Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zhanlang13

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:24:18 PM

mintpal was one of the few exchanges that were too stupid to implement nxt

remember? too funny
Mintpal is so funny,it will dead soon.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RMF

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:47:30 PM

Hello,
I just created a NXT account using the Nxt Wallet 1.2. Can anyone spare a few coins? I need it to secure the account, I will send you back 1 NXT.
The faucet did not work for me.
NXT-78YT-QJ7R-DJH6-F2PUV
Thanks

Did this get done for you ? If not PM me and I will sort it for you

mnporter2001 took care of it. Thanks
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:25:15 AM

Ugh... Are you kidding me? Are there bots prowling the network with a boatload of password-account combinations stored watching the for transactions to known addresses or something?

I got some NXT a long time ago and kept it tucked away, but with the updated client it seems I didn't have a public key, so I sent a message.. easy enough... my balance was there, but I couldn't forge because it was unconfirmed... so I figure this has something to do with old balances being 'unconfirmed' under the updated protocol until it's seen activity.. So I flip my NXT into another account that I used in the past (tx 3603756272827733121), wait for it to confirm, and as soon as it does the NXT has moved on to an account out of my control (tx 10738856805317237622)...!!!

WTF? I sat here waiting for a confirm to flip it right back, and it vanishes before my very eyes! We're talking within 2 seconds of the first confirmation!

If the network is this compromised, how do you ever expect mainstream adoption... I've had an eye on NXT since the beginning and was really into the new look and feel, the asset exchange, etc.. My interest was building in NXT again (initially less than impressed by the distribution, but it seemed a lot of great work had gone into the protocol..) Too bad.. Nxt looked cool, but as it stands I'm out.. Not sure that this can be called a 2nd generation crypto when it's this vulnerable to theft. I'd say the target audience is even more specialized than bitcoin; the average joe can hardly remember "Password1"!

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:04:27 AM

Ugh... Are you kidding me? Are there bots prowling the network with a boatload of password-account combinations stored watching the for transactions to known addresses or something?

I got some NXT a long time ago and kept it tucked away, but with the updated client it seems I didn't have a public key, so I sent a message.. easy enough... my balance was there, but I couldn't forge because it was unconfirmed... so I figure this has something to do with old balances being 'unconfirmed' under the updated protocol until it's seen activity.. So I flip my NXT into another account that I used in the past (tx 3603756272827733121), wait for it to confirm, and as soon as it does the NXT has moved on to an account out of my control (tx 10738856805317237622)...!!!

WTF? I sat here waiting for a confirm to flip it right back, and it vanishes before my very eyes! We're talking within 2 seconds of the first confirmation!

If the network is this compromised, how do you ever expect mainstream adoption... I've had an eye on NXT since the beginning and was really into the new look and feel, the asset exchange, etc.. My interest was building in NXT again (initially less than impressed by the distribution, but it seemed a lot of great work had gone into the protocol..) Too bad.. Nxt looked cool, but as it stands I'm out.. Not sure that this can be called a 2nd generation crypto when it's this vulnerable to theft. I'd say the target audience is even more specialized than bitcoin; the average joe can hardly remember "Password1"!

Sorry for your loss.  Can you share the password of your second account?  I also find it weird that someone compromised your account that fast.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:09:44 AM

You should use 2 passwords. One that you save locally or on the cloud that has back ups and redundancies and that you dont actually memorize, and one that you do memorize and never save on any computer that touches the internet. Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet. The first will protect you against rainbow tables (thats what got you) and the second will protect you against hackers. Its a pretty simple concept but it really should be spelled out, its certainly not peoples fault for not knowing this. Heck the client should even come with two password fields and concatenate them for people imo.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jonesT

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:25:57 AM

Could NXT embed an exchange in its wallet?

I think it is more secure than send money to exchange sites. They can crash or get hacked.

With an embed exchange, NXT remains in our wallet. We could buy/sell NXT for BTC or other coins exactly as exchange sites do, but with no risks...  Smiley

lopalcar

Activity: 312
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:04:33 AM

I think it is more secure than send money to exchange sites. They can crash or get hacked.

With an embed exchange, NXT remains in our wallet. We could buy/sell NXT for BTC or other coins exactly as exchange sites do, but with no risks...  Smiley

I think you are refearing to multigateway, it's very near Cheesy you can check https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/ and help testing
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:02:08 AM

You should use 2 passwords. One that you save locally or on the cloud that has back ups and redundancies and that you dont actually memorize, and one that you do memorize and never save on any computer that touches the internet.
agreed
jonesT

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:14:29 AM

I think you are refearing to multigateway, it's very near Cheesy you can check https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/ and help testing

Thanks for information.
This will attract more people to NXT  Smiley

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:17:48 AM

Payexpo - Thanks

I would like to thank especially to the most important part of Nxt at the Payexpo - donators. While any aspects could be replaced, done otherwise, without our donators - there would be no Nxt-Payexpo. So the biggest thanks go to the anonymous donator - 300k, then to intmain - donated 50k for the fee and 200k for Cointropolis's expenses, then to Lee, who donated 100k NXT (and tons of preparation hours and materials) and to the community funds that decided to join them. You can see the donation screenshot:
http://www.coinssource.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/nxt-screenshot-800.png and to every single other donator.

It is one month since I invited Lee to the Nxt community and worked on persuading him so Nxt could be implemented into the Txt Coins Now SMS platform. Luckily he watched my video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HW-TP9RD4 - and he wanted to make that happen. There was a lot of fighting at the forums, but luckily Lee decided to stay with Nxt. 3 weeks ago we were contacted by the Payexpo about this opportunity, so Nxt could finally be transported into the mainstream. So thanks to the positive reaction of Ezravdb, mrv777 and QBTC, I decided to realize it. There was not much time, it went fast, so we even got http://thebitcoinnews.co.uk/2014/05/20/should-nxt-coin-txt-coins-now-become-a-partner-and-speaker-at-payexpo-2014/ at the time, when just few nxters decided to express their opinions. What next? A big anti-campaign by Top8, EvilDave, Damelon... etc, I will not comment this, just for those who don't know - it was very hard to find donators thanks to those people, some original stakeholders even told us they were secretly informed not to support this event... Maybe I could thank to Lee who skyped with the attackers, so they changed their opinions, so they were happy after. Here I should thank to QTBC who organized the skyping as I remember. But still, we lost valuable momentum. Didn't make the brochure deadline thanks to the delays

Anyway, we found one donator,  so while the "community" was talking and talking, we were preparing and organising (without spamming-style Cheesy ). But thanks to the attackers and endless discussions about the logo (even when my logo from the 23 May was chosen) - so here I can thank to Ideenfrische, they created a logo with a half chain, but repairing this was easy for me - and here I would like to thank to Uniqueorn's post:
Not sure I understand the question here?
The logo is the logo, how you choose to present it is 100% up to you. I do not think we should try to make the logo any more "official" by saying that there is only one way to present it.

So this was also the end of any other endless forum-based discussion about every little thing.

So after the funding was done, I it was quite easy to ask Cointropolis to fly there to speak and make interviews (no other jobs was needed from their side, maybe networking, since they did it automatically Cheesy ). So in this place I would like to thank to them for fast confirmation of their presence. Then again thanks to intmain for fast confirmation of their funding and to James who helped them with BTC-NXT converting. And then for speaking at the stage.

Since we had 5 tickets, 1 for Lee, 2 for Cointropolis, I needed to find at least one member, so in the worst case scenario, I would be the fifth one. Luckily, we found more experienced guys in business/finance than me, so big cudos to Intmain and Lawyer, they filled the 4th and 5th spot. Intmain is our big asset, he is programming many cool things for Nxt (Facebook), so it was little sad for me that he had to stop his programming, but there weren't many volunteers and he is definitely better asset than me. Then he added all those fantastic stuff, like flash-cards, monitors, t-shirts... And Lawyer took cameras and now he is tweeting.. all this is important. Little after Abuleu, the dev from MyNxt, decided to join the crew, because he lives in the UK. I saw no problem with paying for one ticket, so it was a no-brainer and I would like to thank to him and to those who supported his decision to come. So thanks to everyone helping with the booth.

I always love if we can find any locals, who can help with some preparations, like printing, lodging or car-driving. And this is what we found in Thames. It was him who delivered the Nxt Drop Painting, he printed the backdrop, delivered and even installed Cheesy Luckily my calculations about the booth size were correct and it fit there. Also thanks to the theironman for sending the painting. It was very close, but thanks to Thames we could deliver it at the day 1 Cheesy So luckily we didn't have to use those pics of Nxt paintings at the ground. I thought they both were by theironman, but unluckily not, so I had to apologize to the original author, but if you want to buy it, it is still available, just not very marketed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587007.msg7237154#msg7237154). And again thank to Ideenfrishce for original designs, that I used for Vienna and London booths.

So back to the Lee. We can thank him for organising tons of stuff, there were many aspects, where I was just his assistant and I was delivering the stuff he needed (like the Vienna roll-up design (then taken to London) or any info about Nxt, etc). We can thank him for sponsoring the Vienna and London events here we are talking about 150,000 Nxt + the same amount in Nxt shares that were given to the London-donators. Not speaking about the expenses for implementation of Nxt, but this was paid by TxtCoinsNow IPO. So here I also do not thank to those attackers, who lead to the sad decisions. After tons of criticism and trolling, Lee had to delete some topics about his company (coworkers were unhappy) and he also decided not to go to the London expo. He already paid for an expensive holiday so he decided to spend this time with his son. So the attackers won. For a few hours, it took little more persuading, that the forum is just a bunch of trolls and he accepted that and again rejoined the plan.

Nxt jumped about 1-2 years into the future thanks to the Lee's contacts. He is not a spammer, he is not a big announcer, he just decided that in order to have Nxt as a main crypto for his platform, he will add millions of Nxt owners, thanks to his contacts (not kidding). And this is why we did the Expo, even when there was such negativity about that.

Since the Payexpo orgs asked about the shops accepting Nxt - and there was no offline shop, Lee decided to create one. So one more time, we can thank Lee for:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/111772/nxt_coin_now_accepted_at_uk_cafe
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-nxt-payment-system-txt-022500411.html
http://www.theargus.co.uk/business/11268661.First_cafe_in_the_world_to_accept_crypto_currency_Nxt_Coin/
We can also thank to investor of Nxt Cafe shares, so at least the printing could be paid by that. - https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/1st-nxt-cafe-in-the-uk/
You can thank me for the Nxt-Cafe logo-design, Lee bought me some beers in Vienna, so I owed him a little bit Cheesy

I could maybe also thank to the coinssource admins, since they corrected my english grammar at the Payexpo press release Cheesy

I would like to thank to everyone who is now tweeting, sharing, commenting the Payexpo news, this is also very useful.

I would like to thank to Payexpo orgs, they decided to do this for much lower price than anyone else. We had big discounts here.

---

And if you want to thank me, that would be for organising 2 conferences in 2 weeks, leading the payexpo funding, persuading Lee to stay with Nxt, redesigning the business cards, flyers and booths for both events (Vienna business cards only for me, but 3 personal for London crew); gathering both teams, some video editing and tons of media/web stuff, like press releases, their sharing (like sending it to 200 important people), providing some materials for cointropolis presentation... I am sorry for not being a big social hero prince, not self-promoting my every single step, but being an introvert geek has always some negatives, there are still worse dudes, like Simcoin guy Cheesy

Exclusive press release: http://www.coinssource.com/nxt-entering-mainstream-payexpo-sms-payments-atms-nxtcafe-new-features/

Yours Salsacz
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:29:09 AM

Payexpo - Thanks

I would like to thank especially to the most important part of Nxt at the Payexpo - donators. While any aspects could be replaced, done otherwise, without our donators - there would be no Nxt-Payexpo. So the biggest thanks go to the anonymous donator - 300k, then to intmain - donated 50k for the fee and 200k for Cointropolis's expenses, then to Lee, who donated 100k NXT (and tons of preparation hours and materials) and to the community funds that decided to join them. You can see the donation screenshot:
http://www.coinssource.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/nxt-screenshot-800.png and to every single other donator.

It is one month since I invited Lee to the Nxt community and worked on persuading him so Nxt could be implemented into the Txt Coins Now SMS platform. Luckily he watched my video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HW-TP9RD4 - and he wanted to make that happen. There was a lot of fighting at the forums, but luckily Lee decided to stay with Nxt. 3 weeks ago we were contacted by the Payexpo about this opportunity, so Nxt could finally be transported into the mainstream. So thanks to the positive reaction of Ezravdb, mrv777 and QBTC, I decided to realize it. There was not much time, it went fast, so we even got http://thebitcoinnews.co.uk/2014/05/20/should-nxt-coin-txt-coins-now-become-a-partner-and-speaker-at-payexpo-2014/ at the time, when just few nxters decided to express their opinions. What next? A big anti-campaign by Top8, EvilDave, Damelon... etc, I will not comment this, just for those who don't know - it was very hard to find donators thanks to those people, some original stakeholders even told us they were secretly informed not to support this event... Maybe I could thank to Lee who skyped with the attackers, so they changed their opinions, so they were happy after. Here I should thank to QTBC who organized the skyping as I remember. But still, we lost valuable momentum. Didn't make the brochure deadline thanks to the delays

Anyway, we found one donator,  so while the "community" was talking and talking, we were preparing and organising (without spamming-style Cheesy ). But thanks to the attackers and endless discussions about the logo (even when my logo from the 23 May was chosen) - so here I can thank to Ideenfrische, they created a logo with a half chain, but repairing this was easy for me - and here I would like to thank to Uniqueorn's post:
Not sure I understand the question here?
The logo is the logo, how you choose to present it is 100% up to you. I do not think we should try to make the logo any more "official" by saying that there is only one way to present it.

So this was also the end of any other endless forum-based discussion about every little thing.

So after the funding was done, I it was quite easy to ask Cointropolis to fly there to speak and make interviews (no other jobs was needed from their side, maybe networking, since they did it automatically Cheesy ). So in this place I would like to thank to them for fast confirmation of their presence. Then again thanks to intmain for fast confirmation of their funding and to James who helped them with BTC-NXT converting. And then for speaking at the stage.

Since we had 5 tickets, 1 for Lee, 2 for Cointropolis, I needed to find at least one member, so in the worst case scenario, I would be the fifth one. Luckily, we found more experienced guys in business/finance than me, so big cudos to Intmain and Lawyer, they filled the 4th and 5th spot. Intmain is our big asset, he is programming many cool things for Nxt (Facebook), so it was little sad for me that he had to stop his programming, but there weren't many volunteers and he is definitely better asset than me. Then he added all those fantastic stuff, like flash-cards, monitors, t-shirts... And Lawyer took cameras and now he is tweeting.. all this is important. Little after Abuleu, the dev from MyNxt, decided to join the crew, because he lives in the UK. I saw no problem with paying for one ticket, so it was a no-brainer and I would like to thank to him and to those who supported his decision to come. So thanks to everyone helping with the booth.

I always love if we can find any locals, who can help with some preparations, like printing, lodging or car-driving. And this is what we found in Thames. It was him who delivered the Nxt Drop Painting, he printed the backdrop, delivered and even installed Cheesy Luckily my calculations about the booth size were correct and it fit there. Also thanks to the theironman for sending the painting. It was very close, but thanks to Thames we could deliver it at the day 1 Cheesy So luckily we didn't have to use those pics of Nxt paintings at the ground. I thought they both were by theironman, but unluckily not, so I had to apologize to the original author, but if you want to buy it, it is still available, just not very marketed (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587007.msg7237154#msg7237154). And again thank to Ideenfrishce for original designs, that I used for Vienna and London booths.

So back to the Lee. We can thank him for organising tons of stuff, there were many aspects, where I was just his assistant and I was delivering the stuff he needed (like the Vienna roll-up design (then taken to London) or any info about Nxt, etc). We can thank him for sponsoring the Vienna and London events here we are talking about 150,000 Nxt + the same amount in Nxt shares that were given to the London-donators. Not speaking about the expenses for implementation of Nxt, but this was paid by TxtCoinsNow IPO. So here I also do not thank to those attackers, who lead to the sad decisions. After tons of criticism and trolling, Lee had to delete some topics about his company (coworkers were unhappy) and he also decided not to go to the London expo. He already paid for an expensive holiday so he decided to spend this time with his son. So the attackers won. For a few hours, it took little more persuading, that the forum is just a bunch of trolls and he accepted that and again rejoined the plan.

Nxt jumped about 1-2 years into the future thanks to the Lee's contacts. He is not a spammer, he is not a big announcer, he just decided that in order to have Nxt as a main crypto for his platform, he will add millions of Nxt owners, thanks to his contacts (not kidding). And this is why we did the Expo, even when there was such negativity about that.

Since the Payexpo orgs asked about the shops accepting Nxt - and there was no offline shop, Lee decided to create one. So one more time, we can thank Lee for:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/111772/nxt_coin_now_accepted_at_uk_cafe
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-nxt-payment-system-txt-022500411.html
http://www.theargus.co.uk/business/11268661.First_cafe_in_the_world_to_accept_crypto_currency_Nxt_Coin/
We can also thank to investor of Nxt Cafe shares, so at least the printing could be paid by that. - https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/1st-nxt-cafe-in-the-uk/
You can thank me for the Nxt-Cafe logo-design, Lee bought me some beers in Vienna, so I owed him a little bit Cheesy

I could maybe also thank to the coinssource admins, since they corrected my english grammar at the Payexpo press release Cheesy

I would like to thank to everyone who is now tweeting, sharing, commenting the Payexpo news, this is also very useful.

I would like to thank to Payexpo orgs, they decided to do this for much lower price than anyone else. We had big discounts here.

---

And if you want to thank me, that would be for organising 2 conferences in 2 weeks, leading the payexpo funding, persuading Lee to stay with Nxt, redesigning the business cards, flyers and booths for both events (Vienna business cards only for me, but 3 personal for London crew); gathering both teams, some video editing and tons of media/web stuff, like press releases, their sharing (like sending it to 200 important people), providing some materials for cointropolis presentation... I am sorry for not being a big social hero prince, not self-promoting my every single step, but being an introvert geek has always some negatives, there are still worse dudes, like Simcoin guy Cheesy

Exclusive press release: http://www.coinssource.com/nxt-entering-mainstream-payexpo-sms-payments-atms-nxtcafe-new-features/

Yours Salsacz

Good stuff  Grin
Daedelus

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:31:11 AM

Sorry for your loss.  Can you share the password of your second account?  I also find it weird that someone compromised your account that fast.

What is the password? When did you last log into the second account?
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:23:18 AM

You should use 2 passwords. One that you save locally or on the cloud that has back ups and redundancies and that you dont actually memorize, and one that you do memorize and never save on any computer that touches the internet. Then simply concatenate the two passwords when entering your wallet. The first will protect you against rainbow tables (thats what got you) and the second will protect you against hackers. Its a pretty simple concept but it really should be spelled out, its certainly not peoples fault for not knowing this. Heck the client should even come with two password fields and concatenate them for people imo.

You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account? 
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:50:20 AM

Now NXT / USD on Bter

https://bter.com/trade/nxt_usd

Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:02:01 AM

You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account?  

If it's truly random, you are safe.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/syd8vwf31y90ev4/Passphrase_Length_vs_Complexity.xls
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 10:16:04 AM

You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account?  

Shouldn't have to worry. The odds of a 34 character random password getting guessed are.... ~0
I think 35 was specified because most people don't use truly random passwords. Mine is 30 chars, generated like a Bitcoin mini private key. Working on the same principles, it will be the end of the universe before it's guessed by the fastest computer ever made.
Daedelus

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:32:55 AM

Shouldn't have to worry. The odds of a 34 character random password getting guessed are.... ~0
I think 35 was specified because most people don't use truly random passwords. Mine is 30 chars, generated like a Bitcoin mini private key. Working on the same principles, it will be the end of the universe before it's guessed by the fastest computer ever made.

Sorry I don't use Bitcoin often, is that the same as a Bitcoin address? A theft was carried out as someone used an old bitcoin address >>> Looks random but it wasn't, appeared in many google results.

Just checking  Grin
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:35:10 AM

You seem very knowledgeable.  Can I ask you something?  Or anybody else? My password is 34 characters long.  No dictionary words, no spaces, all more or less random numbers, letters, and symbols.  NXT says it needs to be 35 or longer I think.  Should I move the NXT to another account? 

Your password is just fine if it's as you described it totally random.  Even 12 char totally random password has never been broke as that would be 174 times stronger than 64 bits which is the largest ever successful brute force length

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Eadeqa

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:37:23 AM

Sorry I don't use Bitcoin often, is that the same as a Bitcoin address? A theft was carried out as someone used an old bitcoin address >>> Looks random but it wasn't, appeared in many google results.

Just checking  Grin

34 random char  password is 5 trillion times stronger than bitcoin address which has 2^160 bits entropy.

The problem really is never length but predictability. If your long password is predicable (or in any kind of database or blochairn) it's a weak password

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:41:29 AM

some time ago NXT was working on atomic-cross chain trading - is this project still alive?
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: