Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:20:50 PM

Finally moving some NXT from the exchange to my wallet ..
Can I just create an additional NXT account with a different 'passphrase'
and just send some NXT between the two wallets to trigger the enhanced security
features or do I need a deposit from someone/where else ??

TIA

Triff ..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:25:17 PM

TIA

Triff ..
Thats fine....or a message, or a bid/ask or asset placement on the AE.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:32:36 PM

Thanks ..

Here's my next NXT security question  Wink

Is creating multiple NXT accounts each with its own passphrase the same
idea as having your fiat cash spread among several financial institutions ??

Triff ..

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:34:08 PM

Thanks ..

Here's my next NXT security question  Wink

Is creating multiple NXT accounts each with its own passphrase the same
idea as having your fiat cash spread among several financial institutions ??

Triff ..

Basically yes.

Another way to think of it: you simply use different username+password on facebook.
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:57:29 PM

Janitor notice:

I would like to thank drknumberuno for pushing this thread to the top of the altcoin forum so many times.
Know that we love you, and we thank you for your consistent help in bringing Nxt to the attention of more people Smiley
Without people like you, we wouldn't be where we are today!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:18:59 PM

http://bitscan.com/articles/six-months-on...-the-crypto-reshuffle

Please share, tweet, like, print out and give to your grandma, and comment, at your leisure.

Awesome article

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 04:27:24 PM

http://bitscan.com/articles/six-months-on...-the-crypto-reshuffle

Please share, tweet, like, print out and give to your grandma, and comment, at your leisure.

Awesome article

Thanks!  Cool
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:01:32 PM

Less technical discussion of Nxt Multigateway (MGW) from jl777  Grin

I have been watching this for months.  I was just wondering about this post on a different forum.  It seems like NXT multi-gateway has to use keys.  Ripple can process things like oil, dollars, euros, and gold.  These things don't have keys.  That would mean really NXT multi-gateway is not like Ripple, but more any exchange that only deals with coins.  Is that right?

James' reply (not quoted so it is easier to read):
multigateway is designed for bitcoind and its forks to go into and out of NXT AE.
NXT AE itself can do a lot of things and is the right thing to compare against ripple.

For MGW I decided not to use the user's key as there is no assurance that they will be around to sign a tx when needed. The multisig accts have the keys held by the three MGW servers. While each person gets his own multisig deposit address (for each supported coin), these addresses are actually used by MGW as pieces of the virtual wallet. There is no central wallet, but rather the sum of all the multisig accts.

You might ask, how can MGW tell apart a user deposit from internal funds transfers. Yes, this was a problem,but I decided to charge a small fee on withdrawal and that fee creates a small output (currently equal to txfee) to flag whether an output is a user deposit or internal transfer. This solves an otherwise tricky problem and I can tell for sure if an unspent output is a user deposit or internal transfer.

Every withdraw triggers an acct balancing via internal transfers. This way, all the multisig accts will converge to the average balance. Not only does that make it possible for a higher withdraw rate throughput, it also discourages hackers from bothering as it is a lot of work to break into multiple servers and then construct raw multisig transactions all with a time sensitive deadline as hundreds of nodes will be monitoring every blockchain event related to MGW

So, you will be able to track the amount in your multisig acct, but the contents do not represent your balance, rather the amount of assets inside NXT AE represents your balance. I hope that makes sense.

So MGW is not fully trustless, you have to trust that we will continue to operate the MGW. It uses 2 of 3 multisig so even if one server disappears without notice, we can always recreate new accts from the two remaining servers. As of now bithaus will be running one of the servers and I am still searching for the third host. Until we do, TEAM staff will be running the pair of MGW servers.

The fee structure to begin with will be no cost for deposits other than the 1 NXT to generate the AM to request a deposit address. and two txfees for a withdraw. This is an introductory rate as MGW will be spending 1 NXT txfees on AMs and that cannot be sustained forever. If the txfee is reduced to 0.1 NXT, then maybe it wont be a big deal. So MGW will definitely be a big step up from centralized exchanges which either have a large central wallet or large cold storage wallets, either which can be compromised with a single intruder.

MGW will be able to handle an arbitrary number of deposits as the deposits are just entries in the various blockchains and they are not moved at all and utilized in place. The withdraws are currently limited to ~1000 withdraws per day per coin, but this can be increased when there are enough accounts.

The NXTservices that has the MGW client is running 99% the same software as the MGW server. So it can precisely monitor what the MGW servers are doing, including calculating the balances in all the accounts, monitoring pending deposits/withdraws, etc. I do not believe any centralized exchange has this level of visibility. Everyone will know that for each satoshi of BTC assets, there is a corresponding amount in unspent outputs in the sum of the multisig accts.

James

Source: https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/mgw-multigateway/msg44493#msg44493

I have watched James work for some time now on this project.  He has had frustration after frustration, but perseveres and works through them.  On multiple points (about once a month) I ask him a serious question and he answers honestly and thoroughly.  What he is trying to do is not easy at all.  He is getting really close though and is running a test net.  

After his last explanation, I went into his AE exchange and gave him my money via his InstantDEX asset!  (or somebody else that bought from him and then sold to me)  I am saying this not to pump the price, but because I really believe in this project (I am definitely in this for the long haul and not a day trader).  If we were in the field of music, he would be a real rock star.  I can honestly say, I think everybody should be showing him a lot of support.  
SUPPORT LOL MORE LIKE YA ALL NEED THERAPY
BE A MAN GO MINE SUM COINS
DIS SHIT IS RETARDED SCAM

You sick in da head for selling this scam
1000 million free coins just for u
How do ya sleep at night knowing ur fucking da poor

I no troll, i speak up 4 da poor
3000 pages da cum 4u trolls
trolls al over dis place

U are ridiculous. Nem owns u any day.

From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:03:28 PM

Less technical discussion of Nxt Multigateway (MGW) from jl777  Grin

I have been watching this for months.  I was just wondering about this post on a different forum.  It seems like NXT multi-gateway has to use keys.  Ripple can process things like oil, dollars, euros, and gold.  These things don't have keys.  That would mean really NXT multi-gateway is not like Ripple, but more any exchange that only deals with coins.  Is that right?

James' reply (not quoted so it is easier to read):
multigateway is designed for bitcoind and its forks to go into and out of NXT AE.
NXT AE itself can do a lot of things and is the right thing to compare against ripple.

For MGW I decided not to use the user's key as there is no assurance that they will be around to sign a tx when needed. The multisig accts have the keys held by the three MGW servers. While each person gets his own multisig deposit address (for each supported coin), these addresses are actually used by MGW as pieces of the virtual wallet. There is no central wallet, but rather the sum of all the multisig accts.

You might ask, how can MGW tell apart a user deposit from internal funds transfers. Yes, this was a problem,but I decided to charge a small fee on withdrawal and that fee creates a small output (currently equal to txfee) to flag whether an output is a user deposit or internal transfer. This solves an otherwise tricky problem and I can tell for sure if an unspent output is a user deposit or internal transfer.

Every withdraw triggers an acct balancing via internal transfers. This way, all the multisig accts will converge to the average balance. Not only does that make it possible for a higher withdraw rate throughput, it also discourages hackers from bothering as it is a lot of work to break into multiple servers and then construct raw multisig transactions all with a time sensitive deadline as hundreds of nodes will be monitoring every blockchain event related to MGW

So, you will be able to track the amount in your multisig acct, but the contents do not represent your balance, rather the amount of assets inside NXT AE represents your balance. I hope that makes sense.

So MGW is not fully trustless, you have to trust that we will continue to operate the MGW. It uses 2 of 3 multisig so even if one server disappears without notice, we can always recreate new accts from the two remaining servers. As of now bithaus will be running one of the servers and I am still searching for the third host. Until we do, TEAM staff will be running the pair of MGW servers.

The fee structure to begin with will be no cost for deposits other than the 1 NXT to generate the AM to request a deposit address. and two txfees for a withdraw. This is an introductory rate as MGW will be spending 1 NXT txfees on AMs and that cannot be sustained forever. If the txfee is reduced to 0.1 NXT, then maybe it wont be a big deal. So MGW will definitely be a big step up from centralized exchanges which either have a large central wallet or large cold storage wallets, either which can be compromised with a single intruder.

MGW will be able to handle an arbitrary number of deposits as the deposits are just entries in the various blockchains and they are not moved at all and utilized in place. The withdraws are currently limited to ~1000 withdraws per day per coin, but this can be increased when there are enough accounts.

The NXTservices that has the MGW client is running 99% the same software as the MGW server. So it can precisely monitor what the MGW servers are doing, including calculating the balances in all the accounts, monitoring pending deposits/withdraws, etc. I do not believe any centralized exchange has this level of visibility. Everyone will know that for each satoshi of BTC assets, there is a corresponding amount in unspent outputs in the sum of the multisig accts.

James

Source: https://nxtforum.org/nxtventures/mgw-multigateway/msg44493#msg44493

I have watched James work for some time now on this project.  He has had frustration after frustration, but perseveres and works through them.  On multiple points (about once a month) I ask him a serious question and he answers honestly and thoroughly.  What he is trying to do is not easy at all.  He is getting really close though and is running a test net.  

After his last explanation, I went into his AE exchange and gave him my money via his InstantDEX asset!  (or somebody else that bought from him and then sold to me)  I am saying this not to pump the price, but because I really believe in this project (I am definitely in this for the long haul and not a day trader).  If we were in the field of music, he would be a real rock star.  I can honestly say, I think everybody should be showing him a lot of support.  
SUPPORT LOL MORE LIKE YA ALL NEED THERAPY
BE A MAN GO MINE SUM COINS
DIS SHIT IS RETARDED SCAM

You sick in da head for selling this scam
1000 million free coins just for u
How do ya sleep at night knowing ur fucking da poor

I no troll, i speak up 4 da poor
3000 pages da cum 4u trolls
trolls al over dis place

U are ridiculous. Nem owns u any day.
NO insta mine u push hate ---------- U veri bad nxt man

Nxt is nothing against New Economy Movement <<NEM>>. We rule all. Including U, my little slave boy.

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:03:33 PM

Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:15:46 PM

Please stop nesting all those quotes or I will delete the posts to keep the thread readable.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Please stop nesting all those quotes or I will delete the posts to keep the thread readable.
+1
behave urself folks.

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:51:46 PM

+1
behave urself folks.

+1 Stop quoting yourself.
From Above

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:59:50 PM

+1
behave urself folks.

+1 Stop quoting yourself.
+1 Strong agree

durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:05:40 AM

Just reading your economic paper: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAGADgnQcrtdXE5MkF5S05oaHM/edit?pli=1

Some questions:
-Do you want Nxt to be used as money (medium of exchange + store of value)? Because on page 4 I read "Deflation is not much better than inflation. 'Real' coins should be created on top of Nxt, and be issued in quantities that keep their value constant."

-Do you want to increase the amount of 1 billion Nxt? On page 4 it says "there is no limit for a specific type of monetary expansion".

I really like Nxt, but these economics discourage my enthusiasm Sad
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:15:48 AM

TIA

Triff ..

You should create a transaction from each wallet to secure it. Either spend NXT to another account, or register an alias on each account.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:44:42 AM

Just reading your economic paper: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAGADgnQcrtdXE5MkF5S05oaHM/edit?pli=1

Some questions:
-Do you want Nxt to be used as money (medium of exchange + store of value)? Because on page 4 I read "Deflation is not much better than inflation. 'Real' coins should be created on top of Nxt, and be issued in quantities that keep their value constant."

-Do you want to increase the amount of 1 billion Nxt? On page 4 it says "there is no limit for a specific type of monetary expansion".

i too am quite interested in NXT, i'd be interested for an answer to this too as coming from a tradtional mine and trade crypto background I dont quite get the payment system platforms like NXT and Ripple

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:01:34 AM

Some questions:

i too am quite interested in NXT, i'd be interested for an answer to this too as coming from a tradtional mine and trade crypto background I dont quite get the payment system platforms like NXT and Ripple

nxt should always be used as "the money" inside of the nxt ecosystem because the security of the network is atleast partially a function of the price of nxt.

the 1 billion amount can never be changed except with a hard fork. just like bitcoin.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nxt2damoon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:36:23 AM

Some questions:

Have you got sum mentle problems bro ? what dont u get ? The payment system is perfect , nxt is perfect . Stop spreading FUD  all da time. Go back to ur shit coin n bitch.
nxt to da moon  Smiley
nxt2damoon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:42:32 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 06:54:17 AM by nxt2damoon

TIA

Triff ..
thats good you buy nxt at exchange. This is not a pump n dump coin ever. if you need  help bro just yelp. cos i luv nxt to da moon
Oh make good password or BOTS will steal ya coins, then you b sad retard
nxt is da best
 Nxt the best you can get
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: