Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:59:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [POLL] What altcoins will triumph at the end of the coin wars?
Litecoin - 60 (7.4%)
Dogecoin - 38 (4.7%)
Darkcoin - 30 (3.7%)
NXT - 98 (12.1%)
Worldcoin - 8 (1%)
Megacoin - 56 (6.9%)
Hirocoin - 4 (0.5%)
Fedoracoin / TIPS - 4 (0.5%)
Vertcoin - 16 (2%)
Feathercoin - 2 (0.2%)
Quarkcoin - 13 (1.6%)
Peercoin - 15 (1.9%)
Mintcoin - 75 (9.3%)
Zeitcoin - 14 (1.7%)
Digibyte - 4 (0.5%)
Anoncoin - 14 (1.7%)
Digitalcoin - 8 (1%)
Cryptogenic Bullion - 3 (0.4%)
BitLeu - 0 (0%)
CoinO - 1 (0.1%)
Coin2 - 41 (5.1%)
Gridcoin - 9 (1.1%)
Pesetacoin - 31 (3.8%)
Unobtanium - 1 (0.1%)
TAG coin - 0 (0%)
Blackcoin - 198 (24.4%)
Community coin - 66 (8.1%)
Fluttercoin - 1 (0.1%)
Stabilityshares - 0 (0%)
Silkcoin - 0 (0%)
Namecoin - 0 (0%)
Goldcoin - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 810

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] What altcoins will survive the next 12 months?  (Read 9512 times)
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:27:58 AM

How can I select more than one coins in the poll? I believe many coins on the list will survive, but I can vote for only one?
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:28:35 AM

You may want to add einsteinium to that poll!
Wilburbone

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:39:42 AM

BlackCoin, because NXT was a good idea ruined by the worst distribution in the history of crypto.

It's current distribution is better than Bitcoin's, and it gets better every day.  It has an indirect mining pool as well at hashrate.org

I wonder where indirect mining came from. Surely not the useless BlackCoin? Tongue

I don't know who came up with the idea of indirect mining first.  I know the nxt community had the idea like a month or so ago.  But maybe blackcoin did orginate it.... but so what?  Any of these PoS coins could start an indirect mining pool.  Tell me about the REAL innovations blackcoin will feature... Will it have a decentralized asset exchange?  Automated Transtactions?  Multigateways?  Games being built using the blockchain?.... Or is Blackcoin just another pumped up hype like all these others?  I suspect the latter.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:43:11 AM

BlackCoin, because NXT was a good idea ruined by the worst distribution in the history of crypto.
Blackcoin's distribution was terrible...it was instamined. BC had a 1-week distribution period where 99% of the money supply was instamined by the creators who paid to rent out all of the hashpower and mine all of the coins, then since they controlled almost the entire money supply they traded back and forth with themselves pumping the price and trading volume.

Mintcoin actually has the best distribution of these style coins as it was released first, and was the most profitable coin to mine while it was still mineable, has already great merchant adoption. Don't be fooled by the pump and dumps.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:27:27 AM

Blackcoin's distribution was terrible...it was instamined. BC had a 1-week distribution period where 99% of the money supply was instamined by the creators who paid to rent out all of the hashpower and mine all of the coins, then since they controlled almost the entire money supply they traded back and forth with themselves pumping the price and trading volume.

Mintcoin actually has the best distribution of these style coins as it was released first, and was the most profitable coin to mine while it was still mineable, has already great merchant adoption. Don't be fooled by the pump and dumps.

Mint has 700M coin premine, and you accuse BC of being instamined?!

BC = No premine

I mined BC at day one, I've never seen a better launch in crypto.  Everyone had a chance to mine,  And also buy with prices as low as 500 sats, for DAYS on end. 

Ximp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:40:08 AM

I heard the devs of blackcoin actually rented a 1TH farm to instamine over 81 million coins. That's not to mention the premine they got and never did any community projects with. I'm definitely backing Mint as its economics are superior in every way. I mean, what would you want: 20% more coins in interest per year or 1% more coins per year? Mintcoin is the future. Just look at those charts, investors love the Mint!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:00:49 AM

Your transaction fee is also 1 NXT which is changing to 0.1 NXT soon. That's great, but I'm never going to use NXT to trade because of that. So NXT can be the next PoS Peercoin, Blackcoin will be the next PoS BTC or PoS LTC.

Your never going to use NXT to trade because of what now?

NXT the next Peercoin and BC the next BTC??? LOL.  No, you got that completely backwards.  Blackcoin is the clone of Peercoin (actually, it's a clone of Novacoin I believe, which is a fork of Peercoin).  NXT is the one written from scratch in Java.  You noobs seriously need to start researching a little better before investing in these shitcoins, instead of just following the hype.

I'm not going to trade a currency that has ridiculous transaction fees like NXT. Look at NXT transaction volume on exchanges, it's terrible for having such a high market cap. So will all those things you describe require me to send NXT? Because eventually I'll lose my entire stash sending NXT back and forth.

I'm saying I see NXT as the PoS Peercoin. The PoS altcoin that tries to be a niche and does well. But I see everyone using BC for general transaction. Can an altcoin be great because of it's simplicity? We're about to find out.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:50:52 AM

Your transaction fee is also 1 NXT which is changing to 0.1 NXT soon. That's great, but I'm never going to use NXT to trade because of that. So NXT can be the next PoS Peercoin, Blackcoin will be the next PoS BTC or PoS LTC.

Your never going to use NXT to trade because of what now?

NXT the next Peercoin and BC the next BTC??? LOL.  No, you got that completely backwards.  Blackcoin is the clone of Peercoin (actually, it's a clone of Novacoin I believe, which is a fork of Peercoin).  NXT is the one written from scratch in Java.  You noobs seriously need to start researching a little better before investing in these shitcoins, instead of just following the hype.

I'm not going to trade a currency that has ridiculous transaction fees like NXT. Look at NXT transaction volume on exchanges, it's terrible for having such a high market cap. So will all those things you describe require me to send NXT? Because eventually I'll lose my entire stash sending NXT back and forth.

I'm saying I see NXT as the PoS Peercoin. The PoS altcoin that tries to be a niche and does well. But I see everyone using BC for general transaction. Can an altcoin be great because of it's simplicity? We're about to find out.

I've got some NXT because I was curious, not enough for it to be considered an investment. Now I've got some I can only really see one use for it, and it may be important. The problem with all other cryptos is that you are NEVER going to read out your address, or transcribe an address, over the phone, with NXT though you can. But the client would have to become much better packaged to reach this niche.  Also I don't see 'everyone' using BC for general transactions just because it is the 'hot' coin for quick trades now.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
Wilburbone

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:51:14 AM

So will all those things you describe require me to send NXT? Because eventually I'll lose my entire stash sending NXT back and forth.

Dude, really?  Yeah, you might lose your entire stash if all you bothered to get was 50 nxt.  Are you a teenager?  Nxt is currently under 3 cents, and like you mentioned earlier, the fee is being lowered soon.  The only reason it wasn't done sooner is because it's been a technical challenge adding decimal places because, like I said, it was written from scratch, unlike Blackcoin.
BirdCoinV2

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:57:13 AM

So far the voting community seems to choose: blackcoin, mintcoin and next as coins that will be around in 2015.

sniveling

Activity: 719

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:00:38 AM

Community coin will win because of it's great community
Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:01:06 AM

Communitycoin and Bitcoin Smiley
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:07:12 AM

CommunityCoin, Vertcoin, Mintcoin and Blackcoin will survive!!
indijim

Activity: 471

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:12:25 AM

No Nemcoin on the list. That's like the most popular coin at the moment. Unless the poll is strictly coins that haven't come out yet.
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:21:06 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 11:40:47 AM by IconicExpert

LOL...I think you have your facts mixed up. MintCoin was pre-mined and the dev dumped many of his coins long time ago. Please tell me how could the BlackCoin devs trade back and forth between themselves to fabricate $1,839,352 in trade volume? You and other conspiracists have to wake up and face reality....MintCoin is dead. Your trade volume on Mintpal is 13 BTC a day, the value of the coin keeps deflating, and there is nothing new or exciting on the horizon for MintCoin. MintCoin will never be widely adopted and because of that the price will eventually deflate to single digit sat. That is why MintCoin is in 27th place and BlackCoin is in 9th place.
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:41:23 AM

LOL...I think you have your facts mixed up. MintCoin was pre-mined and the dev dumped many of his coins long time ago. Please tell me how could the BlackCoin devs trade back and forth between themselves to fabricate $18,249,407 in trade volume? You and other conspiracists have to wake up and face reality....MintCoin is dead. Your trade volume on Mintpal is 13 BTC a day, the value of the coin keeps deflating, and there is nothing new or exciting on the horizon for MintCoin. MintCoin will never be widely adopted and because of that the price will eventually deflate to single digit sat. That is why MintCoin is in 27th place and BlackCoin is in 9th place.

Blackcoin has been doing well as of right now, no-one is arguing about that. It's doing well at a time when many coins with real innovative features, or positive social ambitions, are not performing very well at market. It's gotten far with multipools, price pumps, and shills that hate on other coins and post lots of funny gifs and memes. But when the honeymoon is over no-one is going to remain loyal to Blackcoin. And it isn't going to go on to attract investors from outside of this sandbox either, the community just looks like a cesspool from the outside.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

LOL...I think you have your facts mixed up. MintCoin was pre-mined and the dev dumped many of his coins long time ago. Please tell me how could the BlackCoin devs trade back and forth between themselves to fabricate $1,839,352 in trade volume? You and other conspiracists have to wake up and face reality....MintCoin is dead. Your trade volume on Mintpal is 13 BTC a day, the value of the coin keeps deflating, and there is nothing new or exciting on the horizon for MintCoin. MintCoin will never be widely adopted and because of that the price will eventually deflate to single digit sat. That is why MintCoin is in 27th place and BlackCoin is in 9th place.

The premine has not been dumped, a portion of it is finally getting touched for the first time to work on a few projects. There are a lot of exciting things on the horizon for Mint and I am sure for BC too. Good luck to you just stop with the bashing and FUDing.
Oh and theoretically it could be possible to manipulate the market by trading back and forth, not saying that BC has done that though.
Mesutalkali

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:04:57 PM

LTC
PPC
NXT
NEM
EXO

the last two are still under development. But in my eyes each of them have a tremendous chance to become a powerful and longterm coin in top 10.
hala

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:08:41 PM

Voted on MintPal.

Hope our community will have a high price .  Smiley
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 12:10:16 PM

I heard the devs of blackcoin actually rented a 1TH farm to instamine over 81 million coins. That's not to mention the premine they got and never did any community projects with. I'm definitely backing Mint as its economics are superior in every way. I mean, what would you want: 20% more coins in interest per year or 1% more coins per year? Mintcoin is the future. Just look at those charts, investors love the Mint!
LOL at all those rumors and btw it's only ~74.5 mil coins right now  Grin

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: