Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:30:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668188 times)
Kikyca

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:12:25 PM

Hope t fix it soon..

Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 07:54:29 PM

Monero price recovering big time once again, hoping to see the 0.015 point soon.
Rodeoweb

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:17:36 PM

@malekbaba

You're wrong.

correct me, please. I also want my investment back.

My advice, if you want your investment back, reinvest your XMR loss into BBR. CZ is a proven CN developer, easily the best developer that has worked on any CN based coin. His absence from BBR over the last year has cause the price to hit all time lows. From his recent activity and other developer interest in the project, BBR could easily do a 20x from it's current market cap. Another sound investment is SDC, the upcoming marketplace should have a similar return on investment. XMR is on a serious downward trend and it won't stop until the coin is hovering around its pre-pump position. The thing about pumps is if you have to have all your ducks in a row to support it long term. XMR has no GUI and its developers haven't shown any competence to create one over the last years. Their solution is mymonero.com.. a web wallet ran by a troll "developer".. that has resulted in theft of XMR... Go figure.

Crypto investors lose faith in projects when developers don't show competence. For example, CZ made a functional GUI for BBR in a few weeks. He did a lot for BBR in a short period of time that XMR hasn't been able to do in years. A lack of a GUI might seem trivial but usability is a key factor in sustaining pump levels. Darkcoin was also added to a few darknet markets long ago but it has sustained its pump levels because of usability. Something XMR devs fail to acknowledge and seem incapable to fix.

Anyone who believes XMR will recover to peak pump heights, is either delusional or hasn't been trading long enough to understand the mechanics of a pump and its relation to sustainability.
I have to disagree with you. I've been trading for well over 20 years, not in crptocurruncies but in equities, currencies and commodities. There is no difference in price patterns in a free market and from a technical analysis pov xmr recent move is a breakout from it pervious price pattern which almost always follows a retracement. Xmr is performing Almost a perfect technical move and I bought in based on the technicals. Trader do not buy on fact, they buy on anticipation which by the way is the GUI and the benefit of xmr. Furthermore Hearing this term, pump n dump, is so layman and shows your ignorance in trading.
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:30:24 PM

@malekbaba

You're wrong.

My advice, if you want your investment back, reinvest your XMR loss into BBR. CZ is a proven CN developer, easily the best developer that has worked on any CN based coin. His absence from BBR over the last year has cause the price to hit all time lows. From his recent activity and other developer interest in the project, BBR could easily do a 20x from it's current market cap. Another sound investment is SDC, the upcoming marketplace should have a similar return on investment. XMR is on a serious downward trend and it won't stop until the coin is hovering around its pre-pump position. The thing about pumps is if you have to have all your ducks in a row to support it long term. XMR has no GUI and its developers haven't shown any competence to create one over the last years. Their solution is mymonero.com.. a web wallet ran by a troll "developer".. that has resulted in theft of XMR... Go figure.

Crypto investors lose faith in projects when developers don't show competence. For example, CZ made a functional GUI for BBR in a few weeks. He did a lot for BBR in a short period of time that XMR hasn't been able to do in years. A lack of a GUI might seem trivial but usability is a key factor in sustaining pump levels. Darkcoin was also added to a few darknet markets long ago but it has sustained its pump levels because of usability. Something XMR devs fail to acknowledge and seem incapable to fix.

Anyone who believes XMR will recover to peak pump heights, is either delusional or hasn't been trading long enough to understand the mechanics of a pump and its relation to sustainability.
I have to disagree with you. I've been trading for well over 20 years, not in crptocurruncies but in equities, currencies and commodities. There is no difference in price patterns in a free market and from a technical analysis pov xmr recent move is a breakout from it pervious price pattern which almost always follows a retracement. Xmr is performing Almost a perfect technical move and I bought in based on the technicals. Trader do not buy on fact, they buy on anticipation which by the way is the GUI and the benefit of xmr. Furthermore Hearing this term, pump n dump, is so layman and shows your ignorance in trading.

I agree with you that the price will rebound, but that made me laugh. If you've been trading for over 20 years then you should realize (unless you're very new to crypto) that your TA won't work here. Move along.
Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 10:59:24 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2016, 11:18:42 PM by Rodeoweb

@malekbaba

You're wrong.

My advice, if you want your investment back, reinvest your XMR loss into BBR. CZ is a proven CN developer, easily the best developer that has worked on any CN based coin. His absence from BBR over the last year has cause the price to hit all time lows. From his recent activity and other developer interest in the project, BBR could easily do a 20x from it's current market cap. Another sound investment is SDC, the upcoming marketplace should have a similar return on investment. XMR is on a serious downward trend and it won't stop until the coin is hovering around its pre-pump position. The thing about pumps is if you have to  have all your ducks in a row to support it long term. XMR has no GUI and its developers haven't shown any competence to create one over the last years. Their solution is mymonero.com.. a web wallet ran by a troll "developer".. that has resulted in theft of XMR... Go figure.

I agree with you that the price will rebound, but that made me laugh. If you've been trading for over 20 years then you should realize (unless you're very new to crypto) that your TA won't work here. Move along.

Yea, why not? Are u telling me the crypto market is rigged? I hear that all the time from goldbugs trading in gold and guess what, they were wrong. If so why should anyone buy any of them and that includes Bitcoin. That means it's all fake and they all don't have a chance in hell to go anywhere. That's fine, if l lose I will cut my loses as real traders do and move on and not live in this fake world of crypto's.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:20:27 PM

@malekbaba

You're wrong.

My advice, if you want your investment back, reinvest your XMR loss into BBR. CZ is a proven CN developer, easily the best developer that has worked on any CN based coin. His absence from BBR over the last year has cause the price to hit all time lows. From his recent activity and other developer interest in the project, BBR could easily do a 20x from it's current market cap. Another sound investment is SDC, the upcoming marketplace should have a similar return on investment. XMR is on a serious downward trend and it won't stop until the coin is hovering around its pre-pump position. The thing about pumps is if you have to  have all your ducks in a row to support it long term. XMR has no GUI and its developers haven't shown any competence to create one over the last years. Their solution is mymonero.com.. a web wallet ran by a troll "developer".. that has resulted in theft of XMR... Go figure.

Yea, why not? Are u telling me the crypto market is rigged. I hear that all the time from goldbugs trading in gold and guess what, they were wrong. If so why should anyone buy any of them and that includes Bitcoin. That means it's all fake and they all don't have a chance in hell to go anywhere. That's fine, if l lose I will cut my loses as real traders do and move on and not live in this fake world of crypto's.

I think it's been satisfactorily proven that ALL markets are heavily manipulated.  Doesn't mean they can reverse a trend, but it's ALL manipulated.  Gold will rise when the masses get scared enough.  The masses haven't much vision, so it is not yet.  In the mean time, the big players fleece those that see farther, but not far enough.  Age old tradition.
Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:31:24 PM

@malekbaba

You're wrong.

Yea, why not? Are u telling me the crypto market is rigged. I hear that all the time from goldbugs trading in gold and guess what, they were wrong. If so why should anyone buy any of them and that includes Bitcoin. That means it's all fake and they all don't have a chance in hell to go anywhere. That's fine, if l lose I will cut my loses as real traders do and move on and not live in this fake world of crypto's.

I think it's been satisfactorily proven that ALL markets are heavily manipulated.  Doesn't mean they can reverse a trend, but it's ALL manipulated.  Gold will rise when the masses get scared enough.  The masses haven't much vision, so it is not yet.  In the mean time, the big players fleece those that see farther, but not far enough.  Age old tradition.
Yes but they only could manipulate in the direction of the trend. As far as gold, just as crytpo's, they are hedges against Govt, when confidence is lost people flock to gold. I would imagine crytpo's act the same way but it seems crypto's are trying to replace National currencies, which will never happen.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:50:03 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 12:26:54 AM by owlcatz

Is it just me, or is auto-banning of old nodes with old versions now broken on the latest release? All I see in my daemon window is this bs:

SYNCHRONIZATION started
2016-Oct-02 17:39:01.495239 [P2P3][37.152.89.44:51160 INC]Sync data returned unknown top block: 1149012 -> 221993 [927019 blocks (740 days) ahead]
SYNCHRONIZATION started
2016-Oct-02 17:39:13.879214 [P2P0][93.189.221.163:63588 INC]Sync data returned unknown top block: 1149012 -> 1009962 [139050 blocks (193 days) ahead]
SYNCHRONIZATION started
2016-Oct-02 17:41:22.376314 [P2P3][124.239.251.49:27778 INC]Sync data returned unknown top block: 1149012 -> 1009962 [139050 blocks (193 days) ahead]
SYNCHRONIZATION started
2016-Oct-02 17:48:42.330865 [P2P4][75.23.234.18:31487 INC]Sync data returned unknown top block: 1149018 -> 1009962 [139056 blocks (193 days) ahead]
SYNCHRONIZATION started
2016-Oct-02 17:54:40.377992 [P2P8][95.211.172.97:51951 INC]Sync data returned unknown top block: 1149020 -> 801 [1148219 blocks (893 days) ahead]

and so on and on and on.... do we need to compile a pastebin of all the bad nodes to run a ban script? Tongue

Thanks

Edit anyone got any bash/sed code one/two liner to remove dupes and spit out a list of bannables? Not wanting to reinvent wheel.

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 11:51:14 PM

Yes but they only could manipulate in the direction of the trend. As far as gold, just as crytpo's, they are hedges against Govt, when confidence is lost people flock to gold. I would imagine crytpo's act the same way but it seems crypto's are trying to replace National currencies, which will never happen.

Never is such a very long time...
Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:04:27 AM

Yea, wrong choice of words. But govt have all the tanks n guns. I believe we will have a major monetary reform in a few years n assets, gold n crypto's will help to protect wealth transfer to the new system.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:22:16 AM

Yea, wrong choice of words. But govt have all the tanks n guns. I believe we will have a major monetary reform in a few years n assets, gold n crypto's will help to protect wealth transfer to the new system.

True, but they need (less and less, granted) the people to wield those threats.  Eventually critical mass is realized and they all say no.  Whoops! slipped into fantasy land there for a sec!  This world is so messed up.  Monetary reform
change is under way already.  The big question is will the New Boss be the Same as the Old Boss...  Place your bets.
Rodeoweb

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:16:36 AM

True, but they need (less and less, granted) the people to wield those threats.  Eventually critical mass is realized and they all say no.  Whoops! slipped into fantasy land there for a sec!  This world is so messed up.  Monetary reform
change is under way already.  The big question is will the New Boss be the Same as the Old Boss...  Place your bets.

One example that govt will try not to let any alternative currency take hold. New York new regulation on Bitcoin creates controls. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/final-new-york-bitcoin-regulation-released-bitlicense/
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:29:33 AM

One example that govt will try not to let any alternative currency take hold. New York new regulation on Bitcoin creates controls. https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/final-new-york-bitcoin-regulation-released-bitlicense/

I did not notice a date on that article.  I don't know what you consider new.  You may already know this but that article is from a year ago.  Shortly after Polo stopped all trading from NY.  They are based in the US and I guess they didn't want to jump through the hoops.  Polo just last month stopped trading "temporarily" from New Hampshire.

Old Boss vs New Boss?  Who?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:33:27 AM

Not only will we decentralize the currency we will decentralize the markets. Oh but we wont stop there. We will decentralize the communications infrastructure. We will even decentralize the shipping infrastructure. And we will marketize everything so that, like drugs, the worst they will ever do is force the price but but never choke off the supply.

We are the tide.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:39:27 AM

I did not notice a date on that article.  I don't know what you consider new.  You may already know this but that article is from a year ago.  Shortly after Polo stopped all trading from NY.  They are based in the US and I guess they didn't want to jump through the hoops.  Polo just last month stopped trading "temporarily" from New Hampshire.

Here is the real deal. Basically, if you trade any virtual currency in the USA state of NH, you will be a criminal. Way to go usa. Tongue

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-exchange-poloniex-to-suspend-new-hampshire-accounts-due-to-regulations/

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxxvi/399-g/399-g-mrg.htm

Live free or die... my ass? Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:19:51 AM

New York and New Hampshire get New regulations.  From the Old Boss.  The New Boss has yet to manifest.  The Who indeed...

add:

Just skimmed over the NH doc. 
Any person who violates any provision of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor for each violation if a natural person, or guilty of a felony for each violation if any other person.
So only a felony if you violate an unnatural person.  Not sure what they get up to in New Hampshire, but I imagine that sort of thing goes on behind closed doors anyway.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:18:59 AM

let see if what future will bring us but as far as i can see possibility of this adoption will happen so fast hopefully.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 3199

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:16:53 AM

Is it just me, or is auto-banning of old nodes with old versions now broken on the latest release?

It is a known issue and being fixed:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg16434779#msg16434779

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:44:32 AM

I just want to thank the newbie person who told me to invest in BBR. I did not invest though but it seems he was very honest. Again, it is not obvious that BBR will help to regain the xmr loss but at least for once his prediction was right.  Smiley
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:25:37 PM

MAAM #34 Monero Ask Anything Monday

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/55ne9v/maam_34_monero_ask_anything_monday/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: