Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:15:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 2125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669660 times)
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:51:44 AM

thank for GUI link

Reason for the the half ass monero wallet is that you cannot mine directly to the crypto exchange. Before the crytpo exchange accepts payment it needs to generate a payment ID that you add to command along with the amount and address when attempt a withdrawal with the half ass wallet to process payments.  The payment id is generated along with address with on the crypto exchange. They are two different sets of numbers and letter. The mining pools dont use payment Ids.

Please someone "EXPLAIN" how do you add the seed nodes to this crap wallet. Do I make a .conf file, do i go through the command line? I don't have a file that says peerlist or seed node, typing help in the simplewallet is no help. Please help how do I add the seeds to this wallet so it can become sync?      If need a tip to help just say it please

Wow you need to chill dude, just because you cant use a simple command line interface doesnt make the wallet half assed at all. It means you need to spend two seconds learning how to use it. I was going to help you but with that attitude and the fact you want to mine directly to an exchange means its not really worth anyones while. Come back, ask direct questions and act like you need help rather than deserve it and people will be more accommodating.
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:58:15 AM

3.6 mBTC Price is so low I should buy a tone. Buy right now and sell x3 in less than a month. Wink
soulistyce

Activity: 698
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

gpu mining destroyed the coin value
everyday its lower and lower
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:09:23 AM

thank for GUI link

Reason for the the half ass monero wallet is that you cannot mine directly to the crypto exchange. Before the crytpo exchange accepts payment it needs to generate a payment ID that you add to command along with the amount and address when attempt a withdrawal with the half ass wallet to process payments.  The payment id is generated along with address with on the crypto exchange. They are two different sets of numbers and letter. The mining pools dont use payment Ids.

Please someone "EXPLAIN" how do you add the seed nodes to this crap wallet. Do I make a .conf file, do i go through the command line? I don't have a file that says peerlist or seed node, typing help in the simplewallet is no help. Please help how do I add the seeds to this wallet so it can become sync?      If need a tip to help just say it please

Wow you need to chill dude, just because you cant use a simple command line interface doesnt make the wallet half assed at all. It means you need to spend two seconds learning how to use it. I was going to help you but with that attitude and the fact you want to mine directly to an exchange means its not really worth anyones while. Come back, ask direct questions and act like you need help rather than deserve it and people will be more accommodating.

Confirm. I've tested Monero on 3 different computers under 64-bit Windows 7. When I switched to 64-bit Monero, ALL GOES PERFECTLY. Instructions to migrate to 64-bit Monero I've posted earlier this thread bold instructions.

Monero is actually zero-configuration coin, no peers or seends or any other parameters you need to fine tuning. Stupidly run bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe and type "help" at command prompt. Sure GUI is often less trivial to learn, than CLI interfaces. Just type "help" and copy-paste commands...

If something goes wrong, it's internet connection problem. My 3 computers uses internet of 2 different providers, and all works fine, while internet is alive. If connection drops, I just type "exit" and restart monero executables.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:11:46 AM

Gpu and asics didn't destroyed bitcoin value...
The ratio cpu/gpu hash power is fair (probably the fairest of all algo).
dreamspark

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:15:54 AM

Just look at the net hash and difficulty, both are still climbing, this is like the coiled spring you see after any crypto has a big run up. Wont take much for the price to rocket and sellers at this price to be caught with their pants down.
coinguy88

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:21:10 AM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 11:14:54 AM by coinguy88

Reason for the the half ass monero wallet is that you cannot mine directly to the crypto exchange. Before the crytpo exchange accepts payment it needs to generate a payment ID that you add to command along with the amount and address when attempt a withdrawal with the half ass wallet to process payments.  The payment id is generated along with address with on the crypto exchange. They are two different sets of numbers and letter. The mining pools dont use payment Ids.

First of all there is nothing wrong with the command line wallet.  I have used it to transfer thousands of coins.  If you are not patient or smart enough it is not the wallets fault.  I would not usually be so blunt but you come in with all this attitude and then ask for help like you're the fucking Queen of Denmark.

I am under no impression you need to add seed nodes to the current daemon.  It finds the network fine.
1.  Run bitmonerod.  Let it run long enough to get the blockchain (or downlod a copy like the OP mentions).
2.  Run simplewallet and create a new (or login to an old) wallet.

It's that damn simple.

Hey just cause it says new member doesn't mean I'm a amateur. I have worked freeware programs software codes that are probably using right now. The thing is they want this coin to be treated like money RIght? Well I dont have to rewrite my Regions Bank app to send money or recieve money. People are having a lot of issues with this wallet I like this coin, asshole, I want it move but it cant do that if only people who know how to write code are the only ones can work the wallet.

Wallet ran for 24hr+some no seed connection not a fucking one also use 3 different PC. You were one of the blessed ones to get a working copy for the other 20 to 30 % (READ THE TREADS) WE HAD TO DO SOMETHING OTHER YOUR  SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS  

It not that simple, trust me if it was I wouldn't be here. I am not the only one. I been mining since 2010 buddy never had a problem with a wallet I couldnt fix until this shit. I want the Devs here for the cryptonight coin to last and to do that means tell hard truths

I'm bout to be a full time programer I need dont really need to use GUI.  I just dont think i should have to hack the wallet to get it to sync.

I wasn't asking for help like an asshole..... asshole. didnt you see the smiley faces oh my bad let me rewrite the question not just for but for the others

SmileyPlease someone "EXPLAIN" how do you add the seed nodes to this wallet. Do I make a .conf file, do i go through the command line? I don't have a file that says peerlist or seed node, typing help in the simplewallet is no help. Please help how do I add the seeds to this wallet so it can become sync?   Huh    If need a tip to help just say it please
florida.haunted

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:21:20 AM

Gpu and asics didn't destroyed bitcoin value...
The ratio cpu/gpu hash power is fair (probably the fairest of all algo).

Price drops because developers are silent. They are late but do not warn us about. Developers has to maintain special 'official support man' who answers user questions here this thread. I can be almost volunteer for symbolic low bounty, for example. Many people wish do it!

But we need distinct official status that reflects in our bitcointalk profiles & avatars.
mindless

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:07:26 AM

Our pool has set up a very stable custom Monero Daemon:
http://pool.cryptoescrow.eu
Since the daemon update - 4 days running without any crashes or getting stuck.

Monero Development Supporting Pool - Low 0.8% Fee + 0.2% Donation to Monero development, 24/7 Monitoring.
dreamspark

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:18:14 AM

LOL a programmer who needs needs a GUI. A programmer who also believes that people were *blessed* with a different copy of the same binaries. No body will help you while you call everyone an ass hole, the wallet (which the vast majority have got on with) shit and refuse to read the people replies who have helped you.

Ill quote it for you as you decided to ignore the response "Monero is actually zero-configuration coin, no peers or seends or any other parameters you need to fine tuning "

Ill even help you out a bit more as I cant deal with your screaming in this thread. Come to IRC channel #monero. Ask in there as thats where the devs spend most their time and we can help you with technical problems without you calling everything shit because you cant get it to work.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:23:05 AM

http://mro.extremepool.org   1% going to dev for pool code. 
Thanks zone117x for all you have done for the community.
Thanks for confirming this is correct:

extremepool.org US - West  dayas  0.1%, zone117x -  Fees: 2%

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:29:13 AM

Please someone "EXPLAIN" how do you add the seed nodes to this wallet. Do I make a .conf file, do i go through the command line? I don't have a file that says peerlist or seed node, typing help in the simplewallet is no help. Please help how do I add the seeds to this wallet so it can become sync? If need a tip to help just say it please

If you can't connect you are behind a firewall which won't let you. The seeds were needed when a failed ex developer of the coin removed his seed nodes by purpose. Then the new nodes were added into the code (and the compiled binaries). If you really need to connect to a seed node of your choice just use the command which you quoted a few times - you had the answer in your question. To connect to a specific seed node run bitmonerod with the --seed-node option:

Code:
bitmonerod --seed-node 62.210.78.186:18080 --seed-node 195.12.60.154:18080 --seed-node 54.241.246.125:18080 --seed-node 107.170.157.169:18080 --seed-node 54.207.112.216:18080 --seed-node 78.27.112.54:18080 --seed-node 209.222.30.57:18080 --seed-node 80.71.13.55:18080 --seed-node 107.178.112.126:18080

I don't think this will help you, because you should change your firewall options and not the daemon options.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:33:28 AM

Location? Nick of official IRC presence?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

who dump?

claymore?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:58:20 AM

Price drops because developers are silent. They are late but do not warn us about. Developers has to maintain special 'official support man' who answers user questions here this thread. I can be almost volunteer for symbolic low bounty, for example. Many people wish do it!

But we need distinct official status that reflects in our bitcointalk profiles & avatars.
Price is "low" because of the inflation rate and we expect it to be that way for quite some time still, with a low rise, one feature at a time. The "low price" is more than three times what it was when it landed on Poloniex.
I am a dev, I am here. I read everything. Most of the time, I remain silent because we believe a community must be able to stand by itself. You want us to babysit you? Go buy another coin. Read the manual. When was the last time I read a newbie mentionning he read the manual before badmouthing the wallet? (answer: last week).
Something positive though:
- the more people are coming into Monero, the worse the signal-to-noise ratio (hint for those who don't understand signal-to-noise ratio: google for the term, I won't babysit you). So if we have a low SNR, this means that we are enjoying success.
- "low" price => wider spread of monero

About being late: to be late, you must have given some deadline and failed to deliver. We don't provide deadline, out of "one missive per week" - no, this doesn't mean we're "going Debian" either.

About official support man: there is none and this is good. There are two major teams: core team (monero account) and extended team (monero-extended account). Oftentimes, members of both teams reply with their own nick (and this is good too).

Official status: there is the "description" field in profile and there is the signature. No need for something else.

You want to get sortta rich quick? Go elsewhere. You want to get real rich in two years (expected time for the effects of inflation to get lower)? Hold your coins. You want to get a lot of XMR coins? Either buy with fiat from your source of regular income (salary, welfare...), ride the pump and dump waves at your own risk or invest in creator of store of values (see my sig)

You want to participate in the development of monero? I assume if you want and can, you'll figure out by yourself how to do it.

florida.haunted

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:08:46 AM

I don't think this will help you, because you should change your firewall options and not the daemon options.

+1. We need sticky FAQ in the 1st page of the thread, with all this typical questions. Firewall is quite common, and people are confusing..

Dear customers! You should encounter a problem with bitmonerod - it may be fail to connect to p2p monero net. It is because you under FIREWALL.

How these users can bypass a firewall?
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:11:55 AM

why the price value of the coin is falling, never seen it that low.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:21:11 AM

Price is "low" because of the inflation rate and we expect it to be that way for quite some time still, with a low rise, one feature at a time. The "low price" is more than three times what it was when it landed on Poloniex.

And before Poloniex, it was already regarded as "high" or "pump" in the trading thread by those who had no stake. XMR is still, even at these levels, not a "cheap" coin. It needs to deliver the implicit promises in a timely manner against the exponentially (would be more dramatic to say increasing but that is not correct Wink ) decreasing new mintage coming to the market.

- the more people are coming into Monero, the worse the signal-to-noise ratio (hint for those who don't understand signal-to-noise ratio: google for the term, I won't babysit you). So if we have a low SNR, this means that we are enjoying success.

This is right. If you want to have a deeper discussion on XMR (and other alts), there is my altcoin observer, for example. Following this thread is indeed too much for people whose time carries a price tag.

- "low" price => wider spread of monero

I am afraid I don't believe this one. Low price just means fewer miners and buyers. High price is higher spread, which is good. But XMR price is just about right atm, not too low to degenerate into what would be labeled ninjamining 2 years afterwards, and also not too high to risk a dev/earlyadopter dump-and-abandon scheme.

Having said in May that I like it at 0.004 and like a lot at 0.002 but would not buy over 0.010 (because it will come down so I can continue buying), I think I am vindicated by the market.

About official support man: there is none and this is good. There are two major teams: core team (monero account) and extended team (monero-extended account). Oftentimes, members of both teams reply with their own nick (and this is good too).

Actually this might be a good idea to have! Just a technical guy who is reachable by chat from the XMR webpage. Most of the newbie questions can be answered by someone who is not in dev level right (and I know at least one person who had several devs helping him to install a wallet with no success still to this day....Wink )

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
coinguy88

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:25:20 AM

LOL a programmer who needs needs a GUI. A programmer who also believes that people were *blessed* with a different copy of the same binaries. No body will help you while you call everyone an ass hole, the wallet (which the vast majority have got on with) shit and refuse to read the people replies who have helped you.

Ill even help you out a bit more as I cant deal with your screaming in this thread. Come to IRC channel #monero. Ask in there as thats where the devs spend most their time and we can help you with technical problems without you calling everything shit because you cant get it to work.

LOL ....Man, Look this shit is frustrating but Thanks bro I will hit up the ICR channel if they dont have the answer fuck it.

To guy that was talking about firewalls ....Yea thats a good idea, and that was the first thing I thought was happen I disable all my firewalls, antivirus and I ran the command line that i post IDK maybe its something deeper maybe it will work it self out
dreamspark

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 11:29:45 AM

why the price value of the coin is falling, never seen it that low.

You must be new here, some of us were buying at 0.0003, wish it would go as low as Ive seen it again Smiley Infact my mining costs at the beginning were way way lower than that.

Actually this might be a good idea to have! Just a technical guy who is reachable by chat from the XMR webpage. Most of the newbie questions can be answered by someone who is not in dev level right (and I know at least one person who had several devs helping him to install a wallet with no success still to this day....Wink )

Most of the people who can help find it very hard to sift through a thread such as this and a conversation in a forum style is very hard to be both quick and legible. Anyone who needs any additional help can always come over to IRC. Myself and many others are more than happy to answer any questions in there and indeed many do pop in, ask a quick question and leave again. Its by far a better system than trawling through an ann thread.

Time to get rid of that pesky mac Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 [423] 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 2125 »
  Print  

Jump to: