Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:31:04 PM

Can someone link me the new images of the NXT client wallet.. Saw it a few pages back but lost it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:32:15 PM

Can someone link me the new images of the NXT client wallet.. Saw it a few pages back but lost it.

What wallet do you mean? http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:34:34 PM

Maybe, he means that:

https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg26136/#msg26136

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/help-for-wesley/
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

yep thats it thanks

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 09:35:24 PM

That looks really sick! I love it.

Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:47:31 PM

I have a quick question. If one were to use the same address/seed on the nxt network and on a fork (some NXT clone) could this in someway be abused? Asking because I recall reading something like this but i can't find it.

Yes! If the fork uses the same address format and protocol (NXTquant and number variables).

Just use different passwords for all forks, then you are good!

Asking you this because NTX:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625668.0

Is telling people its OK to use their usual NXT account for the fork they planning to launch. Is this a fishing attempt (so to speak?) See the faq at 2/3 of the OP announcement.

Maybe he doesn't know anybetter or the prefix really makes broadcasting NTX transactions in NXT impossible.

Just don't risk it and make a new account Wink

Damn. I just, once in my life, wanted to yell SCAM in big red letters. Guess I'll just call them out on the issue instead Smiley Thanks.

There are plenty of threads on this board where you can yell scam and be 90% right Wink

I yelled 'ATTENTION' in HUGE red letters. Sort of satisfactory.

On a sidenote. I bought some NXT a very long time ago but the wallet back then sucked on so many different levels that I turned to dgex to sell it off at 3k satoshi. Dgex back then sucked at so many levels also that I turned my back to all things related to NXT and vowed to never return. Since I'm in the process of securing my NEM stake through the AE I was more or less forced to take that back today. This Nxtra wallet does in no way resemble what I went through back then. Its all slick as hell and it can be piloted by human beings. Go forth and multiply.

Hugs,

Mrrr

burp...
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:15:49 PM

I have a quick question. If one were to use the same address/seed on the nxt network and on a fork (some NXT clone) could this in someway be abused? Asking because I recall reading something like this but i can't find it.

Yes! If the fork uses the same address format and protocol (NXTquant and number variables).

Just use different passwords for all forks, then you are good!

Asking you this because NTX:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625668.0

Is telling people its OK to use their usual NXT account for the fork they planning to launch. Is this a fishing attempt (so to speak?) See the faq at 2/3 of the OP announcement.

Maybe he doesn't know anybetter or the prefix really makes broadcasting NTX transactions in NXT impossible.

Just don't risk it and make a new account Wink

Damn. I just, once in my life, wanted to yell SCAM in big red letters. Guess I'll just call them out on the issue instead Smiley Thanks.

There are plenty of threads on this board where you can yell scam and be 90% right Wink

I yelled 'ATTENTION' in HUGE red letters. Sort of satisfactory.

On a sidenote. I bought some NXT a very long time ago but the wallet back then sucked on so many different levels that I turned to dgex to sell it off at 3k satoshi. Dgex back then sucked at so many levels also that I turned my back to all things related to NXT and vowed to never return. Since I'm in the process of securing my NEM stake through the AE I was more or less forced to take that back today. This Nxtra wallet does in no way resemble what I went through back then. Its all slick as hell and it can be piloted by human beings. Go forth and multiply.

Hugs,

Mrrr

Also, you can link the description of the clone attack from the Nxt Glossary >>>> https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Glossary

Based on CfB's posts...

Clone Attack

Clone Attack is a scheme for stealing NXTs through the use of a Nxt Clone and can only be successful if you use the same passphrase on Nxt and on a Nxt Clone that uses the same transaction format. Very Important: Do not use your Nxt Account passphrase for anything but your Nxt account. The Clone Attack is a very simple attack so could become common if people are reluctant to generate new Strong Passphrases and reuse their Nxt Passphrase in any Clone. It is described below using a fictitious clone named NEX:

1. You use the same account passphrase in NEX as you have in Nxt.

2. The attacker sends you an amount, say 10000NEX, perhaps at the launch of the Clone, as a giveaway or as part of day to day transactions.

3. Later, the attacker offers to buy 5000NEX from you for 0.01 BTC (this will always be a generous offer for the Clone).

4. The Attacker sends you the Bitcoins in advance and you send him 5000NEX.

5. The attacker then broadcasts the NEX transaction you sent them onto Nxt network, .

Result: 5000NXT is removed from your Nxt account and you only received a small percentage of its value. Again, very important: Do not use your Nxt Account passphrase for anything but your Nxt Account. Anyone can broadcast transactions from a Clone into Nxt and vice versa, if the clone doesn't change the transaction format used in Nxt. So anyone who uses the same Account Passphrase in both can lose NXTs.

ChuckOne

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:16:18 PM

Market Cap continues to rise.

100 millions imminent.
ChuckOne

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

Mrrr

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:37:01 PM

LOTS OF TEXT

Thanks, I'll bookmark that. Added it to my nice big & red ATTENTION post.

Cheers.

burp...
notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:50:46 PM

Also, you can link the description of the clone attack from the Nxt Glossary >>>> https://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Glossary

Based on CfB's posts...

Clone Attack

Clone Attack is a scheme for stealing NXTs through the use of a Nxt Clone and can only be successful if you use the same passphrase on Nxt and on a Nxt Clone that uses the same transaction format. Very Important: Do not use your Nxt Account passphrase for anything but your Nxt account. The Clone Attack is a very simple attack so could become common if people are reluctant to generate new Strong Passphrases and reuse their Nxt Passphrase in any Clone. It is described below using a fictitious clone named NEX:

2. The attacker sends you an amount, say 10000NEX, perhaps at the launch of the Clone, as a giveaway or as part of day to day transactions.

3. Later, the attacker offers to buy 5000NEX from you for 0.01 BTC (this will always be a generous offer for the Clone).

5. The attacker then broadcasts the NEX transaction you sent them onto Nxt network, .

Result: 5000NXT is removed from your Nxt account and you only received a small percentage of its value. Again, very important: Do not use your Nxt Account passphrase for anything but your Nxt Account. Anyone can broadcast transactions from a Clone into Nxt and vice versa, if the clone doesn't change the transaction format used in Nxt. So anyone who uses the same Account Passphrase in both can lose NXTs.

The transaction signed by the client includes a timestamp (seconds since genesis block), and as all clones so far have a timestamp more than one day in the future compared to Nxt, why would such a transaction if rebroadcast into the Nxt network be accepted?

Using the same pass phrase is playing with fire. I just don't understand why that attack would work.
Daedelus

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:53:41 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 11:14:03 PM by Daedelus

Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt so they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced from the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Full thread and keep up with the story here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/mintpal-and-nxt/100

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 10:54:45 PM

Based on CfB's posts...

Clone Attack

The transaction signed by the client includes a timestamp (seconds since genesis block), and as all clones so far have a timestamp more than one day in the future compared to Nxt, why would such a transaction if rebroadcast into the Nxt network be accepted?

Using the same pass phrase is playing with fire. I just don't understand why that attack would work.
because both jl and CFB said it

Daedelus

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:57:51 PM

Based on CfB's posts...

Clone Attack

You can resurrect the thread here : https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/

The attack stuff starts on page 2 I think. Two Nxters were trying to prove it was possible but I think they both got busy  Grin
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 10:58:52 PM

Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt os they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced form the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Full thread and keep up with the story here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/mintpal-and-nxt/100

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin

One of witch ran away with all funds. I am pretty pissed...

Daedelus

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:00:21 PM

Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt os they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced form the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin

One of witch ran away with all funds. I am pretty pissed...

That was the third (ShareXCoin). I was talking BTC38 today and Mintpal in due course.
SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

Nxt is about to pass the $100mil market cap...
These 6 months have been quite interesting, to say the least.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
notsoshifty

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:17:19 PM

Heh. I think I need a bit more than that!

You can resurrect the thread here : https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/

The attack stuff starts on page 2 I think. Two Nxters were trying to prove it was possible but I think they both got busy  Grin

Thanks. Done. If anyone's interested in the outcome: https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/msg37453/#msg37453
Daedelus

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

Is anyone interested in  getting a NXTKey?

http://postimg.org/image/ji0yiugzv/ (Couldn't get it to display in the thread) Huh

It is safe against key loggers and spyware which is trying to get your passphrase! The passphrase will not leave the NXTkey. Transactions are send to the device over USB, signed in the device with the passphrase and then send back to the client.

Gr4ssh0pper has put a lot of time into developing it from scratch (making his on pcb circuit boards, programming etc) and is looking for community funding. Seems positive so far  Grin

See here for full details >>> https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxtkey-community-fund-bounty-request/msg36619/#new
Mrrr

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:36:46 PM

Heh. I think I need a bit more than that!

The attack stuff starts on page 2 I think. Two Nxters were trying to prove it was possible but I think they both got busy  Grin

Thanks. Done. If anyone's interested in the outcome: https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/msg37453/#msg37453

Glad to see you guys picked this up. Cloning next has been a thing since the source was sort of released but looking at your current performance one can only expect this to rise to new levels. Once this 'attack' vector hits the outskirts of Abuja its going to be a big circus. Better to have the general public aware.

burp...
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: