Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014  (Read 1210689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:51:11 AM

Zoidberg, could you provide the boolbd and simplewallet in a zip file next time for windows x64 as well? much appreciated Smiley

No problem, but can you give a little hint why you want to use it in that way on windows ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carloss

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:54:55 AM

Boolberry is a cool name and a refreshing change from the usual *coin convention.  There is no reason to change the quirky yet memorable name; the project will succeed or fail based on (market reaction to) its utility.  Plus we already have a sweet logo!

The Benevolent Dictator For Life schema works for Linux, so BBR's pristine cathedral may turn out better than Monero's chaotic baazar.

It's far too early in the life of CryptoNote to declare winners and losers.  Give it at least 6 months to a year before playing CZ's armchair psychologist.

Block rewards are decreasing every hour.  These are the days of cheap and easy Boolberries we will look back on, and wish we'd bought more.

Well, I also voted for Rings, but I must admit that I like Boolberry too. There's nothing wrong with this name, the logo is nice as well.
carloss

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:56:51 AM

coin wil lget kicked of bittrex soon

We need some simple bot which will simulate some trading volume Smiley
ripplebtc

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:38:19 AM

coin wil lget kicked of bittrex soon

Trade volume for the last 7 days has exceeded 0.1 BTC.  Wink
cbuchner1

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:30:04 AM

I am actually surprised at the current network hash rate. Why is anyone still mining this at the low price?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:36:09 AM

I am actually surprised at the current network hash rate. Why is anyone still mining this at the low price?

Botnet
teknohog

Activity: 519
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 11:42:07 AM

For me, GPU mining is somewhat profitable. Not much for making a living, but it means I should rather mine than buy in preparation for world domination.

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
carloss

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:08:47 PM

For me, GPU mining is somewhat profitable. Not much for making a living, but it means I should rather mine than buy in preparation for world domination.

+1

I still get slightly more BBR for electricity burned than if I bought it for the electricity cost at the current price. But it is so-so.
Solo mining with 8 GPUs in total.
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 05:31:53 PM

+1

I still get slightly more BBR for electricity burned than if I bought it for the electricity cost at the current price. But it is so-so.
Solo mining with 8 GPUs in total.

Same.  I'm earning about $2/day/rig on $1.10 of electricity.  There might be more profitable coins out there to mine right now, but it's not worth spending time to find them and I'd rather contribute nodes and hash rate to BBR.

(well - ok;  I *would* be earning that, but I'm only selling $1/day of BBR and hanging on to the rest, so maybe I'm earning $1k/day or $0/day... hard to say. ;-)

maxcan

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:01:55 PM

I see aliased mostly as an option for business in future(like a visit card or for colored coins) and a personal aliases for early adepts or persons who able just to buy it.
doesn't this run into the problem of anyone being able to take any alias they want?

suppose, for example, newegg wants to have @newegg for their alias but someone else has taken it already. they can take another alias that works but there's still someone out their with the company name as their alias.

So i've decided to have only one alias per block, we have 720 blocks per day - it's 263 520 aliases per year, seems to be a enough and reasonable.
fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:45:56 AM

I see aliased mostly as an option for business in future(like a visit card or for colored coins) and a personal aliases for early adepts or persons who able just to buy it.
doesn't this run into the problem of anyone being able to take any alias they want?

suppose, for example, newegg wants to have @newegg for their alias but someone else has taken it already. they can take another alias that works but there's still someone out their with the company name as their alias.

So i've decided to have only one alias per block, we have 720 blocks per day - it's 263 520 aliases per year, seems to be a enough and reasonable.
fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley

It runs into the same problem that domain names do - someone already registered a bunch of obvious ones very early in the game, for example.

They're transferrable, if you can get in touch with the owner, though that part of the code isn't entirely ready.  An alias can be re-bound to a different public key, so the person who registers 'newegg' could sell it to them.  Or, one could imagine, could be forced to transfer it via WIPO or some other organization, should BBR succeed to that degree.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:24:54 AM

fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley

It runs into the same problem that domain names do - someone already registered a bunch of obvious ones very early in the game, for example.

They're transferrable, if you can get in touch with the owner, though that part of the code isn't entirely ready.  An alias can be re-bound to a different public key, so the person who registers 'newegg' could sell it to them.  Or, one could imagine, could be forced to transfer it via WIPO or some other organization, should BBR succeed to that degree.

If alias's are a good idea, then people should be able to register enough for everyone, like a domain name or an email address. In addition, like a domain name, an alias should perhaps cost a certain amount per year otherwise they get released and it would cost a lot to just sit on them.

Thing is, at the moment people might get into boolberries in five years as CryptoCoins are in their height, and someone is attracted to boolberry because of alias only to find out that less than 2 million alias exist and there are not enough for everyone, now alias is useless to the little guy, only the early adopter or rich gets an alias.

It's a poorly thought out idea and its shortcomings are "vision".

Zoidberg is a smart guy, even though I am anti-boolberries, I think that if he stopped being stubborn about this he could figure out a way to make it fair and useful making boolberries an even more attractive investment. I actually think Zoidberg could solve this and actually make it useful, perhaps even go a step further and compete with Namecoin?

For example, Nxt alias can be registered by anyone and is decentralized, perhaps use that as a starting point. The downside to the Nxt system is that there is no recurring fee, which I believe should be a thing.
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:54:27 AM

IPv4 addresses ran out too. It doesn't mean it had no purpose. In due time, more than 2 million addresses can be accommodated, if there is demand for it down the road. Chains can evolve. For now this is a great feature that no other CN coin has and can serve well within its limitations. It should be appreciated, not dung-coated as something bad. I doubt bagholders who are dedicated to one coin world domination have any desire to see any success from any other coin.

The concern trolling from certain individuals brings out the stubbornness, if there is something like that, in Zoidberg. He knows the folks who have no interest in this project, but keep bringing up concocted problems and concerns about it, while silently hoping it all just goes away.

Am I spamming? Report me!
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:03:16 AM

IPv4 addresses ran out too. It doesn't mean it had no purpose. In due time, more than 2 million addresses can be accommodated, if there is demand for it down the road. Chains can evolve. For now this is a great feature that no other CN coin has and can serve well within its limitations. It should be appreciated, not dung-coated as something bad. I doubt bagholders who are dedicated to one coin world domination have any desire to see any success from any other coin.

The concern trolling from certain individuals brings out the stubbornness, if there is something like that, in Zoidberg. He knows the folks who have no interest in this project, but keep bringing up concocted problems and concerns about it, while silently hoping it all just goes away.

You're like the most defensive person ever.

I didn't say it was bad, I effectively said:

The alias system needs work, and instead of saying it is this way because of "vision" Zoidberg should instead work on making it better right now, especially because Zoidberg was earlier saying he wants all the tech in place asap because he is against hardforks.

So waiting for a while to fix the alias system is actually counter to Zoidberg's philosophy.

This is my first post that I actually tried to give some useful advice to Zoidberg, it's actually in my interest for Zoidberg to leave the alias system in the current state it is in.
samsara

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:11:48 AM

Daemon can't connect to 54.*.*.* today, please help me some peer ip.
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:17:12 AM

The alias system needs work, and instead of saying it is this way because of "vision" Zoidberg should instead work on making it better right now, especially because Zoidberg was earlier saying he wants all the tech in place asap because he is against hardforks.

So waiting for a while to fix the alias system is actually counter to Zoidberg's philosophy.

This is my first post that I actually tried to give some useful advice to Zoidberg, it's actually in my interest for Zoidberg to leave the alias system in the current state it is in.

It is ok to throw ideas out. Don't waste time in dissecting people and don't attack zoidberg as being stubborn or lacking vision. You have malicious intent trying to vilify the core developer and I don't want to defend a person either but I don't want this type of passive vilification slide. Last time I checked he has developed great features and launched a crypto.

Bitcoin doesn't even have that many public keys to date. There is little reason to worry about aliases running out. The current system makes sure it isn't abused as it has to be done via solving blocks.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:18:24 AM

You are just nitpicking for the sake of it, Bitcoin is not at the level where 2 million unique addresses have balance in. Absolutely no reason why cryptonote based coin would get to that level anytime soon. And you know it well, otherwise you would be investing here for phenomenal returns. No sense at all to be wasting time in this now when the alias system is perfectly functional for today, and medium to long term future. CZ never was so naive to insinuate there would never be hardforks.

As stupid as it sounds, try simply stopping daemon and restart of your computer first.

samsara

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:50:47 AM

As stupid as it sounds, try simply stopping daemon and restart of your computer first.

sure I had restarted computer and router.
kishan889

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:35:53 AM

It is ok to throw ideas out. Don't waste time in dissecting people and don't attack zoidberg as being stubborn or lacking vision. You have malicious intent trying to vilify the core developer and I don't want to defend a person either but I don't want this type of passive vilification slide. Last time I checked he has developed great features and launched a crypto.

Bitcoin doesn't even have that many public keys to date. There is little reason to worry about aliases running out. The current system makes sure it isn't abused as it has to be done via solving blocks.

Happenning really great profit at bittrex

thank devs
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:01:48 PM

fair enough; i guess most people won't be needing to share their alias with someone since we have addresses that we can just copy and paste  Smiley

They're transferrable, if you can get in touch with the owner, though that part of the code isn't entirely ready.  An alias can be re-bound to a different public key, so the person who registers 'newegg' could sell it to them.  Or, one could imagine, could be forced to transfer it via WIPO or some other organization, should BBR succeed to that degree.

If alias's are a good idea, then people should be able to register enough for everyone, like a domain name or an email address. In addition, like a domain name, an alias should perhaps cost a certain amount per year otherwise they get released and it would cost a lot to just sit on them.

Thing is, at the moment people might get into boolberries in five years as CryptoCoins are in their height, and someone is attracted to boolberry because of alias only to find out that less than 2 million alias exist and there are not enough for everyone, now alias is useless to the little guy, only the early adopter or rich gets an alias.

It's a poorly thought out idea and its shortcomings are "vision".

Zoidberg is a smart guy, even though I am anti-boolberries, I think that if he stopped being stubborn about this he could figure out a way to make it fair and useful making boolberries an even more attractive investment. I actually think Zoidberg could solve this and actually make it useful, perhaps even go a step further and compete with Namecoin?

For example, Nxt alias can be registered by anyone and is decentralized, perhaps use that as a starting point. The downside to the Nxt system is that there is no recurring fee, which I believe should be a thing.

Now I've heard everything! DTS is giving constructive criticism! Smiley

As currently presented, the alias system needs improvement. The system not fully documented. It is not usable on pools yet. No one really seemed interested in the alias system until recently, so I never thought about much.
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 486 »
  Print  

Jump to: