Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:13:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 ... 2125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669730 times)
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 08:43:29 PM

oh thanks for reminding me. i need to pay them. how have they been doing? i hope they're earning their 100 xmr per post.

Where do I sign up! Tongue

you just post in the dash thread!! instant signup!

actually, olcaytu2005, if u could tabulate how much i owe these guys that would be great. Just start counting from whenever you guys figured out we were paying them.

ROTFLMFAO! He actually PM'd me for help. I think he didn't know who I was offering help too! He's been on my ignore so long I forgot when I put hm there!

You said that if you need help pm me. so i pmed you but you didnt help me Sad
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:05:52 PM

Hey guys these are your dogs??

AdamWhite

TheDasher

ICEBREAKER

YOURMOTHER

Dnaleor

smoothie

Smooth?

Please put a leash on these dog. Thank you.

I posted for you, did that help any?

You told me the fastest GPU's doing 200 H/s? .... so why does he has 500 H/s with a 290x? I guess 390's would even be faster.

Not the fastest, most power efficient. 750 ti uses ~50 W to get 250 h/s. 290x probably uses like 300 W to get 900 h/s with claymore miner I think.

I asked for the most powerfull. Not for the most efficient.

My AMD Octacore with 8MB cache pulls somewhat 310 with four threads on bitmonerod  Cheesy

My AMD Octacore does 375-385 H/s with 6 of the 8 cores running.  After testing between the Intel iCPU's and the AMD CPU's I've found that the AMD CPU out performs the Intel.  Just what I've observed in my testing with three different machines I have.  Overall I like the AMD GPU & CPU's for hashing.

This surprises me, AES-NI is intel only right? Maybe I'll try my Hex start arch cpu.

Link the miner your using please.

Nope, AMD has a license to use AES, performs well and costs a third of Intel.
I use the official bitmonerod client you can download on getmonero.org  Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:23:02 PM

Another update:

What's gone in since then ?

New git updates since last time:

- blockchain_export can now create files compatible with NoodleDoodle's fast sync code
- speedup for the one-time database rescan to initialize hard fork into
- database dump utility, intended to detect differences between the several blockchain formats
- a new status command in the daemon, giving more user oriented information
- and random other fixes for DB potential issues, some RPC commands not working properly
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:09:23 PM

To those who use http://moneroaddress.org:

When saving that page (always save as raw, or HTML only), your browser may select a default filename of "Monero offline wallet generator.html", based on the page title. If you intend to verify the signature (and you should, otherwise you are vulnerable to attacks from your ISP or your exit node), make sure you save the file as monero-wallet-generator.html, as this is the filename that gpg expects when verifying with the signature in monero-wallet-generator.html.asc. If you get any error along the lines of "failed to open file", or "no signed data", or "can't hash data file", then this is probably because the filename is wrong.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 10:29:48 PM

ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Monero with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

aerbax

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 03:44:14 AM

ShapeShift.io has released our instant exchange app for Android devices! Buy or sell Monero with bitcoin and 45+ cryptos instantly on any Android device. Exchange anytime, anywhere: https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile

At the time of this writing, the link to your Android app on https://shapeshift.io/site/tools/shapeshift-mobile is broken.  It points to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details, rather than a specific app.

I think you want to point to: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shapeshift.droid_shapeshift

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5034

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:31:35 AM

This surprises me, AES-NI is intel only right? Maybe I'll try my Hex star arch cpu.

No most new AMD CPUs have it as well.

Thx, have fallen behind the times. And memory doesn't work well anymore. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
opennux

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:43:09 AM

To those who use http://moneroaddress.org:

When saving that page (always save as raw, or HTML only), your browser may select a default filename of "Monero offline wallet generator.html", based on the page title. If you intend to verify the signature (and you should, otherwise you are vulnerable to attacks from your ISP or your exit node), make sure you save the file as monero-wallet-generator.html, as this is the filename that gpg expects when verifying with the signature in monero-wallet-generator.html.asc. If you get any error along the lines of "failed to open file", or "no signed data", or "can't hash data file", then this is probably because the filename is wrong.

Thank you. This should be stated on the site itself.
XMRpromotions

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:11:34 AM

Is you speak Chinese please get more active on 8btc.com

https://dashtalk.org/threads/recent-news-from-china.6484/
China needs to know why Monero is the best option for privacy.

Don't buy Monero: https://twitter.com/MoneroPromotion/status/746006420508729344

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
XMRpromotions

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:58:19 AM
Last edit: October 29, 2015, 07:34:29 AM by XMRpromotions

Everyone is free to make their own decisions. Ignore me if you disagree.

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impression. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

Please share your thoughts.

XMR: 43hPTYyKarCTWyh4ZnMVn8AtFeEmtzTXo3Y6TGGMV26BWonJ4tpR7eP9RkUDYQbvg6LbrnMXWfghddE NGtvKxr7B5oML4qd
crypto_currency

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:00:11 AM

Summary - monero   Picture/Text
Name:   monero
Activity:   53
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   April 23, 2014, 09:58:58 PM
Last Active:   October 16, 2015, 01:02:25 PM

Has the dev abandoned XMR?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:19:18 AM

I think there are plenty of warnings regarding the DASH instamine and other red flags in the alt coin section already.  Some people make assumptions about coin popularity based on the length of their announcement thread (although this is often a bad assumption).  Why not keep our criticisms about DASH in the alt coin section devoted to those topics and ignore their announcement thread? I estimate that their announcement thread is at least 1 or 2 thousand pages longer than it should be because of people posting about their instamine and other problems.

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impressive. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Although unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keeping us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks...

Agreed. I'm going to stop posting about DASH already.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:23:15 AM

No. That is just an account that the core devs use to post updates that are worth posting with concerning monero.

Fluffypony
Smooth
TacoTime

Contact them ^ if you have questions. Or just post it in this thread.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Shrikez

Activity: 400
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:23:26 AM

AFAIK this is just a shared account for official stuff. This is an Open-Source project with many contributors.

EDIT: smoothie was quicker

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:25:06 AM

Damn no iphone app?  Sad

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

XMRpromotions

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:28:36 AM

Damn no iphone app?  Sad

They have an iPhone app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shapeshift-instant-crypto/id996569075?mt=8

Shrikez

Activity: 400
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:30:17 AM

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impressive. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

I fully agree. It's getting really tiresome and embarrassing, too. Let the dash train wreck collapse on its own.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
XMRpromotions

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:31:53 AM

I actually have doubts that the DASH community is larger than Monero but the length of their announcement thread gives that impression. Our Reddit page for example is more active than theirs. Some of you may have noticed that r/dashpay recently decreased from 5000 readers to about 1100 (I suspect many of their fake readers were deleted). As much as the DASH community complains I think they actually like Monero supporters posting in the DASH announcement thread to make it longer. I propose we stop posting their and post in the topics already started to discuss specific topics (instamine, lack of masternode mode blinding, mining rewards, sporks etc.) instead.

Agreed. I'm going to stop posting about DASH already.

Much of the volume was not just Monero posters, but DASH users quoting our posts and responding. I still wonder how many pages would disappear from the announcement thread if all Monero posters deleted all comments. 500-1000 maybe?

XMRpromotions

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:41:06 AM

What do you think about https://forum.bitcoin.com? They opened Altcoins subforum and there are Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin subforums for discussion. I think if we want Roger Ver will open Monero subforum too.
I like Monero discussion here but another option would be good too. They will probably get different userbase. We should tell about Monero to newbies.

I don't see anything wrong with more exposure to Monero.

Has anyone here become active on that forum yet? What do you think about it?

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:10:49 AM

Hard to believe that a significant amount of wise money would enter into a coin based on if it has 20k or 100k posts in the thread without reading a sample of a few pages here and there to assess the quality and the issues discussed.

Dash is floating on hot money imo. But they seem pretty resilient - if they just renounced the claims of instamine being an accident, and anonymity, it might be worth to check out. As long as scamcoin label persists, it is ruled out for me.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 ... 2125 »
  Print  

Jump to: