Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:49:01 PM

NOT TOO LATE

NOT A ROLLBACK

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:39:21 PM

Can anybody tell me if NXT will survive this and go up again?
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:50:40 PM

Get on https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-2-5f/ , this is NOT a rollback all it does is freeze outgoing transactions from BTER on 15 Aug ie: the 50 million, Everyone get using NOW!!!!  Its NOT too late!!!!!
why is not too late? 720 blocks off.

It is a hard fork, see jean lucs post half way down
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/forgers-have-been-faced-with-a-choice/1620/
ok i'm in. let's do it бля
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:53:46 PM

!!!
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/three-solutions-proposed-by-bter-com-%28200btc-deal-or-310btc-bounty-or-fork%29/
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:47:14 PM

Can anybody tell me if NXT will survive this and go up again?

I can tell you my opinion.

NXT will survive and go up again.
colin012

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:46:29 PM

There was no community decision here. There was decision by badly informed few followed by a mindless herd which
proved you are actualy way worse than goverments, FEDs and others who you seemingly oppose and act upon as you are an improvement. What sort of a fucking improvement
you are when you refused to help - at no extra costs - someone who helped you all massively and instead rewarded someone who screwed both you and entity in question here?

A) You don't sound smart when you don't use proper grammar.

B) No community decision implies that options were not provided. In fact, they were provided in a very clear manner with a lot of publicity. I am not asking that you agree with the NXT community's decision, just to recognize that it was made by the community. Our developers worked tirelessly to provide the 1.2.5f version of the client to the community so that the community could make the decision. If the developers had wanted, they could have just refused to make the optional client update and made the decision about the blockchain reorganization themselves. However, in the spirit of decentralization, they provided the option to the community and the majority of the community declined it. In fact, over 2/3rds of the community declined to perform the optional update that would have enacted the reorganization.

NXT Organization Marketing
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:44:09 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 09:54:48 PM by subSTRATA

Hey, let's do a test to check what would be "your" decision. Here it is:

Hacker manages to steal all NXT from current majority stakeholders - that means "important" NXT people whos asses you are licking right now - and acquires let's say 450M coins.

1. Ignore and continue forging as if nothing happened. History must not be rewritten and so on.
2. Opt for any fucking shit people who lost coins would come up with - hardfork, blocking of accounts, rollback, deletion of transactions - to protect NXT (their wealth actualy).

Yes, you would chose 2. which proves that:

a. You are clueless dumb follower.
b. There are double standards in part of NXT community - Bter is (just like me) an outsider, not a part of mighty NXT "elite" and hence not worthy of "your" holy interventions.

Recommended read is linked below, absolutely neccessary so that you eventualy realise who exactly you are protecting here - actualy, I will say it because your capabilities are
very limited = you are not protecting NXT because it (as a software) does not give a fuck about any of it and will continue to live for as long as 2 nodes are online and
at least 1 of them is forging. That is NXT, you idiots!

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency-ipos-are-a-completely-corrupt-deception-the-simple-technical-guide

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:58:46 PM

Substrata, you were banned for nxtforum for obvious reason. Apart from the offensive language you are blatantly stupid and uneducated.

Just an example, Klee one of the most respected members of NXT were totally hacked weeks ago (yeah, one of the top elite you say). The rollback was not even mentioned in the whole discussion of the issue. Same happened to DGEX and the same, rollback was not an option.

The only reason you are coming with your stupid things here is because you have invested heavily into CRYPTI thru Bter and you are afraid of a bankrupt of Bter where your IPO money goes to shit. Am i right?  Grin
colin012

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:05:17 PM

Hacker manages to steal all NXT from current majority stakeholders - that means "important" NXT people whos asses you are licking right now - and acquires let's say 450M coins.

1. Ignore and continue forging as if nothing happened. History must not be rewritten and so on.
2. Opt for any fucking shit people who lost coins would come up with - hardfork, blocking of accounts, rollback, deletion of transactions - to protect NXT (their wealth actualy).

b. There are double standards in part of NXT community - Bter is (just like me) an outsider, not a part of mighty NXT "elite" and hence not worthy of "your" holy interventions.

First off, if a hacker managed to get a majority stake, then it would be impossible to do a reorganization as he would hold a majority of the forging power; much like a mining pool getting 51% of the mining power of a PoW coin.

Second, you are not a psychic so don't pretend to know what choice I would make in that situation and what choice I made in this recent decision.

Third, you are making a straw-man argument... a logical fallacy. Your statements about me do not prove your point that there "was no community decision." You are basically making accusations about me, personally; these accusations prove nothing other than the fact that you don't know how to make a logical case for your claim that there "was no community choice." You are relying entirely on emotion and hype to make your point.

NXT Organization Marketing
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:06:25 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 10:40:13 PM by subSTRATA

Substrata, you were banned for nxtforum for obvious reason. Apart from the offensive language you are blatantly stupid and uneducated.

Just an example, Klee one of the most respected members of NXT were totally hacked weeks ago (yeah, one of the top elite you say). The rollback was not even mentioned in the whole discussion of the issue. Same happened to DGEX and the same, rollback was not an option.

The only reason you are coming with your stupid things here is because you have invested heavily into CRYPTI thru Bter and you are afraid of a bankrupt of Bter where your IPO money goes to shit. Am i right?  Grin

No, you are not right but I have no time to explain additional stuff on the matter. Now you can go back to your favourite place of holy retardation - a forum where I was banned
multiple times (big deal?) for saying the truth and acting like you and alikes didn't liked - oh you Holy! You can also say Hi to that scammer Cointropolis, such a great guy isn't he?

Klee and DGEX cases were not extreme enough to trigger execution of double standards.

@ colin

450M is not a majority stake. And I was not replying to you - I have not quoted your post.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:13:21 PM

No, you are not right but I have no time to explain additional stuff on the matter. Now you can go back to your favourite place of holy retardation - a forum where I was banned
multiple times (big deal?) for saying the truth and acting like you and alikes didn't liked - oh you Holy! You can also say Hi to that scammer Cointroplis, such a great guy isn't he?
As was already pointed out....you are obviously writing on emotion.

Does your education actually allow you to know how uneducated you make yourself appear?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:20:50 PM

multiple times (big deal?) for saying the truth and acting like you and alikes didn't liked - oh you Holy! You can also say Hi to that scammer Cointroplis, such a great guy isn't he?

Does your education actually allow you to know how uneducated you make yourself appear?

I regard you and alikes inferior and consequently I care not how I might appear to you and alikes - just like doctor in the sanitorium don't care what his patients think of him.

Reading stuff on holy retardation forum now, Graviton is right:

"In my opinion the solution to block hacker's account only through a hard fork is a sign of exceptional communal resolve. It's not a rollback. It is a collaborative action that
mitigates damage done by a malevolent party. The effect to NXT users is only beneficial. The effect to outside observers is mixed and not prominent. Do not let fear take you
over and prevent you from taking action when it needs to be taken.
"

You people are scared because of a possible loss of money - pathetic and can't go any lower - and that is why you suck.

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:29:34 PM

I regard you and alikes inferior and consequently I care not how I might appear to you and alikes.
Do you not care what non-inferior people think? You see how 'consequence' has no logic sometimes?
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

The only reason you are coming with your stupid things here is because you have invested heavily into CRYPTI thru Bter and you are afraid of a bankrupt of Bter where your IPO money goes to shit. Am i right?  Grin

The only way that the REAL public ledger should be changed is if the code was wrong, and there was something wrong with the coin itself.

This would be the only way that a hacker could get say, the 450 million Nxt, in your fantasy. And yes, if the ledger is wrong because of a malfunction of the coin itself, whatever malfunction there might be, that means that the ledger would be incorrect, and of course in that case things must be fixed because the ledger would be wrong. In that case the ledger came to say what it said BECAUSE of a problem with Nxt itself.

THAT IS NOT THE CASE HERE. The ledger is correct. And everyone knows that it is correct. The ledger reflects that Bter, as much as I like the exchange, made a horrible mistake by not having even a simple 2 factor set up, or ever easier and most basic of practices, have the majority of the coins in a COLD WALLET.

We can not just pretend that this never happened. If we want the Nxt ledger to have any integrity at all, we can't just choose the ledger that we like the most. We have to always do everything we can to keep the ledger as accurate as we possibly can. This is the most important thing we can do.

I understand that you may have lost a lot of money, but you can't put Nxt in the crosshairs to help out you, Bter, or anyone else.

The LARGE majority of the forgers are not in favor of a partial rollback. They are not ruthless people that just don't care about you or Bter, they are making the correct choice because they understand that the future of Nxt is at stake. The REAL ledger must be the one we use, or Nxt is no longer Nxt, it would actually be Nxt2, because the REAL Nxt had 45 million of it's coins stolen off of Bter. Period.

Look at Vericoin. Like it or not, the large majority of people see things the way the way the majority of the forgers see it. A fake ledger is a fake coin. There is no going around it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 10:50:29 PM

Recommended read is linked below, absolutely neccessary so that you eventualy realise who exactly you are protecting here - actualy, I will say it because your capabilities are
very limited = you are not protecting NXT because it (as a software) does not give a fuck about any of it and will continue to live for as long as 2 nodes are online and

http://kolinevans.wordpress.com/2014/07/31/cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency-ipos-are-a-completely-corrupt-deception-the-simple-technical-guide

how much did you have on BTER and are going to lose?  it seems like a lot, you seem quite angry

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:03:11 PM

how much did you have on BTER and are going to lose?  it seems like a lot, you seem quite angry

Expectable reply - members of mindless pathetic herd can not see things outside of prism of money. That is why all this cryptocoin "movement" gonna fail miserably as soon
as true rulers show up. They don't even have to bring guns - all they have to do to overtake any and all coins is offer you and alikes money, a lot of it (which they previously
made out of thin air hence worthless) and you will surender everything including "your" holy blockchain.

sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:05:36 PM

Any fork predicated on an exchange hack will kill the coin's credibility. If it happens once, it will happen again and the coin will be subject to endless fork requests for trivial reasons.

Shit happens, you can't turn back the clock.
sussex

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:08:59 PM

Expectable reply - members of mindless pathetic herd can not see things outside of prism of money. That is why all this cryptocoin "movement" gonna fail miserably as soon
as true rulers show up. They don't even have to bring guns - all they have to do to overtake any and all coins is offer you and alikes money, a lot of it (which they previously
made out of thin air hence worthless) and you will surender everything including "your" holy blockchain.

Yup, a lot.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:11:45 PM

Any fork predicated on an exchange hack will kill the coin's credibility.

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

sussex

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:19:26 PM

Any fork predicated on an exchange hack will kill the coin's credibility.

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

Why are you so anxious if the coin is "ugly horseshit flies"?
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: