Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

If you have you have signed up and exhausted your voting rights, transfer a nominal amount into your shiny new hitbtc account as play money and trade around with the interface. This will add some volume pressure too.

Then send an email to the PR guy here >>>> pr@hitbtc.com  telling them:

i) you have transferred some money in and had a look around
ii) what you think about the interface, suggest any improvements you might have thought of
iii) and TELL THEM YOU LOOK FORWARD TO THEM ADDING NXT AND THE FIAT EXCHAGNES THEY WILL BE ADDING. This will encourage you to move even more cash into hitbtc.

The vote is becoming a side show now so now we need to back it up with some genuine supportive action, I think we have made our point but just need to push it over the line with some personal attention Grin

Bump  Grin Grin Keep the votes coming and big thanks to abctc and pazor for contacting Hitbtc and for the lovely replies they got back!  Cheesy >>>> https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/httpshitbtc-comvote/msg26146#msg26146

Remember, this could be another Fiat gateway for us into US dollars and the Euro (it addition to Bithaus/Nxthuas and DGEX that are in the works as we speak and CNY on BTER) Our people (EvilDave) are still talking to their people following up from the good initial talks at the Amsterdam conference and it is looking very positive. But let's not take anything for granted Emails are more important than votes at this stage, but I still want both  Cheesy

Vote >>> hitbtc.com/vote and email help is above. I want to see more nice messages back from the lovely people at hitbtc please   Wink Grin
Daedelus

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:40:47 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 05:34:43 PM by Daedelus

NEW PLANNED FEATURE RELEASE

With no trail time or warning at all (as is his way  Cheesy ), Come-from-Beyond committed code related to a new feature known as Economic Clustering (EC)

Mini take-aways are (as I am still digesting it. Please correct me,  if require  Cheesy ):
i) Addresses the so called 'Nothing-At-Stake Problem'
ii) Analysis of the transactions will allow the detection of forks
iii) The community needs to build infrastructure of nodes and hubs (forging pools) as a first step and then they need to form the Economic Cluster

And we are another step towards full transparent forging  Whoop whoop! Grin  Grin Cheesy

This is an important technical feature so skip the rest if you're not interested in the nuts and bolts  Cheesy

I'd like to announce a new feature. Today I committed code related to Economic Clustering (EC). This concept is a development of the idea of Economic Majority introduced by Meni Rosenfeld.

In his notes BCNext states that EC solves the most critical flaw of Proof-of-Stake concept, according to the description this flaw is what others call "Nothing-at-Stake" problem. The 3rd part of the Plan contains such the words:
Mining in Nxt relies on cooperation of people and even forces it
That was said about EC.

The concept of economic clustering is quite simple. Words "economic majority" say enough to explain how it works. From technical point of view it means that if someone decides to rewrite the history of the blockchain he won't be able to include transactions of those who don't take part in the attack, because every transaction contains the id of one of the recent blocks. When Alice sends money to Bob in exchange for something she'll get what she wants only if Bob validates the transaction. And this can happen only if they are both on the same branch.

Forgers can't forge all branches at once, they are faced with a choice, an attempt to forge more than one branch will lead to their exclusion from one of the clusters.

The proposed technical solution will also be used for analysis of transactions to detect forks. This is one of the reasons why I decided to implement part of EC without waiting for complete TF. Another reason is that proposed solution should be peer reviewed. Recent hot debates on BitcoinTalk regarding Nothing-at-Stake show that people are paying a lot of attention to PoS cryptocoins. This is a good opportunity to get a lot of reviews.

Extra consensus rule mentioned in the 1st part of the Plan is a rule that defines choice of an economic cluster a node sticks too. I can't reveal all the details yet, we still need to build infrastructure of nodes and hubs and (this is more important) to form such a cluster...

Source: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=post;quote=26267;topic=1635.0
MisterT

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:37:03 PM

cannot find any assets on asset exchange!

Find the ID on the issuer's website or announcement page!

Where can i find this announcement page?  Shocked
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:41:18 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 06:51:25 PM by Anon136

Want to own a piece of this? Asset ID: 7819056276221630295

Tokens should be hitting the asset exchange any minute now!

Cool! My silver bar looked so beautiful, I bet its melted by now Smiley

Initial demand was good for my tokens, but unfortunately to cover my costs I've had to sell my tokens at above the current price for silver (the price of silver also fell since I bought my bar).

I think once a few more sellers appear, and the price of silver goes back up a bit, the price for silver tokens on anon's silver gateway will track the spot price closely.

It was/is cool to feel the *power* of a monopolist for a while lol

no it isn't melted. i would have to take a hacksaw to it and that would make a bunch of shavings, very valuable shavings. so the big bar just went in the safe and i pulled out 100 ounces of random rounds. santa clause, marry cristmass, happy birthday type rounds. I've been melting those down. If i do ever get to the point where i have to hack up that bar, ill probably have to figure out some way to make sure that i catch all of the shavings. Maybe ill sit inside a childrens swimming pool while i do it Tongue. Either way this is all so fun. I hope the community stays interested long enough for this to work.

sorry to hear that Sad

My hope is that they will diverge from spot and my price can become a better indicator Cheesy. Hey i can dream right.

I appreciate what you are trying to do here. But I'm curious, why add all the work and overhead of melting the silver and making your own bars. Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

a couple of reasons.

the first is that assets on the exchange lend themselves to heterogeneity. I'll give you an extreme example to illustrate the point. Imagine that i have 2 assets, copper and art. If you send me copper assets i will send you plain old copper ingots. This is good the market can price this in and people can know what they are buying. Now imagine art asset. When you send me an art asset i send you an art. Any kind of art from any artists. People would have no idea what to do with this asset and it wouldn't ever be worth very much except to some people who liked to gamble. Well all silver coins are worth different amounts of money and some people want 100 ounce bars but others would hate them. By creating a uniform heterogeneous product we get better utility out of the asset its self.

when i make my own bars i create a situation where people who buy silver from me dont have to worry about selling to a pawn shop or something. if they ever want to sell their silver than can just send the bars back to me in exchange for warehouse receipts and sell those on the asset exchange. if i sent out any kind of silver i brought in than i wouldn't be able to discriminate in this useful way.

its practice. i hope to move into refining soon and i will have to melt the silver that i refine into bars. also in the future i hope to have a stamping machine and these can have a brand. Perhaps "nxt silver bullion gateway".

With all that said. I have been considering doing just what you said. I guess my asset would consist of any off brand 1 ounce silver rounds if i did that. it would give me reasonable heterogeneity even though some brands are worth a lot more than others.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:42:08 PM

Where can i find this announcement page?  Shocked

Here you are. I am sorry about his: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-62/asset-exchange-ipos-launch-day-listings!/

If you want to see all assets, install the NRS 1.1.3.
MisterT

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:44:42 PM

Where can i find this announcement page?  Shocked

Here you are. I am sorry about his: https://nxtforum.org/asset-exchange-62/asset-exchange-ipos-launch-day-listings!/

Thank you, but why i cannot see the assets at NRS 1.1.4?

and where can i download NRS 1.1.3?

here i can find only NRS 1.1.4?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:49:19 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Daedelus

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:49:37 PM

All recent releases are here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/
Daedelus

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:51:46 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

Make them shiny. Definitely  Grin Marketing will be easier
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:58:52 PM

you can find all asset here  http://www.cryptoassetcharts.info/assets/info and here  http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=70&sort=1

Grin Grin Grin
theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:04:54 PM

"NXTdrop" is the worlds first decentralized oil painting.    Asset Id:2751500054965016187

30% of the IPO sold!

Thank you investors! This is going to be huge.
Hopefully media notices this at some point (I do my best to keep sending emails)  Smiley

ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

All downloads are here: https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads

There was a decision made to remove the complete list of assets from the official client.
MisterT

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:31:17 PM

you can find all asset here  http://www.cryptoassetcharts.info/assets/info and here  http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=70&sort=1

Grin Grin Grin

thank you, for something I've been looking for
platorin

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:46:43 PM

Good news!  Grin
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

I'm trying to get over an issue of PoS coins. If I have 500k coins, why should I distribute any if I'm going to profit by forging?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:09:38 PM

Hitbtc.com voting .....

Guys/girls/undecided:

You have all done a brilliant job on the voting campaign for the hitbtc.com exchange, we are still slightly behind Blackcoin, but not by much.
I've had some positive contact with a representative from hitbtc in the last 2 days, and they are definitely interested. So far the good news, now for the bad news:

Who let the DOGEs out?

As you can see, the doggies are at 2000 votes and climbing, probably 3000 by the time I finish this post.
Maybe we should make a truce with BC, go and have a beer while the DOGEs go voting-crazy.....

Anyway, this is turning into an interesting competition......keep it rolling, everyone, all of this 3-way battle just means more users for hitbtc and more market for NXT, when we get on.

Everybody wins.

So go to:
https://hitbtc.com/vote
Vote, then register and vote again for a x10 vote. Then use hitbtc......it looks like a bloody good exchange.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:16:22 PM

I'm trying to get over an issue of PoS coins. If I have 500k coins, why should I distribute any if I'm going to profit by forging?

presumably because there are things that you value more highly than money in the future. i mean you do know that you are going to die someday right?

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:20:22 PM

If only 20 people have all the coins, and they are just holding them, then they really aren't worth anything.
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:32:18 PM

presumably because there are things that you value more highly than money in the future. i mean you do know that you are going to die someday right?

I don't know, technology might one day have the capacity to make us immortal Wink

I see what you're saying. Eventually, a holder is going to want to spend those coins. Otherwise, they're just watching numbers go up

If only 20 people have all the coins, and they are just holding them, then they really aren't worth anything.

Yeah I thought about it like this, but wasn't satisfied with the explanation. Obviously, 20 people are not holding this coin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:37:45 PM

I don't know, technology might one day have the capacity to make us immortal Wink

I see what you're saying. Eventually, a holder is going to want to spend those coins. Otherwise, they're just watching numbers go up

Yeah I thought about it like this, but wasn't satisfied with the explanation. Obviously, 20 people are not holding this coin

Right, just do what works for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: