Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:25:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667387 times)
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:52:50 PM

A guy just bet 13500 XMR on monerodice and lost  Shocked

His screenname is pretty apt too. Smiley

The key to keeping big rollers interested in these sites seems to be to not limit the trade size too drastically, which seems fine with the current settings.

Holy shit! That really sucks for that dude, as much as Monerodice is a great website, people reallllyyy should not be gambling.

Maybe he thought "Go Big or go into Dev-Fund" Cheesy

Only ~10% should go to the dev fund, unless the dev fund would have 100% of the bankroll which it hasn't.

The variance so far is pretty high, it's fun and should be a winning investment in the long-term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 10:04:47 PM

The key to keeping big rollers interested in these sites seems to be to not limit the trade size too drastically, which seems fine with the current settings.

Holy shit! That really sucks for that dude, as much as Monerodice is a great website, people reallllyyy should not be gambling.

Maybe he thought "Go Big or go into Dev-Fund" Cheesy

And that's how Monerodice got its motto...  Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:31:22 PM

any advice on aeon coin seems like a good contender to monero
aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 12:18:01 AM

AEON is a side project for one of the Monero devs.  IMO, AEON is kinda-sorta Monero's little sister.  Smooth has implemented some neat features into AEON - some of which I hope make their way back to Monero. 

One of the AEON pools has also implemented a variable fee system based on the percentage of total hash.  As the pool gets closer to 50%, the fee increases.  That's pretty cool.

Also, I'd love to see an AEON version of MoneroDice.  Smiley

AEON is crazy cheap to purchase...and mining is also an option...the difficulty is still pretty low.

WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 04:47:44 AM

I just discovered this coin looking for mobile mining apps. Specifically https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miner&hl=en

How does GPU vs CPU mining stack up for this coin? I'm well aware that mobile phones don't have very good cpu's. Say I have 100+ ghz of CPU power. Does anybody know how the numbers crunch such as how many kh/s from 1 ghz cpu? Will that app even work lol?
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:19:30 AM

AEON is a side project for one of the Monero devs.  IMO, AEON is kinda-sorta Monero's little sister.  Smooth has implemented some neat features into AEON - some of which I hope make their way back to Monero. 

It's almost like inventing a new form of poker. 

Poker variants can't be tested without players valuing the chips, because what a rational actor would do with nothing at stake is not what they would do with a lot at stake. 

So as much as I hate to say the magic words.... "This is good for Monero."

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 02:34:51 PM

I don't know where else to put this, and god knows why my brain came up with it while I was doing something totally unrelated. But it seems monero community is only one talking about i2p or any real decentralization.

Combine i2p with wireless mesh network - effectively create secondary private internet. Integrate into software some kind of Namecoin-like registrar, except the registrar-system is blockless - single transaction per "block", but no need for DAG branches etc - still able to maintain linearity. Really just adding data to a consensus database.

Can hopefully prevent spamming the database by linking the ability to "transact" (add to the ledger) to a one time token coupled to whatever is used to "identify" nodes in i2p.

In this system, every node is essentially a DNS - the information coupling a human-readable address (monero.com.di - for decentralized internet. extant systems would use the new layer to know to route to the new network) to the actual address is on the node. Due to the nature of this hypothetical network, if you can't find an entry on your local node, you can request from other notes (similar to SPV or getblocks or something).

Ultimately, required infrastructure includes wifi router firmware that will connect to other wifi routers running the firmware. High density areas would obviously work easily (there's a router in every home).  Bridges between high population areas could be done through the extant internet or microsatellites.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 03:25:05 PM

I don't know where else to put this, and god knows why my brain came up with it while I was doing something totally unrelated. But it seems monero community is only one talking about i2p or any real decentralization.

Combine i2p with wireless mesh network - effectively create secondary private internet. Integrate into software some kind of Namecoin-like registrar, except the registrar-system is blockless - single transaction per "block", but no need for DAG branches etc - still able to maintain linearity. Really just adding data to a consensus database.

Can hopefully prevent spamming the database by linking the ability to "transact" (add to the ledger) to a one time token coupled to whatever is used to "identify" nodes in i2p.

In this system, every node is essentially a DNS - the information coupling a human-readable address (monero.com.di - for decentralized internet. extant systems would use the new layer to know to route to the new network) to the actual address is on the node. Due to the nature of this hypothetical network, if you can't find an entry on your local node, you can request from other notes (similar to SPV or getblocks or something).

Ultimately, required infrastructure includes wifi router firmware that will connect to other wifi routers running the firmware. High density areas would obviously work easily (there's a router in every home).  Bridges between high population areas could be done through the extant internet or microsatellites.

Please DEV's keep in mind, not to enable i2p by default, hence some will get trouble when using TOR for their privacy sake.
TOR runs on TCP, i2p runs on UDP. So if you integrate i2p natively, and the user is proxying through TOR, the bitmonerod client will get NO connection to the ledger, because it does not support UDP except for DNS requests.

Best regards,
elrippo

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 05:49:22 PM

Please DEV's keep in mind, not to enable i2p by default, hence some will get trouble when using TOR for their privacy sake.
TOR runs on TCP, i2p runs on UDP. So if you integrate i2p natively, and the user is proxying through TOR, the bitmonerod client will get NO connection to the ledger, because it does not support UDP except for DNS requests.

Best regards,
elrippo

There will be 3 options, namely i2p-only, i2p/IP bridged, IP only. So basically everyone can choose his own preference. Reference: see -> https://getmonero.org/design-goals/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 07:24:05 PM

Best regards,
elrippo

There will be 3 options, namely i2p-only, i2p/IP bridged, IP only. So basically everyone can choose his own preference. Reference: see -> https://getmonero.org/design-goals/

Where can I donate specifically to make Monero's i2p integration happen faster?  The i2p site doesn't list an XMR address, for some unfathomable reason.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:51:54 PM

Best regards,
elrippo

Where can I donate specifically to make Monero's i2p integration happen faster?  The i2p site doesn't list an XMR address, for some unfathomable reason.   Tongue

you could start a funding thread in the getmonero forum, or I could beat yah to it.
Though i2p integration might be a on the bottom of a cascade of dependencies, im not sure. However, the 0MQ branch builds and runs fine (at least on testnet), so who knows, could be sooner than later.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:26:13 AM

Holy shit! That really sucks for that dude, as much as Monerodice is a great website, some people reallllyyy should not be gambling.

Fixed. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:24:54 AM

Monero gets a shout out from the bitcoin core maintainer, Wladimir:

http://bitcoin-development.narkive.com/mH0GrHuE/libconsensus-and-bitcoin-development-process#post7

To name an example of it done right, IMO: Monero's 'simplewallet'. It is a command-line utility wallet that communicates with the node software, and remembers where it was in the chain, and processes changes to the chain state since its last invocation when it 'refreshes'.
What is nice is that one can run an arbitary number of simplewallets against one node daemon, and unlike bitcoind's wallet it doesn't need to run as always-on daemon itself. It can be invoked when the user wants to do something with the wallet, or see if there are new transactions.

Always a pleasant surprise to get appreciation from other parts of the community.  Grin

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:34:50 AM

Ultimately, required infrastructure includes wifi router firmware that will connect to other wifi routers running the firmware. High density areas would obviously work easily (there's a router in every home).  Bridges between high population areas could be done through the extant internet or microsatellites.

This is the sort of stuff I think about and dream about all the time.

One of the most important insights I've ever had in my life was realizing that the reason computer scientists have been unable to scale mesh networks well is that they don't realize that the problem they are trying to solve is not a computer science problem at all, it is an economics problem, precisely it is the economic calculation problem.

Essentially they are trying to find the right "algorythm" to centrally plan data routing, but that is impossible because information necessary to solve the problem isnt centrally located and its factors can not even be communicated meaningfully in any terms other than in prices.

The solution is to allow node operators to be node entrepreneurs and respond to changing market conditions. If one location is more profitable than another than that is the right location for their node in terms of building the most robust network. If they have a wide profit margin than they should upgrade their hardware. If they have a small profit margin than they should keep the hardware the same. If they are operating at a loss than the capital should be redeployed in some other capacity, perhaps in a different location. This communicates how to physically structure the network efficiently and dynamically for a constantly changing word. On the user side, just like any other good or service, they can determine the efficient routing path for themselves based on there preferred cost/speed trade off. Just like other goods in the economy where consumers weigh the benefits of different features of competing products against the cost of those additional features. Their entirely self serving economizing choices empower node operators with the information necessary to make efficient choices in how to deploy network infrastructure.

Anyway this fits perfectly with a lot of the blockchain technology interweaving you were talking about.

Sorry in advance for slightly offtopic in terms of monero but on topic in terms of responding to your comment. I'm just super interested in and passionate about a topic that someone randomly brought up, i cant help but jump in.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 08:19:40 PM

How is the profit from that distributed?  Can we rush our XMR over to XMRDice's bankroll after the fact, or do only preexisting investors benefit?  Is there a rolling window or what?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 08:40:06 PM

Monero gets a shout out from the bitcoin core maintainer, Wladimir:

http://bitcoin-development.narkive.com/mH0GrHuE/libconsensus-and-bitcoin-development-process#post7

Always a pleasant surprise to get appreciation from other parts of the community.  Grin

That's cool.  But this is epic (ie, set my fanboy heart aflutter  Cheesy).

Nick von Szaborhagen will not rest until humanity has slipped the surly bonds of Earth (statism/biology/gravity) and lives among the stars!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:48:25 PM

I've created this webpage with stats for MoneroDice. Makes it easier to see who has won/lost etc. It's experimental and may contain bugs.

http://monerodice.pd.to/

Everytime a bet is made the list of latest bets will update automatically, same with bankroll/wagered (every 5 sec).

How is the profit from that distributed?  Can we rush our XMR over to XMRDice's bankroll after the fact, or do only preexisting investors benefit?  Is there a rolling window or what?
The profit is instantly distributed among those who has invested at the time of the bet. If you were divested at the time, you're out of luck.

SmoothCurves

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:19:12 PM

How does a technology like MaidSAFE play into some of these decentralized mesh-networking ideas? It sounds like they a pretty killer technology? Full disclosure I own a few MaidSafe coins (tho not anywhere near as much as I have invested in BTC or XMR)
medusa13

Activity: 453

hello world

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:24:28 PM

wow you guys gamble like this would be candy...

http://monerodice.pd.to/user.php?username=othe

XMR Monero
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:28:25 PM

There was another innovation talk in parliament today.

I keep raising crypto when it gets to the open questions part at the end.  Cool

Lots of these key innovators are already hot for bitcoin, they need to know there are more alternatives out there.

/G
Pages: « 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: