Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:22:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 05:37:16 PM

A basic version would be brilliant!  The way it works now would be perfect for the "Basic" version.
Yes, if there are not appearing any new errors, or any suggestions for this level, I´ll let it like it is. ;-)

We are already talking about your alarm tool in the other threads, like the "Rally" thread.  
Oh yes? Smiley I am going to have a look at it. Smiley

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:57:41 PM

while afk a few hours ago I was alerted by the joyous sound of bulls roaring at a price over $7, have just sent a 1 BTC donation in celebration, many thanks Jessi!  Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 06:01:47 PM

while afk a few hours ago I was alerted by the joyous sound of bulls roaring at a price over $7, have just sent a 1 BTC donation in celebration, many thanks Jessi!  Smiley

The joyous sound of bulls... or milked dairy cows...
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 06:10:26 PM

Thank you very much! Nice to hear. Smiley

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 11:51:33 PM

Made a very little update:
- changed the default back to more useful 10 Seconds
- changed the Bear-Sound to a newer one
- a little bug fix inside the code

StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:01:30 AM

Yeah, that new Bear sound is intense, nice. If the Man-Eating Grizzly alarm doesn't get you out of your BTC position, I don't know what will.

So far, Jessi, it is running smoothly on my Firefox, no hangups, pauses today. Has consistently price changed with other MT Gox related charts/tickers, even faster than some. Good job.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 12:20:27 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2012, 01:36:10 PM by Otoh

cool, my preference would be to have the sounds on by default & for peeps to silence them with a click X if they wanted silent/just visual mode otherwise one may think one has set up an audio alert when one didn't, but I'm used to checking that now so whatever works for the majority is fine by me

& later on options to choose an alarm type sound like the NE NE NE NE kinda sound of a intruder security zone breach, maybe there's something here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarms_on_submarines

edit: the klaxon for Dive Dive would be cool to have to set for big price plunges
edit: Star Trek Red Alert
edit: Industrial Alarm

this to be available for high or low as a red danger warning on your long or short positions say, for margin calls, incoming zhoutongs etc

& some particularly ebil sound for when the BTC price has given you a thorough zhoutonging - perhaps an ironic evil laugh or mocking

then for a 'money rung up on the cash till (registrar)' bling type sound for when you wish to just know that your position has made a nice few pips up or perhaps a bundle, also maybe a phew! sound to set for when your position on Bitcoinica has finally eaten the spread & gone in to the green at last

anyway - fab app!

erci villmahl

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 12:51:45 AM

Yeah, that new Bear sound is intense, nice. If the Man-Eating Grizzly alarm doesn't get you out of your BTC position, I don't know what will.

So far, Jessi, it is running smoothly on my Firefox, no hangups, pauses today. Has consistently price changed with other MT Gox related charts/tickers, even faster than some. Good job.
Thank you. Same on my side. I watched and compared it the whole day, and yes, sometimes it was faster than other services and I did not have any hangups, too.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 12:53:15 AM

cool, my preference would be to have the sounds on by default & peeps to silence them with a click if they wanted silent/just visual mode otherwise one may think one has set up an audio alert when one didn't, but I'm used to checking that now so whatever works for the majority is fine by me

& later on options to choose an alarm type sound like the NE NE NE NE kinda sound of a intruder security zone breach, maybe something here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarms_on_submarines
this to be available for high or low as a red danger warning on your long or shorts say, for margin call, incoming zhoutong etc

then for a 'money rung up on the cash till' bling type sound for when you wish to just know that your position has made a nice bundle, or maybe a phew! sound to set for when your position on Bitcoinica goes in to the green

anyway - fab app!

erci villmahl
Ok. I´ll see what I can do in next versions. Sound choosing could be next feature. Anyway I guess I need some days to release, because I have to care a bit about my time (and my clients!). Smiley

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:01:57 AM

cool as & no rush for any tweaks as it's fab as it is

Danke
     Danke schön
            Vielen Dank
         Dank dir
   Dankschen
      Danksche
   Dank schön
       Dankë
          Dank schön
              Merci
   Merci villmahl

thanks  Tongue

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 01:10:17 AM

Grin
I have to say thank you, for all those good Ideas, the wishes and also for the donations!

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 01:34:35 AM

you might like to take a look at kitco's app, it would be fab to have something similar for bitcoins (I requested it a while back) & if combined with your alarm function would be a big winner, also this alarm function ability if added to kitco's app would be very, very popular with their clients I'd imagine & perhaps they'd buy/lease the coding from you?

http://applications.kitco.com/supportcenter/taskbar/index.html

taskbar Bcast ftw

legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 02:23:10 AM

I slept through the alarm.  Cry

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 02:25:50 AM

lmao... bug!

StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:28:38 AM

Just plug in a 500 Watt Pioneer stereo system to your PC speaker out...that should do the trick.

I have a Logitech Z305 plug-in laptop speaker which cranks the sound.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:13:18 AM

Just plug in a 500 Watt Pioneer stereo system to your PC speaker out...that should do the trick.

I have a Logitech Z305 plug-in laptop speaker which cranks the sound.

gotcha, i have the Bluetooth version Wink
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 06:14:25 AM

you might like to take a look at kitco's app, it would be fab to have something similar for bitcoins (I requested it a while back) & if combined with your alarm function would be a big winner, also this alarm function ability if added to kitco's app would be very, very popular with their clients I'd imagine & perhaps they'd buy/lease the coding from you?

taskbar Bcast ftw

thx for the tip.  just downloaded the Android version.

Jessi, you should make an Android version too!
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 04:20:52 PM

I write it down into the bug list.
Or is it a feature?
Cheesy

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 04:23:21 PM

taskbar Bcast ftw

Hmm, ok. good Idea... Maybe a case for Adobe AIR? I have to do a closer look next days when I have a bit more time, at this app...
Thanks for the tip!

StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2012, 05:33:24 PM by StewartJ

Jessi, more feedback on your tool.

So far so good, not a single pause or delay. Alarm's worked splendidly for me last night and today.

A suggestion for a minor improvement:
The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary or could cause issues. Let me explain.

The 10 setting for refresh rate appears to be working very well, as per my testing and with other feedback., Also you had mentioned this refresh setting is based on Mt Gox's optimal API refresh requirements.

Because this tool is an alarm for BTC price change, and since the very most current price is needed at all times for this alarm to be worthwhile, having a user set refresh rate run longer than the optimal setting seems self-defeating. Someone could lose their shirt, or miss a buying opportunity if they can't react quickly enough to the most current price.

Since it is running so well at the default setting, if not faster than other Mt Gox Price charts/feeds, I would recommend that you simply remove this option altogether. I could see someone going and accidentally adding a zero for 100 seconds, or going below the optimal refresh rate which probably would not help anyway (as per Mt Gox API recommendations?).

I would simply leave a line that states "Set to optimal refresh rate of 10 seconds". Or perhaps, remove the refresh rate option for just the Mini-Window version?

Let me know your thoughts.

Glad to see your donations for the Alert Tool are growing; certainly well deserved.

SJ
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: