Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:07:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:33:21 PM

Jessi, more feedback on your tool.

So far so good, not a single pause or delay. Alarm's worked splendidly for me last night and today.

A suggestion for a minor improvement:
The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary. Let me explain.

The 10 setting for refresh rate appears to be working very well, as per my testing and with other feedback., Also you had mentioned this refresh setting is based on Mt Gox's optimal API refresh requirements.

Because this tool is an alarm for BTC price change, and since the very most current price is needed at all times for this alarm to be worthwhile, having a user set refresh rate run longer than the optimal setting seems self-defeating. Someone could lose their shirt, or miss a buying opportunity if they can't react quickly enough to the most current price.

Since it is running so well at the default setting, if not faster than other Mt Gox Price charts/feeds, I would recommend that you simply remove this option altogether. I could see someone going and accidentally adding a zero for 100 seconds, or going below the optimal refresh rate which probably would not help anyway (as per Mt Gox API recommendations?).

I would simply leave a line that states "Set to optimal refresh rate of 10 seconds". Or perhaps, remove the refresh rate option for just the Mini-Window version?

Let me know your thoughts.

Glad to see your donations for the Alert Tool are growing; certainly well deserved.

SJ

Stews right on this one.  i would never set it for longer than 10 and it doesn't help to set it lower than 10, so why have it?

you could stick some other control feature in that space like a turn off flash button.  it would be nice to turn off flash and sound while retaining the input alert price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 05:42:40 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2012, 06:04:09 PM by StewartJ

Jessi, more feedback on your tool.

So far so good, not a single pause or delay. Alarm's worked splendidly for me last night and today.

The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary. Let me explain.

The 10 setting for refresh rate appears to be working very well, as per my testing and with other feedback., Also you had mentioned this refresh setting is based on Mt Gox's optimal API refresh requirements.

Because this tool is an alarm for BTC price change, and since the very most current price is needed at all times for this alarm to be worthwhile, having a user set refresh rate run longer than the optimal setting seems self-defeating. Someone could lose their shirt, or miss a buying opportunity if they can't react quickly enough to the most current price.

Since it is running so well at the default setting, if not faster than other Mt Gox Price charts/feeds, I would recommend that you simply remove this option altogether. I could see someone going and accidentally adding a zero for 100 seconds, or going below the optimal refresh rate which probably would not help anyway (as per Mt Gox API recommendations?).

I would simply leave a line that states "Set to optimal refresh rate of 10 seconds". Or perhaps, remove the refresh rate option for just the Mini-Window version?

Let me know your thoughts.

Glad to see your donations for the Alert Tool are growing; certainly well deserved.

SJ

Stews right on this one.  i would never set it for longer than 10 and it doesn't help to set it lower than 10, so why have it?

you could stick some other control feature in that space like a turn off flash button.  it would be nice to turn off flash and sound while retaining the input alert price.

I agree.  The alert runs foolproof at default setting, why let someone mess with that?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 08:07:26 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2012, 01:53:20 AM by Otoh

I like the flashing green & red columns but would prefer just the relevant high or low price being made to flash rather than everything on each side top to bottom

to something like this instead:

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 08:49:50 PM

Otoh, I kinda like the columns because sometimes I am further away from the laptop and it's easier for me to see.

Jut my 2 btcs.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 09:04:13 PM

the whole rest of the screen could flash another colour at the same time for this - it's because what confuses me is that it flashes both one's high & low prices when only one of these has been met & whilst the colour shows wether it's the high or low I'm not used to just getting that yet

thanks for ur 2 btcs, thank goodness that there're not flashing  Tongue

StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 09:20:00 PM

the whole rest of the screen could flash another colour at the same time for this - it's because what confuses me is that it flashes both one's high & low prices when only one of these has been met & whilst the colour shows wether it's the high or low I'm not used to just getting that yet

thanks for ur 2 btcs, thank goodness that there're not flashing  Tongue

High is Green, Low is Red... I know there's a joke in there somewhere.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:04:19 PM

my pop up won't populate the price. Angry
StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:30:15 PM

my pop up won't populate the price. Angry

The Alert Tool site is not coming up for me and prices seemed to be frozen in my mini-window.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 10:34:26 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2012, 12:10:09 AM by StewartJ

Maybe Jessi is working on the Alert Tool, guessing that's why were probably getting the hiccup.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 12:12:04 AM

Seems to be back up now on my end.
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 12:57:23 AM

The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary or could cause issues. Let me explain.

Hmm, yes, that´s a good Idea. You are right, as most people would like to catch that from stream what they are able to catch, I am sure, that no one would place in there a higher level than 10. A lower does only Spam the Servers... ok. I will drop this field in next Version. ;-)

Yes, I am happy, too. As I lost some weeks ago about 50% of my Bitcoins in making first speculating steps, every Bitcoin is welcome to fill the whole (even if it is a long way to go) Smiley

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 12:58:50 AM

Stews right on this one.  i would never set it for longer than 10 and it doesn't help to set it lower than 10, so why have it?

you could stick some other control feature in that space like a turn off flash button.  it would be nice to turn off flash and sound while retaining the input alert price.
Ok, you mean a on/off-Button for the Flash-Aler, too? Sounds like someone is going to be blinded. Cheesy
Ok, I´ll place it in next Version...

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 01:02:16 AM

the tool was working fine last night

its won't fill the current price fields now, my other data displays are working fine

Huh
Yes, I did see it some hours ago, but I did not had the time to reply here or even to check what was going on.
Has anyone tested my URL www.bitcoin-tools.de/ticker.php or maybe the original ticker URL from Mt.Gox https://mtgox.com/api/0/data/ticker.php ?
When I saw that there where no new data appearing I saw the same on Mt.Gox Live, too. Maybe Mt.Gox did not deliver as fast as almost?

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 01:04:32 AM

I like the flashing green & red columns but would prefer just the relevant high or low price being met to flash rather than everything on each side top to bottom

to something like this instead:

Hmm, ok... I would like to let decide the people here, because we have two or three different suggestions for this:
1. Flashing like it is
2. Flashing only the field which triggers the alarm
3. Flashing only the field which triggers the alarm and also the whole background

(4. chooseable?)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 01:08:03 AM

Maybe Jessi is working on the Alert Tool, guessing that's why were probably getting the hiccup.
No, did work on other projects of my clients, but I recognized that someone did not work well...
Anyone tryed my urls?

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 01:09:40 AM

Seems to be back up now on my end.
On my side, too... Do not know, yet, why this has happend...  Huh

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 02:16:23 AM

option 2. would be my preference

& maybe flash the relevant buy or sell price that just triggered the alert too

many thanks for having taken the time for making/sharing this

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 02:36:14 AM

please understand Jessi, I was NOT complaining!!

your free tool is awesome awesome awesome

I have not donated yet, laziness more than greed, keep up the good work!
I did not think, you was complaining! But I am happy if there are still some errors inside, if anybody is telling me. ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 02:38:25 AM

option 2. would be my preference

& maybe flash the relevant buy or sell price that just triggered the alert too
Ok. Then we have one for 2. ;-)

many thanks for having taken the time for making/sharing this
You´re welcome! ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 03:01:48 AM

Little Update:
- the field where you can enter the value for the request has gone
- instead there is a little countdown to have an indicator that the tool still is active
- also there is shown a green square shown during the loading progress which normally fast disappering
  if it is not appearing, there should be a problem with your internet-connection (maybe slow, or routing problem)
  This is maybe helpful to see if there are loading problems.
  You can test it, by loading the tool and turning off the internet after loading it:
  The green Button should disappear after turning the internet on again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: