Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:21:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DARKCOIN (NOW KNOWN AS DASH) BIG SCAM?? let's take a closer look  (Read 13880 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:55:47 PM

^^ hey without quark maybe dark coin wouldn't even exist, have some respect for your big brother alright Cheesy

I respect QRK, it was great innovation, just a pity to have cryptohunter as part of the QRK community/fans, instead of helping QRK he keeps on trolling other coins.

How is exposing the instamine "trolling" ?

"Exposing"?  This is all public knowledge and always has been.  Dredging it up now for no good reason other than to stir up shit is more or less the definition of trolling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:00:04 PM

Your devotion to Darkcoin is bordering on pathological.  Neither you nor anyone else need have anything whatsoever to do with this coin.

The entire sequence of events is public information.  You can read the sequence of events during launch as they happened on the boitcointalk thread, and you can read the developers account of events on darkcointalk.

Please give us a point by point account of exactly where the deception or "lies", as you keep typing over and over and over, exist.

A qt would have been preferable.  That there was no qt was public knowledge pre-launch.  Everyone had ample opportunity to ignore DRK and move on to something else.  Why didn't they do so?  Why do they continue to not do so?  Is everyone stupid but you?

Also, exactly how difficult is it to set up a free, ~400MB OS that works on basically any machine - for which, I might add, NO GPU drivers were necessary at the time - in order to mine the coin?

Please provide a block of times and dates which would be most convenient for you, so that future developers may know when to launch, as apparently launch time comprises a "fairness" issue in your mind (LOL).

In the interest of full disclosure, I own and support DRK.  I'm fully aware of all of its launch issues and I couldn't give a shit less.  I suppose that makes me stupid...

Cryptohunter is (literally, no joke) a 16 year old child in obvious, desperate need of a healthy hobby and a girlfriend.

Some people like to learn the hard way, good luck holding and mining this.

Don't cry when you lose it all though, you were warned several times.

No no, I'm a grown up I can handle my poor decisions with good grace.

If you wouldn't mind, please tell me know many coins are currently held in the top, say, 10 wallets, as well as what the top holder owns.  Then explain to me how the numbers you find should have me shaking in my boots.

Please also explain how full disclosure of the issues in the ANN thread and by the dev himself amount to the coin being a "scam".

Thanks   Cheesy
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

^^ hey without quark maybe dark coin wouldn't even exist, have some respect for your big brother alright Cheesy

I respect QRK, it was great innovation, just a pity to have cryptohunter as part of the QRK community/fans, instead of helping QRK he keeps on trolling other coins.

"Exposing"?  This is all public knowledge and always has been.  Dredging it up now for no good reason other than to stir up shit is more or less the definition of trolling.

Sorry I missed the part on the DRK ANN thread OP where it says that 2 million coins were instamined, please take a screenshot for me so I can locate it.
eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:15:59 PM

Sorry I missed the part on the DRK ANN thread OP where it says that 2 million coins were instamined, please take a screenshot for me so I can locate it.

Out of curiosity, where does the 2 million figure come from?  Please cite the source.  I've seen numbers ranging from 1.5 - 2M, so I'm just curious as to where your information originates.

I'm also curious as to how much DRK is still tied up in the top wallets, because the figures I've heard are nowhere near 1.5 - 2M.  If what I've heard is true, please let me know why I should be afraid of this coin as it is right now.

Everyone on the bitcointalk thread was told and it is discussed there regularly.  The dev mentions the issues with the launch on the darkcointalk thread (though, admittedly, no numbers).
ymer

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:19:21 PM

Out of curiosity, where does the 2 million figure come from?  Please cite the source.  I've seen numbers ranging from 1.5 - 2M, so I'm just curious as to where your information originates.

I'm also curious as to how much DRK is still tied up in the top wallets, because the figures I've heard are nowhere near 1.5 - 2M.  If what I've heard is true, please let me know why I should be afraid of this coin as it is right now.

Everyone on the bitcointalk thread was told and it is discussed there regularly.  The dev mentions the issues with the launch on the darkcointalk thread (though, admittedly, no numbers).

Wait you said this is public knowledge, are you now saying that it isn't true?
eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:24:47 PM

I'm also curious as to how much DRK is still tied up in the top wallets, because the figures I've heard are nowhere near 1.5 - 2M.  If what I've heard is true, please let me know why I should be afraid of this coin as it is right now.

The fact that there were a large number of coins mined at launch, somewhere between 1.5 and 2M.  Please don't put words into my mouth.

Again, where do you get your 2M figure?  Source please.
ymer

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:25:39 PM

The fact that there were a large number of coins mined at launch.  Please don't put words into my mouth.

Again, where do you get your 2M figure?

Define "large number" in terms of the current difficulty and block reward.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:28:01 PM

I'm also curious as to how much DRK is still tied up in the top wallets, because the figures I've heard are nowhere near 1.5 - 2M.  If what I've heard is true, please let me know why I should be afraid of this coin as it is right now.

The fact that there were a large number of coins mined at launch, somewhere between 1.5 and 2M.  Please don't put words into my mouth.

Again, where do you get your 2M figure?  Source please.

Noob please give up. The dev himself want a 2million air drop to smooth over the scam clearly highlighted in this thread over and over. I can only think you are anti dark coin keep bumping this.

I'm not interested in how difficult you feel it is for people to compile their own windows qt. If it is so easy how come this highly regarded super brain dev could not do it..... or maybe he could but didn't want to??

You dumbo's keep making things worse for yourself.... please stop the drk community is suffering at your hands.

It is very telling that everyone here either denying or justifying is a big poster in the dark thread...lol.  No impartial people have come to excuse the scam.

eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:42:03 PM

Noob please give up. The dev himself want a 2million air drop to smooth over the scam clearly highlighted in this thread over and over. I can only think you are anti dark coin keep bumping this.

I'm not interested in how difficult you feel it is for people to compile their own windows qt. If it is so easy how come this highly regarded super brain dev could not do it..... or maybe he could but didn't want to??

You dumbo's keep making things worse for yourself.... please stop the drk community is suffering at your hands.

It is very telling that everyone here either denying or justifying is a big poster in the dark thread...lol.  No impartial people have come to excuse the scam.

"Noob".  Lol, you're cute.  I see now what I'm dealing with here.

Again, I'll ask you, how many DRK are still in the top 10 wallets?  Why should that number bother me?  What evidence exists to support the accusation that the early issues were anything other than accident or oversight, as chronicled here?  Please tell me where you get your 2M figure from.

If it is so easy how come this highly regarded super brain dev could not do it..... or maybe he could but didn't want to??

Lol.  You and that nutjob Glen Beck.  Just asking questions, right?

Please feel free to present any evidence whatsoever of malice.  You can't, but I'll still wait.  So will everyone else.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:47:32 PM

It is very telling that everyone here either denying or justifying is a big poster in the dark thread...lol.  No impartial people have come to excuse the scam.

"Noob".  Lol, you're cute.

Again, I'll ask you, how many DRK are still in the top 10 wallets?  Why should that number bother me?  What evidence exists to support the accusation that the early issues were anything other than accident or oversight, as chronicled here.  Please tell me where you get your 2M figure from.

If it is so easy how come this highly regarded super brain dev could not do it..... or maybe he could but didn't want to??

Please feel free to present any evidence whatsoever of malice.  You can't, but I'll still wait.  So will everyone else.

why are you asking the same things the other drk shill asked....two posts above....can you not read?? are you so blinded by greed?

wallet distribution NOW means nothing...not that it actually ever means that much you can swap coin to different wallets easy.... surely a super brain like you who can compile windows qt from source knows you can move coins between wallets right?? or you didn't try that yet .... hehe press send see what that button does.

Yes it's amazing isn't it.

Stop bumping this you drkcoin hater. Let it sink. Do keep trying to subvert the truth coming out.

I have answered your question... yes about the wallet if you say it is so easy to compile windows wallets from source then why did the super brain dev not do it for us. I opens up larger questions. One of their devs said they did not know how to compile the windows qt. Yet you're saying everyone else should be able to? please fool i can't waste time arguing with people who don't read the thread or post stupid things over and over.

This compile your own windows qts at launches is stupid ...so stop looking pathetic grasping at straws.

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:56:34 PM

I had to skip forward maybe some people spoke on this but I'm sure you people remember the bum rush of Scrypt coins coming out early to mid January. Everyone was looking to be the next doge style coin early adapter.  But filled with plenty of new people (myself included) were still asking how to setup Scrypt miners etc etc.  It wasn't like right now, we are lucky enough to recieve an sgminer update for every new algo coin within a couple days.  I downloaded xcoin on Jan. 20 didnt mine a single block.  On the 22nd I got the cpu miner for xcoin, still didn't mine a block.  I didnt do much with Xcoin I was concentrating on Vert, KDC, Net2 etc.  I picked up on Dark coin Jan 30th. used the xcoin cpu miner and solved 8 blocks in 36 hours then stopped and moved on.  I picked up the Dark GPU miner around Feb 16th and mined the fake stacycoin with it.

Reason for saying this crap,

Just because you didn't pay attention to a coin doesn't mean it was unfairly released.  Many of you are happy with multipool or pointing Scrypt rigs at one spot for .015 a day and that's .5 BTC a month.  I mined 20 different coins in January took a risk and wow I have .6 btc worth of dark, the rest are garbage.  No risk no reward.  I try not to even pay attention to Pre ANN coins, instant networks of 1G/hash+ seconds after launch? No thanks I'll never find a coin in that environment.  Then again I'm not a professional.  I do think that taking the time to mine a few blocks on the new algorithms is worth while.  TWE, Aiden, Groestl, Fugue, Heavy, X11.  

Side note I don't personally think anyone should be rushing to switch their coin to a new algo, How many Quark clones did we see recently with Soma, Probe, Prt, o2o, net2, FRQ, FZ, Doug, Cnote etc etc.  Quark is secure, Quark runs cool on my gpu, and none of those coins are on the front page of the announcements often these days.  SO how long do you think Hiro, Stacy (already dead) and the next wave of derivatives will stick around.  

TLDR:
1. as an early adopter of dark I made what I expect a normal person mining scrypt would make in a month.  Just mine was in 1.5 days instead of over the month, so I dont think there was anything unfair about the early progression of its development.  Every coin is in development!  
2. in case its not clear, I support Dark and its innovation aside from x11, and x11 is neat too.  I dont see any case where a coin coming out that doesnt have something newhas room to survive.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:57:30 PM

Again, I'll ask you, how many DRK are still in the top 10 wallets?  Why should that number bother me?  What evidence exists to support the accusation that the early issues were anything other than accident or oversight, as chronicled here.  Please tell me where you get your 2M figure from.

why are you asking the same things the other drk shill asked....two posts above....can you not read?? are you so blinded by greed?

wallet distribution NOW means nothing...not that it actually ever means that much you can swap coin to different wallets easy.... surely a super brain like you who can compile windows qt from source knows you can move coins between wallets right?? or you didn't try that yet .... hehe press send see what that button does.

Stop bumping this you drkcoin hater. Let it sink. Do keep trying to subvert the truth coming out.

Where did I say I could compile windows qt from source?  News to me Smiley.

Maybe this is what you're referring to?  Perhaps if you weren't deleting legitimate posts like a silly child, you could better follow the conversation:

Also, exactly how difficult is it to set up a free, ~400MB OS that works on basically any machine - for which, I might add, NO GPU drivers were necessary at the time - in order to mine the coin?

Ahh, so it's a great conspiracy!  It all makes sense now!  The great DRK instamine of 2014 - they "stole" it all and hid it all!  And you have unambiguous evidence to support this?  Do share!

Lol.  Let me give you some advice: when you feel that you need to resort to conspiracy theory to make your argument seem valid, chances are you're full of shit.  

I know you're not quite there yet, but, when you become a grown-up, you'll understand that when you make an accusation such as the one you've made, it is necessary to present evidence and sources to support your accusation.  Feel free to do so at any time.

It means nothing.  Hmm.  Very interesting when it's well known that many of the first miners either sold or gave away their coins.  Where did all these stolen riches get off to?  Why do I give a shit about what happened before I ever bought into the coin?  How does this affect me, right now, as an investor?  You're not making any sort of a clear case.

Again, in the real world, you would be asking for a libel suit.
ymer

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:58:59 PM

The fact that there were a large number of coins mined at launch.  Please don't put words into my mouth.

Again, where do you get your 2M figure?

Define "large number" in terms of the current difficulty and block reward.
jdp527

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:59:14 PM

Self Moderated. Nice, I see what you did there.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:02:45 PM

Ahh, so it's a great conspiracy!  It all makes sense now!  The great DRK instamine of 2014 - they "stole" it all and hid it all!  And you have unambiguous evidence to support this?  Do share!

Lol.  Let me give you some advice: when you feel that you need to resort to conspiracy theory to make your argument seem valid, chances are you're full of shit.  

I know you're not quite there yet, but, when you become a grown-up, you'll understand that when you make an accusation such as the one you've made, it is necessary to present evidence and sources to support your accusation.  Feel free to do so at any time.

It means nothing.  Hmm.  Very interesting when it's well known that many of the first miners either sold or gave away their coins.  Where did all these stolen riches get off to?  Why do I give a shit about what happened before I ever bought into the coin?  How does this affect me, right now, as an investor?  You're not making any sort of a clear case.

Oh a libel suit for highlighting the truth? i think not.

Well you were suggesting no windows wallet wasn't a big issue, coupled with no pools then how would you suggest people mine?

I don't care what difference you consider to make. I care about examining if it happened or not. The block explorer is the evidence go take a look yourself then come back and tell me what you see. Perhaps the block explorer is lying.... can you launch a libel suit against a block explorer telling its version of events?

eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:05:28 PM

Oh a libel suit for highlighting the truth? i think not.

Your accusation is that the coin is a scam.  Don't back out now.  You have provided absolutely zero evidence to support this accusation.  This is the definition of libel.

Well you were suggesting no windows wallet wasn't a big issue, coupled with no pools then how would you suggest people mine?

I don't care what difference you consider to make. I care about examining if it happened or not. The block explorer is the evidence go take a look yourself then come back and tell me what you see. Perhaps the block explorer is lying.... can you launch a libel suit against a block explorer telling its version of events?

No, no, no, young man.  You don't understand how this works.

When you make the accusation, the burden of proof rests on YOU, not me.

If it happened?  Yes it happened, everybody knows that.  The real question is whether it was malicious or not.  So what, exactly are you trying to do here?  Do your mommy and daddy not give you enough attention at home or something?
eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:10:10 PM

Still deleting legitimate posts, I see Smiley

AND you've deleted the post that quoted it!  HAHAHAHAAH

This would be comical if it weren't so sad!
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:11:02 PM

oh i see now ... so it happened Smiley  that's all you needed to say.  

If you have nothing new to add then why post.  Why ask for proof then say you know it happened anyway.... stop wasting my time.

If the dev and a handful of people accidentally mined up 50% of the current minting in 24hours then accidents happen i guess lol Smiley

eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:11:09 PM

Your devotion to Darkcoin is bordering on pathological.  Neither you nor anyone else need have anything whatsoever to do with this coin.

The entire sequence of events is public information.  You can read the sequence of events during launch as they happened on the boitcointalk thread, and you can read the developers account of events on darkcointalk.

Please give us a point by point account of exactly where the deception or "lies", as you keep typing over and over and over, exist.

A qt would have been preferable.  That there was no qt was public knowledge pre-launch.  Everyone had ample opportunity to ignore DRK and move on to something else.  Why didn't they do so?  Why do they continue to not do so?  Is everyone stupid but you?

Please provide a block of times and dates which would be most convenient for you, so that future developers may know when to launch, as apparently launch time comprises a "fairness" issue in your mind (LOL).

In the interest of full disclosure, I own and support DRK.  I'm fully aware of all of its launch issues and I couldn't give a shit less.  I suppose that makes me stupid...

Cryptohunter is (literally, no joke) a 16 year old child in obvious, desperate need of a healthy hobby and a girlfriend.
eltito

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

oh i see now ... so it happened Smiley  that's all you needed to say.  

If you have nothing new to add then why post.  Why ask for proof then say you know it happened anyway.... stop wasting my time.

If the dev and a handful of people accidentally mined up 50% of the current minting in 24hours then accidents happen i guess lol Smiley

Have you noticed how the title of this post is "DARKCOIN BIG SCAM?? let's take a closer look"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: