Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:39:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4669163 times)
edubai

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:31:26 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 11:15:39 AM by edubai

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:55:51 PM

Has anyone heard any news of gambling sites for CN coins at all? That would almost be a welcome addition to break up the pool spam a little bit.

I just feel like there's some dice or poker or slots I could be playing Cheesy

Totally agree.

Of course realize it's early - but this community needs a little something to do while it waits for this coin to grow in utility. Gambling is always the answer  Wink

I'm following up on one idea for this kbm. keep an eye out this month.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:00:21 PM

Is donation to zone117x really relevant? Is there any reason not to show closed source pools?
Donation: for now, the destination address is hardcoded to zone117x's address. It may change later.
We do not show closed-source because there is enough open-source pools (contrary to miners)
By this logic you shouldn't be adding any new pools to the list, and you shouldn't list any closed source miners. Seems like people really hate minergate... The list should be neutral.
Mumbles

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:46:31 PM

Classic mistake. You equate valid concern around lack of progress with dislike for the currency. It is in fact, the oppostite. If I didn't want XMR to succeed I wouldn't bother posting. Just want people to understand the true state of progress on here. Ignoring it or pretending the devs are somehow making great progress is exactly the wrong thing to do. I'd much rather have a realistic view of the things I invest in than be a sunshine pumper and say everything is great.

It seems like you have a strong dislike for this currency...
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:53:15 PM

Incorrect. I said it seems like that. Do not put words in my mouth.

Specifically what I'm equating is that you have not mentioned even one single thing you liked about this currency -- to which I asked you to present, in the least, 5 things you currently like since the project started.

After that, I will accept your concerns as valid just like any real person. Before that, you're just a concern troll.

Realistically, you've mentioned exactly zero things you like about this. I asked you to name five. Everyone has concerns (you more than many), but if you can't even come up with 5 things that you like then you will be added to my ignore list (or at least I'll say it and continue to reading your miserable posts anyways Wink )

Thanks Smiley
btell

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:54:13 PM

Latium coin. hmmm sounds quite ok...

You are mistaken in thread, go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=610614.0

Did you know that yesterday was a bithday of Adi Shamir, 62 years old, one of the famous creators of RSA, and even Ring Signatures, used in Monero? Happy birthday, Adi Shamir!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Shamir

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_signature
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:55:30 PM

Classic mistake. You equate valid concern around lack of progress with dislike for the currency. It is in fact, the oppostite. If I didn't want XMR to succeed I wouldn't bother posting. Just want people to understand the true state of progress on here. Ignoring it or pretending the devs are somehow making great progress is exactly the wrong thing to do. I'd much rather have a realistic view of the things I invest in than be a sunshine pumper and say everything is great.

It seems like you have a strong dislike for this currency...

Incorrect. I said it seems like that. Do not put words in my mouth.

Specifically what I'm equating is that you have not mentioned even one single thing you liked about this currency -- to which I asked you to present, in the least, 5 things you currently like since the project started.

After that, I will accept your concerns as valid just like any real person. Before that, you're just a concern troll.

Realistically, you've mentioned exactly zero things you like about this. I asked you to name five. Everyone has concerns (you more than many), but if you can't even come up with 5 things that you like then you will be added to my ignore list (or at least I'll say it and continue to reading your miserable posts anyways Wink )

That's because Mumbles is doing what I call, "Fake-Friend-Trolling", where he trolls a coin and pretends to like it, while trolling it cleverly in an attempt to make it seem as thought there are no good features, only bad ones. He most likely represents a competitors of the coin he's trolling, hence his Newbies status, he's probably a sockpuppet account.

I'm a Alpha-Member Troll, Mumbles, I know all your tricks.
svetliopi44

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:05:19 PM

I wonder who sell at such a low price on this great hardships.
This may be only our developer with 5%
For him it is easy coins and he does not care what they pay for electricity.
If you do not stop soon, this and other coins will be dead.

kbm

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:20:13 PM

I wonder who sell at such a low price on this great hardships.
This may be only our developer with 5%
For him it is easy coins and he does not care what they pay for electricity.
If you do not stop soon, this and other coins will be dead.

People who sell at low price - anyone who decides they want BTC at that time moreso than they want XMR. Could literally be anyone.

You mean Claymore, the developer of closed source third party mining software .. who has released a developer fee free version?

Let's go down that road. If even 100% of the mining was done with his software, he would only get 1152 coins/day. This is about 4.2% of the 24 h volume according to PLX. Pretty sure that logic's full of holes now ..

Unless you want to say he gets them for free so he spends his time buying them back only to sell them lower .. right? Makes sense  Roll Eyes.

Of course it's much more likely that 1/3 of mining is done with GPU's, but let's make it 2/5 just for kicks. This means he gets 460.8 MRO/day, real scary. That's about 1.7% of the 24 hr volume. If someones dropping the price .. it's not Claymore. It's anyone mining this selling this to people who think it will be worth even more than when they bought it. Hows that a killer? Where's the logic?

Thanks Smiley
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:37:13 PM

I suspect some sellers are those who bought for dirt cheap but didnt sell at the top and are now feeling pressure to get a little profit rather then nothing. I got most of my coins at less then .002 but i aint selling because there is clearly a race now for a privacy-centric coin. That is the future no doubt, and the winner will be going to the moon alongside BTC. My horse is monero, but time will tell.
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

I suspect some sellers are those who bought for dirt cheap but didnt sell at the top and are now feeling pressure to get a little profit rather then nothing. I got most of my coins at less then .002 but im not selling because there is clearly a race now for a privacy-centric coin. That is the future no doubt, and the winner will be going to the moon alongside BTC. My horse is monero, but time will tell.

Yeah, pretty crazy to be selling now considering the long list of inferior coins that have gone to 50+ million max caps. I can see short-term this 0.003 wall dropping and the coin bottoming out as the market contracts, but the future seems clear.

Max caps:
-Litecoin (900 m)
-Auroracoin (220 m)
-Peercoin (152 m)
-NXT (100 m)
-Mastercoin (100 m)
-Doge (90 m)
-Darkcoin (61 m)
-Quark (60 m)

-Monero today - 3.8 m

if you think XMR has even a tiny chance of accomplishing this too, you'd be foolish to not hold at least a few % of your portfolio.
I think the odds are in our favor. Or maybe I'm the crazy one.

Also I think this coin has a chance to succeed and be even larger where those above have lost ground (mostly due to uninnovative/flawed development or bad distribution, although too early to say for DRK, MSC)

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

I suspect some sellers are those who bought for dirt cheap but didnt sell at the top and are now feeling pressure to get a little profit rather then nothing. I got most of my coins at less then .002 but im not selling because there is clearly a race now for a privacy-centric coin. That is the future no doubt, and the winner will be going to the moon alongside BTC. My horse is monero, but time will tell.

Yeah, pretty crazy to be selling now considering the long list of inferior coins that have gone to 50+ million max caps. I can see short-term this 0.003 wall dropping and the coin bottoming out as the market contracts, but the future seems clear.

Max caps:
-Auroracoin (220 m)
-Peercoin (152 m)
-NXT (100 m)
-Mastercoin (100 m)
-Doge (90 m)
-Darkcoin (61 m)
-Quark (60 m)

-Monero today - 3.8 m

if you think XMR has even a tiny chance of accomplishing this too, you'd be foolish to not hold at least a few % of your portfolio.

Also I think this coin has a chance to succeed and be even larger where those above have lost ground (mostly due to flawed development or bad distribution, although too early to say for DRK, MSC)

Why stop there? We should be aiming to take Litecoin's spot.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:59:40 PM

Max caps:
-Auroracoin (220 m)
-Peercoin (152 m)
-NXT (100 m)
-Mastercoin (100 m)
-Doge (90 m)
-Darkcoin (61 m)
-Quark (60 m)

-Monero today - 3.8 m

Also I think this coin has a chance to succeed and be even larger where those above have lost ground (mostly due to flawed development or bad distribution, although too early to say for DRK, MSC)

Why stop there? We should be aiming to take Litecoin's spot.

Added.

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:06:05 PM

Has anyone heard any news of gambling sites for CN coins at all? That would almost be a welcome addition to break up the pool spam a little bit.

I just feel like there's some dice or poker or slots I could be playing Cheesy

Totally agree.

Of course realize it's early - but this community needs a little something to do while it waits for this coin to grow in utility. Gambling is always the answer  Wink

I'm following up on one idea for this kbm. keep an eye out this month.

Just had another thought about this.

A highly gambled coin probably drives up value (DOGE in Jan) as if it drops, coins are not as often on exchange, but on gambling sites - players will "chase" lost USD value, lose the coins, then buy back on exchange due to FOMO. If it goes up, players will gamble because they have "found money" in their pockets.

A non-gambled coin would just be kept/sold on the exchange by weak hands (XMR today).

Thesis: Someone make some XMR Dice Wink

Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
kbm

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:12:47 PM

Just had another thought about this.

A highly gambled coin probably drives up value (DOGE in Jan) as if it drops, coins are not as often on exchange, but on gambling sites - players will "chase" lost USD value, lose the coins, then buy back on exchange due to FOMO. If it goes up, players will gamble because they have "found money" in their pockets.

A non-gambled coin would just be kept/sold on the exchange by weak hands (XMR today).

Thesis: Someone make some XMR Dice Wink

Plus, imagine all that extra attention of being potentially the first online outlet allowing people to 'spend' XMR freely!

Thanks Smiley
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:27:03 PM

Hi,

I've been unable to sync bitmonerod on my 32 bit machines this past week, previously they were working fine.

Now their stuck on block 107407 I've tried restoring, deleting and re downloading the blockchain but they still
get stuck.

Any ideas?

Can I transfer my 32bit wallet files to a 64bit setup?

Thank you

Florida.Haunted posted working instructions a few pages back. I followed those instructions and all went well. Thanks man Smiley

*WINDOWS USERS* (I think Linux users may do very very the same)

In case of any technical problem you have encountered with Monero:

0. Assume your 32-bit wallet file name is "wallet.bin" (adjust this instruction for other name accordingly)
1. Backup your wallet.bin.* files.
2. Delete ALL Monero files from your computer.
3. Download 64-bit Monero zip & blockchain.bin from 1st sticky page of this thread.
4. Unzip & place all the files downloaded above to the directory: "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero\".
5. From the backup made at step 1, place wallet.bin.* files !!! EXCEPT wallet.bin itself !!! into directory at step 4.
6. Start bitmonerod.exe and wait for it to sync with the net.
7. Start simplewallet by the commad prompt: "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin" (!!! name of the file that must NOT exist in directory at step 4 !!!).
8. When you want to stop any monero executables - ALWAYS type "exit" & be patient.

simplewallet re-creates correct version of wallet.bin for you.

Since you migrate to 64-bit Monero by CORRECT WAY mentioned above - you will never have any problem except being patient due to Monero is currently somewhat slow.

Many Thanks

btell

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:50:17 PM

Good news guys!

I've just verified that core team developers do respond at irc chat at freenode. I asked them questions I interested in, and they cleared much stuff you are being afraid at bitcointalk.

1. How to observe developer's activity - just follow

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/network

- this is the whole github Monero network graph, so you can start from it, discovering individual branches names, such as 'master', 'blockchain', 'rpcwallet', etc. Then you may explore commits inside individual branches. Take more help at github web-site itself. Just play with it!

Note, individual branches may merge into master time to time, new branches may arrive to the scene, so there is no constant branches list - always start look from bitmonero network graph I mentioned above!

2. Devs will remove 32-bit executabes from 1st sticky page of this thread soon, and place a short FAQ on some critical points.

3. New monero.cc site design is coming, possibly this week.

So do not press devs on they are too slow. For example, dev can make many changes on it's local comp, but he will not commit it to public github branch unless he is sure in all the changes. Nevertheless, there are quite a lot commits even in public github branches daily.

If you have any questions to devs, feel free post them here, I will select most interesting and ask devs directly at irc. Please do not bother them yourself unless you are completely sure your question is actual and correct. Some questions I can answer you, some questions I will select everyday to ask devs directly.

Thank you for comprehension!
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:59:02 PM

i jumped on the XMR party a few days ago.  looks like i didnt time it too well Sad  !!

NEM, LSK, STRAT
btell

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:12:01 PM

i jumped on the XMR party a few days ago.  looks like i didnt time it too well Sad  !!

Just say happy birthday to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Shamir , age 62,

the one of the creators of Ring signature concept, used in Monero to be totally anonymous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_signature

Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:02:38 PM

me too

we should form a support group

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: