Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668512 times)
Crypto_EX

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:21:47 PM

does claymore's miner really shave off 20% ontop of the 5%  ? i think i'm missing an extra 1 monero from my mining revenue today like i should have gotten 6 moneros today but i only got 5 !!

i heard that guy who made the miner is not honest and is stealing from us and has the fees set higher than 5% more like 25%  Sad

When you start mining on some XMR pool, it takes few hours for your coins to be credited as it takes many more confirmations to credit mined coins opposed to when you send coins from one place to another. It is possible you will get that extra 1 XMR few hours after you stop mining (i dont encourage you to stop).

dwarf pool already shows all that data and i'm still missing the extra 1 monero, man i hope that closed source crap miner ends and we get something open source like with other coins ...
PestoQuinty

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:24:16 PM

does claymore's miner really shave off 20% ontop of the 5%  ? i think i'm missing an extra 1 monero from my mining revenue today like i should have gotten 6 moneros today but i only got 5 !!

i heard that guy who made the miner is not honest and is stealing from us and has the fees set higher than 5% more like 25%  Sad

When you start mining on some XMR pool, it takes few hours for your coins to be credited as it takes many more confirmations to credit mined coins opposed to when you send coins from one place to another. It is possible you will get that extra 1 XMR few hours after you stop mining (i dont encourage you to stop).

dwarf pool already shows all that data and i'm still missing the extra 1 monero, man i hope that closed source crap miner ends and we get something open source like with other coins ...

One more thing, Claymore fee is not deducted from your address (to my understanding), but u hash for some of his addresses, so you wouldn't see it on pool's stats. Just be patient.

I could be wrong ofcourse.
Jshank

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 10:44:46 PM

you can mine here - http://moneropool.net/ (0 Miners) you can then see how many miners (addresses) connect with you. Claymores address was:

47mr7jYTroxQMwdKoPQuJoc9Vs9S9qCUAL6Ek4qyNFWJdqgBZRn4RYY2QjQfqEMJZVWPscupSgaqmUn 1dpdUTC4fQsu3yjN               - space is showing up in last third at  Un1dp, just delete space.

Unsure if this was changed in later versions. But this should show you how many hashes are going to that address. Please report your findings.
Atrides

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 10:45:06 PM

May be could somebody help me with open source ATI miner.
I have worked already on it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8117929#msg8117929

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
canonsburg

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:32:52 PM

May be could somebody help me with open source ATI miner.
I have worked already on it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8117929#msg8117929

Contact Wolf0 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=80740); he also has an unfinished OpenCL miner in progress.
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:48:31 PM

i heard that guy who made the miner is not honest and is stealing from us and has the fees set higher than 5% more like 25%  Sad

One more thing, Claymore fee is not deducted from your address (to my understanding), but u hash for some of his addresses, so you wouldn't see it on pool's stats. Just be patient.

I would strongly suggest yvg1900's (https://twitter.com/yvg1900) YAM miner.  1% fee (you can set the fee yourself, but not below 1%), and better performance then Claymore's (plus... has a linux version).

YAM Miner version M7v (link to post on twitter feed)
PestoQuinty

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:58:36 PM

i heard that guy who made the miner is not honest and is stealing from us and has the fees set higher than 5% more like 25%  Sad

I would strongly suggest yvg1900's (https://twitter.com/yvg1900) YAM miner.  1% fee (you can set the fee yourself, but not below 1%), and better performance then Claymore's (plus... has a linux version).

YAM Miner version M7v (link to post on twitter feed)

Forgive me for my noobness, but isn't YAM miner CPU only?
PestoQuinty

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 12:28:30 AM

In case anyone wonders why am i newbie account posting here, i am long time lurker, BC bagholder, found out about XMR soon after launching, shy on interwebz, but decided to go out and share his thoughts with the crypto world.

My mind was blown by the Bitcoin idea in early 2013 (yeah, my country is centuries behind the world), and started researching, found about this forum, lurked some threads, and found about essential investment logic with which i can stick with. XMR felt so natural to follow.
Crypto is to stay, improve, and "rule" the next generations to come.

I believe crypto needs something like Monero (XMR) in the upcoming months (or any better anon candidate, but i dont see any other), watching the happenings around the globe, economy crash, wars all around, Gaza genocide, HAARP usage, all kinds off things...

My (substantial) mining investment will stay here with XMR until someone (like AnonyMint) comes up with something that blows our minds, again.

Sorry for my english, its not my native language.

PQ

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 01:26:39 AM

All this effort expended by the trolls trolling Monero is very Bullish.  Encourages me to get more.

In case anyone wonders why am i newbie account posting here, i am long time lurker, BC bagholder, found out about XMR soon after launching, shy on interwebz, but decided to go out and share his thoughts with the crypto world.

My mind was blown by the Bitcoin idea in early 2013 (yeah, my country is centuries behind the world), and started researching, found about this forum, lurked some threads, and found about essential investment logic with which i can stick with. XMR felt so natural to follow.

I believe crypto needs something like Monero (XMR) in the upcoming months (or any better anon candidate, but i dont see any other), watching the happenings around the globe, economy crash, wars all around, Gaza genocide, HAARP usage, all kinds off things...

You won't find news about XMR in mainstream news/culture for the same reason you didn't found about Bitcoin in the early, most people like to share the really bad stuff while keeping the goodies for themselves, who would point to a stranger the location of a gold mine? XMR is like a gold mine to be found on the Internet right now, and Im not shy of telling people about it, but we need to find things for ourselves meanwhile the 'happening' you'll hear will almost always be useless sad info.

btw it doesnt matter that you are newbie, all are welcome, trolls using newbie accounts to troll are the problem.

PestoQuinty

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:14:31 AM

You won't find news about XMR in mainstream news/culture for the same reason you didn't found about Bitcoin in the early, most people like to share the really bad stuff while keeping the goodies for themselves, who would point to a stranger the location of a gold mine? XMR is like a gold mine to be found on the Internet right now, and Im not shy of telling people about it, but we need to find things for ourselves meanwhile the 'happening' you'll hear will almost always be useless sad info.

btw it doesnt matter that you are newbie, all are welcome, trolls using newbie accounts to troll are the problem.

Just a thought from another perspective, market may not behave in this way...

We dont need news in mainstream, in my experience as an underground DJ, i find it more effective when we explain things in person... Just like good music, u cant find it mainstream... More people try to do it that way, the more we all win... Mainstream can just polute the train of thoughts for some (network effect can be obtained in several ways)...

Just a thought from another perspective, market may not behave in this way...

Activity: 139

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:11:01 AM

First time to XMR community.It's a big and strong community,hope i can get sth Cheesy
liteon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

I'm a Firestarter!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 07:49:29 AM

I know this is intended to eliminate the need to load the blockchain into ram but will it do anything to address the size of the blockchain? either the size that it is now or the rate at which it is growing.

Potentially the on-disk size may be reduced (both initial size and growth rate), but we don't know how much yet (and probably not in the initial release). The original upstream implementation is as much as 2-2.5x larger than it needs to be.

Well, that's partially true, but I think we do need two databases, one for blocks themselves (keyed to header hash) and one for transactions (keyed to txid). The one for transactions can hopefully eventually be replaced by one for utxos that has most of the tx themselves pruned. But for now I'd guess the databases will store information like this, for rapid verification of payments.

That would be smart.

Selling NordVPN account with premium sub - expires 2021! PM me to buy.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 08:08:06 AM

I'm long time lurker too, want to ask why is a new update taking so long, is there trouble in development? are more donations needed? other coins are getting ahead (CLOACK, BOLBERRY...)

We have a Monero Missive once a week with updates. The last update was last week, the next one will be this week:)

Donations have been slow, which does make things tricky, but there has certainly been no lack of movement on things, as the Missive and the dev diary always do detail.

r05

Activity: 193

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:05:56 AM

I'm long time lurker too, want to ask why is a new update taking so long, is there trouble in development? are more donations needed? other coins are getting ahead (CLOACK, BOLBERRY...)
someone seems a bit paranoid

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:18:28 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2014, 09:33:05 AM by rpietila

Donations have been slow

I set up some guidelines in the donation thread, one is the accountability and transparency in the use of donations:
- who decides how money is spent
- who spends it
- how is it accounted for and monitored.

I kindly ask the devteam to write a few lines about this, so I feel much better to donate and promote others to do so.

EDIT: I don't have any distrust towards Monero devs, but there's a certain Forum that calls me Donator for the reason that I donated 10 BTC to them and none of it has been used for anything useful, as far as I know.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
r05

Activity: 193

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:35:44 AM

someone seems a bit paranoid

How the f. is my question paranoid, I bought a lot of XMR 2 months ago and I check the forum from time to time, Im just curious about the development + I dont own only XMR.
Well, this springs to mind:

That to me seems like someone is a bit over-edgy about the status of this coin. I don't think anyone who wasn't paranoid would immediately jump to those conclusions.

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:06:27 AM

Checking Github is all fine and good, but we should also take into account that not everyone will be able to understand progress by checking a dev repository. I think that it is consensual that the average user has a bit of a learning curve to deal with when first getting into monero as it is, so I kindly ask that we all try to be as friendly as possible to any newcomers and newbies.

Confession: I find it difficult sometimes to distinguish newcomers/newbies from the more elaborate/graceful FUD posters (if there is such a thing). The former deserve our inclusion efforts, the latter, well, we should just ignore them and appreciate the thread bump  Wink

~ Myagui

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:18:02 AM

Donations have been slow

I set up some guidelines in the donation thread, one is the accountability and transparency in the use of donations:
- who decides how money is spent
- who spends it
- how is it accounted for and monitored.

I kindly ask the devteam to write a few lines about this, so I feel much better to donate and promote others to do so.

EDIT: I don't have any distrust towards Monero devs, but there's a certain Forum that calls me Donator for the reason that I donated 10 BTC to them and none of it has been used for anything useful, as far as I know.

Sure: we've published the view key for the donation wallet precisely so there can be transparency (although, admittedly, the tooling does not exist as yet for anyone to peek in). The core team all decide together when money has to be spent.

A typical example could be where a team member wants to spend 20 hours working on Monero in a week. This necessitates them not spending those 20 hours working on their "normal" stuff that makes sure they can pay their bills at the end of the month. In this event, they can indicate the minimum rate necessary for them to recoup this lost income, and it is paid out of the dev donations.

Similarly, the cost of bandwidth used to serve blockchain downloads is heavy. We are moving those to infrastructure on unmetered ports, but that infrastructure also carries a cost.

Of course, since the donations have been slow, 90% of this is typically paid by those of us in the core team that have funds on-hand, in the hopes of recouping them at some point in the future.

Every expenditure is noted. We will likely make this public in some form in the future, but that will be subsequent to us receiving legal and financial advice as to the tax and privacy implications in doing so.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2014, 10:18:56 AM

Checking Github is all fine and good, but we should also take into account that not everyone will be able to understand progress by checking a dev repository.

Agreed, which is why we have the weekly Monero Missive so that nobody has to check the various github forks:)

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 10:21:29 AM

I think monero devs are doing quite good work with communication. The problem is the altcoin world, where 48 hours of no movement (meaning "rangebound +/- 10%") means that the coin is pronounced dead.

Of course communication can always be done better, like I also exhorted upthread, concernign the usage of donations.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: