Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:06:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667219 times)
matrix961

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:24:46 PM

Monero Status Android Widget

A friend of mine made an android widget and app.

Updates:
    • Difficulty Showing in app
    • You can choose Bittrex exchange
    • Volume for each exchange

Updates 2:
      • You can choose Bter exchange
      • Total Volume also taken from exchanges and not only from coinmarketcap
      • Refreshing one widget refreshes all widgets
      • Bug Fixes

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus
      The second update might not be already on google store, it takes a few hours for google to update...

If anyone feels like donating: 47g3CVqBdmPZgPEA8m2hjT4aosiNhmELD3jdQVbtbooVGuCjHfY7aBUQo5p2Qirk7629LiFZWH7ZWMZ nSAZ5n7paP7ePThK
      Many thanks to the three donators! Cheesy

P.S. Ask about more features and tell us about bugs![/list][/list]

Mintpal has been added.
      Also a bug has been fixed where screen rotation would reset exchange that had been chosen on app

I got to say I love this price widget. It puts the other price widgets I've used for other specific coins to shame. Others I have used don't even come close. This is very visually appealing, simple, yet full of info when you need it. I'll send a donation here sometime today. I really appreciate the work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
      Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
      Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
      Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
      Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
      Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
      Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
      Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
      Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
      kbm

Activity: 84
      Merit: 10

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 02:33:33 PM

Bikini, sexy shirts and etc. you can find everywhere. My brand has its own identity and a lot of followers.

I don't really think anyone could stop you. I'm not going to lie to you, judging by the amount of people on poloniex now compared to 4 days ago .. there's not so many people trading this. Literally 27.4k followers is probably 5-10x the amount of people that have even heard about this currency. Dick pix are kinda shocking though .. for a first time viewer Wink . Kind of an awkward 'user-friendly' public face, if you'd like the blunt truth.

You said 'don't shoot me down just yet' so care to make a sales pitch about how "I'm a female pervert. I like Girls/Boys and Shemales. (18+) I don't post personal pic's and I don't do skype so don't even ask." can work out in the way you're describing?

Monero's not really an image .. it's a currency, and its goal is mainstream adoption; therefore, it would be logical to say that you and your followers are under that umbrella (whether anyone's willing to admit it or not). It's also decentralized. If you've been following this thread .. that means you can do whatever you want as a third party .. so long as you're willing to take on whatever blowback comes your way (if at all). If you're fishing for an endorsement .. well there's nobody here sitting in a CEO chair. There's a select few working much harder than someone like myself who writes nonsense, and I'd take suggestions from them .. but in the end some people will support you and some will be against you, who they are is just noise. Call your own shots fella.

Also, nice update GreekBitcoin!

Thanks Smiley
      equipoise

Activity: 794
      Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
      June 25, 2014, 02:47:04 PM

^Stop quoting the troll. Meanwhile it seems the guys, who dumped the price are trying to buy low now.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
      BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
      [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
      David Latapie

Activity: 658
      Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
      June 25, 2014, 02:49:01 PM
      Last edit: June 25, 2014, 03:01:07 PM by David Latapie

The reason we are not asking for additional help currently  is twofold:
      - a fully-formed  team is on it
      - there is a point where adding more manpower not only doesn't increase productivity but actually decreases it.

For the wallet, this is a bit different, there is a lot of things to consider which are not obvious and could be overlooked after a naive reading of what a wallet is and should do (I am abroad so I cannot be more specific on a smartphone with limited Internet access, remind me next week if you want more information).

Be sure we are aware that being technologically superior doesn't suffice (heck, it is not even necessary, look at VHS, Flash, HTML, SDRAM... None of them had first-mover or technological superiority advantage). We are also aware that the more you'll wait, the higher the expectations you'll have. Remember: underpromise overdeliver, weekly updates, haters gonna hate,  shorter gonna short,  dumpers gonna dump.

Well, every post from devs on here up unitl this point has had the tone of "we don't care if its hard to use, we aren't solving for the market, we are building the best coin..." etc... which up until this last post from you implies that its the "if we build it, they will come" magic thinking that permeates most technical folks and is completely wrong. But I am encouraged by your latest response, but a bit baffled by not accepting any help from the community with website or wallet to move things along. But hopefully you will show us that we had no reason to worry and a drop dead simple to use GUI wallet with a super friendly and professional website is just around the corner.

I love XMR's potential, but until the devs really understand the need for speed and the need for ease of use and the need for active marketing now while the iron is hot, [...]
      Do you really believe we are not deeply aware of that and actively working on it (for weeks)?  Unfortunately, one cannot just copy-and-paste some Qt code and even copy BBR's  code would not suffice.

Edit: the same holds true for the website. We have designers, coders and marketers on it. Yes, it takes time but this is  because we know we will have to stick with end product for years (reason: inertia). It will be worth the wait.
      Again, thanks to all people proposing help for the website -  even if we don't need any, your proposal are truly appreciated.

By the way: once the website will be operational, we will contact the various persons who proposed translations. We did not forget you!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
      Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
      kbm

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 02:51:01 PM

^Stop quoting the troll. Meanwhile it seems the guys, who dumped the price are trying to buy low now.

Agreed, no more quotes. It's insane to think that one person could actually get 30k people into cryptocurrencies at once .. that would be a dream .. clearly a troll.

That was a hell of a dump over the last few days, it seems like it's cooled off now. I hope they get their chance to buy back in fast enough!

Thanks Smiley
      David Latapie

Activity: 658
      Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
      June 25, 2014, 02:54:37 PM

Be careful about Windows binaries, there could be trojan to steal coins or hash.
      Only use binaries on the OP, with "monero.cc" in the URL.  If you download a binary somewhere else, use virustotal.com to check it.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
      Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
      equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
      June 25, 2014, 03:04:18 PM

Agreed, no more quotes. It's insane to think that one person could actually get 30k people into cryptocurrencies at once .. that would be a dream .. clearly a troll.

That was a hell of a dump over the last few days, it seems like it's cooled off now. I hope they get their chance to buy back in fast enough!

I hope they never get their chance to buy back at lower price. They dumped 100 BTC worth of XMR the moment it was on mintpal, then they dumped 100 BTC more exactly 24 hours later and 100 BTC more again 24 hours after that. I think they managed to buy some more today, but are coming close to run out of XMR to dump big and I hope no one sell them, so they can't do it again and again. They want it to be a pump and dump shitcoin and they want to dominate the market.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
      BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
      [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
      silencesilence
      Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
      June 25, 2014, 03:07:29 PM

Who is the best Monero Mining Pools for GPU
      I have R290
      kbm

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

I hope they never get their chance to buy back at lower price. They dumped 100 BTC worth of XMR the moment it was on mintpal, then they dumped 100 BTC more exactly 24 hours later and 100 BTC more again 24 hours after that. I think they managed to buy some more today, but are coming close to run out of XMR to dump big and I hope no one sell them, so they can't do it again and again. They want it to be a pump and dump shitcoin and they want to dominate the market.

Yeah, it's so wierd. Literally the night before the add, someone bought 50 BTC at once .. almost up to .01, then waited a little bit and did it again in a 50 BTC order all the way up to .01. Then it started falling and it was done again from mid .0075 up to around .009 again in a 50 BTC order. I just wish there was more padding to keep the price fluctuations at bay .. but .. again there's only about 1,500 people on poloniex .. therefore a limited amount of money to hold the price steady. MP didn't even have a chance to pump, everything was dumped on polo. It sucks to be a pump and dump .. but I'm sure it'll go away as more and more people put their money on the market, where it belongs .. and not have all of it rotting away in a flash drive.

Thanks Smiley
      twistelaar
      Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 03:28:17 PM

Can anybody please tell me why Price Monero went down? Is there something to worrie about? thanks BTC
      kbm

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 03:42:23 PM

Can anybody please tell me why Price Monero went down? Is there something to worrie about? thanks BTC

That's a tough question. You'll hear the word "pump and dump teams" or "dump and pump teams" being thrown around a lot. That's only really part of the picture though. To smooth out wild fluctuations, the market demands lots of traders .. with the specific intent of wanting more XMR at the end of the day. Even better, anyone that owns XMR can be a trader!

Trying to get more XMR at the end of the day and succeeding means someone has spent bitcoin .. and the XMR that would have otherwise been in the hand of someone that clearly (or probably) didn't want the XMR is now in my capable hands. If everyone were a trader, there could be a very powerful force keeping major fluctuations from happening. Specifically .. if I have 50 xmr laying around .. and there's a gap as wide as .0052 top sell to .0050 top buy .. well that's a problem and an easy opportunity to make some more XMR .. while preventing someone from 'overbuying' it (or 'overselling' it in the reverse scenario)

Usually I'd just put some of my xmr for sale around .0052 and then if it sells .. put it back up immediately to buy xmr at around .0050 or a little higher. I don't flop it lazily on the market .. I break it up into as many small pieces as I can. Most of all .. I have fun with it. It's a currency, and must be well traded and traveled to get real value .. but that's just what I do I don't recommend anyone do that.

So my answer, is that it's my own fault .. because when someone wanted some xmr .. i wasn't fast enough to sell it to them .. and also wasn't fast enough to buy it from someone who wanted to sell it low.

Thanks Smiley
      aminorex
      Legendary

Activity: 1596
      Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 03:50:20 PM

Can anybody please tell me why Price Monero went down?

Stupid sheep.

Is there something to worrie about? thanks BTC

No.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
      CripLib

Activity: 175

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 03:53:49 PM

(...) Meanwhile it seems the guys, who dumped the price are trying to buy low now.

I'm affraid to say it's not from me they will buy cheap XMR though Wink

INSTANT GAMBLING  .!..PRIMEDICE.... 0.91% HOUSE EDGE
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
      THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BITCOIN GAMBLING WEBSITE
      sft

Activity: 53
      Merit: 0

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

Development team is very strong, very active in the community, I am optimistic about this coin
      twistelaar
      Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 04:00:06 PM

Can anybody please tell me why Price Monero went down?

Stupid sheep.

Is there something to worrie about? thanks BTC

No.

Hey mister, be kind.  Kiss
      owlcatz
      Legendary

Activity: 3626
      Merit: 1967

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 04:02:20 PM

Development team is very strong, very active in the community, I am optimistic about this coin

You are not alone. if you understand the technology, you will appreciate this coin. Grin

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
      ██████████
      ██████▀▀▀██
      ████▀█████▀█
      ██████████
      ██████████
      █████████████
      ░▄████
      █████████████
      ███████████████████
      ███████████████████
      ████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ████████▄▄▄████████
      ███████████████████
      █████████████████▀
      ░░░██
      ▄▄▄█
      █████
      ░░░██
      ░░░██
      ░░░██
      ░░░██
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ▄██████
      █▌░▐██
      ███████▀
      █████████████████████
      ██
      ███████████████████
      ██
      ███████████████████
      ██
      ████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
      ██
      ██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
      ██
      ███▄▄██░░███░░█████
      ██
      ███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
      ██
      ██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
      ██
      ██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
      ██
      ███████████████████
      ██
      ███████████████████
      ██
      ███████████████████
      █████████████████████
      ████
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██

██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ████
      ████
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██

██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ████
      ████
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██

██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ██
      ████
      ████
      ██

██
      ████
      ████
      ██

██
      ████
      [/ce
      Sglasio

Activity: 224

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 04:22:27 PM

my 6*gpu has 1900-2200 khs.. who get more?
      R9 280X Vapor-X OC
      kbm

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 04:29:24 PM

R9 280X Vapor-X OC

Do they have hynix or elpida memory? Claymore has posted a hynix memory card to have speeds of 450 h/s. If yours has elpida it will be lower than that. Use something like gpu-z to see what kind of memory you have.

Thanks Smiley
      Sglasio

Activity: 224

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 04:58:58 PM

R9 280X Vapor-X OC

Do they have hynix or elpida memory? Claymore has posted a hynix memory card to have speeds of 450 h/s. If yours has elpida it will be lower than that. Use something like gpu-z to see what kind of memory you have.
      i know it, elpida
      dunchy

Activity: 299
      Merit: 250

View Profile
      June 25, 2014, 05:02:16 PM

R9 280X Vapor-X OC

Sorry did you mean you have 6 R9280x graphic cards that give ~2000Hash/sec in total?
      Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 2123 »
        Print  

Jump to: