Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:34:07 PM

Any fork predicated on an exchange hack will kill the coin's credibility.

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

subSTRATA, go back to play your NXT-Turtle game and STFU.  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kknk808

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:37:38 PM

anyways...the guy thesircom (the supposed hacker) is posting on the nxtforums right now.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/three-solutions-proposed-by-bter-com-(200btc-deal-or-310btc-bounty-or-fork)/180/
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:40:23 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 11:55:06 PM by subSTRATA

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

subSTRATA, go back to play your NXT-Turtle game and STFU.  Kiss

Isn't it really bad you can not ban me here? I know it hurts to see the truth revealed but get used to it, I'm not going anywhere nor will you or other NXT halflings silence me.

anyways...the guy thesircom (the supposed hacker) is posting on the nxtforums right now.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/three-solutions-proposed-by-bter-com-(200btc-deal-or-310btc-bounty-or-fork)/180/

"What do you want as deal?" - so now some of you people are negotiating with a thief? You have a power to null his theft but you instead negotiate? A new chapter in "How to
stay powerless mindless idiot" (e)book, it seems.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:56:34 PM

This coin has no credibility, it has few great developers and an army of worms roaming around expecting to become butterflies that will actualy hatch to ugly horseshit flies.  Grin

Isn't it really bad you can not ban me here? I know it hurts to see the truth revealed but get used to it, I'm not going anywhere nor will you or other NXT halflings silence me.

"What do you want as deal?" - so now some of you people are negotiating with a thief? You have a power to null his hack but you instead negotiate? A new chapter in "How to

Mate, if you get your rollback you'll be the first dumping all your NXT - along with all the others who regain what they lost.

Look at VRC, a rollback, fork or whatever you want to call it will kill the coin.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:00:24 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 12:29:39 AM by subSTRATA

"What do you want as deal?" - so now some of you people are negotiating with a thief? You have a power to null his hack but you instead negotiate? A new chapter in "How to

Mate, if you get your rollback you'll be the first dumping all your NXT - along with all the others who regain what they lost.

Look at VRC, a rollback, fork or whatever you want to call it will kill the coin.

Price must - and will - drop one way or another but that does not mean coin will die. New players would join and, given how fucked up current NXT majority is, that can only benefit
NXT as a whole even if just complete idiots join. Reading alway the same bullshits from always the same self-proclaimed rulers of NXT became boring months ago. The best outcome
of all this would be owners of 1M+ NXT selling half of their coins to ones who do not have any coins - preferably ones who are more than a mere cryptocoin "investors".

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:02:10 AM

use please 1.2.5f https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-2-5f/
bob131313

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:31:49 AM

A bit shocking to me - not much because NXT community is known for not being the brightest one - people opted for not helping Bter. Nothing would change except transaction
which moved coins from Bter to thief account and no one helped with that? Some really dumb people even compared proposal with bank bail-outs, where taxpayer money is used
without even asking for permission from taxpayers to rescue bank which might go bust. So even though people were not asked for any money nor money was taken from them
to bail-out Bter it is all still looked upon as a big no-no. "It is Bter fault, we don't wanna help them to return stolen coins and we don't care those coins are actualy ours and are
now sitting in thief's account ready to inflict massive damage on AE and other areas no one has control over!" - you are a bunch of halflings. "Rollback thing is going to fail" - well,
you will see how bad consequances of "your" stupid decision will be as soon as Bter resumes trading and Cryptsy deposits start working.

You had two choices and you have again "chosen" the worse one. Like a mindless herd, you were following advices of people who are just a bit less clueless than you are but you
are now pretending it was your choice - no, it was not. There was no community decision here. There was decision by badly informed few followed by a mindless herd which
proved you are actualy way worse than goverments, FEDs and others who you seemingly oppose and act upon as you are an improvement. What sort of a fucking improvement
you are when you refused to help - at no extra costs - someone who helped you all massively and instead rewarded someone who screwed both you and entity in question here?

The problem is making a fake public ledger is not in anyones best interest.

Nxt  passed a big test. It made the hard choice.

I know you think it's ok to rewrite history if it looks like a good option.

That is not the purpose of the public ledger.

The public ledger is there to show what happened in REAL LIFE.

If there is not a problem with the code. We stick with the correct code and the CORRECT public ledger.

We can not just pick and choose what public ledger suits us best, or it loses all credibility.

The Nxt public ledger is the correct one, the real one. The world has been shown that this will most likey continue to be the case, and this is a VERY GOOD THING for Nxt.

GREAT JOB GUYS!!

This. If we start allowing cryptos to rewrite the chain, what is the point of having anything more then paypal. I get that lots of people lost by storing their coins in a centralized location. I get that this will hurt people. But....

As a holder of a specific cryptocurrency I should know for certain that my funds are safe no matter what. If I kill small children, get a large government after me or even piss on satoshis' grave, I should be certain that my funds are my funds and no consensus of peers is able to take them away. Otherwise what is the point of all this shit we are working on. Our systems are not made to judge, just made to have a fully trustless public ledger that cannot be changed.
We are making global, decentralized, De-governmentalized, free from emotion money. If I buy hookers and blow that is my choice, if I buy weapons to bioweapons that is my choice. The blockchain and the coin should have no impact on the fungibility of my coins.

If you can not understand this...take your profit and go away.

Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:34:12 AM

This is a fork client. Do not participate pls.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:36:01 AM

Well hes not trying to hide the fact that it is a fork. He should make the case for why we should use his fork before we dismiss it.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:50:14 AM

Well hes not trying to hide the fact that it is a fork. He should make the case for why we should use his fork before we dismiss it.
I'm sure you, Anon136 have a very good idea about this, but let me break it down to everyone else:

The linked node was to be used when less than 720 blocks had passed since the BTER theft. In those 720 block's time forgers could have rewritten the entire chain to stop the thief. Now that those 720 blocks are buried in the chain already, it's too late for the chains to merge and using this node will set you on a fork.

In other words: this client is no longer relevant. Use it only if you want trouble, or wish to trouble other Nxt users.
kknk808

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:56:34 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 04:06:45 AM by kknk808

I'm sure you, Anon136 have a very good idea about this, but let me break it down to everyone else:

The linked node was to be used when less than 720 blocks had passed since the BTER theft. In those 720 block's time forgers could have rewritten the entire chain to stop the thief. Now that those 720 blocks are buried in the chain already, it's too late for the chains to merge and using this node will set you on a fork.

In other words: this client is no longer relevant. Use it only if you want trouble, or wish to trouble other Nxt users.

for reference.

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/forgers-have-been-faced-with-a-choice/msg84391/#msg84391

"Rollback is no longer possible, however a hard fork is still possible, and it will not affect transactions other than those from the frozen account. As long as some nodes still forge using 1.2.5f, and the two networks of nodes are still connected (not actively blacklisting each other), new transactions are being propagated to both node versions and being included into both forks. If enough users decide to switch to the 1.2.5f fork, it is still possible - however now the 1.2.5 nodes are not going to switch automatically to the other fork, no matter how better in terms of cumulative difficulty it becomes. In a way, it is no longer forgers that determine which fork will win, but what clients all individual users will decide to run - 1.2.5 or 1.2.5f.

There is no penalty for a forger currently to forge on both forks (this will change once Economic Clustering is active, but this is not scheduled yet). So the 1.2.5f fork can still be forged on for now, until a resolution and consensus how to handle the situation is reached.

But this is a temporary situation and irreconcilable differences between the two forks will occur even if you ignore transactions originating from the frozen account. A transaction for whatever reason may just not make it to the 1.2.5f fork. Forging fees will inevitably be different. The same account forging on both forks may generate a block on one but not on the other, and because of forging fees its balance will become different. Then a transaction from such account may be possible on one fork, but exceed the account available balance on the other, and end up rejected there. Eventually one of the forks will have to be abandoned.

I am not doing more work on the 1.2.5f version, but as it is out there users are free to use it. If it wins, I will integrate it into the main release.

Also note that as soon as one of the forks reaches DGS blocks, its transaction will no longer be accepted by the other fork until it too reaches DGS block (if they haven't expired by then). This would become another source of differences between forks. Users really should make their choice before block 213000. Now 1.2.5 is at 211035, 1.2.5f is at 210440."

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:06:52 AM

Gotcha. I could see supporting a fork to stop someone attacking the network its self, but i cant get behind a fork to stop a thief.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:09:01 AM

I am posting this here too:

If you guys decide to HARD FORK after an hack. I will sell every single NXT I own and will tell this every person holding NXT too.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:10:16 AM

I am posting this here too:

If you guys decide to HARD FORK after an hack. I will sell every single NXT I own and will tell this every person holding NXT too.

Yes i would probably sell also.

portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:20:54 AM

Not invested in NXT at all, hardfork after a hack is an awful idea on many levels, especially a hack due to one exchanges blatant lack of security measures.  How this happens to a "reputable" exchange is freaking amazing, but an expensive learning lesson I guess.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:27:39 AM

Nxt going to 5th maybe Shocked Look at bitshares go.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:33:34 AM

Nxt going to 5th maybe Shocked Look at bitshares go.

5th?  Would be cool to see that.

I think the call to not roll back was the right call.  I'm sure that wasn't easy - that was a massive hack/theft but in the end these exchanges need to be responsible for their own poor security otherwise crypto coins will prove to be more centralized than paper fiat.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
kknk808

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:50:27 AM

btw everyone. Hacker has send back around 12M NXT just in the last hour. Don't know why though.

BTER's account

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/accountId/NXT-R3V3-2S79-F3ZM-BVXKZ
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:59:11 AM

Finally some good NXT news. If they made a good deal, then BTER will lose only around 1000 BTC + a shitload of customers.

Much better than 3000 BTC and all customers Wink

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 05:13:40 AM

btw everyone. Hacker has send back around 12M NXT just in the last hour. Don't know why though.

BTER's account

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/accountId/NXT-R3V3-2S79-F3ZM-BVXKZ

Simple. He wasn't able to launder it. Nxt doesn't have mixing. Also bter said they knew who he was, maybe that was true.

Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: