Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4668454 times)
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:30:53 AM

I was about to post about this!

The importance statement is this : "during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode."

It means its at the very least an announcement technical by nature, otherwise why take questions afterwards? this means no cryptsy, no website, no gui (database thingy stuffy problem? ive no idea what i'm talking about lol) -- personally i'm betting on i2p integration ! remember that a few missives ago there were mentions of a partnership with i2p and anoncoin and talks about a fundation of some sort in order to make things smoother.

Or database thingy is done and this is the announcement.

I2p was what I was thinking.  Whatever it is, +1 to all devs as usual!
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:48:11 AM

The importance statement is this : "during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode."

It means its at the very least an announcement technical by nature, otherwise why take questions afterwards? this means no cryptsy, no website, no gui (database thingy stuffy problem? ive no idea what i'm talking about lol) -- personally i'm betting on i2p integration ! remember that a few missives ago there were mentions of a partnership with i2p and anoncoin and talks about a fundation of some sort in order to make things smoother.

cant wait for xmr gambling sites to pop up so we can bet about this ridiculous things:)
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:41:49 AM

cant wait for xmr gambling sites to pop up so we can bet about this ridiculous things:)

I bet all I own vs your 10 XMR that the database thingy wont be announced as done this Friday.
darlidada

Activity: 723

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:00:23 AM

shit coin promoting

If you want to be heard, i'd suggest you to go there and donate accordingly to your big stack of XMR : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697438.0

Until then, please stop posting that kind of shit. Here, we call this spam.
xulescu

Activity: 263

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:07:06 AM

Let's see. PoS, 2 week PoW that just ended, less liquidity than MRO on smooth's OTC exchange, looks pumped already. Hmmmmm, I'll pass this one.
kulin3422

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:17:11 AM

Monero Missives

August 3rd, 2014

Hello, and welcome to our ninth Monero Missive! Sincerest apologies for the late posting of this one, there were some interesting statistics we were finalising that you will find below.

Major Updates

1. We had a lot of fun giving a Git Crash Course last week Wednesday, and it was well received by all despite some technical issues with the sound. To that end, we've decided to launch a regular "Monero Fireside Chat" session as a way of both introducing the occasional new feature even before its announcement in the Monero Missives, and as an ongoing developer technical resource. We aren't sure of the frequency we'll do these, so we'll announce them as they're planned. Our first one will be this Friday, August 8th, 2014, at 9:00 EST (note: EST, not EDT) which is 14:00 UTC and 16:00 UTC +2 (aka FOST - fluffypony and othe standard time). This week Friday we will have a very special announcement, before going in to a technical discussion, so if you are able to join us live for that then please do so. It will be broadcast live via Google Hangouts on Air, so you'll be able to watch it on YouTube, and during the dev discussion portion following the announcement we'll be available to take questions on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode.

2. We've only recently started tracking our download stats (since July 15th), and we thought we'd share with you some download stats for Monero over the past 3 weeks. Our most popular download has been our blockchain bootstrap, which has seen 41 425 completed downloads in 3 weeks, around 74tb of traffic usage! Leading the pack on these downloads is Windows with around 78.2%, followed by OS X with 14.5%, and the remaining 7.3% snagged by Linux. The client downloads are quite interesting, too - of a total of 15 000 downloads in 3 weeks, Windows again grabbed 78.4%, OS X only grabbing 9%, and Linux grabbing a surprising 12.6%! This obviously excludes those that clone the github repo and compile, which is the majority of Linux users and OS X users (thanks to sammy007's Homebrew recipe). We'd like to thank the donations we've received thus far - it goes directly to many things, including covering costs like the bandwidth provision to help bootstrap new users.

3. As mentioned in our last Monero Missive, Poloniex added a number of XMR market pairs. In the 12 days since, those markets have had a combined volume of 5830 XMR, and it is growing on a daily basis. The additional liquidity for both miners and traders is certainly a boon to cementing Monero's market position.

4. We're happy to announce that Monero has been added to the CoinsSource Trust Index, with a rating of 6 out of a possible 7 stars. More information on the Trust Index can be found on the CoinsSource Trust Index page.

5. Most of the dev effort recently has been around a smoother and cleaner build process, which is important as we move towards continuous integration (through Jenkins) as well as deterministic builds (through Gitian). This will mean that binaries of the code that is currently undergoing testing will be readily available, and it also means that we will have a secure build process so that the binaries you download from the Monero website will be verified and verifiable. Over and above that, the QoS bandwidth management system is functionally complete, and will go into the main staging branch for testing within the next few days. Finally, the backend for DNS seed nodes has been completed, the source code has been published, and the Monero seed nodes are up and running. Integration of DNS seeds into the network seed procedure still has to be completed, but when complete this will ensure a safer and vastly more secure method of discovering the Monero network and connecting to it.

Dev Diary

Build: we've added a Windows build script to make building on Windows easier (it's in /utils/build_scripts/windows.bat). Tangentially to that, we are moving away from the VS 2013 requirement on Windows, and switching to msys2 for dependency management and mingw64 for Windows C / C++ compilation. Progress on this can be tracked in mikezackles' branch: https://github.com/mikezackles/bitmonero/tree/mingw

Core: QoS is feature complete, although some peripheral components such as bandwidth utilisation tracking is still WIP. Completed work will be pushed upstream to staging for broader testing within the next week. Progress can be tracked on rfree's branch: https://github.com/rfree2monero/bitmonero/tree/dev-rfree

Blockchain: the embedded DB work is exceedingly complex work that requires a lot of thought, but it is progressing at a clip. Abstracted code is being refactored, and tewinget has moved to a clean branch for this. Progress can be tracked here: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/bc2

Core: jakoblind has closed a number of github issues. The first major one is adding an optional blockheight parameter to a wallet refresh (ie. refresh from that point).

Core: the second issue closed by jakoblind is the addition of a set of RPC and CLI calls to retrieve the mnemonic seed or the view key for an open wallet. The new RPC call is query_key (a generalised call that lets you specify 'mnemonic' or 'view_key' as the key type). The CLI command is 'seed' to retrieve the mnemonic seed, and 'viewkey' to retrieve the view key. Wallets that are not deterministic (ie. very old wallets, or wallets that are specifically created as non-deterministic) will error out when trying to retrieve the mnemonic.

Core: as mentioned in the Missive, the source code for the DNS seeder is available: https://github.com/monero-project/xmr-seeder. It is as simple as possible (and even a little hacky), but it is beneficial in that we don't have to run BIND to service requests. Instead, we use Gandi.net's API, which is advantageous in that Gandi supports AnyCast for DNS (rapid updates). DNS seeds are by and large a convenience feature, so a group of superpeers will still be available as hard-coded seed nodes, and there will be an option to forego the use of DNS seeds. DNS seed support still needs to be added to the client, possibly along with DNSSEC support. The four DNS seeds (delivered as A records for ipv4, and later on as AAA records for ipv6 when ipv6 support is better baked in) are at: seeds.moneroseeds.ch, seeds.moneroseeds.li, seeds.moneroseeds.ae.org, and seeds.moneroseeds.se

Until next week!

- updated by fluffypony

thank you for update!
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:04:05 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 05:59:21 AM by aminorex

Just a note of appreciation for the continuing regular updates by the dev team.  Well done.

I do think you should consider making staging integration builds more easily available to supporters willing to test in their diverse environments. It will improve the robustness of releases, convey project velocity, and save dev team testing time if done right.

Also, I propose an official motto for monero, suitable for business cards, physical coins & c.:

Monero est priquiditas pro populo.

Because: Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
bigj

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:39:23 AM

Anyone: Please list your mining configuration details here and keep the tables (cpu, gpu) up to date:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MI-ic0Os25hgGUImW54sUIjZY_pUNQNa_W8Se5pRGBs/edit?pli=1#gid=1726706747
michaelb87

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:07:42 AM

I just transfered my XMR to Poloniex (from BTER) because they have more volume to trade, but apparently forgot a payment ID. What is this crap? Is there a way to retrieve my XMR?? Hope so... If not this is the last time I'll trade XMR, what a nonsense...
iourzzz

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:16:16 AM

I just transfered my XMR to Poloniex (from BTER) because they have more volume to trade, but apparently forgot a payment ID. What is this crap? Is there a way to retrieve my XMR?? Hope so... If not this is the last time I'll trade XMR, what a nonsense...

It should be OK. Poloniex received your money, but without payment ID just do not  know that it's yours.

Try to contact Poloniex support and provide some information about your transaction. How much you have transferred and at what time. If it's not enough you can also try to ask BTER support about the trasaction ID of this transfer.
michaelb87

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:20:22 AM

It should be OK. Poloniex received your money, but without payment ID just do not  know that it's yours.

Try to contact Poloniex support and provide some information about your transaction. How much you have transferred and at what time. If it's not enough you can also try to ask BTER support about the trasaction ID of this transfer.

Thanks. Yeah I got everything, time, amount, TX ID and payment ID so send all in a ticket to Polo. Let's hope for the best. My luck that it's stuck in a minor uptrend  Wink
David Latapie

Activity: 658

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 09:33:45 AM

Also, I propose an official motto for monero, suitable for business cards, physical coins & c.:

Monero offers unparalleled priquidity.  I made that up.  I'm proud of it.  (privacy * liquidity) = priquidity.  I also haven't slept in too darn long.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur. = whatever is written in Latin sound profound

Esperanto sounds less profound and both Latin and Esperanto are "universal" language (the first one was in the past, the second one expects to be in the future, although I would not bet on it).

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:18:34 AM

Monero offers unparalleled priquidity.  I made that up.  I'm proud of it.  (privacy * liquidity) = priquidity.  I also haven't slept in too darn long.

Soon you will have to sleep. And that will be my feast. Uninterrupted Monero buying without competitor. Mmmm.......

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
David Latapie

Activity: 658

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:20:02 AM

Here is the URL for Google Hangout. If you have a Google account, you can already announce you will attend it or share the link. A Google account WON'T be necessary to watch the video, but it will be for leaving comments on YouTube. If you also want to ask a question with the Q/A feature (as opposed to asking on #monero-dev) you will also need a Google+ account (new Google accounts automatically have Google+ activated, but older one might not).

Monero Fireside Chat #1

About Q/A: We activated the Q/A feature of Google Hangout on Air. You will have the opportunity to ask questions on Google Hangout on top of the regular #monero-dev questions. When a question asked on the Google Q/A platform will we answered, an anchor will be created on the video so that future viewers can go straight to the answer.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:20:46 AM

Just a note of appreciation for the continuing regular updates by the dev team.  Well done.

I do think you should consider making staging integration builds more easily available to supporters willing to test in their diverse environments. It will improve the robustness of releases, convey project velocity, and save dev team testing time if done right.

Sometimes you appear higher.  (not that there's anything wrong with that)

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:21:37 PM

its prob the new website, but i hope its the i2p, db seems too complex to be finished yet

Sounds really interesting, I can't wait to find out what it is!

Thanks Smiley
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:51:24 PM

Here is the URL for Google Hangout. If you have a Google account, you can already announce you will attend it or share the link. A Google account WON'T be necessary to watch the video, but it will be for leaving comments on YouTube. If you also want to ask a question with the Q/A feature (as opposed to asking on #monero-dev) you will also need a Google+ account (new Google accounts automatically have Google+ activated, but older one might not).

Monero Fireside Chat #1

About Q/A: We activated the Q/A feature of Google Hangout on Air. You will have the opportunity to ask questions on Google Hangout on top of the regular #monero-dev questions. When a question asked on the Google Q/A platform will we answered, an anchor will be created on the video so that future viewers can go straight to the answer.

When you click on the play icon and it goes to a large player on the right I see saddambitcoin's avatar which is just a picture of Saddam Hussein.

Now *I* know why that is there, and who it belongs to...  but for those who do not, do we wish to have this face associated with the project?  He would be the definition of a controversial figure.

No offense meant to saddambitcoin.
Jshank

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:11:45 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 05:37:42 PM by Jshank

"Securing Freedom through Privacy" - Google Latin "Praesent libero per Securitate"
"Securing Financial Liberty through Privacy" - Google Latin "Aliquam erat volutpat Securitate libertas"

Along these lines? Securing can be changed to Secured if this doesn't flop  Wink

Realized how bad we need a new language, words like Freedom and Liberty have been thrown around loosely.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:12:11 PM

Monero Fireside Chat #1

When you click on the play icon and it goes to a large player on the right I see saddambitcoin's avatar which is just a picture of Saddam Hussein.

Now *I* know why that is there, and who it belongs to...  but for those who do not, do we wish to have this face associated with the project?  He would be the definition of a controversial figure.

No offense meant to saddambitcoin.

LOL sorry guys. Why is my avatar showing up like that?  

jlong187

Activity: 255

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:13:26 PM

very nice coin
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: