Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 09:48:01 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 563208 times)
kosmost

Activity: 420

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:47:16 PM

Is KARMA listed on any exchanges? Didn't it move to a counterparty asset?

https://xchain.io/asset/KARMATOKEN

EastEagle spearheaded this effort and, while I think it has some merit, consider the Counterparty offering to be a derivative of Karma, not exactly Karma itself.

If we go ahead with this coin (rescuing it for the second time .. heh) then we'd have to agree on some fundamental changes to the wallet (and number of coins in circulation, etc)

In effect, we'd have to make it kickass.

Goodomy ["GOOD"] token here ∞ Rewards for customers of 700,000 retail stores in the US and millions more around the world
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 02:54:04 PM

Also, the main people involved in the development would have to show their faces (and names). No more of this anonymous shit. That was okay in 2014 but doesn't work today. Crypto isn't truly trustless yet.

Goodomy ["GOOD"] token here ∞ Rewards for customers of 700,000 retail stores in the US and millions more around the world
georggmg

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:55:22 PM

Correct, Kosmost. I agree there are changes that needs to be done, especially on the wallet and the millions of coins...1:1 000 000 sounds good.

I hope you will finally have the support to put things in order.
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 03:08:02 PM

Correct, Kosmost. I agree there are changes that needs to be done, especially on the wallet and the millions of coins...1:1 000 000 sounds good.

I hope you will finally have the support to put things in order.

I've always found that volunteerism doesn't actually work to get things done. If you want action, you have to provide financial incentive.

So, either Bitcoin or cash would work, I think. If it was up to me I'd run Karma like a for-profit business, incorporate, have a board of directors, and hire people to do what needs to be done. I'm not too sure about offshore work, but I suppose it could work for a couple of non-vital positions.

This may turn some people off (as it did before) but it's just a matter of staying competitive and crushing the competition (in a good, Karma-like way of course!)

(A bit of history for the newbies... Karma was the first coin to incorporate as a business, among other firsts)

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:43:46 PM

I noticed there is some activity on Yobit for Karma.

Please note that the work here has never been PnD. From what I know about most of the old faces here, the good work has been all about community and purpose rather than money.

What's more interesting for me is a slow and steady rise over the next 6+ months as we get development going again and pumping new life back into the coin, consolidate the vision, lay out the plan, update the wallets, etc.

I'm hoping for at least 20 satoshis in January 2018, conservatively. (If we go the route of the wallet browser plugin, I think 50+ is very possible)

"Slow and steady wins the race"

ptman

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:47:14 PM

Please note that the work here has never been PnD. From what I know about most of the old faces here, the good work has been all about community and purpose rather than money.

What's more interesting for me is a slow and steady rise over the next 6+ months as we get development going again and pumping new life back into the coin, consolidate the vision, lay out the plan, update the wallets, etc.

I'm hoping for at least 20 satoshis in January 2018, conservatively. (If we go the route of the wallet browser plugin, I think 50+ is very possible)

What is the current price?
Exchanges list it at 1 satoshi, but almost no one is willing to buy at that price.

You said you see KarmaToken as a derivative of Karmacoin.
How so?

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:52:07 PM

By the way.. I mentioned on the Karma FB page that we could have 500,000,000 in bounties for development.

Scratch that.. I'll keep my Karma and use BTC.

I'm willing to front mid-$xx,xxx in BTC towards Karma development if we can get things going again. (Properly)

I don't have much free time to fark around these days, but I do have time to make sure things get done (and people are paid).

That is.. if people are still interested in seeing Karma succeed.

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 04:57:04 PM

By the way.. I mentioned on the Karma FB page that we could have 500,000,000 in bounties for development.

I'm willing to front mid-$xx,xxx in BTC towards Karma development if we can get things going again. (Properly)

I don't have much free time to fark around these days, but I do have time to make sure things get done (and people are paid).

Will PM you soon, as you know I've followed Karma from the very start - been working on my own projects / events for quite some time but keeping all my Karma. We need a plan, ideas and a way forward.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:02:42 PM

Exchanges list it at 1 satoshi, but almost no one is willing to buy at that price.

How so?

Really? I am seeing 10-20 trades every minute on Yobit. Unless I'm reading it wrong Smiley

Karma will always be Karma. Every crypto is a derivative of Bitcoin. This is good for the ecosystem, but Bitcoin is still Bitcoin. It's good that Karma has derivatives. It means people care about Karma.

Personally, I'm only interested in Karma, not any derivative. Though of course I would be willing to lend help to other projects where I am able.

For me, Karma is a $500 million coin, minimum. I wouldn't be on this thread if I didn't believe it had the potential. You can look at the current price and see it is only on one exchange but I see much more than that.

I remember looking at Bitcoin when it was on 0 exchanges and you could purchase 300 BTC for under $1 via PayPal.

Potential.

ptman

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 05:06:01 PM

How so?

Really? I am seeing 10-20 trades every minute on Yobit. Unless I'm reading it wrong Smiley

Karma will always be Karma. Every crypto is a derivative of Bitcoin. This is good for the ecosystem, but Bitcoin is still Bitcoin. It's good that Karma has derivatives. It means people care about Karma.

Personally, I'm only interested in Karma, not any derivative. Though of course I would be willing to lend help to other projects where I am able.

For me, Karma is a $500 million coin, minimum. I wouldn't be on this thread if I didn't believe it had the potential. You can look at the current price and see it is only on one exchange but I see much more than that.

I remember looking at Bitcoin when it was on 0 exchanges and you could purchase 300 BTC for under $1 via PayPal.

Potential.

That volume is recent.
As of today...

Because it has been close to 0 in the last weeks/months...

I agree with you about the potential.

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:06:50 PM

Will PM you soon, as you know I've followed Karma from the very start - been working on my own projects / events for quite some time but keeping all my Karma. We need a plan, ideas and a way forward.

Sounds good.

I'm all for a singular vision and CEO (not me). I know it kind of goes against the spirit of Karma, but if we really want things to progress at more than a snail's pace, we need somebody responsible for everything.

We can save democracy for another time. But folks are here for two reasons: 1) do good things; 2) make shitloads of money (so we can do bad things lol)

Let's make this happen!

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:35:44 PM

The Karma coins in the Cryptsy wallet have apparently been claimed by someone: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=447657.msg18561842#msg18561842

Anyone care to step forward about this? I didn't see it mentioned in the threads.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 06:16:21 PM

East, would you like to fix the OP or do you need something for that? It has some out-dated stuff.

kosmost

Do Something Good Today!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:52:40 PM

I've just registered Karmacoin.net. Just in case we decide to use it in future. But it would be nice to have a place to download wallets, so perhaps I will throw up a page in a few days.

LemonAndFriesOne

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:07:04 PM

Karma Token on counterparty is still trading, the official news from dev was that KARMA would be traded for KARMA TOKEN on Counterparty.

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 08:13:21 PM

I've just registered Karmacoin.net. Just in case we decide to use it in future. But it would be nice to have a place to download wallets, so perhaps I will throw up a page in a few days.

Will set up some free hosting on CryptoCloudHosting.org if you like?

Brianc

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:34:02 AM

So, is this the same karma? https://yobit.net/en/trade/KARMA/BTC
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:46:08 AM

The swedes are still running karma site http://www.givekarma.net/ . I still own the www.karmacoin.me domain and i forward it to their. Wallets are online there. well something is off. but if you scroll. you can find direct downloads of wallets.

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:47:06 AM

Karma Token on counterparty is still trading, the official news from dev was that KARMA would be traded for KARMA TOKEN on Counterparty.

This karma and that token have only one thing in common. Easteagle.

other wise two different thing.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:49:01 AM

So, is this the same karma? https://yobit.net/en/trade/KARMA/BTC

yes, this is the same karma of this thread and what Kosmost is talking about.

also traded here https://alcurex.com/#KARM-BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.