Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:41:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209473 times)
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:08:43 PM

The community has to understand that the Masternode code isn't a simple 'click the mouse, look at the code, then release' type of feature, like patching a bug or adding a checkpoint. It is time consuming and has to be thoroughly checked, especially since it deals directly with coin production. What would happen if the devs released the Masternodes and they didn't work right and the dev couldn't figure out the problem for weeks? Orangecoin would crash hard, possibly permanently. It will be worth the wait. Just keep riding the rollercoaster in the meantime.

I'll give you guys a little something to chew on for a while...
Soon, I will be collecting donations directed to the Contest Fund address in my sig, but you don't have to start donating yet. I'm just letting you all know we have things planned.

You guys can check that address in the richlist at anytime, also.
The community understands.
Halofire could you, please, explain a bit about what is this "Contest Fund", sounds interesting Cheesy

Contest Fund is a fund that will fuel our upcoming contests and promo's. As many of you know, I funded the Art Contest and a few other things with my own OC and with some donations that were sent to me as I was welcomed into the community as admin of ocs.info. I'm definitely not made of Oranges, haha. The Contest Fund address in my sig will be where the community can be involved financially, donations can be sent to it for future contests. You can donate to it at any time, but we will let you guys know when we are actually raising funds. Smiley

The Contest Fund will be transferred to the dev for him to use for OC development if I ever decide to leave OC. I have no intentions of leaving OC, but I have to be transparent with the direction of the Contest Fund.

Currently, the Fund has 15000 OC and again, the community is able to keep tabs on it through the richlist.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:08:22 AM

Don't forget to vote!  Grin

Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:15:08 AM

The community has to understand that the Masternode code isn't a simple 'click the mouse, look at the code, then release' type of feature, like patching a bug or adding a checkpoint. It is time consuming and has to be thoroughly checked, especially since it deals directly with coin production. What would happen if the devs released the Masternodes and they didn't work right and the dev couldn't figure out the problem for weeks? Orangecoin would crash hard, possibly permanently. It will be worth the wait. Just keep riding the rollercoaster in the meantime.

Soon, I will be collecting donations directed to the Contest Fund address in my sig, but you don't have to start donating yet. I'm just letting you all know we have things planned.

Halofire could you, please, explain a bit about what is this "Contest Fund", sounds interesting Cheesy

Contest Fund is a fund that will fuel our upcoming contests and promo's. As many of you know, I funded the Art Contest and a few other things with my own OC and with some donations that were sent to me as I was welcomed into the community as admin of ocs.info. I'm definitely not made of Oranges, haha. The Contest Fund address in my sig will be where the community can be involved financially, donations can be sent to it for future contests. You can donate to it at any time, but we will let you guys know when we are actually raising funds. Smiley

The Contest Fund will be transferred to the dev for him to use for OC development if I ever decide to leave OC. I have no intentions of leaving OC, but I have to be transparent with the direction of the Contest Fund.

Currently, the Fund has 15000 OC and again, the community is able to keep tabs on it through the richlist.

Smiley
It has now 25k OC. Just donated 10k   Smiley
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:27:24 AM

Smiley
It has now 25k OC. Just donated 10k   Smiley

+1 Smiley

Specialkey

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:54:12 AM

Don't forget to vote!  Grin

Voting time  Wink
cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

Just voted  Wink and send a few OC for contest fund  Cheesy
alphaminer21

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:16:53 PM

Honestly, I just find it funny, how OC manages to make the people wait two weeks and just releases without saying much, and then prices goes down.
Is this the new national sport ?
Could there be any information on what are going to be the next steps, is Jim Rambler finished, what are the plans with MN ?
A bit of communication please !

This is not an official announcement, just me talking.
I think ppl were expecting MN in this 1.0.4 release and sold when they saw it wasn't there. I don't know for sure, I am assuming this: Testnet is a step in the verification that the MN and PoS will work correctly as planned.
Thank you Halofire, nice to have a bit of information. This also what I was kind of guessing.
I am just getting sometimes annoyed from the fact that we don't get any precise info.
Those communication tricks are just not appropriated. Would rather hear from OC: " Everything will happen as I want and when I want. For you all, it is then a surprise!" Then, it is clear...
I have the feeling that communicating is not important to OC. I just would like a bit more visibility on what is happening, it is simply healthy for the community to have more information.

The devs made it pretty clear what was coming in 1.0.4.

So many coins out there try to push out features so fast trying to keep the pump going, but building a solid product and delivering that product is what will make OC succeed.

I suggest we move on to what OC has in store once the MN's are out.  This way we have something to look forward to once these MN's are out.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:57:23 PM

We have seen some coins introducing masternodes what not really went smoothly (DRK, CAIX)
In what way, devs can guarantee that Orangecoin will deliver a product what makes OC attractive for investors?

Specialkey

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:44:18 PM

We have seen some coins introducing masternodes what not really went smoothly (DRK, CAIX)
In what way, devs can guarantee that Orangecoin will deliver a product what makes OC attractive for investors?

I think they are not able to guarantee anything but they are very ambious and well skilled. Orangecoin has delivered all time what he had in his mind until now and Jim Rambler shall be very well known in the coin programmer scene. For the third dev. I dont have any knowledge but orangecoin has a pretty good nerwork of skilled people so he although will be fit in his metier.

I guess the system which they deliver will work fine. They deliver quality, which is not so easy to find these days  Wink

bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:50:49 PM

Join us now on Kingcoiny and trade your Orangecoin for only 0.15% right now.

https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=OC

See you soon on Kingcoiny !

Ben
CEO Cryptocoiny Limited
Kingcoiny is a trademark of Cryptocoiny Limited.
Specialkey

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:49:46 PM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Don't forget to vote @ Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Mintpal!
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://poloniex.com/voting

Come on over to orangecoins.info/forum/ for the latest updates on everything Orange!
 Smiley Be sure to upgrade to 1.0.4. Smiley
Stop by and check out the giveaways, bounties, paid referral program and more...!

We're on IRC! #orangecoindev

Do you have something to add to Orangecoin? A service or merchandise, perhaps?
Inquire with Orangecoin or myself!

Good time for a vote  Grin
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:25:56 PM

Every time I get burned by one of these new "flash" in the pan dev's who ditch their coins (sometimes in the first day's of a coins existence) I ened up buying a few more Oranges to make me feel better about crypto land again Cheesy

this past week alone... wvs, neb, flash all seem to have dev's MIA with miners/investors left holding the bag wondering wtf to do now. every time it happens it'll make a solid coin that has been steady the whole time like OC look that much more appealing to investors Smiley

people who want to chase pump and dumps all day in the market will buy the latest thing and people who want a solid coin with longevity in mind will buy OC Cheesy

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
MCOnyx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:38:17 PM

Every time I get burned by one of these new "flash" in the pan dev's who ditch their coins (sometimes in the first day's of a coins existence) I ened up buying a few more Oranges to make me feel better about crypto land again Cheesy

this past week alone... wvs, neb, flash all seem to have dev's MIA with miners/investors left holding the bag wondering wtf to do now. every time it happens it'll make a solid coin that has been steady the whole time like OC look that much more appealing to investors Smiley

people who want to chase pump and dumps all day in the market will buy the latest thing and people who want a solid coin with longevity in mind will buy OC Cheesy

Couldn't agree more, I'm a lousy trader, new at this and still learning. Last 2 months I just keep loosing money or making bad choices, last one being SilkCoin (still hoping it takes off).
But I mined through whole POW phase of OC and whenever i have spare satoshis i buy some too. POS has been working great and getting some more there too.
Don't have much, around 50k, cause only 2 GPUs for mining and like I said bad decisions keep bleeding out any earnings. But I really believe OrangeCoin will be my first good decision in months. Smiley

VidioShare:  VHQRWnpV2MX9WBEnR5NbF4D2gqfkAZbW1H

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QWfwFHPJ2GMnW5cMCY6RA7vkfQsBS1P4aL
Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. StF84GSmES8FSNQdTdhse95CdEYrngdro9
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:56:10 PM

Snip

Exactly Fonz!

cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:15:23 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 11:56:16 PM by cryptoba

OC has really got it's own  rythm. And, this is actually helping us at the moment in this crazy, hard and fast altcoin market.
Still, it is possible to succeed. Especially, if you invested in OC. Orangecoin, our Dev, has got his own tempo and he seems to know what he is doing.
Orangecoin is protecting OC to go to high to quick and then being  nastly dumped.
Making a big pump is not complicated, what is complicated is to stay at the top. I think Orangecoin wants to achieve a sustainable growth, a real growth which will bring OC at the top and help it stay there. And this means a lot of hard work to deliver a quality coin  and being patient.
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:48:01 AM

Vote!

multipoolcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:00:36 AM

Vote!

do we have ETA for MasterNode RELEASE?
Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 05:52:56 AM

Vote!

do we have ETA for MasterNode RELEASE?

Not yet. Smiley

Specialkey

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:04:23 AM

Welcome To
ⓄⓇⒶⓃⒼⒺⒸⓄⒾⓃ

Don't forget to vote @ Cryptsy, Poloniex, and Mintpal!
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://poloniex.com/voting

Come on over to orangecoins.info/forum/ for the latest updates on everything Orange!
 Smiley Be sure to upgrade to 1.0.4. Smiley
Stop by and check out the giveaways, bounties, paid referral program and more...!

We're on IRC! #orangecoindev

Do you have something to add to Orangecoin? A service or merchandise, perhaps?
Inquire with Orangecoin or myself!

Good time for a vote  Grin
Specialkey

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:17:53 AM

OC has really got it's own  rythm. And, this is actually helping us at the moment in this crazy, hard and fast altcoin market.
Still, it is possible to succeed. Especially, if you invested in OC. Orangecoin, our Dev, has got his own tempo and he seems to know what he is doing.
Orangecoin is protecting OC to go to high to quick and then being  nastly dumped.
Making a big pump is not complicated, what is complicated is to stay at the top. I think Orangecoin wants to achieve a sustainable growth, a real growth which will bring OC at the top and help it stay there. And this means a lot of hard work to deliver a quality coin  and being patient.

+1 Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: