Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:17:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Gold? What would you pick?  (Read 298941 times)
oceanriver

Activity: 223
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:59:41 PM

definitely bitcoin over gold, bitcoin is basically the best currency that is possible at the moment so i think everyone should be using it all the time
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 05:11:38 PM

Bingo! You just hit the jack-pot. This is exactly the point that I was trying to convey only a few posts earlier

that makes sense. however, this also means that other (wall street level) traders will most likely skip bitcoin as investment tool, which is quite sad as these people have the wealth to move this market to reach prices we have never seen before.

Let's assume, for a moment, that some high-profile trader bought half of all bitcoins currently traded. Evidently, he buys bitcoins only to sell them later at a higher price, i.e. to book profits. Now there is only half of the coins being traded, and the price expectedly spikes to new heights. Long-term Bitcoin holders happily cash out and the price drops back. And what is that Wall Street trader left with?

If he tries to close his position, this inevitably causes the price to crash below the point he bought at, and he is left with losses

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:27:17 PM

Bingo! You just hit the jack-pot. This is exactly the point that I was trying to convey only a few posts earlier

that makes sense. however, this also means that other (wall street level) traders will most likely skip bitcoin as investment tool, which is quite sad as these people have the wealth to move this market to reach prices we have never seen before.

Let's assume, for a moment, that some high-profile trader bought half of all bitcoins currently traded. Evidently, he buys bitcoins only to sell them later at a higher price, i.e. to book profits. Now there is only half of the coins being traded, and the price expectedly spikes to new heights. Long-term Bitcoin holders happily cash out and the price drops back. And what is that Wall Street trader left with?

If he tries to close his position, this inevitably causes the price to crash below the point he bought at, and he is left with losses

early adopters, or whatever you like to call them, will indeed be a point of attention for any large investor looking to park a good portion of their money into bitcoin. that's assuming bitcoin stays in its current (small) form. if it somehow gets a playing field for plenty of institutional traders, just like how stocks are, then even the early adopters will run out of coins as the demand by these wealthy entities far exceeds the selling pressure coming from early adopters. maybe a far fetched comparison, but look at what happened with the apple stock.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 05:42:09 PM

early adopters, or whatever you like to call them, will indeed be a point of attention for any large investor looking to park a good portion of their money into bitcoin. that's assuming bitcoin stays in its current (small) form. if it somehow gets a playing field for plenty of institutional traders, just like how stocks are, then even the early adopters will run out of coins as the demand by these wealthy entities far exceeds the selling pressure coming from early adopters. maybe a far fetched comparison, but look at what happened with the apple stock

You don't get it. First, stocks have real companies behind them producing real goods and providing real services which are chosen and favored by consumers (e.g. Apple stock). Bitcoin could potentially fit here as well as a payment system, but it is simply not the case so far, therefore such an option should be discarded. Second, and most important in this discussion, trading is essentially about passing a hot potato, i.e. the one who is left holding it is the one who loses. The Wall Street types ("the wolves of Wall Street", lol) play this game all their life, and they are pretty much aware who is to lose here. The one who is left standing with most bitcoins when Bitcoin fails in the end...

In short, they won't play since the reward is too small but the risk is too high

Mauser

Activity: 1834
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:47:27 PM

definitely bitcoin over gold, bitcoin is basically the best currency that is possible at the moment so i think everyone should be using it all the time

After the recent price dumb I am pretty happy to hold both bitcoin and hold. Looking on year to date performance bitcoins are still up over gold.
TReano

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:28:42 PM

After the recent price dumb I am pretty happy to hold both bitcoin and hold. Looking on year to date performance bitcoins are still up over gold.

if you look at it from a trading perspektiv most people have leverage position on Gold, while Bitcoin positions are often without leverage / low leverage.

Not talking about physical Gold ofc.
btcwhiskey

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:32:57 PM

Its a good time to short gold right now. Short time at least. Bitcoin still has a lot of potential.

Let's hope 2017 is better than 2016.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:03:28 PM

Its a good time to short gold right now. Short time at least. Bitcoin still has a lot of potential.

How so? If I look at the price charts of Gold nothing really interesting happened that might give people an indication that it is time to cash out. No bad news nothing...
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 08:17:33 PM

if you look at it from a trading perspektiv most people have leverage position on Gold, while Bitcoin positions are often without leverage / low leverage.

Not talking about physical Gold ofc.

Gold futures (which you obviously mean here) can be settled with actual delivery of the same physical gold with the only difference being the date of the delivery set in the future (in comparison with purchasing gold over-the-counter)...

You just pay the balance of the contract price on the contract delivery date and take the delivery of the metal

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:01:25 PM

in longterm and saving iam chose GOLD
in day earn profit iam chose bitcoin
You hit the point mate, and also Gold is for rich people that can only afford to invest while in bitcoin even you are poor and you know how to access bitcoin you can able to earn without investment that is why i choose bitcoin for those people who can not afford to invest.
Bitcoin is both for the poor and rich people because in making money we have the same chances regardless of our status in life. If we are just poor now, we need to embrace it and make the necessary method to be rich, we need to work and invest at the same so when we become rich we can also invest with gold.

Which rich people are actually interested in Bitcoin? Warren Buffet, or maybe, George Soros? I've never heard a word from them in favor of Bitcoin...

But maybe they are too old and simply can't fathom the opportunity?

The people you name up are too old fashion to get interested in something as Bitcoin. While the world is changing towards a digital totality, these investors are still years behind on technology and everything that comes with it. They are too fixated on their side of the economy that things as Bitcoin don't even make it to their list of interesting investment options.

But they are still rich as fuck. On the other hand, the new money doesn't seem to be much interested in Bitcoin either. I can't recall that Elon Musk or Larry Page would be buying shitloads of bitcoins or just investing their resources into further developing this technology...

I assume you won't say that these guys "are years behind on technology and everything that comes with it"

These people are indeed successfully into tech, but as I pointed out in my previous post, I was talking about the type of investors as Warrent Buffet and Mr Soros. And yes, they are rich in the billions, however, do you still think that when a new Warren Buffet stands up, he is able to make as much money as what Mr Buffet did if he does it exactly in the same style? I don't think it will work out as well as it used to do as the world has been changing significantly.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 10:02:41 PM

But they are still rich as fuck. On the other hand, the new money doesn't seem to be much interested in Bitcoin either. I can't recall that Elon Musk or Larry Page would be buying shitloads of bitcoins or just investing their resources into further developing this technology...

I assume you won't say that these guys "are years behind on technology and everything that comes with it"

These people are indeed successfully into tech, but as I pointed out in my previous post, I was talking about the type of investors as Warrent Buffet and Mr Soros. And yes, they are rich in the billions, however, do you still think that when a new Warren Buffet stands up, he is able to make as much money as what Mr Buffet did if he does it exactly in the same style? I don't think it will work out as well as it used to do as the world has been changing significantly.

I got your point (you are talking about speculators and profiteers), but young and ambitious vultures of Wall Street don't seem to be particularly interested in Bitcoin either. I have only heard about the Winklevoss twins who are said to be engaged in some Bitcoin enterprises and start-ups as venture capitalists (i.e. provide financing)...

Not much by any means

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:36:48 AM

I got your point (you are talking about speculators and profiteers), but young and ambitious vultures of Wall Street don't seem to be particularly interested in Bitcoin either. I have only heard about the Winklevoss twins who are said to be engaged in some Bitcoin enterprises and start-ups as venture capitalists (i.e. provide financing)...

Not much by any means

Well, does anyone still take the Winklevoss brothers serious? They had great plans in mind for their exchange Gemini. They even called it 'The Nasdaq Of Bitcoin'. Their main purpose was to open the doors for institutional type of investors. So far it has been quite a disappointment.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 09:32:42 AM

Not much by any means

Well, does anyone still take the Winklevoss brothers serious? They had great plans in mind for their exchange Gemini. They even called it 'The Nasdaq Of Bitcoin'. Their main purpose was to open the doors for institutional type of investors. So far it has been quite a disappointment.

I'm not following them, so I don't know if they succeeded or not. But it seems that they didn't, and that had to be expected. Without the true mass adoption of Bitcoin as a means of payment when it finally becomes what it was intended for (if that ever happens at all, which is doubtful), no one of the big guns out there is going to put even a dime into it...

The Wall Street types are anything but fools

coin_gambler

Activity: 462

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 09:35:15 AM

yeah bitcoin is going to grow a lot in the near future, in my opinion the price is going to become huge, it would be really cool to be honest though anything might happen

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:56:08 PM

yeah bitcoin is going to grow a lot in the near future, in my opinion the price is going to become huge, it would be really cool to be honest though anything might happen

Yes the price of bitcoin will be much higher in future so I think this is the best time to invest money in bitcoin as it has potential to give better profits in compare to gold.
TReano

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:22:40 PM

Yes the price of bitcoin will be much higher in future so I think this is the best time to invest money in bitcoin as it has potential to give better profits in compare to gold.

don't be so sure. Bitcoin could be worth near 0 in 5-10 years. Who knows what is going to happen. It's not very likely but you always have to keep that in mind.

If investing would be that easy everybody would be rich.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:47:42 PM

don't be so sure. Bitcoin could be worth near 0 in 5-10 years. Who knows what is going to happen. It's not very likely but you always have to keep that in mind.

If investing would be that easy everybody would be rich.

People who are rich are only rich because they took higher risk by investing in right product at right time and at a moment we can afford to take that risk by investing in bitcoins.
23dzmaz

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 02:49:49 AM

For short time, bitcoin has more potential than gold. Because the bitcoin's price can easily goes up and down and you can easily earn bitcoin for investment. Gold is for long run imo.
lienfaye

Activity: 2968
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 03:02:52 AM

For short time, bitcoin has more potential than gold. Because the bitcoin's price can easily goes up and down and you can easily earn bitcoin for investment. Gold is for long run imo.
I agree, gold is for long term just keep it and after a year or so then you will notice the changes of value. in bitcoin you can earn through it currently you dont have to wait because it has many ways to earn.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████            ██████
 █████            █████
  █████          █████
   █████        █████
 ████████      ████████
  ████████    ████████
      █████  █████ 
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
        ████████   
         ██████     
          ████     
           ██         
AVE.COM | BRANDNEW CRYPTO
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.. CASINO & BETTING PLATFORM
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
🏆🎁
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████   ████████████████   ██████
..PLAY NOW..
██████   ███████████████████   █████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 03:07:36 AM

All of us just hoping that bitcoin prices will go up in the future, but it will happen only if demand for bitcoin goes up. Gold has proven for many years. It will give good profits over the long time and it more suitable for less risk takers. I have invested in both of them but more in gold and less in bitcoins.
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: