Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:34:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:42:58 PM

How much have been made with mining?

Its 516.219 NXT. Paid out.

Amazing.

Holy cow!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:43:54 PM

The way I read it, the individual forgers will choose a minimum fee they are willing to accept.
There has to be a minimum minimum, to discourage spam. And that's the system we have now, with the minimum minimum 1 NXT. You can pay a higher fee if you want, but forgers aren't allowed to accept transactions paying less than 1 NXT.

The minimum minimum could be lower, but it really needs to be per-byte not per-transaction (because it's bytes that take space in the block-chain forever), and changing to per-byte isn't as trivial as updating a number.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:46:58 PM

Amazing.

Holy cow!

Man, i got two "free" computers because of hashrate.org  Cheesy

BUT there two things i dont sell: gold and NXT.

edit.... three: my wife
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:47:35 PM

Amazing.

That is an impressive number!

I am complete opponent of mining, as I find it incredible wasteful, thus I have no specific mining equipement. If I had, I'd support this!

theironman

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:56:10 PM

Amazing.

That is an impressive number!

I am complete opponent of mining, as I find it incredible wasteful, thus I have no specific mining equipement. If I had, I'd support this!

NXT is by definition one of the "greenest" coins there is. Even my wife has NXT. She has really green values.
ChuckOne

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:24:52 PM

I got a challenge for you, guys. https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg46665/#msg46665

We would like to see 10% of Bitcoin's network strength. Who dares to take that challenge?
ChuckOne

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:38:01 PM

theironman

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:12:36 PM

NXT - GOLD FUTURES ASSET

Please share your thoughts right here:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/gold-futures-asset/
Voluntold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:23:09 PM

The way I read it, the individual forgers will choose a minimum fee they are willing to accept.  

The individual users will select a fee they are willing to pay.  As long as the fee of the user is above the fee of the forger, the transaction goes through.  The forger will get all of the fee offered up by the user, not just the minimum.  

The the users fee is too low, then the transaction will wait for the next block or for any block that will process it.  

I am not really sure if this is going to be implemented or not.  

Originally, I thought it was strange, but after thinking about it more, it is a really nice system.  After a while the free market will sort out an average known price for making sure a transaction goes through.

The problem with choosing a set price like 1 or .01 or .001 is it is so subjective and will constantly have to be changed as the price of NXT goes up and down.  

Static fees just don't represent a free market.  

Yes i strongly support this. I hope that JLP will implement this sometime. However it may be wise not to until the point at which at least even the most marginal demand exceeds supply.

Oh wow.  I hadn't heard of this before, but yeah, perfect idea.  Let the free market decide on the fee like it should be.  I hope this is implemented as well.  I don't see any point in waiting though...

The argument against waiting is that uncountably forgers would be willing to process transactions for free. This would mean that most people would submit transactions without paying any fee at all. This would reduce the incentive for people to forge. This would negatively impact the security of the network.

Ah, I think I see what you're saying.  So you (or others) think there would be some forgers that that wouldn't bother setting the fee up at all?...

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

The individual users will select a fee they are willing to pay.  As long as the fee of the user is above the fee of the forger, the transaction goes through.  The forger will get all of the fee offered up by the user, not just the minimum.  

The the users fee is too low, then the transaction will wait for the next block or for any block that will process it.  

Originally, I thought it was strange, but after thinking about it more, it is a really nice system.  After a while the free market will sort out an average known price for making sure a transaction goes through.

The problem with choosing a set price like 1 or .01 or .001 is it is so subjective and will constantly have to be changed as the price of NXT goes up and down.  

Yes i strongly support this. I hope that JLP will implement this sometime. However it may be wise not to until the point at which at least even the most marginal demand exceeds supply.

Oh wow.  I hadn't heard of this before, but yeah, perfect idea.  Let the free market decide on the fee like it should be.  I hope this is implemented as well.  I don't see any point in waiting though...

The argument against waiting is that uncountably forgers would be willing to process transactions for free. This would mean that most people would submit transactions without paying any fee at all. This would reduce the incentive for people to forge. This would negatively impact the security of the network.

Ah, I think I see what you're saying.  So you (or others) think there would be some forgers that that wouldn't bother setting the fee up at all?...

Idk. I mean im just making the argument, that doesnt mean i agree with it. It would be interesting because the only reason you would set it to 0 is out of generosity, but it probably wouldn't actually be good for the network for you to do that, meaning it wouldn't actually be generous at all. So i really dont know if anyone would do that.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 10:34:36 PM

Amazing.

Holy cow!

Man, i got two "free" computers because of hashrate.org  Cheesy

BUT there two things i dont sell: gold and NXT.

edit.... three: my wife
if she is cute, have you considered renting?
Smiley

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
durerus

Activity: 321
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:38:54 PM

Just reading your economic paper: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAGADgnQcrtdXE5MkF5S05oaHM/edit?pli=1

Some questions:
-Do you want Nxt to be used as money (medium of exchange + store of value)? Because on page 4 I read "Deflation is not much better than inflation. 'Real' coins should be created on top of Nxt, and be issued in quantities that keep their value constant."

-Do you want to increase the amount of 1 billion Nxt? On page 4 it says "there is no limit for a specific type of monetary expansion".

I really like Nxt, but these economics discourage my enthusiasm Sad

i too am quite interested in NXT, i'd be interested for an answer to this too as coming from a tradtional mine and trade crypto background I dont quite get the payment system platforms like NXT and Ripple

nxt should always be used as "the money" inside of the nxt ecosystem because the security of the network is atleast partially a function of the price of nxt.

the 1 billion amount can never be changed except with a hard fork. just like bitcoin.

https://nxtforum.org/general/%27pos-stands-for-something-other-than-%27stake%27%27/

Here I read from allbits:
    "The reason why having a fixed never-growing supply is undesirable is obvious: it encourages wealth concentration and creates a static community of holders without an effective way for new people to get in, and it means that the coin has no way to incentive any specific kind of activity in the long term."

CfB answers:
"Antideflation is the last key element of Nxt. It's supposed to solve this problem."

Does this mean that Nxters in the end want to inflate the Nxt supply somehow?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:47:57 PM

Just reading your economic paper: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwAGADgnQcrtdXE5MkF5S05oaHM/edit?pli=1

Some questions:
-Do you want Nxt to be used as money (medium of exchange + store of value)? Because on page 4 I read "Deflation is not much better than inflation. 'Real' coins should be created on top of Nxt, and be issued in quantities that keep their value constant."

-Do you want to increase the amount of 1 billion Nxt? On page 4 it says "there is no limit for a specific type of monetary expansion".

i too am quite interested in NXT, i'd be interested for an answer to this too as coming from a tradtional mine and trade crypto background I dont quite get the payment system platforms like NXT and Ripple

nxt should always be used as "the money" inside of the nxt ecosystem because the security of the network is atleast partially a function of the price of nxt.

the 1 billion amount can never be changed except with a hard fork. just like bitcoin.

https://nxtforum.org/general/%27pos-stands-for-something-other-than-%27stake%27%27/

"The reason why having a fixed never-growing supply is undesirable is obvious: it encourages wealth concentration and creates a static community of holders without an effective way for new people to get in, and it means that the coin has no way to incentive any specific kind of activity in the long term."

CfB answers:
"Antideflation is the last key element of Nxt. It's supposed to solve this problem."

I see no good reason to expect wealth concentration and a static community of holders. I mean its true that a large stake holder will tend to make larger transactions than a smaller stake holder meaning a smaller percentage of his wealth will be consumed in fees, but you need to also assume that larger stake holder will tend to redeploy a smaller percentage of their nxt worth than a smaller stake holder. Do we we have any data to support this? Granted wealthy people tend to consume a smaller percentage of their net worth but are they not, in general, more diversified in their investments than less wealthy people?

The point is that, maybe its true, im not saying that it isnt, but we simply lack the data necessary to come to a determination either way.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:50:29 PM

Idk. I mean im just making the argument, that doesnt mean i agree with it. It would be interesting because the only reason you would set it to 0 is out of generosity, but it probably wouldn't actually be good for the network for you to do that, meaning it wouldn't actually be generous at all. So i really dont know if anyone would do that.

It would be one way to get 0 fee transactions accepted. Set your wallet to forge for 0 fee, then anytime you spend your going to confirm you own transactions for free. Or would it not work that way? Would I still have to be the one to forge the block in order for that transaction to go through?
Voluntold

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:58:28 PM

Hmm... Definitely hard to predict what people would do.  Idk either.  But if it is a bit of an experiment, than I see it as all the more reason try the 'experiment' sooner rather than later, before it gets too big.  But that would have to be up to the community obviously.

Voluntold

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:08:02 PM

Some questions:

CfB answers:

I see no good reason to expect wealth concentration and a static community of holders. I mean its true that a large stake holder will tend to make larger transactions than a smaller stake holder meaning a smaller percentage of his wealth will be consumed in fees, but you need to also assume that larger stake holder will tend to redeploy a smaller percentage of their nxt worth than a smaller stake holder. Do we we have any data to support this? Granted wealthy people tend to consume a smaller percentage of their net worth but are they not, in general, more diversified in their investments than less wealthy people?

The point is that, maybe its true, im not saying that it isnt, but we simply lack the data necessary to come to a determination either way.

Yeah, I tried to compare it to the argument about how people are still willing to spend their money on technology items, fully knowing that they will become cheaper and obsolete soon after purchase.  I'm totally against inflating the supply personally, as I don't think there's any proof that deflation (even though I wouldn't call nxt deflationary unless people start sending their nxt to the genesis account) is a bad thing.  In fact, I think it's very advantageous for governments/central banks to 'teach' people the opposite, that inflation is good and deflation is bad bad bad.  

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:37:26 PM

Some questions:

CfB answers:

Yeah, I tried to compare it to the argument about how people are still willing to spend their money on technology items, fully knowing that they will become cheaper and obsolete soon after purchase.  I'm totally against inflating the supply personally, as I don't think there's any proof that deflation (even though I wouldn't call nxt deflationary unless people start sending their nxt to the genesis account) is a bad thing.  In fact, I think it's very advantageous for governments/central banks to 'teach' people the opposite, that inflation is good and deflation is bad bad bad.  

too me stable purchasing power is most ideal. i think this could be achieved in a crypto by having a supply that never stops inflating at a constant rate (i.e. 50 coins per block forever) because eventually the value of the new coins produced would reach an equilibrium with the cost to individuals of sufficiently securing their coins inorder to prevent an amount from being lost which is greater than the amount of coins being produced in each block. that is to say, eventually the money supply would be inflated to the point where its value was such that people took only enough care to protect their coins from loss that the amount lost in each 10 minute period equaled the amount of new coins produced in that block. (assuming blocks were produced every 10 minutes). If i made a crypto this is how i would do it.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:49:52 PM

Some questions:

CfB answers:

too me stable purchasing power is most ideal. i think this could be achieved in a crypto by having a supply that never stops inflating at a constant rate (i.e. 50 coins per block forever) because eventually the value of the new coins produced would reach an equilibrium with the cost to individuals of sufficiently securing their coins inorder to prevent an amount from being lost which is greater than the amount of coins being produced in each block. that is to say, eventually the money supply would be inflated to the point where its value was such that people took only enough care to protect their coins from loss that the amount lost in each 10 minute period equaled the amount of new coins produced in that block. (assuming blocks were produced every 10 minutes). If i made a crypto this is how i would do it.

Sounds a bit like Doge. After 600,000 blocks the block reward will be 10k coins per block for every more.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

Some questions:

CfB answers:

Sounds a bit like Doge. After 600,000 blocks the block reward will be 10k coins per block for every more.

the only good thing about that coin. not enough though. i dont own any.

theironman

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:08:05 AM

Logo is nice too Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: