Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:40:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668380 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:37:58 PM

"everything Ethereum can do, Bitcoin can copy it".

In theory. Politically, good luck with that.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 09:32:30 PM

But with Monero, I bet it will be much easier.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:42:30 PM

HitBTC continues its campaign aimed at supporting XMR.

We have already declared the winners of our Fearless Pump campaign.

Now we would love to turn the community's attention to our 0% fee campaign that is still going on and will be until August 1st.

We invite everyone to trade at the HitBTC platform and encourage you to get in touch with us personally by email or PM here if you have any questions.
Sign in and enjoy your trading!

Why is Tibanne in an ad for hibtc?  And does he think that mask will prevent us from identifying him?  The little "M" on his collar reveals his first love.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:15:42 PM

Hi

I want to trade cryptocurrencies. I am new in it. I think that it is good idea to buy monero...
What do you think? Will it grow?
Thank you

you are new and you found your way here? wow, that makes you lucky, i think you should be 888 xmr. do it now.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

Deamon was running fine on my linux Ubuntu 12.1 for the past 5 days, but all of a sudden I am now getting the following error. Can anyone shed some light ?

2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406625 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=input stream error
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406732 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:213 Failed to init config.
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406803 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:35:34 PM

Poloniex has become unusable since they changed something on their web couple of days ago

Showing full order books loads up CPUs, but don't trust anything I say - I know little.  It could be something else, but likely related to full order book graphics.

I'ts being discussed now in polo trollbox, and busoni is aware of the problem.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
RentaMouse

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

Deamon was running fine on my linux Ubuntu 12.1 for the past 5 days, but all of a sudden I am now getting the following error. Can anyone shed some light ?

2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406625 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:82 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=input stream error
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406732 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/p2p/net_node.inl:213 Failed to init config.
2014-Jul-25 08:15:29.406803 ERROR /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.

I assume you have tried to restart and got the same error? Possible your p2pstate.bin file has got corrupted - its in the ~/.bitmonero hidden folder, you can stop your daemon and delete the file, it will then get recreated from the seed nodes when you restart the daemon.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
yambad

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:15:06 PM

Ethereum is new Ripple, because of this giant capitalization.

hughjays77

Merit: 504

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

Thank you,

I had already tried restart but p2pstate removal worked fine

I assume you have tried to restart and got the same error? Possible your p2pstate.bin file has got corrupted - its in the ~/.bitmonero hidden folder, you can stop your daemon and delete the file, it will then get recreated from the seed nodes when you restart the daemon.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:56:16 AM

I want to suggest something controversial:

Instead of XMR promoted as an alt-currency it could be called the first "privacy plug-in coin". It's not intended to totally replace BTC. XMR offers features that BTC can not do. XMR's blockchain can't be monitored in the same way and as a result allows anonymous payments.

XMR's killer app will be a distributed exchange that will trade XMR/BTC/altcoins. By trading in and out of XMR you re-enable privacy for BTC! Both coins may thrive off of each others success. As demand for privacy increases the more volume in the XMR/BTC pair.

XMR can be a huge success even if no one uses it as a currency. LTC always sold itself as bitcoin's silver. XMR is bitcoin's privacy plug-in. Poloniex is adding a bunch of trading pairs. I'm expecting that any coin that doesn't have anonymous payments will eventually pair with XMR to enable privacy.

This would create a unique situation in which coins will lean on XMR for privacy. Coins will be able to add privacy without worrying about their blockchain and as XMR copes with challenges in it's implentation, it can idependently change fees, etc to meet challenges. By evolving and using new strategies XMR can be THE PRIVACY PLUG-IN.
RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:07:26 AM

I want to suggest something controversial:

Instead of XMR promoted as an alt-currency it could be called the first "privacy plug-in coin". It's not intended to totally replace BTC. XMR offers features that BTC can not do. XMR's blockchain can't be monitored in the same way and as a result allows anonymous payments.

XMR's killer app will be a distributed exchange that will trade XMR/BTC/altcoins. By trading in and out of XMR you re-enable privacy for BTC! Both coins may thrive off of each others success. As demand for privacy increases the more volume in the XMR/BTC pair.

XMR can be a huge success even if no one uses it as a currency. LTC always sold itself as bitcoin's silver. XMR is bitcoin's privacy plug-in. Poloniex is adding a bunch of trading pairs. I'm expecting that any coin that doesn't have anonymous payments will eventually pair with XMR to enable privacy.

This would create a unique situation in which coins will lean on XMR for privacy. Coins will be able to add privacy without worrying about their blockchain and as XMR copes with challenges in it's implentation, it can idependently change fees, etc to meet challenges. By evolving and using new strategies XMR can be THE PRIVACY PLUG-IN.

I'm not sure its that controversial Smiley I dont see XMR as an ecommerce currency to rival BTC, except for market sectors where people want to remain anonymous and at a distance from the transaction, so no worries about how many confirmations are necessary - merchant can wait for 100 confirms and still ship same day. I think you're right about people trading in and out of XMR, it should be ideal for longterm hidden holding and easy to convert a small portion into BTC for day to day spending money.

Seems to be the way BTCdark is thinking now too, although they are talking about a pNXT exchange using Cryptonote to anonomise transactions, which sounds a bit like they are retro-fitting a solution which is already available in the alternative format you describe above. I may be unfair on them though, havent examined the proposal in depth.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:15:06 AM

I dont see XMR as an ecommerce currency to rival BTC, except for market sectors where people want to remain anonymous and at a distance from the transaction, so no worries about how many confirmations are necessary - merchant can wait for 100 confirms and still ship same day. I think you're right about people trading in and out of XMR, it should be ideal for longterm hidden holding and easy to convert a small portion into BTC for day to day spending money.
Yup, I see it as a "plug-in" that will always coexist with BTC. XMR supplies the privacy by being a seperate and secure market with lots of liquidity. Even the fact that the echange rate is variable to each transaction helps against correlating coins based on values. People may never directly deal in XMR other than their BTC clients silently moving BTC around in and out of XMR for privacy.
Glandoux

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

Hi,

I have been day trading alts since January and have made a bot to do all my work.  I am not really interested in investing in any new coins as I already have too much in alts at the moment and not trading some of the more popular is also wasted money. 

This is what I am offering anyone interested.  If you loan me your coins (I only need about 1-2BTC worth) I will use them to trade and give you 35% of profits from the coins.  Yes I understand that there will be a lot of people saying that this is a scam and so on and so forth but I have a lot of backing.  In the poker community I have done hundred of thousands of dollars in transactions with a flawless record and am fairly well known.  I just do not wish to invest anymore BTCs in alts that I do not know enough about.  I have also borrowed with interest (and paid back fully) about 100 BTCs for trading purposes when the volume was about 20x what it is now.

If anyone is interested please PM me, the three coins I currently am not trading that I would be looking for are the following:

CLOAK
XMR
SYNC

So please PM me if interested, if you post in this coin thread I may miss your post.

Thanks
Wikstr80

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:19:47 AM

Hi

What is the weekly growth of xmr?
Can you give me a link to sites with info about xmr(news, exchange rate etc)?
Thanks
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:37:22 AM

Hi

Thanks

We publish the Monero Missive every week. All of the previous ones are linked in the OP of this thread.

When you say "weekly growth" are you referring to the emission? There's a "Coins in circulation" chart here: http://monerochain.info/charts

In terms of historical exchange rate, you can use BitcoinWisdom if you're looking for more analytical tools: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/poloniex/xmrbtc

For general history I'd suggest looking at CryptoCoinCharts: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/xmr - clicking on the XMR/BTC pair for each exchange will show you a chart and other info.

Xmining

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:37:52 AM

Hi

Thanks

I think monero.cc is the best source of the news.

Also monero reddit is worth checking out once in a while.

You can find average exchange rate on coinmarketcap.com Smiley

Xmining pool - reliable pools for CryptoNote currencies! XMR, BCN, FCN, QCN, XDN, DSH, INF8, AEON, OEC.
Brad_BCK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:43:03 AM

Hi,

I have been day trading alts since January and have made a bot to do all my work.  I am not really interested in investing in any new coins as I already have too much in alts at the moment and not trading some of the more popular is also wasted money. 

This is what I am offering anyone interested.  If you loan me your coins (I only need about 1-2BTC worth) I will use them to trade and give you 35% of profits from the coins.  Yes I understand that there will be a lot of people saying that this is a scam and so on and so forth but I have a lot of backing.  In the poker community I have done hundred of thousands of dollars in transactions with a flawless record and am fairly well known.  I just do not wish to invest anymore BTCs in alts that I do not know enough about.  I have also borrowed with interest (and paid back fully) about 100 BTCs for trading purposes when the volume was about 20x what it is now.

If anyone is interested please PM me, the three coins I currently am not trading that I would be looking for are the following:

CLOAK
XMR
SYNC
Why CLOAK?
Where we can see results of your previous activity to be sure you know how to trade.
Hi
Thanks
exchange rates you can see on the exchanges. Try http://poloniex.com or https://hitbtc.com. I use them.
Or any other from the list (you can see it in the first post).
Or take a look here: http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/poloniex/xmrbtc

Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:57:05 AM

Hey guys, I have a huge question to XMR promo team and their actions.

Could you answer why your PR agency publishes a very controversial press release with a confusing email at the bottom?
http://www.pressat.co.uk/releases/nys-45-days-to-exchange-your-bitcoin-for-monero-4a505fd85756055adbab096249001371/

Amazing!
Isn't it called scam to mislead the investors that your promo campaign is endorsed by Department of Financial Services?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 08:59:09 AM

Could you answer why your PR agency publishes a very controversial press release with a confusing email at the bottom?
http://www.pressat.co.uk/releases/nys-45-days-to-exchange-your-bitcoin-for-monero-4a505fd85756055adbab096249001371/

Amazing!
Isn't it called scam to mislead the investors that your promo campaign is endorsed by Department of Financial Services?

That's nothing to do with us, we have not released any press releases. We can't control what other people do or force anyone not to do something.

Edit: also, there is no "XMR promo team". There is the core team, whose job is to advance XMR primarily from a technical perspective. There are contributors, who are almost entirely devoted to either contributing code to Monero, or to building related projects. We have neither the time, the money, nor the time to do ANY sort of promoting at this stage. In future when we have achieved a modicum of maturity and ease-of-use, sure, but right now it would be wasted effort.

Hexah

Merit: 265

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:07:50 AM

Amazing!

NY government supporting Monero - it's awesome! Oh wait... it doesn't. Why would you go for such a cheap move? It's not professional marketing move at all.

I understand that you want to engage more investors for your p&d coin but there are much more "fair" ways to do that.
Pages: « 1 ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 [529] 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: