Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:18:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260298 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Galactus

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:44:58 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 01:12:16 PM by Galactus

But how can the masternodes be discussed if the details of this new idea are not known and unknown the consequences for investors of different levels?
I saw only this:
cryptonit:
"yes we will lose some old users (not want running a node not willing use services)
but if they wait for the release and a few weeks after i can nearly gurantee they can leave with a big value gain"

It is a choice without choice.
This is when offering the two worst options and you need to choose the least worst.

DMD needs hundreds of thousands, millions of people investors (I think this is the goal).
But keep MN with 24/7 enabled computers can afford 100-200 people.
Thousands, millions will not keep the computer on 24/7.
It turns out the nodes are created for 100-200 geeks?

In any case, details on the masternodes are needed and what exactly will change and how it will work.
Otherwise, without details, everyone will understand this information in their own way and there will be misunderstandings and confusion.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 01:31:23 PM

like always the vote is done by use the wallet
dmd is a open source project
everyone can take the source modify it and release it
users chose which wallet they install and by that vote for the true chain

this is more a theoretic explaination but it answer the voting part

in the past there was not a single wallet release done by someone else than the dmd diamond foundation

but if a group of people think they can do better they invited code and release their vision of a future dmd diamond wallet

maybe if great work is done i will install their wallet and enjoy lot more free time in the future

it will be possible run a masternode/pos staking on a below 100$ minicomputer too like a raspberry pi

so everyone who have internet can take part

vps server capable of run a masternode too are avaible below 5$ a month
so even people without constant flatrate internet can take part

we did long follow the path of % based pos rewards but there is a reason why it is not part of any new pos engine

because security and because reward of node/network contribution

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Galactus

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:26:44 PM

cryptonit

Maybe you do not understand what I'm asking.
I'm wondering how the POS system will change (will not it become less secure due to the fact that a large number of coins will be transferred to MN without POS capability, as you wrote) and how to change the annual interest after the introduction of MN?

If the introduction of MN does not affect POS and annual interest, then this is normal.
There are also legendary addresses and someone gets a big profit and it's honest.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 03:34:25 PM

cryptonit

I'm wondering how the POS system will change (will not it become less secure due to the fact that a large number of coins will be transferred to MN without POS capability, as you wrote) and how to change the annual interest after the introduction of MN?

If the introduction of MN does not affect POS and annual interest, then this is normal.
There are also legendary addresses and someone gets a big profit and it's honest.

pos 3.0 have no annual interest but active user with mn and pos wallet
or just pos wallet if not that many coins

will earn similiar or even more than in actual system
 there will be a dynamic reward adaption between mn and pos so one side never eliminate the other

if not many mn they get big rewards if many mn their rewards decrease up to a point where run the mn coins better in pos mode

so it will automatic balance

dmd reactor will split into 3 pos reactors and gurante a base amount of pos coins too

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
midnight_miner

Activity: 654

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

cryptonit

there will be a dynamic reward adaption between mn and pos so one side never eliminate the other

if not many mn they get big rewards if many mn their rewards decrease up to a point where run the mn coins better in pos mode

dmd reactor will split into 3 pos reactors and gurante a base amount of pos coins too

I feel a song whitepaper coming on!   Grin Grin Grin
hallared

Activity: 150
Merit: 101

The hen or the egg

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

So far only masternodes and POS have been discussed, does that mean that MN will replace POW?

If annual POS rate will no longer exist, but the new POS will correspond to earlier said 25% POS per annum, how will this new POS formula be calculated? Which parameters will be used? Do you have to run the wallet 24/7 to be able to acquire the POS reward?

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 05:56:51 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 06:26:59 PM by cryptonit

So far only masternodes and POS have been discussed, does that mean that MN will replace POW?

If annual POS rate will no longer exist, but the new POS will correspond to earlier said 25% POS per annum, how will this new POS formula be calculated? Which parameters will be used? Do you have to run the wallet 24/7 to be able to acquire the POS reward?

POW -> POW&MN
POS -> POS&MN

how many % of static blockreward go to MN is dynamic by a formula that take care not all coins move in MN
and that if to many % of total coins in MN the share POS earns generate u more income than MN

total yearly inflation same as on original coin rollout plan

yes this is a drastic move that only reward activity

online POS wallets
online MN
active POW mining

we hope that we or someone else who see the business opportunity be able provide short after DMD 3.0 release solutions that allow people without ability run 24/7 wallet
a hosted MN service

this can be done risc free because MN can be setup in a way that the node that run 24/7 and the node that hold the coins are not the same
the node that hold the coin can after send the start masternode command to network go offline

more explanations closer to release

the main motivation that lead to this leap is that any POS beyong bitcoin 0.1x is static reward
so % based POS and stay on state of the art technology doesnt fit together
and if we need active wallets anyway then we can also include on same step the added abilities that MN give us

optional anonymous transactions
and instantsend

hallared

The hen or the egg

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:15:16 PM

POW -> POW&MN
POS -> POS&MN

how many % of static blockreward go to MN is dynamic by a formula that take care not all coins move in MN
and that if to many % of total coins in MN the share POS earns generate u more income than MN

total yearly inflation same as on original coin rollout plan

yes this is a drastic move that only reward activity

online POS wallets
online MN
active POW mining

we hope that we or someone else who see the business opportunity be able provide short after DMD 3.0 release solutions that allow people without ability run 24/7 wallet
a hosted MN service

this can be done risc free because MN can be setup in a way that the node that run 24/7 and the node that hold the coins are not the same
the node that hold the coin can after send the start masternode command to network go offline

more explanations closer to release

the main motivation that lead to this leap is that any POS beyong bitcoin 0.1x is static reward
so % based POS and stay on state of the art technology doesnt fit together
and if we need active wallets anyway then we can also include on same step the added abilities that MN give us

optional anonymous transactions
and instantsend

Thanks for the explanation, however we had a community discussion early in 2016 about possible POSchanges in DMD 3.0. In that discussion you declared, that a wallet staking twice a month would not have any significant change in POSreward in DMD 3.0. Howcome this drastic change?

As we can see a reduction of up to 25 per cent did not produce a significant effect on the value of the coin.

this is wrong
constant decreasing inflation
it is the reason why DMD stay at a stable $ value around 30 cents

look around all the hyperinflation coins who failed
because their plan was never designed to cover more than a half year or a year income for people
and then a collapse of price was clear as a market response to craizy raising amounts of daily new created coins

and galactus ur opinion is important to us like any others even utahs Wink

it will have impact on the final dmd 3.0 coin specs

over all people can expect to see if they behave as they do already and stake twice a month
no significant change in POS income

less frequent staking will earn a bit less

more frequent staking will earn a bit more

just a little incentive for network support

nothing big

this topic is closed for now i want to open a new one in next posting

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 07:58:19 PM

Thanks for the explanation, however we had a community discussion early in 2016 about possible POSchanges in DMD 3.0. In that discussion you declared, that a wallet staking twice a month would not have any significant change in POSreward in DMD 3.0. Howcome this drastic change?

see where we are now following that  path we discussed back then
it did take ages and there is no result and we had to take action

DMD 3.0 im talking now is based on another codebase as the earlier discussed DMD 3.0

and as i explained state of the art POS and % based pos rewards didnt fit together

so this drastic change and finally action instead of waiting!

results on this new path should only take a few months and are very predictable

and if i look at the market he also like our decision to move on

i see classic coin accumulation market movements

gather big amount of coins and still try keep prices low

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:06:56 PM

DMD 3.0 im talking now is based on another codebase as the earlier discussed DMD 3.0

and as i explained state of the art POS and % based pos rewards didnt fit together

I agree.
If the old concept does not work, then we need to move on to a different path.
But the main thing is that the basic principles of Diamond (security and the total number of coins in the system) will remain unchanged.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 08:20:26 PM

But the main thing is that the basic principles of Diamond (security and the total number of coins in the system) will remain unchanged.

this is guaranteed

up to 2.5 million coins the new engine will rollout each day same as today on average
and after 2-5 million coins the rewards will in a 10 year long curve decrease until the hit the final equivalent to 1% per year inflation at 3.5 million total coins
to reach our coin max will take 30 years

and before this coin max is reached there will be mechanism implemented that allow power services by burn coins
and this way the maximum will be in fact never reached

this coinrollout means there are years of high rewards ahead of us
but still we will face a constant decreasing inflation

Telescopium

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Diamond good coin

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:58:48 PM

Well guys. I believe that those decisions which you make here will go to DMD benefit. I will wait for the publication of your road map

hallared

The hen or the egg

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:04:03 PM

Ok I see, the decision is already made. Perhaps something good will come out of this.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 09:17:43 PM

something good will come out of this.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 09:19:23 PM

Well guys. I believe that those decisions which you make here will go to DMD benefit. I will wait for the publication of your road map

the plan to release that is at latest as a birthday present
we should then be already in a far advanced maybe already testnet state of development

Telescopium

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Diamond good coin

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:27:34 PM

the plan to release that is at latest as a birthday present
we should then be already in a far advanced maybe already testnet state of development

Unfortunately, I am far from code developments but I know that the price of DMD has to be at least 1 dollar now  Smiley

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:27:47 PM

i want to get one community feedback

how u like masternodes?
optional increased anonymity transactions?

would u like to see that stuff in DMD 3.0 ?

I've heard that SEGWIT enables payment channels like Lightning Network, which safely provide instant confirmation and unlimited tx/day, along with many other new forms of technology, all of which basically makes the concept of Masternodes obsolete.

Is there anything to that?

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 09:36:28 PM

how u like masternodes?

I've heard that SEGWIT enables payment channels like Lightning Network, which safely provide instant confirmation and unlimited tx/day, along with many other new forms of technology, all of which basically makes the concept of Masternodes obsolete.

Is there anything to that?

maybe parts of it will be utilized in following updates
but masternodes are a mighty tool that can be used for other services too beyond the ability it have now
and that will be abilities that lightning sure dont deliver so masternodes if improved will have a place longterm in DMD technology tree

as we speak now not a single coin implemented lightning
wenn its in a proved secure and established state we will evaluate if and what parts we want to include

Galactus

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:53:44 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 11:37:01 PM by Galactus

cryptonit

How many coins need to create a masternode and how many coins need for MN/POS?

Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:28:54 PM

how u like masternodes?

yes.

The Teamup with Eurocoin running the Paymentservice , Bitsend for fast Transfer and Microtransactions and DMD as the Layer of Value and other Investments should come up strong.
I think the right direction for DMD would to become something like NEM XCP or Waves imo.
The overlaying Board for Investments over the Teamup or some.

But yes on Masternodes from me.

Pages: « 1 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: