal and you get remote desktop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: