Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260298 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Galactus

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:38:32 AM

crazyivan

VPS it is possible to adjust for the home server?
Cryptonit wrote about the server on pipo-x9s ...

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 07:24:18 AM

I think you need to find another solution for dedicated IP for Windows users.

as stated there is 3 ways to run a masternode
local with static IP
local with onion hidden service
remote without any real coins inside (coin are in a control wallet that only need to be online at the moment of start the masternodes)

so there plenty possibilities to run this in a high security way

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 07:27:09 AM

crazyivan

VPS it is possible to adjust for the home server?
Cryptonit wrote about the server on pipo-x9s ...

pipo x9s is a example of a low power consuming 24/7 windows based POS device
for POS u dont need a static IP

for masternodes i always suggest to set up a remote masternode on a VPS without any real coins inside
u can expect earn back more than whole month VPS cost in a single day easy

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Galactus

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:09:13 AM

cryptonit

I hope when the time comes you will describe in detail each option to prepare and decide which way to choose for yourself.
I just do not know these things ...

I also ask you to give examples of proven services that offer VPS at a reasonable price. I think different countries have different price.

lyfwhw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:10:51 AM

It locks up and i have to end task, stays a a blank screen on windows
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 08:17:10 AM

cryptonit

I hope when the time comes you will describe in detail each option to prepare and decide which way to choose for yourself.

I also ask you to give examples of proven services that offer VPS at a reasonable price. I think different countries have different price.

yes a basic guide on where to order and what options to choose and how to setup the vps would be great, if someone contacts the vps site they sure help when they see alot of potential new costumers, from what ive heard this site is good:

https://contabo.com/?show=vps
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:26:02 AM

cryptonit

yes a basic guide on where to order and what options to choose and how to setup the vps would be great, if someone contacts the vps site they sure help when they see alot of potential new costumers, from what ive heard this site is good:

Yes, I use those guides and setup is very, very simple. You get everything in your first email from them, it s all about inserting user name and pass and connecting to your new VPS.

To put it into perspective, it looks like this. Imagine you have two PCs connected to one single monitor and there is a button which lets you select which source PC to display on your monitor. So you use your home PC and then press that button and connected to that second PC. You see your second desktop, icons, programs, everything. You use your mouse and keyboard to manage both home and second PC which is in this case your VPS machine. The price should be around $10-$12 per month, including Windows. You guys probably spend more electricity running your own staking machines per month.

Very simple, once more, do not worry about it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Galactus

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 08:44:46 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 08:59:30 AM by Galactus

cryptonit

Yes, I use those guides and setup is very, very simple. You get everything in your first email from them, it s all about inserting user name and pass and connecting to your new VPS.

To put it into perspective, it looks like this. Imagine you have two PCs connected to one single monitor and there is a button which lets you select which source PC to display on your monitor. So you use your home PC and then press that button and connected to that second PC. You see your second desktop, icons, programs, everything. You use your mouse and keyboard to manage both home and second PC which is in this case your VPS machine. The price should be around $10-$12 per month, including Windows. You guys probably spend more electricity running your own staking machines per month.

crazyivan

It is desirable to have a service in the native language of communication. Payment methods also matter.

"You guys probably spend more electricity running your own staking machines per month. "
In my country the kilowatt of electricity costs less than 4 cents.
For example, if we have a home server on a computer that consumes no more than 20 watts of energy, then per month it will not be more than 15 kW = 0.5-0.6 $ Smiley
But you need to take into account spending on a dedicated IP and Internet. And I'm worried about security.

By the way it's interesting to know the minimum Internet speed requirements for the server

lislks

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:00:55 AM

cryptonit

About dedicated home IP for MN
I read on one forum that having a dedicated IP you are in fact becoming a potential victim of various attacks with a very high risk.

Having MN and dedicated IP is actually a death sentence for your computer and all your coins.

One user wrote that when the dedicated IP was activated, he had a persistent infection a few minutes later with all known Wana decrypt0r 2.0 worm
While he did not even launch the browser and did not download files from the network!
Yes, it was a vulnerability in Windows and it was able to remove it with the help of Windows updates.
but!
In this situation, I would not have decided to run MN, because the viruses are improving and new ones are appearing.
It is necessary that you come to this issue very seriously!

I think you need to find another solution for dedicated IP for Windows users.

It will be extremely cruel to lose all of your coins because of this dedicated IP.

This is a normal solution.
For a dedicated IP, there is always an alternative.
These are paid proxy addresses or VPN, VPS service

I'm talking about a home server on Windows 7 or 10
Need a detailed step-by-step plan on what to do
Personally, I've never encountered vpn, vps

VPS s an option, very easy to set up, basically it s like accessing another computer via Teamviewer. You see another screen with everything you install on that machine, including any security software you might require. It s quite cheap and something I really like to use.

Do not worry about this, there will be a detailed guide prepared for all this. DMD team highly value our community, that s why this coin is strong and it will become even stronger. Nobody will be left behind. Just make sure to acquire and store every single coin you can. We ve doubled in price in a period of about a year time. I m sure we ll do this again.....and again!
vp说 is very hard to me Embarrassed
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:25:40 AM

If for some reason you can not contain Masternode, then you can always receive income from POS minting.
Just like you are doing now.
So do not be upset because of this.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Galactus

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:32:06 AM

If for some reason you can not contain Masternode, then you can always receive income from POS minting.

Then it is interesting to know what will be the difference in income between MN and POS?

shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:54:17 AM

Then it is interesting to know what will be the difference in income between MN and POS?

As far as I know, there will be a certain competition for the award between MN and POS.
Ie if the MN number in the network is small, then the reward from MN will be more than POS (provided that in your wallet exactly 10k DMD).
But if you have more then 20k DMD in your wallet then your POS income will in any case be higher than one MN.
The remaining details will be published on the 13th.

Telescopium

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Diamond good coin

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:58:54 AM

O_o I see finally the diamond will go to 100% POS, this is great news  Smiley

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 11:14:17 AM

a example of a experienced cloudmining user who
use small reinvestments to keep his whole amount of shares
in the x5 shareboost for below 100% ROI accounts

---------------------------------

DMD MULTIPOOL / DMD CLOUDMINING
Visit us:  cloudmining.bit.diamonds

redistributed over 328000 DMD! between its users!
yes thats ~15% of total coins!

---------------------

---------------------------------------------------------
ROI Boost enabled now:
All accounts who didnt reach ROI 100%
will be boosted with x5 sharepower!
--------------------------------------------------------

(https://cloudmining.bit.diamonds/ log in with DMD Address and activate settings area to enable buy shares mode)

NO Electricity Bills                                
  NO Maintenance                                    
    NO Heat                                                
      NO Noise                                              
        NO Timesink                                        
          NO Complicated technology                
            NO Quickly decreasing mining rewards

Join DMD Cloudmining
     -> EARN DMD EACH DAY!

YES!

(additional DMD Cloudmining shares qualify for DMD Reactor  payouts!

Visit us:  cloudmining.bit.diamonds
terms & conditions Terms of Service
for questions Email us:
cloud@bit.diamonds

What's the best way join into DMD Diamond and DMD Cloudmining?

I suggest split it as follows:

a) 50% on buying Diamonds directly
https://www.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-DMD

b) 50% in Diamond Cloud Mining.
https://cloudmining.bit.diamonds

This way I could achieve both maximizing the profit and stabilizing the coin.
 Diamond Cloud Mining can earn Diamonds every day, those Diamonds stake with 25% PoS interest.
 Some would call that Double PoS or simply PoS² (Proof of Shares and Proof of Stake).

Step by Step guide how to buy shares is at FAQ section on https://cloudmining.bit.diamonds/

I am not a Registered Investment Advisor, Broker/Dealer, Financial Analyst, Financial Bank, Securities Broker or Financial Planner. The Information is provided for information purposes only. The Information is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice or any other advice, is general in nature and not specific to you. Before using this information to make an investment decision, you should seek the advice of a qualified and registered securities professional and undertake your own due diligence. None of the information is intended as investment advice, as an offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or as a recommendation, endorsement, or sponsorship of any security, Company, or fund. DMD Diamond is not a regulated investment vehicle. DMD Diamond, like all crypto currencies, is experimental in nature and should be considered and treated with appropriate caution. There is no central point of control or representative entity, DMD Diamond is a distributed decentralized peer-to-peer currency and commodity. Consult a licensed professional financial advisor before making any investment decisions. I am not responsible for any investment decision made by you. You are responsible for your own investment research and investment decisions.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 12:58:54 PM

and it happens again
all the cheap DMD sucked up
it seems to be a pattern to leave buyoirderbook fill a few days then suck it empty
seems this pond got a few more big fish inside
lets see how the price will react once there not enough DMD for them all

davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:08:20 PM

cryptonit

WOW... No - not simple.

Take some time to read some of the horror stories from the Dash forum, and "Tao's" setup methods.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated-for-12-1.2680/#post-25672

Using Linux/Unix for a masternode is probably the most secure method, and will need an experienced sysadmin to setup.

1) You could easily do this at home with 5x5 internet connection with a static IP, costing around $40 per month USD.
1a) Any compute instance provider like RackSpace, Joyent or Linode and also do this for $10-$20 per month.
2) You need experience with iptables to mitigate DDoS attacks.
3) You need experience with log scraping so you can block attackers.
3a) The Diamond wallet/protocol utilizes a stated IP connection, which is resource intensive to monitor.
There may be a way to monitor with stateful inspection, but, iptables isn't very flexible in this area.

I idea is to have the 10000 DMD "sequestered" in a more secure wallet that periodically checks-in with a live instance that does all the transaction processing.
Great idea, unless I kick the live instance in the nut-sac 1000 times a second - effectively wasting your time and money.

Point is, you can't hide the live instance - THAT'S THE WHOLE IDEA.

I will be setting-up at least one node when the documentation (and DMD 3.0 source) is made available.
PM me if you'd like shares.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 09:56:03 PM

I idea is to have the 10000 DMD "sequestered" in a more secure wallet that periodically checks-in with a live instance that does all the transaction processing.
Great idea, unless I kick the live instance in the nut-sac 1000 times a second - effectively wasting your time and money.

u just need a 3$ VPS and u dont need max security because the node have no coins inside
the wallet that really have the coins just must be online a short time to start the masternode then it can go offline again
the control wallet need no static IP and dont need to stay online
can be hidden as good as u can hide it

with this kind of masternode setup u can control and start multiple masternodes
with 1 high security controll wallet (that really hold coins)

and for each MN a low security public visible 24// online MN

basically how it work is the controllMN wallet with the ral coins start the MN in network is able provide the proof of coins and have all required keys
but it state that it operate and at the IP of the workingMN VPS

so after start the MN the controll wallet can go offline and the online empty MN will continue to handle the work

this is no exploit of the system its perfect fine and secure

because if the controll wallet would move the 10k DMD then the workingMN would also be seen as invalid MN

so u cant trick the system but u can run save MNs 24/7 because in fact they are empty on their local wallet.dat is no coins
even the rewards it earns arrive at real MN

if u set up and provide such a service to host the MN for people who dont want to care
and just remote control start stop MN with their control wallet then i think this will be a great service that find a lot user

but u should have a website that explain all the stuff to ur users and help them to set up the remote control wallet
and which data they must provide u to run the VPS coinless workingMN

u (and others with proper background to able create such a service) invited to join testnet in late testnet state
to prepare yourself if u interested follow up this business idea

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 11:10:24 PM

as clarification when i mean low security i mean iptables and fail2ban is proper configured
ssh non standart port and dont allow root to login via ssh and a proper at least 12 letter password
this is minimum security any linux server should have

davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:14:43 PM

as clarification when i mean low security i mean iptables and fail2ban is proper configured
ssh non standart port and dont allow root to login via ssh and a proper at least 12 letter password
this is minimum security any linux server should have

Yep - among other things Smiley
shveicar
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:30:25 AM

Capitalization of DMD exceeded 2 million $ hurray!  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: