Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:28:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260291 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:13:23 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 06:39:47 PM by utahjohn

Donkeypool.com is up and running for ETH mining Smiley Currently 4 miners Smiley  Testing it out for a while ...
Mine straight to your ETH address whether it's a bittrex address or whatever, not automatically exchanged like nicehash does ... a bit more freedom of choice Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:03:05 PM

If there is a need for more nodes to strengthen the network I think the idea that was proposed earlier last year, some sort of Proof of Node, could be taken into consideration again. I am not sure how to finance Proof of Node, perhaps by transaction fees, but they are rather small at the moment. Another option is to put a low percentage fee on all the PoS blocks that could be distributed to the Proof of Nodes.

basical the reward for frequent active wallets is exactly that Prove of Node

and what not active addresses mint less

is exact the by u suggested low fee on POS blocks which is used to power

prove of node rewards

if the timeframe between minting a block is 14 days to be seen as active address
u think u not manage to mint at least once every 14 days?
how about 30 days?

No, it’s not exactly the same. What I suggested was that you might take a small percentage from all PoS blocks, which includes both active and inactive wallets. Then you reward the most active nodes with this percentage, which will include wallets that either mined a block and/or staked a coinpile within a specified timeframe. However PoN is not important to me, it was just a suggestion if more nodes was needed.

The PoS change you are suggesting is a very fundamental change to DMD features and I would like to know more about the reasons for proposing such a change. Without other facts, my opinion still is that there should not be any changes to the current DMD PoS system.

Galactus

Activity: 505

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 08:21:46 PM

The PoS change you are suggesting is a very fundamental change to DMD features and I would like to know more about the reasons for proposing such a change. Without other facts, my opinion still is that there should not be any changes to the current DMD PoS system.

I agree and still do not understand the reasons for the proposal.
To me wasn't answered why to change the rules "game"?

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 08:43:05 PM

I agree and still do not understand the reasons for the proposal.
To me wasn't answered why to change the rules "game"?

we can give more details about that later
for now the answer have to be cloudy

because we will use a advanced POS technology
which we can adapt to some degree but not total to be the same as now

DMD POS technology we have now is like a sword
maybe the most sharp and best forged sword existing

but what we aim for is a gun to be a  state of the art for the future of crypto economy

DMD 3.0 isnt just a change in POS
it a total codebase overhaul towards state of the art technology
the goal is nothing less than have inside our wallet code the best POW/POS hybrid codebase possible end 2016

i understand many love that sailship called DMD Diamond

but its time to paint the name on a ship that utilize state of the art technology

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 09:03:14 PM

a example to understand what i mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Galactus

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:45:05 PM

cryptonit

I'm not against the reasonable improvements for all. but I am against change for several people or elected.
but I'm sure no one wants to give up their interest and receive for example 15-20% per annum instead of the 25%, only for the fact that someone will keep the purse online 24/7...

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:58:19 PM

a example to understand what i mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA

I see that when it comes to the upcoming changes in version 3.0, you should create a detailed description of all the items that will be affected (the existence of the scheme and a list of changes).
The discussion of this issue within the framework of the current situation simply does not make sense.
All users will need to see a clear description of the new system before they can agree or argue with any changes.
Only then it will be the right approach.

If any items will cause the protest we can to vote on these points.
Only when the majority opinion Users will be in agreement, then  this change is approved by the DMD community.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:03:30 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 10:16:46 PM by Rumhurius

i would be totally cool with Npos or Posv2 or some.
If someone sets up a 24/7 Wallet he should get rewarded for that.

What about to use a Percentage of Cloudmining BTC in Terms of a stabilization Fund.
Lets say 10-20% of Cloudming BTC going into a Pot  and when someone like that fucker today sets up a 4btc sellorder its nom nom time with more cheap DMD Payouts later ?
I would be cool with that and it would stabilize the Price and  each Holder will get more Coins on the long Run.

I thought of that before.

Maybe you can realise such a Project aside from Cloudmining shares in the Future ?

I would invest. Tongue

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 10:26:47 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 10:40:38 PM by cryptonit

cryptonit

but I'm sure no one wants to give up their interest and receive for example 15-20% per annum instead of the 25%, only for the fact that someone will keep the purse online 24/7...

in a discussion like this the people who would be willing run a active wallet to have lets say 30% instead of 25%
even if the price is inactive wallet earn only 20% instead of 25
and move forward with wallet code
have to express their opinion too

else it looks like why we working for improve DMD at all if people think what we have now is perfect

also i want to make clear we wont discuss eavery aspect of DMD 3.0 in advance and instead present the designed solution

just a few point like POS will be discussed first to get a feeling about what the community thinks

there wont be a voting or stuff like that

everyone who care could be a member of DMD Diamond Foundation the doors are not closed
own a significant amount of coins and spend a lot lot time unpaid for DMD and u can be part of foundation and design the future together with us

DMD Diamond Foundation dont own DMD Diamond
what we create as new wallet each user can decide by himself if he install it
its a free world

the technology is open source
if u can do it better than we do then do it

do a great job and then i am the guy who install the wallet u created
and i can enjoy the feeling how great it is that someone else is working for me
without me paying him for it

utahjohn

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:32:13 PM

cryptonit

in a discussion like this the people who would be willing run a active wallet to have lets say 30% instead of 25%
even if the price is inactive wallet earn only 20% instead of 25
and move forward with wallet code
have to express their opinion too

else it looks like why we working for improve DMD at all if people think what we have now is perfect

I feel that not everyone can do 24/7/365 and it would be unfair (although I can do it.)
If 25% were base rate for all and there was a bonus system for active staker's that would be fine to me.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:43:06 PM

Having a wallet online 24/7 should be somehow rewarded because those are the ones who really support the network.

All the other ones who only open their wallet once a week, or once a month, are able to do that because someone else was maintaining the network, processing the transactions, providing nodes, taking care of confirmations, while they had their wallets closed.

I don't want to get into the debate about 25% rate for ones vs 30% for the others. The numbers are not my main concern, I'm talking about the concept; keeping the wallet open 24/7 should be rewarded. Period!

Galactus

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:10:05 PM

and how you this option?
provide a switch in the wallet in which there will be two modes of operation:
1. "wallet online 24/7" = 30% per annum;
for "wallet online 24/7" to provide possibility of short-term switching off such as 4-12 hours due to possible technical problems with electricity, computer hardware and so on. But need to be protected from abuse with such a shutdown.
2. wallet periodically online (absolutely without reference to time) = 25% per annum.

but!
the more complex the system the greater the likelihood of abuse from people who can detect any kind of vulnerability.
and the simpler the system the easier it is watch for her.

By the way, even now, those who hold the wallet online is constantly getting more DMD per year than those who occasionally launches wallet. not much, but more. so they already are rewarded.
therefore I incline to leave everything as it is.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:18:36 PM

i never stated active have to be 24/7
what we consider as active is what we set as time frame between POS blocks created

as explained before we could even see 7 or 14 days intervall between POS blocks produced as active

which cover for a normal dude anything beside a long holyday oversea

and really if u spend 4 weeks on hawai i guess that u stake this 4 weeks 5% less wont hurt ya

on the other side that the other 48 weeks of the year u stake more would make ya happy or?

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:20:18 PM

I think that it is necessary to introduce the concept of the base rate.
for example 20% POS income for all owners of DMD.
The rest - 5% will be calculated on how long wallet holds active. 100% of the time = 24 hours a day = the full of the remaining 5%

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 11:28:58 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2016, 11:42:34 PM by cryptonit

The rest - 5% will be calculated on how long wallet holds active. 100% of the time = 24 hours a day = the full of the remaining 5%

that could be also a possibility

but then the POS boost u get for being active wallet will be more than 5%

because it would be only 5% of everyone have his wallet online
the more people have wallet offline the more the boost will be bigger than 5%

i think the two numbers why i stated that discussion is

the base rate
10 15 20 22,5 %

and the timeframe between minting POS blocks where we can still consider a wallet as active
(ignore the actual 9 days min age at the new system u could easy stake each day if u are online)
1 3 7 14 30 days

the reward for active wallets deepens on what we chose as base stakerate and and how many wallets are not active

the pot of POS based coin rollout will in DMD 3.0 not bigger than now
but he also wont be smaller than now

just the distribution will be a tiny bit (if a base stakerate of 22,5%)
or significant (if the base stakerate is lower the boost for activity will be much higher)
different and reward activity more

my personal opinion is

a base stakerate of 15 or 20%

and a activity trigger that require u to stake at least once a week
or every 14 days to be seen as active wallet and get the boost on top of base stakerate

this will be the best of both worlds

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:57:02 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2016, 01:15:03 AM by shveicar

that could be also a possibility

but then the POS boost u get for being active wallet will be more than 5%

because it would be only 5% of everyone have his wallet online
the more people have wallet offline the more the boost will be bigger than 5%

i think the two numbers why i stated that discussion is

the base rate
10 15 20 22,5 %

and the timeframe between minting POS blocks where we can still consider a wallet as active
(ignore the actual 9 days min age at the new system u could easy stake each day if u are online)
1 3 7 14 30 days

the reward for active wallets deepens on what we chose as base stakerate and and how many wallets are not active

the pot of POS based coin rollout will in DMD 3.0 not bigger than now
but he also wont be smaller than now

just the distribution will be a tiny bit (if a base stakerate of 22,5%)
or significant (if the base stakerate is lower the boost for activity will be much higher)
different and reward activity more

my personal opinion is

a base stakerate of 15 or 20%

and a activity trigger that require u to stake at least once a week
or every 14 days to be seen as active wallet and get the boost on top of base stakerate

this will be the best of both worlds

As I understand the meaning of your offer is to get  more active users in the network.
What people could buy a mini PC on the based ROKOS and know what they are creating such a nodes will have maximum profit.
Taking into account the cost of equipment and electricity, I think that 5% of the additional revenue that will receive each active user is normal.
What receive exact distribution of 5% between active users, I think that with the mathematical function we can accurately calculate revenue per active user given the overall percentage of active wallets online.

Certainly possible distribution of awards to the wallet for your activity diagram, 1 3 7 14 30 research days but it will be a more complex system.
Given the presence in it of 10 legendary addresses with the increased income, I still do not understand how it would be consistent with each other.
Also how such a system would work if reaching 2.5 million coins should happen reduction POS rewards of up to 5%?
then you should also provide for a smooth decrease of awards rather than a sharp jump from 25% to 5 as of now

In general, you have selected the scheme should be balanced and resistant to sudden launch of a large number of large wallets and the emergence of a large number of miners  (stress test)
as practice shows, smooth system more resistant to changes than threshold switcher..
And this is system will not cause sharp fluctuations in the market price for coin of the sudden decrease in awards

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:14:52 AM

u missunderstand me i dont want to reward 1 3 7 14 30 days different

i just said that we have to select one of this timeframes as trigger between active and inactive state

regarding ur input that  at 2500000 total coins trigger

POS should not instant switch

from 25 to 5% POS

that could be part of DMD 3.0

but still in a way that the total coinrollout timeframe will be similar as original planed

over 30 years to reach 4.3 million total coins

OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:23:18 AM

DMD added to ROKOS website: https://twitter.com/AltcoinOfficial/status/723302623072391168

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 12:40:05 AM

http://rokos.space/cryptocurrencies.html

thx  Cool

Galactus

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 12:49:19 AM

cryptonit

without explanation, it is difficult for me to understand why invented these changes.
but I see that you are for some reason decided to reduce the annual interest rate and the ability to come up with any ways to get people to do it.
When such changes may appear "weak hands" who will be forced to sell all their coins. Then someone will buy the majority of these coins. And then that someone might agitate raise annual interest. There are many options. Who can guarantee that this will not happen?
if the problem is only to start the wallet once in 14 days, that I don't see in it a problem because the majority of wallets so do it constantly.
in blokchain seen some wallets which don't run 30 or more days, but this unit.
I want to see stability in DMD as in bank on which it is possible to rely, and not changes which are necessary for some people.
Perhaps we need to reach agreement that the global changes DMD discussed every six months or a year. Or, when the market cryptocurrency occur global changes.
I am not a conservative, but I prefer a balanced approach to the changes.
Do you want us to discuss the issue with no idea why this is necessary Smiley
(Also I want you to understand, this is possibly due to translation difficulties, but I am concerned the changes that I do not understand) Smiley
therefore want to read all explanation why all of this is done after you decide to write them. i'll be waiting.

Pages: « 1 ... 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 [538] 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: