Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:38:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:34:17 AM

'...It's still original project apart of others using success of other coins. For example, WAVES are yet another version of NXT.

IGNIS ICO is coming and NXT is part of it!

Except for a few "small" FACTS such as the one that the Mark Cuban game token ICO was carried on the WAVES network (not a small feat considering the sheer volume of transactions from people wanting in the ICO). NXT hasn't carried ANY ICO at all so the reliability of the network, not to mention it's security, is untested. There are other "minor" (sarcasm) differences too... chief among others the fact that it is a real project and not a scheme to keep  on giving birth to extensions, "children", updates, soft-forks conceived with the SOLE PURPOSE of making loads of money for their CENTRALIZED, FOR-PROFIT "team" while using the converts -like you- to maintain the network in exchange for crumbs.

Perhaps that explains why, even counting the outright -and self-confessed- shit coins, every project in the scene has gone like 10+ times higher in recent months... except for NXT/ARDR, which remains grossly overpriced even without any real money inflows.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
martismartis
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:54:38 AM

Barrabas, latest ICO's on Nxt: www.adelphoi.io, www.janustoken.com Before fudding, please check some news, facts.

P.S. Why are you still here, if everything is bad for you? You don't have a real life?
brightlight
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:48:01 AM

'...It's still original project apart of others using success of other coins. For example, WAVES are yet another version of NXT.

Except for a few "small" FACTS such as the one that the Mark Cuban game token ICO was carried on the WAVES network (not a small feat considering the sheer volume of transactions from people wanting in the ICO). NXT hasn't carried ANY ICO at all so the reliability of the network, not to mention it's security, is untested. There are other "minor" (sarcasm) differences too... chief among others the fact that it is a real project and not a scheme to keep  on giving birth to extensions, "children", updates, soft-forks conceived with the SOLE PURPOSE of making loads of money for their CENTRALIZED, FOR-PROFIT "team" while using the converts -like you- to maintain the network in exchange for crumbs.

Perhaps that explains why, even counting the outright -and self-confessed- shit coins, every project in the scene has gone like 10+ times higher in recent months... except for NXT/ARDR, which remains grossly overpriced even without any real money inflows.

Dear barabbas,

Many of your mentioned projects that gone like 10+ times are shitcoins. Do you scream in btctalk threads of those projects? Other projects aren't that decentralised as you think. How much ETH hold dev team? Just asking! XRP?

Do you think those insane billion caps are natural growth? It's the result of control amount of supply in the hands of groups. Is it true decentralisation? All the coins sold through ICOs, crowdfundings. Are those decentralised and fairly distributed?

If whole supply of projects tokens, coins are evenly distributed, that means project market cap won't go crazy, unless crazy amounts of money flows into it from investors, who use the services are offered. Other than that, all is about pump and dump.

Let's see how valid are your statements, barabbas, after exWBB project will be released (Q3). It is decentralised- evenly distributed, no premine, no ICO, self funding dev, who even paid to Bittrex in favour of coin holders after 51% attack happened.
That project is meant to be usable by businesses from it's release moment and first client is already on it.

Will exWBB shoot up like ETH or at least 10+ times in short timeframe because of it's greatness? I doubt, because it isn't centralised as far as dev himself bought coins from market (no premine as mentioned above). I believe he owns some 10% of whole supply, which wasn't gathered for free.

Resuming all... Don't speak about decentralisation in crypto world. It is very limited term, when we talk about coin value.

If you don't like NXT project, could you please avoid coming here and spread your hate? Spend your time on those fair ^^ projects!

Thank you!

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 11:49:23 AM

^^ Barabbas loves NXT, he is just a bit bitter he missed the big rally on June and he wants to re-buy lower  Cheesy ^^
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:16:10 PM

Barrabas, latest ICO's on Nxt: www.adelphoi.io, www.janustoken.com Before fudding, please check some news, facts.

P.S. Why are you still here, if everything is bad for you? You don't have a real life?

I wrote "major". Those you mention are "mini" -to say the least-. And both with extremely limited success, to boot.

I am, as usual, quite well informed, thank you.

And no, everything is not bad for me... as you know, I trade this shit so selling above the buying price is guaranteed to pay within a very short period of time. I have been doing it for years, rather successfully so no, no "bad for me". It's bad for you, the believers, because, in the end, there are only a group of winners in this project: The greedy team of developers. No one else.

As for me having a "real life"? well, I dedicate very little time to crypto in general and less than a few minutes a day to NXT. I don't even bother to post nearly as often as I used to do either. What is really surprising -and perhaps quite telling- is your worry about my real life. It's quite fulfilled, in fact. But thank you for your worry, anyway...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:22:33 PM

^^ Barabbas loves NXT, he is just a bit bitter he missed the big rally on June and he wants to re-buy lower  Cheesy ^^

Actually you are quite correct... partially. I "missed" that big rally... only after I pocketed my usual 30%+ (I always leave the last dollar for others... in this case quite a few dollars). Now that it has come to earth again, as it ALWAYS does, I am considering re-entry again. So I am hardly "a bit bitter". I am actually a lot bitter but only towards the unabashed greediness of the developers of this otherwise POTENTIALLY (never been tested) great project which is being destroyed -it has, actually, already- by the greed of its developers.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:40:59 PM

Except for a few "small" FACTS such as the one that the Mark Cuban game token ICO was carried on the WAVES network (not a small feat considering the sheer volume of transactions from people wanting in the ICO). NXT hasn't carried ANY ICO at all so the reliability of the network, not to mention it's security, is untested. There are other "minor" (sarcasm) differences too... chief among others the fact that it is a real project and not a scheme to keep  on giving birth to extensions, "children", updates, soft-forks conceived with the SOLE PURPOSE of making loads of money for their CENTRALIZED, FOR-PROFIT "team" while using the converts -like you- to maintain the network in exchange for crumbs.

Dear barabbas,

Many of your mentioned projects that gone like 10+ times are shitcoins. Do you scream in btctalk threads of those projects? Other projects aren't that decentralised as you think. How much ETH hold dev team? Just asking! XRP?

Do you think those insane billion caps are natural growth? It's the result of control amount of supply in the hands of groups. Is it true decentralisation? All the coins sold through ICOs, crowdfundings. Are those decentralised and fairly distributed?

If whole supply of projects tokens, coins are evenly distributed, that means project market cap won't go crazy, unless crazy amounts of money flows into it from investors, who use the services are offered. Other than that, all is about pump and dump.

Let's see how valid are your statements, barabbas, after exWBB project will be released (Q3). It is decentralised- evenly distributed, no premine, no ICO, self funding dev, who even paid to Bittrex in favour of coin holders after 51% attack happened.
That project is meant to be usable by businesses from it's release moment and first client is already on it.

Will exWBB shoot up like ETH or at least 10+ times in short timeframe because of it's greatness? I doubt, because it isn't centralised as far as dev himself bought coins from market (no premine as mentioned above). I believe he owns some 10% of whole supply, which wasn't gathered for free.

Resuming all... Don't speak about decentralisation in crypto world. It is very limited term, when we talk about coin value.

If you don't like NXT project, could you please avoid coming here and spread your hate? Spend your time on those fair ^^ projects!

Thank you!

First of all, as I have posted so many times, I LIKE the NXT project. Pending thorough testing -of capacity, reliability, stress, etc- I believe it has a sound tech under the hood. I am thoroughly disgusted by the centralization of it and, even more, by the amazing level of greed of their developers who have, de facto, destroyed all possibilities of it reaching mainstream.

And no, you are very wrong in general but specifically when you speak of the controlled coins, especially ETH. That project is being overwhelmed by it success, which is a great thing long term and a worrysome thing short term. Success at that level has very serious implications, technologically -scale, capacity, security- and financially (price was just halved when all those hundreds of millions of dollars have begun to be cashed out in fiat in order to have the projects they fund going. It will probably continue to go much lower as more projects are funded and more ETH will be cashed out flooding the market even more). But ETH has become the standard, like the Android system of crypto since BTC is plagued with problems that make it unusable as currency for all intents and purposes (it remains very valuable as a store of value though), and the future can be quite bright.... if the issue of inflation is resolved, otherwise we are talking another NXT only at a much bigger scale. And ETH is not centralized at all, except technologically. It's developers are quite content with making fortunes with ETH and are not either going private (like NXT has), or manipulating Ethereum into some kind of (private, again) white label "children" to sell to corporations. They want the whole system adapted not just by the biggest corporations but by many if not all countries across the globe. If ETH continues to grow, they will be even richer than they already are, but they are not scheming to sell the new Ethereum, when it becomes hybrid, and then again when it becomes PoS, as separate projects like these greedy guys here have done and will be doing. Big difference.

Another misconception you have, I do not "hate" anyone, the only thing I hate is greed, especially the bloated kind that these developers have shown. I just expose it so people know exactly what they are or are getting into.

You should note also that, even though I trade NXT/ARDR, my criticism of their green remains leveled regardless of if I am in or out. Now, since you are obviously disturbed by my posts, why don't you skip them altogether. It's quite simple, really. You can even set it up so you don't see them at all... just a friendly suggestion. 
brightlight
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:32:48 PM

@barabbas, I'll take your suggestion into consideration. From your side I would like to see not quoting my posts here.

Thanks! And good luck!

P.S. In some extent I agree with you about greed. But NXT project isn't the first and the last in that regard. Glad to hear that you admit NXT as good project, if greed is ruled out. Btw, we all are in crypto because of greed- biger or smaller, but greed is in all of us.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:15:36 PM

Since you keep the conversation, I'll respond with a quote from one of my favorite film characters: "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good".

The problem is when that greed is completely out of control -as in the case in NXT developing team-. And to a much graver extent, when it makes the lines between the basic element of crypto -as opposed to fiat- disappear.

In other words, if you want to make money, and only that guides you, stop pretending you are working for a different, trustless, decentralized system. Because, you not doing that, amounts to fraud, no matter how you slice it. The fact that fraud is not punished (yet) in crypto and is often rewarded instead, is purely circumstantial and WILL change..

As for NXT being a "good project", it WAS -- over a year ago. Now it is being left in the dust by about 2 dozen other projects, at least. Ardor is supposed to catch up but will keep on trailing others and, in my opinion, will never reach not a mainstream distribution but not even a significant minority one, therefore it will remain untested and in a catch 22 situation, technically. As a centralized, private, for-profit enterprise, it's only a matter of time -and not much- until the crypto enthusiasts still forging turn their backs on it just like the rest of crypto has done for years now and then no network:no project.

I wouldn't call that "good". But it certainly was, at one time.

Good luck to you too.
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:03:36 AM

@barabbas, thank you for refreshing this thread, it'd be lost in the depths of this forum w/o you Smiley

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6196

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:56:44 PM

Barrabas, in some things I agree - I dislike the centralized development model (where only the finished code is made visible) and particularly the Jelurida Public License, which is not open source. And I think also that an ICO that comprises almost 25% of the token for the devs (=25% premine) is one of the greedier ones. Although, not to forget, NXT itself has begun with "that shit", being funded 100% by an ICO Wink

But the child chain concept is, for me, the reason why I'm still here and following the project. It's well thought-out and if it works as expected, it will be the first working decentralized "sharding" solution for the scalability problem (Blockstream's and Rootstock's sidechains are still centralized, so they're not competition for now). I don't particularly like the "enterprise child chains", and much less the Waves-inspired "IOU child chains" pegged to some asset that are planned, but with NXT, as part of their "Monetary System", this kind of coins were always possible and so they will appear - with developer support or not.

However, if a truly open source variant of the child chain concept appears, I will probably support it - being an implementation of the Ardor protocol or another altcoin  Tongue

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:47:51 AM

Barrabas, in some things I agree - I dislike the centralized development model (where only the finished code is made visible) and particularly the Jelurida Public License, which is not open source. And I think also that an ICO that comprises almost 25% of the token for the devs (=25% premine) is one of the greedier ones. Although, not to forget, NXT itself has begun with "that shit", being funded 100% by an ICO Wink

But the child chain concept is, for me, the reason why I'm still here and following the project. It's well thought-out and if it works as expected, it will be the first working decentralized "sharding" solution for the scalability problem (Blockstream's and Rootstock's sidechains are still centralized, so they're not competition for now). I don't particularly like the "enterprise child chains", and much less the Waves-inspired "IOU child chains" pegged to some asset that are planned, but with NXT, as part of their "Monetary System", this kind of coins were always possible and so they will appear - with developer support or not.

However, if a truly open source variant of the child chain concept appears, I will probably support it - being an implementation of the Ardor protocol or another altcoin  Tongue

I can see that you, basically, share all my concerns... almost. The difference is that you are invested in NXT/ARDR and I am not. Therefore you succumb to wishful thinking in lieu of objectivity. That's OK.

What you fail to see as the enormous problem that it is, the potential vulnerability of NEXT 2.0 (Ardor) as a network capable of supporting not just IGNIS but the many others that -at least in their minds- Jelurida wants to sell to corporations and make billion$ (it won't happen). Not only will ARDOR NOT be able to support any medium success of such strategy but, worse of all, even if it could, it will never have the chance to be stress tested, because there will never be demand for such a thing. You see, the whole house of cards is based of people "forging" or "ardoring". Massively. And there's simple not many people doing it and there will never be many people doing it. As in hundreds of thousands of computers, let alone MILLIONS, which is what Ethereum will have when in PoS mode. Now think about it: You are a big -or medium- corporation. You want a private blockchain for your company. Why would you buy one from Jelurida when you can build one for free, with the best network and security support in the world, on the Ethereum platform? A platform fully tested at levels of stress unthinkable for any others... Ardor and Jelurida can pretend to be the best thing since sliced bread but can prove ZERO since there's no way to know at what level of stress the network will fart, taking down the whole enchilada.

Those that you mention are all superior (demonstrably) to what Ardor pretends to be when implemented. They have demonstrated it handling, for instance, the last Mark Cuban ICO. But there are many more cooking. All of them decentralized -at least to some extent-. Stratis, Aragon... many, many more. Not even the slightest chance for Ardor, none. Even if it were the best -far from it, even in pretension- it would be the Betamax equivalent.

Oh and you mention the "monetary system"... do you know the entire scope of such system? I know you can find out the specifics so you'll find out that it is so minimal that is similar to a game of marbles played by a few 8-year olds.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:21:25 AM

At current prices, NXT/ARDR + 1/2 of IGNIS is valued by the market at $160 million. Double the price of Bancor and !/4 above Maidsafe and roughly the same as Lisk.

Time for the price to come down still at least by another 1/3. At least.
brightlight
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:33:45 AM

At current prices, NXT/ARDR + 1/2 of IGNIS is valued by the market at $160 million. Double the price of Bancor and !/4 above Maidsafe and roughly the same as Lisk.

Now I see your intentions! You sold high and now want the price come down even more, putting here and there your agressive posts. Not saying you aren't right in some extent, but you are too insisting, and your latest post about price to go down revealed your plan to buy cheap.

Yes, I reacted on your post, quoted it. You spoiled your fairness-apostle reputation.

Quite mean!!!
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:02:24 AM

NSC payouts #41.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6196

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:17:07 PM

@barrabas: Read my post again. You seem not to have understood what "child chains" are. What you post is totally irrelevant.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noob2020

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:41:43 PM

Will ardor have any new features at release?

Barrabas, can you be more concise? You post all the time and often in long multi paragraph posts. We got day jobs too man! I'm going to have to start skipping them if you can't help me out.

Looking forward to fun features please, give the details. Which is planned next?

Thanks
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:32:35 AM

Now I see your intentions! You sold high and now want the price come down even more, putting here and there your agressive posts. Not saying you aren't right in some extent, but you are too insisting, and your latest post about price to go down revealed your plan to buy cheap.

Yes, I reacted on your post, quoted it. You spoiled your fairness-apostle reputation.

Quite mean!!!

If you read my posts you will have seen that my posting is critical of the management team, based solely on objective criteria and critical thinking, regardless of what the price fluctuations are. If you would have followed this project as long as I have you would know by now that the swings are often huge and always, inevitable. So, even though I started being a holder, when I realized what this project was in terms of management -a scheme to get the most money possible out of it by whatever means necessary-, I became a trader instead. No point, for me, in holding fully knowing that management was dumping by the tens of millions as soon as price spiked, so I buy "low" and sell "high" (as you know my "highs" are usually early for I don't want the last dollar, I prefer to sell safely and if it continues going higher, great. It will always come down again. It always does. And it does not for strange market's behavior but because the team sells. tens if not, collectively, hundreds of millions. That's my play. I'm sure you consider current prices "low". In my estimation, not quite. Maybe ARDOR is getting close but the combo NXT/ARDR is still quite expensive. Therefore, I keep on waiting and if buying I'll buy in small amounts. My criticism will continue as long as there's a reason for it. Assuming that my criticism has anything at all to do with the price moves is just beyond ridiculous, only less ridiculous than believing I would have through my posts, any influence in such moves. Nothing whatsoever to do with what you call my "intentions". As for my "fairness-apostle" reputation, I can't control what other think of it. Or me. Nor try. Up to everyone. Opinions, more often than not, are caused by absurd wishful thinking anyways, so I pay no mind to them, in general.

Now that the nonsense is out of the way, out to what really matters. What do you think the team -please take a look at the 50 top wallets in the explorer, although some of them have also wallets in the top 100 and beyond too.... and no, I cant have proof of that so believe what you want- is going to do with their hundreds of millions of NXT after the snapshot that will give them not only 1/2 IGNIS for each NXT but the proceeds from the ICO entirely plus 25% they take "for development"? Oh they are telling you NXT will continue for months, maybe a year or so... but just think about this: What will be the reason for existence of NXT after ARDOR is implemented? If any feature of NXT is not, and improved, in ARDOR, what will be the purpose of it? No matter how you slice it, the real market price of this project will be whatever the three of them (NXT/ARDR/IGNIS) together is. As it should be since it is the same thing by the same people no matter how many compartments (or "children") they choose to have. My guess (educated one) is that the dumping of NXT is going to be of such proportions that the value will go to 0 or thereabouts instantly. But hey, what do I know, right? We will soon see, that's for sure. As sure as that I will be out BEFORE the snapshot, no matter what. I'm quite sure many in the "team" would do the same.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:33:25 AM

Will ardor have any new features at release?

Barrabas, can you be more concise? You post all the time and often in long multi paragraph posts. We got day jobs too man! I'm going to have to start skipping them if you can't help me out.

Looking forward to fun features please, give the details. Which is planned next?

Thanks

I suggest you skip.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:42:45 AM

@barrabas: Read my post again. You seem not to have understood what "child chains" are. What you post is totally irrelevant.

Perhaps. My understanding of "child chains", in this case, is that they are  private blockchains supported by the main. Except for IGNIS that will be public or semi-public, therefore yet another token. Maybe I am missing something in this concise description and you care to illustrate us all?

My main point though remains that regardless how you want to call the traffic that the main blockchain will support, even at a minimal level of success, would be a quantum leap compared with current traffic and that since it cannot be stress tested we are left with just pretensions as to security, speed and capacity. No one in his right mind would risk real world assets under such premise. That is why this project's future is very, very questionable when much more advances alternatives, some of them quite stress-tested already, are available. For free.
Pages: « 1 ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 [449] 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: