Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:16:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OC] Orangecoin ★★ POS ★★ Anon Transactions ★★ Masternodes  (Read 209490 times)
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:43:58 PM

Alright, let's discuss the Mac wallet.

If we'd like, I can pay upfront for the Mac wallet from the development fund and we can replenish the fund via donations, if people choose to donate. This is why we have this fund and me managing it like so. I think this is the easiest way and doesn't require any additional addresses.

Thoughts?

YES, some of us can pay for the wallet in OC, so that the MAC wallet developer really becomes interested in the coin and will be willing to do future updates.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:58:50 PM

If we'd like, I can pay upfront for the Mac wallet from the development fund and we can replenish the fund via donations, if people choose to donate. This is why we have this fund and me managing it like so. I think this is the easiest way and doesn't require any additional addresses.

Thoughts?

YES, some of us can pay for the wallet in OC, so that the MAC wallet developer really becomes interested in the coin and will be willing to do future updates.

I agree John. And speaking of developing... How's Soopy? Feeling Better? How Does he feel about this Mac Wallet? Also I am in conversation with a couple people talking about noding..... BIG THINGS COMING! One from Dash, and Another from BUCKS
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:53:21 AM

Thoughts?

I agree John. And speaking of developing... How's Soopy? Feeling Better? How Does he feel about this Mac Wallet? Also I am in conversation with a couple people talking about noding..... BIG THINGS COMING! One from Dash, and Another from BUCKS

I got word that the Mac wallet project is a 'go', that we can buy it. So Raven, do you want to continue the deal with jan since you've been speaking with jan already and send me an address to send the 20k OC to once you are all ready, or I can speak with the dev myself. Makes no difference to me.

Questions for Mac dev:
-How long after the release will the dev support the client for bugs and/or soft updates to OC code?
-What functionality will we get for the asking price? Will it mirror Soopy's wallet functionality, at the least?
-Open-source?

I would ask about the devs coding Orangegroves later on, but I'd think that would be another charge since we don't have any code ready to be incorporated. Besides, we're not ready for MN yet. We'd need to find code and insert it, testnet a few rounds, and figure what we'd use the MN for. Long road ahead of us in this respect. We should start discussing what we want to do with them as we figure out when we can get them coded. Let's just worry about getting some Mac users back in the game for now. Smiley

Also Raven, didn't you say you were working on the twitter account or something, circa when you contacted coinmarketcap?
No matter what, we should have a new twitter and facebook before we submit so we have working social media in the wallet if the Mac dev can mirror soopy's wallet. Soopy's idea was great, I love it -- except it's linked with inactive/dead media accounts....  but that's all good since that's a probably simple rewrite of a line of code per link, just a guess though. Actually, need to know if Soopy linked those dead links for a reason or just to fill in the blanks. These media outlets usually run themselves, not much time is needed to keep up, but the more time one invests, the better it is.

------------------------------

I hope soopy is ok, too!!!!  Cry Cry

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:10:02 PM

Thoughts?

I got word that the Mac wallet project is a 'go', that we can buy it. So Raven, do you want to continue the deal with jan since you've been speaking with jan already and send me an address to send the 20k OC to once you are all ready, or I can speak with the dev myself. Makes no difference to me.

Questions for Mac dev:
-How long after the release will the dev support the client for bugs and/or soft updates to OC code?
-What functionality will we get for the asking price? Will it mirror Soopy's wallet functionality, at the least?
-Open-source?

I would ask about the devs coding Orangegroves later on, but I'd think that would be another charge since we don't have any code ready to be incorporated. Besides, we're not ready for MN yet. We'd need to find code and insert it, testnet a few rounds, and figure what we'd use the MN for. Long road ahead of us in this respect. We should start discussing what we want to do with them as we figure out when we can get them coded. Let's just worry about getting some Mac users back in the game for now. Smiley

Also Raven, didn't you say you were working on the twitter account or something, circa when you contacted coinmarketcap?
No matter what, we should have a new twitter and facebook before we submit so we have working social media in the wallet if the Mac dev can mirror soopy's wallet. Soopy's idea was great, I love it -- except it's linked with inactive/dead media accounts....  but that's all good since that's a probably simple rewrite of a line of code per link, just a guess though. Actually, need to know if Soopy linked those dead links for a reason or just to fill in the blanks. These media outlets usually run themselves, not much time is needed to keep up, but the more time one invests, the better it is.

------------------------------

I hope soopy is ok, too!!!!  Cry Cry

I tried Contacting Twatter to get a hold of the Orangecoin Handle but they have not gotten back to me on that subject I will try again here in a little bit, or I might just call them. As for the Mac wallet I will get a hold of @jan and start that process ASAP. And as for Soopy's links they can be easily changed but let us let Soopy get better ( We all hope you make a speedy recovery  Wink Wink ) so he can change his code. But in the mean time if we can Make a Facebook or even reclaim that... With the policies that Facebook has in place these days and the fact that we have taken over the project. This is a tall order, it might even require to actually CALLING Facebook. I have noticed there is a Reddit for OC, again ownership need to be reclaimed. I have posted updated links on the reddit and even created a thread under cryptocurrency Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/3gq388/orangecoin_oc_on_bittrex_is_back_and_rebooted/

So With that said there's an update of what I have been doing behind the scenes, Halo I will forward @jan those questions Also i feel if we are paying for this... we should get to know the Dev of the Mac wallet.... I really do not want us to destroy OC by implementing a broken wallet or errors in the chain if the Wallet is coded wrongly. But @jan seems reliable, and has a trustworthy interest in OC so we'll just have to wait and C! -I love word play...

Let me know if i need to Add more or feel free to chime in and up vote the reddit post!

Cheers!

-Raven
Follow me on Twatter @rfarrow7886 and Reddit: MjrRaven
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:19:11 PM

And i have notice on chainz that the chain hasn't moved for +30MIN!??? What's going on?
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:36:11 PM

And i have notice on chainz that the chain hasn't moved for +30MIN!??? What's going on?
Chain is moving alright.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:36:34 PM

Raven, you the man. Really!! Great job!

As far as jan's dev, I think it may be Mystphyx. Just a guess though. If that's the case, we should be alright. He seemed legit.

Reddit: Again, good job. This is your territory though, I never had a reddit account as stated before (and I really don't want one, lol)
Twitter: Cool
FB: If there was a way to make an email account without using hidemyass, I'd go ahead and make all of the accounts we need, but gmail and yahoo are not allowing me to make another email without adding a cell phone to verify. Otherwise I would have already made all of these accounts by now.

I added you to my twitter.

About the wallet, that's why I'd like it to be open source. I will search through the git as best I can. Don't have the Mac Dev release anything publicly until/before you test it. You are the one protecting any Mac users investments, like I've been doing for Windows, including me grilling soopy when he first came on board. I had no idea who he was at first... Cheesy
Rather be safe than sorry.

I'll throw theymos a PM in the next few days when I get a chance and ask him about the OP account here. I've been in the OC community long enough, he may go for it. I've been thinking about doing this for months anyway. Now more time has elapsed, and OCdev's time (since he logged in last) has extended to a year now.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:45:07 PM

Raven, you the man. Really!! Great job!

As far as jan's dev, I think it may be Mystphyx. Just a guess though. If that's the case, we should be alright. He seemed legit.

Reddit: Again, good job. This is your territory though, I never had a reddit account as stated before (and I really don't want one, lol)
Twitter: Cool
FB: If there was a way to make an email account without using hidemyass, I'd go ahead and make all of the accounts we need, but gmail and yahoo are not allowing me to make another email without adding a cell phone to verify. Otherwise I would have already made all of these accounts by now.

I added you to my twitter.

About the wallet, that's why I'd like it to be open source. I will search through the git as best I can. Don't have the Mac Dev release anything publicly until/before you test it. You are the one protecting any Mac users investments, like I've been doing for Windows, including me grilling soopy when he first came on board. I had no idea who he was at first... Cheesy
Rather be safe than sorry.

I'll throw theymos a PM in the next few days when I get a chance and ask him about the OP account here. I've been in the OC community long enough, he may go for it. I've been thinking about doing this for months anyway. Now more time has elapsed, and OCdev's time (since he logged in last) has extended to a year now.

We are willing to pay the Orangecoin MacWallet Dev in OC. We are also waiting for soopy to come back.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:22:09 PM

In other news of late,

2 people have come to me in a PM about additional PR and or/services.

The first, I was asked to do a web-radio interview about OC via supernet radio: https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio
I declined for now, I want to figure out more where OC is going before I even thought about doing this. Also, I don't have a microphone, let alone a quality microphone.
If anyone wants to do this interview, be my guest. Otherwise, I'm going to wait until we get even more stabilized and directive in our quest to succeed. Right now, it's more of a "we don't know where we are heading yet" theme in my head. I truly don't think I'm the right person to do this, PR people usually know how to "talk up" their product using key words like "exciting" etc, etc.

The other was an invite to a crypto-currency forum which was started around January 2015. Pretty much another btctalk or cct. If we want more exposure, we can sign up, just protect yourselves (IP addresses) as normal. There is an evaluation process we'd have to go through. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1150290.0

This reminded me of our other OC account at cct.
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/10667-orangecoin-oc-information/
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/10488-pre-annoc-orangecoin-limited-pow-distribution-launched/
Thing is, cct OC thread was not very active, at any time. Imo, btctalk is the forum to use. When people need to find us when bctalk goes down, I'm on twitter and so is Raven, and there's the website, orangecoin.weebly.com, which I would put a "news flash" in the first page in if we needed urgent info released. I can provide a forum in the website, I don't know how secure weebly is for something like that. I'll poke around weebly.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:36:32 PM

While I was looking for my first post in this thread, look what I found:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.msg6428020#msg6428020

Seems Mystphyx has been around for a while. Smiley

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:48:05 PM

Nice wallpaper for the people.

Found this while digging, I liked it, so bumped it.

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:29:02 PM

Here's what I wrote to theymos, I used some of you for contacts for references. Apologies if I overstepped without asking, but I honestly think you guys would back me up.

Hello Theymos,

I know you are a busy person, I'll keep this short and sweet as possible.

Orangecoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.0
OP account of thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=319690

Basically, our dev disappeared one year ago in July, 2014. Scammed. Our coin was able to perform fine without creating a new thread for the last year, but now we have updates and different client versions we need to post in the OP.

I have been with orangecoin since April 28th, 2014, page 12. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.msg6432740#msg6432740.
I have been very active posting and became the community liason and the community "glue" which I feel is the reason OC is still alive today. I have been the treasurer of our development fund since July of 2014 (I can provide the first tx in the fund if needed as proof), and provider of our new website orangecoin.weebly.com. I was appointed the position of admin of our old forum by "OC dev" himself in May 2014, but hosting went down a long time ago for that forum/website. The last known whereabouts of OCdev was around August 10th, 2014 at github. So it's been a year with no signs of life.

Character References from the forum posts from around 1 year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.msg7150581#msg7150581

Character references from current:
raven7886: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=323938
Greedyjohn: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=222562
soopy452000 (NAV dev): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=158610
More references available upon request.

So my question for you: Is it possible to give me access to the OP account or should I make a new OP? We would rather keep the old thread alive than start a new thread.

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers,
-Halofire

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 06:34:25 PM

Chain is moving alright.

275643   1 hour 58 minutes    2   228.337397 OC   0.3461   Proof of Stake
275642   2 hours 48 minutes    2   758.412602 OC   0.3330   Proof of Stake

Must of been a fluke, no one staking or something. But the chain is advancing just fine now.

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:26:09 PM

While I was looking for my first post in this thread, look what I found:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.msg6428020#msg6428020

Seems Mystphyx has been around for a while. Smiley

Yeah I remember him from XBC and LTCD, I wasn't involved as much as I am now. We had reached out to him to make other Mac OS X Wallets. The main question is though for him is.....

"Is this a copy paste wallet?"

-Raven
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:27:57 PM

Here's what I wrote to theymos, I used some of you for contacts for references. Apologies if I overstepped without asking, but I honestly think you guys would back me up.

Hello Theymos,

I know you are a busy person, I'll keep this short and sweet as possible.

Orangecoin thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.0
OP account of thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=319690

Basically, our dev disappeared one year ago in July, 2014. Scammed. Our coin was able to perform fine without creating a new thread for the last year, but now we have updates and different client versions we need to post in the OP.

I have been with orangecoin since April 28th, 2014, page 12. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.msg6432740#msg6432740.
I have been very active posting and became the community liason and the community "glue" which I feel is the reason OC is still alive today. I have been the treasurer of our development fund since July of 2014 (I can provide the first tx in the fund if needed as proof), and provider of our new website orangecoin.weebly.com. I was appointed the position of admin of our old forum by "OC dev" himself in May 2014, but hosting went down a long time ago for that forum/website. The last known whereabouts of OCdev was around August 10th, 2014 at github. So it's been a year with no signs of life.

Character References from the forum posts from around 1 year ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.msg7150581#msg7150581

Character references from current:
raven7886: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=323938
Greedyjohn: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=222562
soopy452000 (NAV dev): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=158610
More references available upon request.

So my question for you: Is it possible to give me access to the OP account or should I make a new OP? We would rather keep the old thread alive than start a new thread.

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers,
-Halofire

Well Stated Halo!
raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:33:09 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 07:47:10 PM by raven7886

Here's what I got and sent to Jan:
Hello Jan! How have you been? I would like to talk to your Dev to get to know him and see what he has done. Because we want to move forward with the Mac Wallet but we have some conerns...

Questions for Mac dev:
-What functionality will we get for the asking price?
-Will it mirror Soopy's wallet functionality, at the least?
-Open-source?

We're willing to pay 20k OC to dev OC $1.074 / 1000 = USD $21.48, Let me know when you have an address then i can contact Halo to transfer the funds, once we have the questions answered and had a chat with the Dev. Also we want to establish a Social media grasp by getting our old accounts back. I have been working on this. I have established a Reddit under cryptocurrency https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/3gq388/orangecoin_oc_on_bittrex_is_back_and_rebooted/

Thanks Jan!

-Raven

Hi Raven,
For your questions you can contact MystPhysX.
I have seen the wallet for EnergyCoin in action based on the latest source code.
I personally have only 1000 OC in my original wallet I got in the with mining face.
No funds on Bittrex.
This weekend I go on Holliday for 3 weeks.

Have a nice day.
Jan

Jan Thank you for the information. Does the 20k sound good to you? And maybe we can get you some more of those delicious Oranges before you go on holiday!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:37:06 PM

Hello Jan! How have you been? I would like to talk to your Dev to get to know him and see what he has done. Because we want to move forward with the Mac Wallet but we have some conerns...

Questions for Mac dev:
-Open-source?

We're willing to pay 20k OC to dev OC $1.074 / 1000 = USD $21.48, Let me know when you have an address then i can contact Halo to transfer the funds, once we have the questions answered and had a chat with the Dev. Also we want to establish a Social media grasp by getting our old accounts back. I have been working on this. I have established a Reddit under cryptocurrency https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/3gq388/orangecoin_oc_on_bittrex_is_back_and_rebooted/

Thanks Jan!

-Raven

Hi Raven,
I have seen the wallet for EnergyCoin in action based on the latest source code.
I personally have only 1000 OC in my original wallet I got in the with mining face.
No funds on Bittrex.

Have a nice day.
Jan

Jan Thank you for the information. Does the 20k sound good to you? And maybe we can get you some more of those delicious Oranges before you go on holiday!
I am happy to be used as a reference.
Also, I am ready to give some OC for the MAC wallet

Halofire

@halofirebtc

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:47:27 PM

Questions for Mac dev:
-Open-source?

Thanks Jan!

-Raven

Hi Raven,
No funds on Bittrex.

Have a nice day.
Jan

Don't send until we get confirmation, if you are sending to the fund. I'd rather pay for the wallet from the fund first then you guys can replenish what I've spent so that way if the Mac wallet deal falls through, you all still own your OC.

raven7886
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:49:19 PM

Questions for Mac dev:
-Open-source?

Thanks Jan!

-Raven

Hi Raven,
No funds on Bittrex.

Have a nice day.
Jan

Buddy you'll always be referenced, Thanks John for your donation! I'll send my 5k when I get off of work.... Yes, I have been here all day while at work! Working two jobs at once! #OCFTW
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:52:47 PM

Questions for Mac dev:
-Open-source?

Thanks Jan!

-Raven

Hi Raven,
No funds on Bittrex.

Have a nice day.
Jan

Buddy you'll always be referenced, Thanks John for your donation! I'll send my 5k when i get off of work.... Yes, I have been here all day while at work! Working two jobs at once! #OCFTW
I will just keep my coins ready, till Halofire approves the donation.

Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: