Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209473 times)
btcMagnet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:31:55 AM

First off thank you all for the input!!! It's been a long 4 days and many great points have been brought up.

After many numbers have been crunched it looks like the great majority of us, are happy with 10% of the PoS reward amount being added to a Masternode reward payout. Also it looks to be majority of us are happy with that amount coming off the length of reward handouts, leaving PoS the way it is. So based on 4 days and 11 pages of post, this is what the new model would look like.

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
Flat  PoS  2.5%  MN 0.25%
For a total of 41 years
No offence Jim but What this post above really says is....
all you investors out there that have been follow this discussion
better speak up now if you don't want these Mnode 10x plus HONEY POTS set up,
bleeding you 24/7 for the next 40-45 years, just like in the bankster hives.

Just wondering what it will cost to operate a MN for a year?  Maybe what... 100 bucks a year?
(not counting investing in OC since that is not an expense but a wise investment which creates a tangible and liquid asset)

Notice Jim thinks 6 figures a year is a perfectly reasonable price for MNs.  
If you don't think so better say it NOW!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jim_Rambler

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:07:50 AM

First off thank you all for the input!!! It's been a long 4 days and many great points have been brought up.

After many numbers have been crunched it looks like the great majority of us, are happy with 10% of the PoS reward amount being added to a Masternode reward payout. Also it looks to be majority of us are happy with that amount coming off the length of reward handouts, leaving PoS the way it is. So based on 4 days and 11 pages of post, this is what the new model would look like.

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
For a total of 41 years

Just wondering what it will cost to operate a MN for a year?  Maybe what... 100 bucks a year?
(not counting investing in OC since that is not an expense but a wise investment which creates a tangible and liquid asset)

Well we can see your not happy, however this is how it will be and it will better the whole community.

Your off base and seem not to have read some of the post above, I'm just not sure.
I just can't keep showing you numbers and examples you that PoS will earn a lot more. To have you keep coming up with this 6 figure thing that no one can tell where you got it from. You made it up and you keep putting it in all our faces like it's real. I hate to say this but I'm not so sure your not working for another coin right now trying to drive down Oarngecoins price with unreal claims. I'm sure this may upset you but I had my doubt about your new account. However I just figured you created your account on June 7th because you watched the forum but never had a reason until now to post here. Or you made a new account to separate your post here from another coin you support, as well as supporting OC. I'm sure I'm wrong and sorry if I am but, your using classic by the book manipulation tactics. Which just may be you wanting your voice heard.

Ok one last thing about this 6 figure thing, if MN are getting 6 figures for sending Anonymous transactions, then PoS are getting 7 figures for sending just plan old transactions. So once again not sure what your trying to say, hope I'm wrong I spent a lot of time answering your post.   
Halofire

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:29:45 AM

Does anyone else have anything they'd like to add before this get really finalized? Last chance!

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:00:21 AM

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
For a total of 41 years

Well we can see your not happy, however this is how it will be and it will better the whole community.

Your off base and seem not to have read some of the post above, I'm just not sure.
I just can't keep showing you numbers and examples you that PoS will earn a lot more. To have you keep coming up with this 6 figure thing that no one can tell where you got it from. You made it up and you keep putting it in all our faces like it's real. I hate to say this but I'm not so sure your not working for another coin right now trying to drive down Oarngecoins price with unreal claims. I'm sure this may upset you but I had my doubt about your new account. However I just figured you created your account on June 7th because you watched the forum but never had a reason until now to post here. Or you made a new account to separate your post here from another coin you support, as well as supporting OC. I'm sure I'm wrong and sorry if I am but, your using classic by the book manipulation tactics. Which just may be you wanting your voice heard.

Ok one last thing about this 6 figure thing, if MN are getting 6 figures for sending Anonymous transactions, then PoS are getting 7 figures for sending just plan old transactions. So once again not sure what your trying to say, hope I'm wrong I spent a lot of time answering your post.   

i have said nothing here to detract from oc value, while other have said destructive things i wont even repeat.

but maybe if you succeed in discrediting me you can go back to the 20% plan.

well with black at 16 cents a coin, even if Orange does only half as well, these 1st year 1 million coins in your 10% plan will cost the holders $80,000 worth of Orange.
[math below]
(Personally i think oc will do better than half of black.)

$0.16 div 2 = $0.08 x 1000000 = $80,000

anyway i don't think it is up to you, We can only hope who ever finally runs the show has more long range biz sense than to litter orange with a 45-year string of honey pots, regardless of what other coins have done or what this gang of MN-miners want.
Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:07:32 AM

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
For a total of 41 years

i have said nothing here to detract from oc value, while other have said destructive things i wont even repeat.

well with black at 16 cents a coin, even if Orange does only half as well, these 1st year 1 million coins in your 10% plan will cost the holders $80,000 worth of Orange.
[math below]
(Personally i think oc will do better than half of black.)

$0.16 div 2 = $0.08 x 1000000 = $80,000

anyway i don't think it is up to you, We can only hope who ever finally runs the show has more long range biz sense than to litter orange with a 45-year string of honey pots, regardless of what other coins have done or what this gang of MN-miners want.

Thank you for clearing this up, your point has been Noted
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:55:04 AM

wow you guy's have been busy Smiley looks like I have some reading to catch up on.

just a warning to anyone who may have btc or OC on that coiny exchange... you might want to read this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=522849.new#new

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Specialkey

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 07:24:23 AM

Does anyone else have anything they'd like to add before this get really finalized? Last chance!

As you experts have checked out every possibility.

I am good with your results.

Good work.

Thx. Grin
Insomniac8

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:42:09 AM

I think it sounds reasonable so far, I do have a couple of questions though.
It was mentioned before that a static IP is required. I guess this is because an address needs to be provided so it can be added to the config file.
Is it possible instead to have a domain name that tracks a dynamic IP? Or must it be static?
Also, someone mentioned that DDOS protection would be required as the nodes would be targetted. Is this just an assumption or has this been proven to be the case from other coins that have masternodes set up?
What is the real risk in hosting a node on a server used for other perposes?
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

It was mentioned before that a static IP is required. I guess this is because an address needs to be provided so it can be added to the config file.
Is it possible instead to have a domain name that tracks a dynamic IP? Or must it be static?
Also, someone mentioned that DDOS protection would be required as the nodes would be targetted. Is this just an assumption or has this been proven to be the case from other coins that have masternodes set up?

+1 for sure, great questions

as for the numbers Specialkey said what I was thinking Wink

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
Specialkey

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:40:17 PM

+1.  Grin

If you a ready with your decision, please post  a nice and professionell announcment  Wink
Specialkey

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:42:02 PM

+1.  Grin

If you a ready with your decision, please post  a nice and professionell announcement  Wink
Volume needs to go up a bit  Wink
Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:12:06 PM

Orangecoin Masternodes

Ok everyone its official the new specifications are as follows.

year 1:  PoS  20%   MN 2%
year 2:  PoS  10%   MN 1%
year 3:  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
year 4:  PoS  2.5%  MN 0.25%

(this rate is Continuous until 200 million coins has been reached, about 41 years)

MN (masternode) coin requirement is exactly 2,000 OrangeCoins  
cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:34:45 PM

Orangecoin Masternodes

Ok everyone its official the new specifications are as follo100ws.

(this rate is Continuous until 200 million coins has been reached, about 41 years)

We want an official announcement, this isn't. I am annoyed, we have got a great coin and are losing time with bad communication, and it's not so much to present things a bit better

We need more than those 4 lines with specifications. What is Orangecoin thinking, trying to win time again.

I have been waiting long enough, I want to have dates ! I want to know when new wallet will be released and when will be able to start with Masternodes

Tell Orangecoin  to do better communication.
Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:06:37 PM

Orangecoin Masternodes

We want an official announcement, this isn't. I am annoyed, we have got a great coin and are losing time with bad communication, and it's not so much to present things a bit better

We need more than those 4 lines with specifications. What is Orangecoin thinking, trying to win time again.

I have been waiting long enough, I want to have dates ! I want to know when new wallet will be released and when will be able to start with Masternodes

Guys try and understand that the last 5 days I have gotten 13 hours of sleep trying to keep up with a 24hr running forum. Me and Oarngecoin have shared the same views and communicated with each other. I have sent him a message to update the main page, and when he wakes up I'm sure he will. However nothing will be changing until Masternodes are up, and that won't be for a week or so. I'm not going to promise a date yet, their is testing and more work still before I can promise a date that I feel IS true. The closer we get to it working the more we will update this.
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:25:34 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 04:22:45 PM by btcMagnet

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
For a total of 41 years

i have said nothing here to detract from oc value, while other have suggested destructive things i wont even repeat.

well with black at 16 cents a coin, even if Orange does only half as well:
this 1st year of 1 million coins in your 10% plan will cost the holders $80,000 worth of Orange.  
Just wondering what it will cost to operate a MN?  Maybe what... 100 bucks a year?

The 20% plan that this MN-miner gang tried to get ratified would have cost investors $160,000 a month, instead of the $80,000 a month we are being threatened with now.

[math below]
(Personally i think oc will do far better than half of black.)

$0.16 div 2 = $0.08 x 1000000 OC = $80,000

anyway i don't think it is up to you, or these other... all trying to set up a string of cash cow MNs before anyone besides me actually understands these numbers. We can only hope that whoever finally runs the show here has more long range biz sense than to litter orange with a 45-year string of 24/7 blood-sucking honey pots, regardless of what other coins have done or what this gang of MN-miners want.
Jim_Rambler

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:22:29 PM

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
For a total of 41 years

i have said nothing here to detract from oc value, while other have suggested destructive things i wont even repeat.

well with black at 16 cents a coin, even if Orange does only half as well,
this 1st year of 1 million coins in your 10% plan will cost the holders $80,000 worth of Orange.  
Just wondering what it will cost to operate a MN?  Maybe what... 100 bucks a year?

The 20% plan that this MN-miner gang tried to get ratified would have cost investors $160,000 a month, instead of the $80,000 a month we are being threatened with now.

[math below]

anyway i don't think it is up to you, or these other... all trying to set up a string of cash cow MNs before anyone besides me actually understands these numbers. We can only hope that whoever finally runs the show here has more long range biz sense than to litter orange with a 45-year string of 24/7 blood-sucking honey pots, regardless of what other coins have done or what this gang of MN-miners want.

Ok we will go over this one more time for you then of you still don't understand then, I will be forced to take a step back from replying to you. I will try my best to remain available today for the rest of the community, I'm on my mobile that's why I say try.

Ok the MN reward will be set at a constant 10% of the PoS reward. That will allow for a 10% growth in the number of MN with every growth in Total coins in circulation. So that MN have the proper amount of coins held in them to keep it all secure. Now does this mean as the coin price raises so does the value of the MN reward? YES!! What it also means it the value of your wallet grows, and the value of the PoS rewards grow. The more coins in circulation the more coins needed in masternodes, which is controlled by the reward amount increasing allowing more masternodes to open. This is done on a small constant 0.25% by year 4.
cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

Orangecoin Masternodes

Guys try and understand that the last 5 days I have gotten 13 hours of sleep trying to keep up with a 24hr running forum. Me and Oarngecoin have shared the same views and communicated with each other. I have sent him a message to update the main page, and when he wakes up I'm sure he will. However nothing will be changing until Masternodes are up, and that won't be for a week or so. I'm not going to promise a date yet, their is testing and more work still before I can promise a date that I feel IS true. The closer we get to it working the more we will update this.
Hi Jim,
First, I hope you  did not take it personnaly. I am sure you have been working hard and this is great to ear. I just thought after 4-5 days of discussion we should have made a different announcement, with more infos inside.
Our understanding is depending on the info we get. There, are others out there and I do not want them to lose track or faith.
Especially when something great will soon come out.

Best wishes and thank you for your hard work  Wink
btcMagnet

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:42:35 PM

yr1  PoS  20%   MN 2%
yr2  PoS  10%   MN 1%
yr3  PoS    5%   MN 0.5%
For a total of 41 years

well with black at 16 cents a coin, even if Orange does only half as well,

[math below]

Ok we will go over this one more time for you then of you still don't understand then, I will be forced to take a step back from replying to you. I will try my best to remain available today for the rest of the community, I'm on my mobile that's why I say try.

Ok the MN reward will be set at a constant 10% of the PoS reward. That will allow for a 10% growth in the number of MN with every growth in Total coins in circulation. So that MN have the proper amount of coins held in them to keep it all secure. Now does this mean as the coin price raises so does the value of the MN reward? YES!! What it also means it the value of your wallet grows, and the value of the PoS rewards grow. The more coins in circulation the more coins needed in masternodes, which is controlled by the reward amount increasing allowing more masternodes to open. This is done on a small constant 0.25% by year 4.
first i don't care if you stop replying to me, you don't address my concerns anyway.

second none of what you say above justifies overpaying on this absurd scale.

third the only ppl talking on this thread besides me are obviously planning to set up nodes, their objectivity is questionable at best.

finally you can't set up a 45 year payment plan in a currency that you know will go up dramatically, but dont know how high; unless you are one of the ppl getting paid by this plan, then this absurd idea would make sense to you.   Which is what we so obviously have here.

Rainer4256

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:47:48 PM

finally you can't set up a 45 year payment plan in a currency that you know will go up dramatically, but dont know how high; unless you are one of the ppl getting paid by this plan, then this absurd idea would make sense to you.
Going up dramatically? I don't think we even reach 1 cent by the end of the year.

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:49:09 PM

$80k will be divided among all the Mnodes in year 1. Yes. It's incentive to get nodes up and running and permanent. It's the pay of one person in real life, that we are splitting up for, say, 100 nodes. $800 per person  per year 1....  $67 per node per month. It's worth it to get the price up to pay next year's nodes.

If you are concerned with ppl getting overpaid, then buy some nodes Wink
If you are concerned with dilution, buy some nodes to increase your returns to afford the dilution.

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: