Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940984 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:05:38 PM

Shameless selfpost: Can you guys take a look at my website and give some feedback and test the trollbox?

http://cryptorating.org/

Thank you Smiley

EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

Shameless selfpost: Can you guys take a look at my website and give some feedback and test the trollbox?

http://cryptorating.org/

Thank you Smiley

Tried it, liked it.

Good work, Twin!

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:27:05 PM

Over 35,000 accounts now.
Can someone tell me if that's clients actually running at the time, or something else? (It seems a little stable for that.)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

Can someone tell me if that's clients actually running at the time, or something else? (It seems a little stable for that.)

This represents the number of NXT accounts that EVER had NXT on them.

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:40:00 PM

Thanks.
Presumably a better measure of adoption than for bitcoin. Is there a better one? Is it possible to count active accounts?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:41:43 PM

Thanks.
Presumably a better measure of adoption than for bitcoin. Is there a better one? Is it possible to count active accounts?

Well a way would be to count all accounts with a balance higher than 10 (so that faucet spam doesn't count). Then divide that by the number of accounts the average person has. (1.5 maybe?) then add all the people that only store NXT on exchanges(many I believe). Overall I'd say we are around 3-5k users.

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 09:46:45 PM

Thanks.

Well a way would be to count all accounts with a balance higher than 10 (so that faucet spam doesn't count). Then divide that by the number of accounts the average person has. (1.5 maybe?) then add all the people that only store NXT on exchanges(many I believe). Overall I'd say we are around 3-5k users.

Far fewer than I thought. But all the more impressive for it.
It would be nice to have reliable figures updated regularly. I guess market cap is some kind of proxy.
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 09:47:28 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

I think he's planning on making 'NXT' bars eventually...

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

some potential upgrades (in the order i think is most important):
buying a tumbler so that bars will come out with a mirror shine
moving into refining
having a custom 10 ounce mold made so i can start pouring 10 ounce bars
getting stamps and a stamping machine
moving into gold

Anon136, I assume the tokens on the AE represent a share in these bars you are showing. The bars are obviously in your possession. So claiming your share would mean that you have to send/ship the physical stuff to that person. We have to trust you for this. So is there a way in which we can eliminate this trust (the crypto world is all about finding trushtless solutions). Even if you are trustworthy then there is the problem of a limited lifespam. What happens if you die (i hope you life long, don't get me wrong).

So i think it would be nice if you could setup a company/organisation/foundation that legaly possesses the silver and would deliver them to anyone who has the tokens. So this company needs to legally acknowledge the NXT blockchain and the silver tokens that are traded on it.

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:00:06 PM

limited lifespam. 

For those unfamiliar, this is the time it takes for spam to become inedible.
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:02:25 PM

limited lifespam. 

I was thinking more along the lines of a life-dose of spam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:32:56 PM

limited lifespam. 

Isn't that the same as either infinity or instantanious (depending of which School of Spam you adhere to)?

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Voluntold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:33:34 PM

Anon136, I assume the tokens on the AE represent a share in these bars you are showing. The bars are obviously in your possession. So claiming your share would mean that you have to send/ship the physical stuff to that person. We have to trust you for this. So is there a way in which we can eliminate this trust (the crypto world is all about finding trushtless solutions). Even if you are trustworthy then there is the problem of a limited lifespam. What happens if you die (i hope you life long, don't get me wrong).

So i think it would be nice if you could setup a company/organisation/foundation that legaly possesses the silver and would deliver them to anyone who has the tokens. So this company needs to legally acknowledge the NXT blockchain and the silver tokens that are traded on it.

You'll never be able to completely eliminate trust, and that's a good thing.  Why do we always need to turn to the state to 'protect us'?  

Oh yeah, because people make stupid decisions and then want to socialize the consequences of those stupid decisions....

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:45:24 PM

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy silver rounds/bars, warehouse them and tie the assets to that storage?

Where is the fun?

I guess if pouring 2000deg metal is one guys idea of fun, more power to him. Wink

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

im not sure if i want to do that or just have a more general brand. but yes i will definitely be getting a stamping machine and some custom stamps at some point. i really need more feedback from the community. there are soo many things that i could do to improve my business. like literally 2 dozen things that i know of already and of course i can only do one at a time so it would be great if i knew what was most important to you guys so i could put that at the top of my list.

moving into refining
moving into gold

He certainly needs trust. But, that is gained by transparency. That is gained by a 3rd part audit of his bullion holdings. The only issue I see with this asset is the total asset count doesn't equal his current holdings. This makes the audit harder. Although, I guess there is no way with the ASSET exchange to adjust the number of shares (ounces in his case) based on his warehoused bullion.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:23:22 PM

If you want to say to your (grand)kids one day - yes, I was there and helping, when all media wrote about our Nxt crowdfunding for the expo event, here is your chance: Smiley

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/fundraising-for-payexpo/msg27006/#msg27006

Zehra J Chudry:
Delighted to welcome @NXTCoin as the official #cryptocurrency Partner @PayExpo NXT will be paying their #crowdfunded sponsorship in #Nxtcoin

thanks
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:40:10 PM

Where is the fun?

moving into refining
moving into gold

Of course i want to do that, but i have to take this thing 1 step at a time. Right now my concern is getting the community to show enough interest to justify buying a 50 dollar tumbler not a million dollar corporation. I'm worried honestly. Right now im number 17 on the list when im the only asset (as far as i know) that actually has something real to show other than just pie in the sky promises. I'm hoping this will get better when we have more sellers competing with each other to bring prices down. There are so many things that i can do to make this project better. Some would make it a lot better for only a little bit of money, stamping machine and tumbler for example. Something like incorporating and hiring employees who can carry on my work should i die would undoubtedly make it better but at what cost? i need to do all of the things that make it better and dont cost a million dollars before i move onto things that make it better but do cost a million dollars. As for now, the risk that i should die just needs to be priced in, take it into consideration when thinking about how much you are willing to pay for an asset.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
JustBetweenUs

Activity: 290
Merit: 28

bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

Where is the fun?

What is so fun at pool party with barbecuing, beer and live band... when you can melt metal in hot oven... Oh yeaaaah ! !   Grin   Grin

moving into refining
moving into gold

Of course i want to do that, but i have to take this thing 1 step at a time. Right now my concern is getting the community to show enough interest to justify buying a 50 dollar tumbler not a million dollar corporation. I'm worried honestly. Right now im number 17 on the list when im the only asset (as far as i know) that actually has something real to show other than just pie in the sky promises. I'm hoping this will get better when we have more sellers competing with each other to bring prices down. There are so many things that i can do to make this project better. Some would make it a lot better for only a little bit of money, stamping machine and tumbler for example. Something like incorporating and hiring employees who can carry on my work should i die would undoubtedly make it better but at what cost? i need to do all of the things that make it better and dont cost a million dollars before i move onto things that make it better but do cost a million dollars. As for now, the risk that i should die just needs to be priced in, take it into consideration when thinking about how much you are willing to pay for an asset.

Don't worry, I haven't bought anything on the AE yet because I think everything is overvalued at the moment (and I am holding all the Nxt I own), but I've been following what you are doing from the start and silver is definitely the first thing I'm buying on the AE. I'm sure there's a lot of people like me.

You have the right approach, just stay patient and keep the big picture in mind.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:46:55 PM

He certainly needs trust. But, that is gained by transparency. That is gained by a 3rd part audit of his bullion holdings. The only issue I see with this asset is the total asset count doesn't equal his current holdings. This makes the audit harder. Although, I guess there is no way with the ASSET exchange to adjust the number of shares (ounces in his case) based on his warehoused bullion.

its simple actually. 1 trillion units issued. 999,999,999,891.6648 assets in the possession of account NXT-UWKJ-GFEV-AGY4-5C4YS. 1 trillion - 999,999,999,891.6648 = 108.3352. I have 108.3352 troy ounces in total liabilities.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:41:06 AM

Can NXT do more?

What features are coming soon?  I know the exchange is up and running now...

What should we expect in the coming months??

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
JustBetweenUs

Activity: 290
Merit: 28

bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 01:58:43 AM

Can NXT do more?

Nxt doesn't have to do anything more for now. Let the market catch up first. It has already a ton more features than some coins that are valued way higher.

But obviously, projects are still popping up everyday.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
████  BRIDGING MARKETS ███
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:05:06 AM

Can NXT do more?

You should take a peek at nxtforum.org, a lot of stuff going on there Wink

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: