Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15693 times)
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:04:43 PM

He already knows that Bytecoin is 80% premined but he is holding too many Bytecoins to deny that  Grin
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YesBoss69

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:32:53 AM

This is quite an undynamic argument. Whatever happened to championing the technology behind these currencies? Without development they're both going nowhere, and the devs have gotta be on the ball with finding innovative ways to apply cnote regardless.

By making assumptions of other people being trolls, you yourself start looking trollish. But I'm not accusing you guys in any way, because that's what it would be: just assumptions..
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:39:04 PM

This is quite an undynamic argument. Whatever happened to championing the technology behind these currencies? Without development they're both going nowhere, and the devs have gotta be on the ball with finding innovative ways to apply cnote regardless.

By making assumptions of other people being trolls, you yourself start looking trollish. But I'm not accusing you guys in any way, because that's what it would be: just assumptions..

Those aren't assumptions, bytecoin is using fake accounts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg7505638#msg7505638

You cant get better proof then someone like onemorebtc even admitting that he sold his account that is now used by bytecoin.

UnitedColors

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:44:08 PM

No need to argue right now... We will only be able to tell  who is the winner after some time. What is happening to Monero today is a good pump. What's gonna happen next? Dump? or success?  We can't tell.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 05:47:50 PM

No need to argue right now... We will only be able to tell  who is the winner after some time. What is happening to Monero today is a good pump. What's gonna happen next? Dump? or success?  We can't tell.

hey, at least something is happening Tongue
YesBoss69

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:01:51 AM

Those aren't assumptions, bytecoin is using fake accounts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg7505638#msg7505638

You cant get better proof then someone like onemorebtc even admitting that he sold his account that is now used by bytecoin.

I'm not sure one account's enough to assume a rotten apple though to be honest, and of course proving the dev's involvement is another thing.
No need to argue right now... We will only be able to tell  who is the winner after some time. What is happening to Monero today is a good pump. What's gonna happen next? Dump? or success?  We can't tell.

Agreed, arguing wasn't what I intended.. but somehow there needs to be some news soon that isn't conjecture - like for example that thread that appeared earlier about difficulty flaws, hope it doesn't give people the fear.
tjkurtisss

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:29:41 PM

A brief exlanation of why this discussion is pointless and... stupid.
Apparently none of these two is perfect. Stop repeating the same statements, let people make up their own opinion. Back in the days i was fortunate enough to never come across a thread like this one (or maybe they didnt even exist). So i was able to think and make choices . And i chose Bytecoin and i dont regret it.

Donations welcome: 6d36246a-fc42-493f-afef-46936974c2bf
YesBoss69

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

A brief exlanation of why this discussion is pointless and... stupid.
Apparently none of these two is perfect. Stop repeating the same statements, let people make up their own opinion. Back in the days i was fortunate enough to never come across a thread like this one (or maybe they didnt even exist). So i was able to think and make choices . And i chose Bytecoin and i dont regret it.

Agreed, but really it shouldn't be about choosing at all - the coins themselves are somewhat means to an end, it's the technology behind them that really matters. That's what a) is going to survive and b) has the potential to spawn all sorts of reincarnations which will have the support and knowledge behind them to go further and be more successful.
YesBoss69

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:56:55 AM

Claiming that a coin is using fake accounts is a bit of a stretch. There are many shills around the forums and attempting to attribute them to one coin or another isn’t going to get you far – there are people that try to sabotage other coins by doing just that. Not to mention there are backers of coins that may purchase accounts; it doesn’t mean that the coin’s developers are the ones doing it.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:06:29 PM

BCN looks dead to me. No buy support. Extreme selling pressure on Poloniex. We don't need to mention about BCN any more. The candidate to compete with XMR is BBR - BoolBerry

This isn't the case.

Monero has several long term competitors that could eventually ruin us if they do everything right. (Doing everything right is hard!) Boolberry is not one of them.

Boolberry is offering Litecoin over Bitcoin functionality where little changes are being hailed as revolutionary. It's the exact same situation I remember with Litecoin, the POW algo, the four times faster transactions, etc... Like I have said many times, if Litecoin overtakes Bitcoin most of the money will leave CryptoCoins for good. The same goes for Boolberry, if Boolberry overtakes Monero it's a signal to the market that no CryptoNote can hold value due to fear of competitor with small changes. If BBR overtakes XMR most of the money will leave CryptoNote and never come back, you'd be a fool to invest after something like that happens.

Anyway, Boolberries and Bytecoin are not a threat, Monero's longterm competition are coins that offer a substantially better system.

Bitmonero was announced 11 days before Boolberry. Bitmonero was launched 4/18. Bitmonero was taken over around 4/24 and renamed Monero. Boolberry was launched 5/17. Both were forks of Bytecoin. Portraying BBR as an XMR fork with minor differences is not just misleading but a lie.

Both BBR and XMR were launched to correct perceived shortcomings in Bytecoin.

BCN is being loaded by XMR insiders now as a lottery type pick from 33 satoshis it's a no brainer wayyy more upside to Bytecoin :-D weeeee

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcn

Cool

_!_ >.> hodl BCN gentlemen!

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Korlua

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:13:20 PM

BCN vs XMR => a disproportionate comparison  Wink Wink
recursion

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:52:52 AM

I realized Monero is scam as soon as I downloaded their wallet