Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667408 times)
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:07:32 PM

How many xmr (maximum) can i send on Polonex (by one transaction) from MoneroClient.Net?

theoretically, all of them. Though the cost of the transaction will depend on the outputs you have (if I understand things correctly)

It would depends on the inputs, no? From which the total transaction size and therefore fee/kb is calculated ?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:08:13 PM

How many xmr (maximum) can i send on Polonex (by one transaction) from MoneroClient.Net?

theoretically, all of them. Though the cost of the transaction will depend on the outputs you have (if I understand things correctly)

All of them modulo fee, unless you have very small dust, due to the per-byte fee.
You may have more luck with a recent simplewallet, which has a transfer_new command which allows you to send more of your balance at once (by not creating intermediary change in those cases).

Note that transfers with large amounts of outputs (or large mixin) can be split in several transactions automatically by simplewallet (and probably MoneroClient too, but I'm speculating here).
novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:13:35 PM

All of them modulo fee, unless you have very small dust, due to the per-byte fee.
You may have more luck with a recent simplewallet, which has a transfer_new command which allows you to send more of your balance at once (by not creating intermediary change in those cases).

Note that transfers with large amounts of outputs (or large mixin) can be split in several transactions automatically by simplewallet (and probably MoneroClient too, but I'm speculating here).

I try sending 64, and its freeze.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:30:02 PM

I think freezing on transfers is a known bug with jojaketoks software. You can easily work around this by doing things in the command line, but I don't have the time to walk you through it. If you can hop on IRC someone can probably walk you through it.

https://kiwiirc.com/client

type in #monero for the channel, and pick a user name. Then ask for help making a transaction on windows...

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:39:16 PM

I think freezing on transfers is a known bug with jojaketoks software. You can easily work around this by doing things in the command line, but I don't have the time to walk you through it. If you can hop on IRC someone can probably walk you through it.

type in #monero for the channel, and pick a user name. Then ask for help making a transaction on windows...

Does the latest version of jojaketoks client still have this glitch?

Is it related to sending large amounts or does it freeze on any amount?

novag

Activity: 687

novag

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:58:35 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 08:51:49 PM by novag

Now i have update the last version 1.2.2, when i send example - 370 xmr and nothing happens.

update:

Trying to send 20 coins, insert address and id, mix 3 times, and the program is closed when you press send? Where is the mistake? version 1.2.2.

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:26:53 PM

Now i have update the last version 1.2.2, when i send example - 370 xmr and nothing happens.

update:

Trying to send 20 coins, insert address and id, mix 3 times, and the program is closed when you press send? Where is the mistake? version 1.2.2.

Not sure but check for spaces in front of what you enter, is your ID a valid number of characters?

birdcat90

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:41:01 PM

Monero price range stable between 190k~220k sat.

its very good,the community support this coin. i just want to see more gambling site to spend my monero, anyone could tell me? besides safedice

<a href="http://www.freebiebitcoin.com">Earn free bitcoin</a>
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:21:21 PM

Monero price range stable between 190k~220k sat.

its very good,the community support this coin. i just want to see more gambling site to spend my monero, anyone could tell me? besides safedice

If I recall correctly SafeDice is currently the only gambling site accepting XMR.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:29:26 PM

This week I got serious about crypto-security, and bought two small cheap laptops.  I'll be setting them both up for use with Monero exclusively.  Before this, I was basically being a total fucking idiot keeping all my crypto on an exchange accessed with the same laptop I was using to visit SketchyRussianDownloads dot com regularly.

So the new setup is this:  

Laptop one is a brand new laptop specifically for running a full node, compiling Monero builds, accessing Poloniex, accessing MyMonero and pretty much nothing else.  It booted into Windows 8 once so I could download Linux Mint and then I formatted the hard drive with a Mint installation via a Bootable USB drive (brand new and only used for this purpose).  I did it this way because the laptop doesn't have an internal disc drive.  

The second is never intended to touch the Internet.  It will be used only for generating cold wallet addresses.  

Unfortunately, it doesn't have an internal CD Drive, so unfortunately I'll have to boot via the same USB drive to install Linux on first startup.  This unfortunate measure will be redeemed slightly by, like I said, the USB drive being brand new and only having ever touched the first laptop mentioned, and then only to become a Mint install drive and nothing else.  

I'm gonna call this whole scheme "Pegasus's Pretty-Good Security" PPGS, a nice compromise between troublesome paranoia and what an average computer fluent person can accomplish with two days and a few hundred dollars.  

I have an external USB DVD drive, but I'm not sure how I would use that to install a Linux distribution via CD without having to resort to the USB stick.  I plan to use the external DVD drive to burn some (encrypted) backups of all cold private keys generated though.  

Any thoughts, criticisms, or suggestions?  

I've already set up the first laptop and accomplished the first three objectives: access Poloniex with it, and change my password to a new password only ever used on that machine; access MyMonero with it and create a new account only ever accessed with that laptop, and compile/run the latest Monero source with it.  Firewall, no script, and adblock were all activated on this machine.  As well, the part of Linux (I forget the name) that can emulate some windows functions was turned off.  

The second laptop is still brand new in the box.  But since it only cost $150 and a model with an internal DVD drive is $280 I feel that I'm pretty satisfied with installing Linux on my cold machine via USB.  (The one in a million chance that there's some factory pre-installed Chinese spyware on the USB isn't worth an extra $150 IMHO)  

Alright, hit me with your best shot.  Pretty good security, or am I being a tard?  Obviously both laptops will be encrypted at the Linux level and also have a BIOS password.  Would you trust this setup with a million dollars?

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:32:45 PM

I have an external USB DVD drive, but I'm not sure how I would use that to install a Linux distribution via CD without having to resort to the USB stick.

I have done that many times. Sometimes it requires changing some BIOS settings, but I don't remember ever not being able to get it to work. 

If that ultracheap laptop is one of those Atom-based systems with the hybrid 32-bit/64-bit hardware, you can still get Linux to work, but setup is a bit trickier.
americanpegasus

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:43:11 PM

I have an external USB DVD drive, but I'm not sure how I would use that to install a Linux distribution via CD without having to resort to the USB stick.

I have done that many times. Sometimes it requires changing some BIOS settings, but I don't remember ever not being able to get it to work. 

If that ultracheap laptop is one of those Atom-based systems with the hybrid 32-bit/64-bit hardware, you can still get Linux to work, but setup is a bit trickier.

Ah crap, I checked the system info on the demo model and in store it said x64 hardware so I didn't worry. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-11-6-laptop-intel-atom-2gb-memory-32gb-flash-storage-blue/3953761.p?id=1219610986272 

Think this will be a problem?  Worth returning to the store and bumping up to a Celeron processor vs. an Atom? 

americanpegasus

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:48:44 PM

Just checked the processor on the second compy; I think I'll be ok.  It doesn't say anything but 64-bit in the description. 

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/80274/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3735F-2M-Cache-up-to-1_83-GHz#@product/specifications

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:50:02 PM

Great step forward

Comment: the second "cold wallet only" laptop with a resident install is pretty extreme.
Using a bootable distro (from cd or usb) to generate cold wallets would work almost as good on laptop #1 (if disconnected from internet during the live bootable session entirely - and minus possible  hardware infections). The advantage being you don't need to rely on your residently installed distribution on laptop #2 (this could be compromised silently with physical access while you're not home). For that matter (integrity of linux bootable media) I would advise cd rather than usb stick. Buy a cheap cd reader if laptop doesn't have any.
So suggestion in general: boot with cd on laptop #1 to generate cold wallet. Paranoid suggestion given you have two laptops: boot with cd on laptop #2 to generate cold wallet.
And better stick to good old CDs (of which you'll have checked the hash - md5 or shaX).

Ah and 2FA on poloniex is a must.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:00:53 AM

--snip--
 Firewall, no script, and adblock were all activated on this machine.  
--snip--

Perhaps install MalwareBytes also as an additional security measure.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
americanpegasus

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:07:49 AM

--snip--
 Firewall, no script, and adblock were all activated on this machine.  
--snip--

Perhaps install MalwareBytes also as an additional security measure.

These are both Linux systems...  Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.  Cheesy

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:09:05 AM

Just checked the processor on the second compy; I think I'll be ok.  It doesn't say anything but 64-bit in the description.  

http://ark.intel.com/m/products/80274/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3735F-2M-Cache-up-to-1_83-GHz#@product/specifications

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of system I had in mind. They have a 64 bit CPU but usually a 32 bit boot loader.

The discussion below is out of date and the situation is probably better now but you may have some adventures ahead.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2252391

Once you get it to work though, that should be a great system for Monero. If the install adventures don't scare you then I wouldn't return it.
americanpegasus

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:10:58 AM

Great step forward

Comment: the second "cold wallet only" laptop with a resident install is pretty extreme.
Using a bootable distro (from cd or usb) to generate cold wallets would work almost as good on laptop #1 (if disconnected from internet during the live bootable session entirely - and minus possible  hardware infections). The advantage being you don't need to rely on your residently installed distribution on laptop #2 (this could be compromised silently with physical access while you're not home). For that matter (integrity of linux bootable media) I would advise cd rather than usb stick. Buy a cheap cd reader if laptop doesn't have any.
So suggestion in general: boot with cd on laptop #1 to generate cold wallet. Paranoid suggestion given you have two laptops: boot with cd on laptop #2 to generate cold wallet.
And better stick to good old CDs (of which you'll have checked the hash - md5 or shaX).

Ah and 2FA on poloniex is a must.

Thanks for your suggestions and time.  With yours and smooths encouragement I will take it to the next level and attempt to install mint via a CD and the external drive.  Also, 2fa security on erreything, erryday.  

My girl don't even drop her panties unless I authenticate with a signed text message.  Mutha fukin tom cruise and his mission impossible masks have cuckolded me for the last time.

americanpegasus

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:18:28 AM

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of system I had in mind. They have a 64 bit CPU but usually a 32 bit boot loader.

The discussion below is out of date and the situation is probably better now but you may have some adventures ahead.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2252391

Once you get it to work though, that should be a great system for Monero. If the install adventures don't scare you then I wouldn't return it.

What?  Aw, hellllll no.  

I'm lucky I stopped for some ab-enabling Cheesecake Factory after I checked out.  Man, I'm still across the street and they got this model on sale for $170.  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-stream-11-6-laptop-intel-celeron-2gb-memory-32gb-emmc-solid-state-drive-horizon-blue/9195102.p?id=1219398344673   

I'll just go exchange it out real quick.  That hassle ain't worth $20.

Thanks smooth!  You just saved me some trouble.

americanpegasus

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:25:57 AM

Hey, but now that you mention it, I did have some problems even with that HP model installing Mint. 

What happened was I couldn't install because it kept telling me part of the Windows partition was in use, but I just kept half-installing and restarting and on the third time it went through while warning me that the entire drive would be erased (good). 

Even now, turning the laptop on from being totally off takes me to an error screen telling me that my computer is corrupted and needs manufacturer support.  Then it lets me choose to go to the boot menu where I see the Linux boot partition/loader and everything is fine after that.   

I actually prefer it this way, if casual user finds the laptop and turns it on they may just assume it's a broken spare.

Pages: « 1 ... 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 [1303] 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: