Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:55:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583017 times)
luckyguy2807

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

I've been watching this thread for 2 weeks now and it's very hilarious. Crypto is an open community, anybody could do a coin, wallet, blockchain, or even to revive a community. Nobody showed up for months or even years and when someone is trying to do something everybody is complaining. You had time until now to revive this coin or at least to stand out. Now that kosmost appeared nobody is satisfied, everybody wants to trade they're karma. Go find an exchange, paired it with ltc or doge at start growing from there.

If kosmost wants to make a new coin, without having the risks of the Cryptsy wallet why not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:09:29 PM

I think the opinion of Kosmost is correct.
However, those investing in karma coin will explode complaints of losing value.
So how about adding a bonus to the new karma coin ICO as many as you have the current karma coin? Even those who stole the biggest wallet would have to invest money in a new karmic coin. For example, 5% for 1 million kalma coins, 10% for 10 million karma coins, 15% for 100 million karma coins

Not sure if the Karma classic team would want to do an ICO but it sounds interesting.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:10:07 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 01:02:55 PM by kosmost

I've been watching this thread for 2 weeks now and it's very hilarious. Crypto is an open community, anybody could do a coin, wallet, blockchain, or even to revive a community. Nobody showed up for months or even years and when someone is trying to do something everybody is complaining. You had time until now to revive this coin or at least to stand out. Now that kosmost appeared nobody is satisfied, everybody wants to trade they're karma. Go find an exchange, paired it with ltc or doge at start growing from there.

If kosmost wants to make a new coin, without having the risks of the Cryptsy wallet why not?

There are multiple billion-dollar wallets with stolen coins, not just Cryptsy's. Karma Classic could be looking at about 30-50% stolen coins being swapped.

Still, no one has answered the question of how they can be prevented from being swapped.

I would love to swap my coins, as I've stated. I'm one of the biggest Karma holders on here. However, for the bigger picture it doesn't make sense.

tinaken_v

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:31:11 PM

There are multiple billion-dollar wallets with stolen coins, not just Cryptsy's. Karma Classic could be looking at about 30-50% stolen coins being swapped.

Still, no one has answered the question of how they can be prevented from being swapped.

I would love to swap my coins, as I've stated. However, for the bigger picture it doesn't make sense.

Those it matter.... ETC is based on a blockchain with someone that stole for $50M of ETH coins.... and look how it has been moving up... with those $50M stolen ETC coins.... The amount that was stolen is ridicules low when you compare it with the total amount. and another point is that those so called stolen coins didn't move for ages... maybe they even don't have those coins at all....

tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:35:57 PM

In fact i don't understand why we suddenly not to start thinking of a swap... Last month there was a huge amount of buying in KARMA. Lets try to get KARMA on Bittrex. Get on a marketplace with trading volumes of 60000 BTC per day and not just 3000 BTC. The current KARMA coin can hit 10 sats, it just need some word spreading, bigger exchanges, and no need for swaps at all.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:46:05 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 01:05:26 PM by kosmost

I would love to swap my coins, as I've stated. However, for the bigger picture it doesn't make sense.

Those it matter.... ETC is based on a blockchain with someone that stole for $50M of ETH coins.... and look how it has been moving up... with those $50M stolen ETC coins.... The amount that was stolen is ridicules low when you compare it with the total amount. and another point is that those so called stolen coins didn't move for ages... maybe they even don't have those coins at all....

38 days ago is "ages"? Not really. It seems quite recent. Not everyone paying attention to Karma or Karma's price moves their coins around often.

That's a tremendous risk you're talking about. We're not talking about 2-3% of coins but 30-50% of total coins. A big difference. If you're comfortable with that, I'm not sure how to respond.

We can't just think of ourselves, however. What about future holders? What about the price going up steadily? What about trying to get Karma into the hands of millions of people all around the world? Do that and the vision is dead, and it would have very little value.

Allow people with billions in stolen coins the opportunity to dump when we get to 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 satoshis? They would keep dumping, that's for sure. Karma may never rise again under that scenario. You're assuming they don't check to see which coins are the biggest gainers for the hours, day or week. A very risky assumption when you're trying to rebuild.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:51:22 PM

In fact i don't understand why we suddenly not to start thinking of a swap... Last month there was a huge amount of buying in KARMA. Lets try to get KARMA on Bittrex. Get on a marketplace with trading volumes of 60000 BTC per day and not just 3000 BTC. The current KARMA coin can hit 10 sats, it just need some word spreading, bigger exchanges, and no need for swaps at all.

I hate to burst your bubble but that was a few days ago when I "waltzed in here"

https://yobit.net/en/trade/KARMA/BTC#1M

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg19438204#msg19438204

Those sound like good ideas. Do you want to be the community leader for the effort and make them happen? You don't have to be a dev to lead the community. I'm sure the Karma community would greatly appreciate it.

What do you think?

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:52:20 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 01:15:15 PM by kosmost

I have a question.. Who is going to lead the Karma Classic team? Anyone?

We need action, not just talk. Any takers?

Anyone?

ummm.. if I may suggest. Start a new wallet address for a dev fund that people can donate to, or maybe you can develop it yourself if you have the expertise.

but I guess that's why they call it bitcointalk instead of bitcoinaction. Same as before. Just complaining without doing anything about it. Just protesting without offering viable solutions. Just arguing from emotions, not reason.

It doesn't really take that much more effort.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:31:22 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 01:41:54 PM by kosmost

Let's put some of this anger from a few people into perspective a bit.

Are you really more upset that I want to revive Karma and bring it to many more people than you are upset at the people who stole almost half of Karma's economy?

How much anger and frustration have I read toward the people who have stolen billions of coins, on this thread? 0.

Think about that for a moment.

A bit mis-directed perhaps. Why not lead (or join) the effort to do Karma Classic and swap coins, instead?

The reason we 4 took charge before in 2014 is because no one else would.

The reason I am taking charge now is because no one else is. Even though a couple of us are complaining, I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it as much as I want to believe it would. East's efforts are great (as I've said many times recently) but the fact is that he has his own threads to worry about, and hasn't been able to post in this one for nearly a year.

It's not as easy as it may seem because, well, people are often dramatic and want to pee on you for no reason whatsoever.

algreen

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:40:35 PM

Anyone?

ummm.. if I may suggest. Start a new wallet address for a dev fund that people can donate to, or maybe you can develop it yourself if you have the expertise.

but I guess that's why they call it bitcointalk instead of bitcoinaction. Same as before. Just complaining without doing anything about it. Just protesting without offering viable solutions. Just arguing from emotions, not reason.

Kosmost, as i remember you a karma dev, and you have a dead karma coin now. After years of silence you try to start another copy-paste coin? Without swap of karma? You can try to do it, but many people have a zero trust to you. If you manage to hold a karma swap you can recover your reputation.
tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:41:32 PM

38 days ago is "ages"? Not really. It seems quite recent. Not everyone paying attention to Karma or Karma's price moves their coins around often.

That's a tremendous risk you're talking about. We're not talking about 2-3% of coins but 30-50% of total coins. A big difference. If you're comfortable with that, I'm not sure how to respond.

We can't just think of ourselves, however. What about future holders? What about the price going up steadily? What about trying to get Karma into the hands of millions of people all around the world? Do that and the vision is dead, and it would have very little value.

Allow people with billions in stolen coins the opportunity to dump when we get to 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 satoshis? They would keep dumping, that's for sure. Karma may never rise again under that scenario. You're assuming they don't check to see which coins are the biggest gainers for the hours, day or week. A very risky assumption when you're trying to rebuild.

Why should they dump? That person that stole all those ETH coins didn't impact the price...

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:47:25 PM

Here's an experiment you can do at home  Grin

Click on page 390 above. Do you see the date?

All of 2016's threads are on pages 392-398.

An entire year on 6 pages.

So, who's really involved with this community? Since I made an appearance on page 399 with Bitwho's post, there have been nearly 2x more posts in 1 week than all of 2016.

Looking for 2015? On 28 pages, from page 364.

Sorry, but that's the end of the story.

disco987

Activity: 711

CLOAK Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:47:56 PM

@kosmost If you don't feel,i want to tell you something: the shit storm comes,and you will disappear for another 3 years.

Enjoy! Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓               
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,       
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖     
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌   
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███, 
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌ 
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌ 
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███` 
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████   
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜     
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀       
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 01:53:55 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 02:09:25 PM by kosmost

Anyone?

Kosmost, as i remember you a karma dev, and you have a dead karma coin now. After years of silence you try to start another copy-paste coin? Without swap of karma? You can try to do it, but many people have a zero trust to you. If you manage to hold a karma swap you can recover your reputation.

See above.

Would you like to lead the effort?

(by the way, I didn't start the coin, nor was I a dev for it. I was the project lead for rebuilding. This was a community effort. See this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg5549527#msg5549527 )

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:01:35 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 02:32:24 PM by kosmost

Why should they dump? That person that stole all those ETH coins didn't impact the price...

Are you sure about that?

A logical fallacy perhaps. Imagine two scenarios:

#1: 3,559,374 Ethereums were stolen. Price of Ethereum June 14, 2017: $366 (today's price)

#2: No Ethereums were stolen. Price of Ethereum June 14, 2017: $549

How much new money was lost because of the bad press and mis-step in investor confidence? And of those who continue to invest, how many invested less because of it? There's no way to know. But one thing is for certain. The stolen Ethereums amounted to less than 4% of all ETH.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:02:05 PM

@kosmost If you don't feel,i want to tell you something: the shit storm comes,and you will disappear for another 3 years.

Enjoy! Smiley

Good Karma always comes back Smiley

disco987

Activity: 711

CLOAK Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:05:52 PM

Enjoy! Smiley

Absolutely,but i doubt that this applies to your case.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓               
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,       
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖     
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌   
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███, 
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌ 
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌ 
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███` 
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████   
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜     
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀       
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:12:11 PM

Enjoy! Smiley

Absolutely,but i doubt that this applies to your case.

Good one Smiley Well, then it must be true because it was funny  Grin

Would you like to join the Karma Classic team to fix the current wallet?

tinaken_v

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:13:53 PM

Are you sure about that?

A logical fallacy perhaps. Imagine two scenarios:

#1: 3,559,374 Ethereums were stolen. Price of Ethereum June 14, 2017: $366 (today's price)

#2: No Ethereums were stolen. Price of Ethereum June 14, 2017: $549

By the way, the stolen Ethereums amounted to less than 4% of all ETH.

ok... so who is saying that those 20 B KARMA coins that were stolen are now not in investors hands... so no need to think of those coins as stolen as they are maybe already dumped... so you can go ahead with a fair swap on Yobit so that we know that it is 100% safe... Wink

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 02:17:36 PM

ok... so who is saying that those 20 B KARMA coins that were stolen are now not in investors hands... so no need to think of those coins as stolen as they are maybe already dumped... so you can go ahead with a fair swap on Yobit so that we know that it is 100% safe... Wink

See this link: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/karm/wallet.dws?400656.htm

It's a stolen wallet. One of SEVERAL stolen wallets with more than 1 billion coins. (Coins from this particular wallet were also exchanged for KTN. However 15 billion coins are still left in it.)

Would you like those coins to join the swap? How many coins do you have, in comparison? How about the other wallets with billions of stolen coins? Even the original developer stole billions of coins from Karma via malicious code in the original wallet. These amount to a significant percentage of total coins. No economy can grow like that. New investors may be turned off. Other investors may not buy as much, knowing that so many coins could be bad. That's the reality we find ourselves in, and we should probably face it.

Are you okay with tens of billions of stolen coins joining the swap? No one has yet answered this basic question. Can you be the first?

Pages: « 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 [411] 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: