Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NiceHash.com - sell & buy hash rate cloud mining service / multipool  (Read 794142 times)
StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:29:11 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 04:49:26 PM by StuffOfInterest

OK, here is an idea for unifying the service.

First off, have regionalized stratum servers such as northamerica.nicehash.com, europe.nicehas.com, and asia.nicehash.com.  Hash providers should connect their miner to the server with the lowest round trip time.  Would be nice if the NiceHash website provided a tool to help find it.

When a buyer submits an order, they should specify a preferred server to service the order but the order book should be a single list across all of NiceHash.  One additional option would be to allow a buy to limit their order to only being serviced by the specified server or from any available.

As the orders are parceled out, the highest order gets first try at it's specified server.  As you work down the list if an order can't be fully serviced by their specified server then, if they have set the order to allow it, service from any other available server.  Delay and rejects may be higher in this scenario but if a buyer wants to avoid that they can either up their price to get higher in the queue on their preferred server or set the "no float" option and accept that their order may not get run as soon.

With a unified price queue there is not as much incentive for providers and buyers to chase the best price of the moment.  Providers will go to the server closest to them for the best performance.  Buyers will set a preference for their nearest server but will deal with more round trip delay if they are in a hurry to get their order serviced.  Market forces will have a much bigger play here as the higher an order price the quicker it gets serviced across the entire system.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
nicehashdev

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:44:09 PM

~10% rejects with 4.3.5 on the S2 now ... very reasonable!  Great job!  Smiley

Can you check what kind of rejects these are? Job not found or something else?

Looks like they're all job not found.  Anyone have any tips on reducing those?  Scantime and expiry I'm guessing?

Scantime is useful only for getwork. Nothing you can do here, but to try WestHash (if you are located closer to US West). Job not found are stale shares - your miner is too late.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 04:52:52 PM

OK, here is an idea for unifying the service.

First off, have regionalized stratum servers such as northamerica.nicehash.com, europe.nicehas.com, and asia.nicehash.com.  Hash providers should connect their miner to the server with the lowest round trip time.  Would be nice if the NiceHash website provided a tool to help find it.

When a buyer submits an order, they should specify a preferred server to service the order but the order book should be a single list across all of NiceHash.  One additional option would be to allow a buy to limit their order to only being serviced by the specified server or from any available.

As the orders are parceled out, the highest order gets first try at it's specified server.  As you work down the list if an order can't be fully serviced by their specified server then, if they have set the order to allow it, service from any other available server.  Delay and rejects may be higher in this scenario but if a buyer wants to avoid that they can either up their price to get higher in the queue on their preferred server or set the "no float" option and accept that their order may not get run as soon.

With a unified price queue there is not as much incentive for providers and buyers to chase the best server.  Providers will go to the server closest to them for the best performance.  Buyers will set a preference for their nearest server but will deal with more round trip delay if they are in a hurry to get their order serviced.  Market forces will have a much bigger play here as the higher and order price the quicker it gets serviced across the entire system.

Thank you for taking the time to write this up, I was thinking along those lines but was too lazy to post it Smiley

One problem I couldn't quite figure out is whether it's possible to have an unbalanced supply/demand ratio with this system and how that would affect profitability. The miners would set the nearest server as they do with any other pool and would not have to care about differences in profitability, that's great. What happens if there is  let's say 10 GH/s Scrypt mining power available on the US endpoint, but only 5 GH/s of orders that want that location (including the "do not care" ones). I guess the same thing could happen even with the one server, but now of course it's very likely that there will be a bunch of "just-below-LTC" opportunistic orders to scoop up any excess hashpower. With multiple endpoints we might have many cheap orders on the low-demand endpoint pushing down overall profitability even though there is high demand and lack of supply on another endpoint.
Hyacin75

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:56:45 PM

Looks like they're all job not found.  Anyone have any tips on reducing those?  Scantime and expiry I'm guessing?

Scantime is useful only for getwork. Nothing you can do here, but to try WestHash (if you are located closer to US West). Job not found are stale shares - your miner is too late.

Thanks!  Looking at my stats it looks like I'm getting a higher reject % from westhash despite being in North America!  C'est la vie ... I'll just factor the %s into my p= numbers when comparing to pools with lower rejects and payouts.
gysca

Activity: 392

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 09:44:31 PM

Hi,

i have a little problem, could you check order #52663

it's not executed and not showing in my order,

thank you

nicehashdev

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:51:55 PM

Hi,

thank you

You order is among scrypt orders: https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?a=0

Common mistake, when you forget to select algorithm Wink
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:20:42 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 11:38:11 PM by crashoveride54902

so i had to install the proxy for westhash now...since ya must have done something to the servers...cause it all was working fine then poof tons of disconnects..but with the proxy its back to working good...

so with the no rejects part...my thunder unit should get 27mh/s but only avg. 20-21mh/s on here...is that cause of the no reject being counted towards hashrate? so if i was on another pool it'll say around 27mh/s so 6-7mh/s are rejects? that seems really high...also with the proxy you can't append workers and getting 4096 diff rate...which sucks for a 1.4mh/s blizz Sad

EDIT: ok now diff 8192 SadSad crazy...so now i'm going to have wild swings on hashrate?
10min later diff rate 16384 ya not going to work Sad well off to find another pool i guess Sad

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
gysca

Activity: 392

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:30:40 PM

Hi,

thank you

You order is among scrypt orders: https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?a=0

Common mistake, when you forget to select algorithm Wink

upsss, i'm sorry, my bad,  Grin

problem solved

ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:32:30 PM

I'm using the latest dmaxl cgminer for my Zeus Blizzards and getting good hashing on westhash. you can find it here:

https://github.com/dmaxl/cgminer/releases

i set the price and diff in my batch file. seems all ok.

here's my bat file:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3333 -u 1CXXXXXXXXXXXz.5 -p p=0.55;d=1024 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333 -u 1CXXXXXXXXXXXz -p d=1024 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u 1CXXXXXXXXXXXz -p d=1024 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM29 -S //./COM30 -S //./COM31 -S //./COM32 -S //./COM33 -S //./COM34 --zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 340

Your Thunder should be able to run at clock speed of 342. A lot of guys on the Zeus forum recommend that for blizzards to9o...but i find the 340 works best for me.

Hope this is  a bit helpful.

My Antminer S1s and S3s aren't as stable as my Zeusminers on Westhash yet ...but their overall average is slightly better than Eligius and as good as BTCGuild. I think its just the way Antminers function. Will run them through the night.
jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:45:00 PM

My miner keeps zero'ing out. Does this mean it keeps disconnecting my miners?

Why?

I am using latest minera with cpuminer for my gridseeds & a second minera using cgdmaxlzeus for my fury.

And I cannot use any proxy for Minera...

Either fix it or Ima have to go back to low profit clevermining.

Not to long ago everything was working terrific.

Don't fix something that aint broke damnit. gah.

crashoveride54902

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:49:52 PM

I'm using the latest dmaxl cgminer for my Zeus Blizzards and getting good hashing on westhash. you can find it here:

here's my bat file:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.westhash.com:3333 -u 1CXXXXXXXXXXXz.5 -p p=0.55;d=1024 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://useast.wafflepool.com:3333 -u 1CXXXXXXXXXXXz -p d=1024 --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u 1CXXXXXXXXXXXz -p d=1024 -S //./COM4 -S //./COM29 -S //./COM30 -S //./COM31 -S //./COM32 -S //./COM33 -S //./COM34 --zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 340

Your Thunder should be able to run at clock speed of 342. A lot of guys on the Zeus forum recommend that for blizzards to9o...but i find the 340 works best for me.

My Antminer S1s and S3s aren't as stable as my Zeusminers on Westhash yet ...but their overall average is slightly better than Eligius and as good as BTCGuild. I think its just the way Antminers function. Will run them through the night.

thxs...yes i think i'm using that version as well...so you haven't noticed any change? it was all working fine...then poof nothing but problems...ugh why oh why did i decide to get into scrypt?

those first little dips was from me, trying to load balance a thunder between here n wemineltc...ya that didn't work at all lol

the first black line is from last night around 10pm cst...was thinking i should switch over when that started happening...my goto pool is wemineltc but they have had terrible luck so really wouldn't have mattered Sad the yellow line is all units at 16k diff rate Sad only been 92mins and now hashrate is slowly declining again...hmm i dunno Sad well that is one thing too...i've never had that time go longer then i think 15-20mins...now its at 92min which is good right? but the hashrate is awful

Why?

I am using latest minera with cpuminer for my gridseeds & a second minera using cgdmaxlzeus for my fury.

it is broken...they split the sites up and profit has gone way down Sad or at least i think it has

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
jekv2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:09:15 AM

I left. I left em all. I've gone to litecoinpool where it is stable. Multicoin mining atm is like mining litecoin anyways.
crashoveride54902

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:07:59 AM

I left. I left em all. I've gone to litecoinpool where it is stable. Multicoin mining atm is like mining litecoin anyways.

ditto...trying coinotron

ATCkit

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:15:19 AM

here's my bat file:

thxs...yes i think i'm using that version as well...so you haven't noticed any change? it was all working fine...then poof nothing but problems...ugh why oh why did i decide to get into scrypt?

those first little dips was from me, trying to load balance a thunder between here n wemineltc...ya that didn't work at all lol

the first black line is from last night around 10pm cst...was thinking i should switch over when that started happening...my goto pool is wemineltc but they have had terrible luck so really wouldn't have mattered Sad the yellow line is all units at 16k diff rate Sad only been 92mins and now hashrate is slowly declining again...hmm i dunno Sad well that is one thing too...i've never had that time go longer then i think 15-20mins...now its at 92min which is good right? but the hashrate is awful

Why?

it is broken...they split the sites up and profit has gone way down Sad or at least i think it has

My Blizzards have been hanging in all day. I had to lower the price to 0.55 tho. They would not connect at 0.60 even though there were open orders above that price with space for my 9.3 MHS. So I figure I am connected to an order that is only paying 0.56 atm. That is likely better than i will get on clevermining, wafflepool or any ltc pool atm.

I don't know why your Thunders are doing that.

For my Antminers, the same thing happened. They divorced themselves from BTCGUILD and connected to WestHash (my priority pool) when someone put in an order for .029. I had the price set at .0280 you see.

Anyway, they hummed along nicely for about 15 mins then jumped back to BTCGUILD ...eventho that order still had several hrs left to fill. Then,  before i could re connect my Ants, someone else' miners filled the gap on West Hash.

So i set my price to .0268 and am now likely connected to an order paying 0.0270. I just did some math and hat will give me less payout compared to if i had them on BTCGUILD. So i have to re-set my price higher and let my second priority pool, BTCGUILD, take over....which it will. I am setting a price that will equal their payout....and i know all the buy orders on West Hash (except for 2) are lower than the price i have to set. The 2 that are higher are being filled by other miners so i know i won't connect to them. But if new orders above my price com ein, Bob's your uncle. My Ants will grab them.

Ya, I asked myself why did i ever get into scrypt. I sold off all my batch 2 Zeus Hurricanes when diff was beginning to climb. I kept my batch 1 blizzards as i can connect them to other circuits that are not quite full with my Antminers.

Call me crazy (or a contrarian) ...but I am thinking of getting a Batch 3 Thunder x6 under Zeus' 30% discount -ie: the one you get when you show them a refund from a competitor. I think scrypt diff will continue going sideways for awhile because my gut tells me that Zeus' competitors are gonna run into similar challenges. I think that's why Alpha decided to delay fabrication after tapeout. I am willing to bet others will do the same after tapeout. That will delay their fabrication just like it did Alpha's. It seems like scrypt ASICs are not as easy to roll out as sha256 ASICs. Interesting times indeed. Just like the old gold rush-lol.
crashoveride54902

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:40:13 AM

here's my bat file:

Why?

My Blizzards have been hanging in all day. I had to lower the price to 0.55 tho. They would not connect at 0.60 even though there were open orders above that price with space for my 9.3 MHS. So I figure I am connected to an order that is only paying 0.56 atm. That is likely better than i will get on clevermining, wafflepool or any ltc pool atm.

For my Antminers, the same thing happened. They divorced themselves from BTCGUILD and connected to WestHash (my priority pool) when someone put in an order for .029. I had the price set at .0280 you see.

Anyway, they hummed along nicely for about 15 mins then jumped back to BTCGUILD ...eventho that order still had several hrs left to fill. Then,  before i could re connect my Ants, someone else' miners filled the gap on West Hash.

So i set my price to .0268 and am now likely connected to an order paying 0.0270. I just did some math and hat will give me less payout compared to if i had them on BTCGUILD. So i have to re-set my price higher and let my second priority pool, BTCGUILD, take over....which it will. I am setting a price that will equal their payout....and i know all the buy orders on West Hash (except for 2) are lower than the price i have to set. The 2 that are higher are being filled by other miners so i know i won't connect to them. But if new orders above my price com ein, Bob's your uncle. My Ants will grab them.

Ya, I asked myself why did i ever get into scrypt. I sold off all my batch 2 Zeus Hurricanes when diff was beginning to climb. I kept my batch 1 blizzards as i can connect them to other circuits that are not quite full with my Antminers.

Call me crazy (or a contrarian) ...but I am thinking of getting a Batch 3 Thunder x6 under Zeus' 30% discount -ie: the one you get when you show them a refund from a competitor. I think scrypt diff will continue going sideways for awhile because my gut tells me that Zeus' competitors are gonna run into similar challenges. I think that's why Alpha decided to delay fabrication after tapeout. I am willing to bet others will do the same after tapeout. That will delay their fabrication just like it did Alpha's. It seems like scrypt ASICs are not as easy to roll out as sha256 ASICs. Interesting times indeed. Just like the old gold rush-lol.

ya i had all my scrypt on westhash W/O any p= but yet they still would disconnect all the time? doesn't make sense Sad oh well i'll see what coinotron gives me for stable running...i think all alt coin pool will payout bout the same as ltc...i would be on here but only making .04 btc here so i think that might be less then ltc idk...crazy crazy

ATCkit

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:59:25 AM

yup it's crazy crazy alright.

My Ants connected to my secondary pool after i re-set my price for my priority pool (ie: West Hash). Then a new buy order (just above my sell price) came in on West Hash. So guess where my Ants ran to? Yup they are back on WestHash for about another 30 mins. After that they will revert to BTCGUILD I guess.

Maybe I should make NiceHash my second priority pool with the same price ( or higher) as I have for WestHash?

Do you guys get as good a hash rate on NiceHash (compared BTCGuild and Eligius) with your Antminers?
Eam0kgIO

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:09:55 AM

Is there a way to see daily payouts on the site? I know i can see all my payouts but its quite a hassle to calculate daily income of that since the payouts come at different times.

Is there like an 3rd party site that does that? I know there was alot of stats pages for middlecoin but don't know of any for nicehash.

sonubatthis101

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:12:42 AM

whats the minimum pay-out per day?

i still have some balance there and im wondering when will it be transferred to my wallet?
crashoveride54902

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:44:31 AM

i still have some balance there and im wondering when will it be transferred to my wallet?

I think .01

nicehashdev

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:00:29 PM

I think .01

https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs4

Is there a way to see daily payouts on the site? I know i can see all my payouts but its quite a hassle to calculate daily income of that since the payouts come at different times.

Is there like an 3rd party site that does that? I know there was alot of stats pages for middlecoin but don't know of any for nicehash.

You have it on our main page. According to this: http://poolpicker.eu/vs?algo=scrypt our reported stats are pretty accurate.

Anyway, they hummed along nicely for about 15 mins then jumped back to BTCGUILD ...eventho that order still had several hrs left to fill. Then,  before i could re connect my Ants, someone else' miners filled the gap on West Hash.

For miners, it does not matter what kind of orders there are, as long as there are orders. Your miner doesn't get paid for order it works on, but weighted average price - all miners are paid with same rate. And you can view that rate on main page where it says "Currently paying". When you set p=, this parameter is checked against "Currently paying" and not against orders available. There may be higher orders than what you set in p= and your miner will not work on NH/WH, because average is lower - remember, all miners are paid same rate.

Often disconnects are due to needed extranonce change (so your miner can swap to another order). We created stratum extension to get rid of this problem with no reconnects, but sadly, most of ASIC providers are not interested to implement these features. We have mailed many ASIC providers, but we are getting either no response or very poor response. Probably they are not taking us seriously. We think, it is you - customers of these devices - you should press on them and request these things to be implemented, because without them, your profit is lower.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: