Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:07:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you still wants us to continue to support Quarkbar?
Yes - 24 (96%)
No - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED.....  (Read 123104 times)
Obfuscode

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:35:21 AM

POT sounds good to me.

Also I'd be for adding GPU-resistant algorithms (I know, this is just a race condition where we as dev have to keep changing the algorithms as soon as somebody managed to code a GPU-miner for it...) because it will increase the investment made into the coin and thus raise it's value on the longterm.
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:38:13 AM

Proof of Take (POT)
That is a very innovative idea and I do like it but I can also imagine how some people might feel as though they are being coerced into participation under threat of having their coins taken away, but with that being said I do genuinely like the angle Smiley

Rather than punishing non-participants we can perhaps reward only the participants.

Well I guess it depends on what your ultimate aim for quarkbar is, the POT idea would be perfect if the point of quarkbar was to act as a short term value transfer mechanism, like converting some of my btc into qb before going for a night on the town. It would be like the cash I take in my wallet that I intend to spend rather than a store of value.

Perhaps this would be a good role for quarkbar?

Lots of possibilities Smiley
derrend

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 11:38:49 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 12:02:47 PM by derrend

Also I'd be for adding GPU-resistant algorithms (I know, this is just a race condition where we as dev have to keep changing the algorithms as soon as somebody managed to code a GPU-miner for it...) because it will increase the investment made into the coin and thus raise it's value on the longterm.
+1
SaintFrantic

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:44:00 AM

Regarding PoS...I'm not a fan of it
Jonesd said something similar...

Just out of interest Jonesd and Obfuscode, in your professional opinions Wink what feature would you suggest for the coin at this stage?

We're basically looking for a way to have the network continue to support transactions once all coins are mined. POS is a way to do this, but it stimulates people to not spend their coins.

Proof of Take (POT)
I personally was thinking of doing the opposite of POS, where coins deteriorate over time if they are stored and not used. Part of the stored unused coins will be redistributed over the miners in this case. When a wallet has been offline for a long time and comes online again it can be punished with a certain deterioration of funds (1% / week up to maximum of 10% or something). In this scenario, people can also prevent deterioration by synching the wallet at least once a week.

This has the following benefits:
- Transactions can be free: This would make it possible to replace the fee on transactions with a fee on keeping the coins offline.
- Decrease only for not-contributing part: Active people are in the clear, but stored funds will decrease over time.
- No inflation: The coins get redistributed, but the total amount does not have to increase.

I would be more motivated to be part of the network in such a case!

Probably a lot of things to say against it, but idea is still in early stage. Smiley
I personally don't agree with this. Why? First you need to be able to spend your coins on something and If you don't have that will crash the price down. Who really wants to put money in something and 5 days later to be loosing already. We need to think about something else even If its not POS. But destroy coin because I don't have what to buy with, waiting for price to rise or not wanting to spending them is not a good idea. I hope we could find some ways to invent something else.

I did vote for Something Experimental just to be noted!

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:12:30 PM

Just out of interest Jonesd and Obfuscode, in your professional opinions Wink what feature would you suggest for the coin at this stage?

We're basically looking for a way to have the network continue to support transactions once all coins are mined. POS is a way to do this, but it stimulates people to not spend their coins.

Proof of Take (POT)
I personally was thinking of doing the opposite of POS, where coins deteriorate over time if they are stored and not used. Part of the stored unused coins will be redistributed over the miners in this case. When a wallet has been offline for a long time and comes online again it can be punished with a certain deterioration of funds (1% / week up to maximum of 10% or something). In this scenario, people can also prevent deterioration by synching the wallet at least once a week.

- Transactions can be free: This would make it possible to replace the fee on transactions with a fee on keeping the coins offline.
- Decrease only for not-contributing part: Active people are in the clear, but stored funds will decrease over time.
- No inflation: The coins get redistributed, but the total amount does not have to increase.

Probably a lot of things to say against it, but idea is still in early stage. Smiley
I personally don't agree with this. Why? First you need to be able to spend your coins on something and If you don't have that will crash the price down. Who really wants to put money in something and 5 days later to be loosing already. We need to think about something else even If its not POS. But destroy coin because I don't have what to buy with, waiting for price to rise or not wanting to spending them is not a good idea. I hope we could find some ways to invent something else.

I have no intend to destroy coins, but partly redistribute them if the wallet rarely gets synched. This enables us to have the benefit that POS offers without creating new coins.

We're into this as a community so I believe this will spur the need for innovation, because it's in all our benefit to use the coins as money.

I believe the value lies in the practical use. Not in just storing it somewhere.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:13:30 PM

+1

+1 as well:-)

derrend

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:20:26 PM

dont forget to vote for Quarkbar on Qex here,
it's only 1 vote per user and bitquark is winning at the moment with just 4 votes Sad
Some fella in our qex thread even commented for qb but didn't vote!

It's the button above the comment box that says 'like' Wink

'kvd', if you're reading this... get your ass back there! Grin
Obfuscode

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:53:02 PM

dont forget to vote for Quarkbar on Qex here,
it's only 1 vote per user and bitquark is winning at the moment with just 4 votes Sad
Some fella in our qex thread even commented for qb but didn't vote!

It's the button above the comment box that says 'like' Wink

'kvd', if you're reading this... get your ass back there! Grin

Wow their thread is terribly outdated!!!

Look at all that wrong info there... Nodes are wrong, Wallets are wrong, Pools are wrong, Explorer is wrong, Twitter is wrong...

Essentially everything but the name and logo is wrong :|
derrend

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:02:34 PM

Wow their thread is terribly outdated!!!
I noticed that too, dropped a message to support on the qex homepage in the chat box.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

Proof of Take (POT)

I have no intend to destroy coins, but partly redistribute them if the wallet rarely gets synched. This enables us to have the benefit that POS offers without creating new coins.

We're into this as a community so I believe this will spur the need for innovation, because it's in all our benefit to use the coins as money.

I believe the value lies in the practical use. Not in just storing it somewhere.

What will stop someone to create numerous wallet address and transfer from one to the other?

Obfuscode

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:08:47 PM

I noticed that too, dropped a message to support on the qex homepage in the chat box.

Thanks mate!
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:13:20 PM

Proof of Take (POT)

I would have to agree with saintfrantic on this one. Although I agree we are in this as a community we need to make sure we stay a strong community and grow. What we need to be doing is figuring out a way to get global awareness and credibility. I actually voted to keep quarkbar as it is for now. It has very strong charactoristics and now has a super Dev team that can keep things running smooth. To an investor, the idea that if I invest in a coin and then open my wallet one day to find that some of my coins were taken, I would not be a very happy man and would probly get out of that market. Imagine if you opened your bitcoin wallet to find that you lost a bunch, just because you didn't sync your wallet.

Instead, We should start focusing on creating a good use for quarkbar. Turn it into a recognized useful currency.

Lets do something as a community to get people talking about quarkbar.

Quarkbar is a strong coin now. I think its community work that is going to make quarkbar stronger now.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:18:15 PM

Proof of Take (POT)

I would have to agree with saintfrantic on this one. Although I agree we are in this as a community we need to make sure we stay a strong community and grow. What we need to be doing is figuring out a way to get global awareness and credibility. I actually voted to keep quarkbar as it is for now. It has very strong charactoristics and now has a super Dev team that can keep things running smooth. To an investor, the idea that if I invest in a coin and then open my wallet one day to find that some of my coins were taken, I would not be a very happy man and would probly get out of that market. Imagine if you opened your bitcoin wallet to find that you lost a bunch, just because you didn't sync your wallet.

Instead, We should start focusing on creating a good use for quarkbar. Turn it into a recognized useful currency.

Lets do something as a community to get people talking about quarkbar.

Quarkbar is a strong coin now. I think its community work that is going to make quarkbar stronger now.

Absolutely my point. We need some brainstorming.

BitQuark

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:23:16 PM

POT sounds good to me.

I talked with JoesD about an idea that I had to make quark algo coins GPU-resistant. I want to see if it's possible to integrate something like N-factor into the quark algo. This way it would limit the amount of GPU hashing power on the coin.

derrend

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 01:27:41 PM

I actually voted to keep quarkbar as it is for now.
Innovation in my opinion is the first priority in any space, especially in one as competitive as this.
If the above quoted statement had been posed to either Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg you would have you fired on the spot.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:22:01 PM

Innovation in my opinion is the first priority in any space, especially in one as competitive as this.
If the above quoted statement had been posed to either Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg you would have you fired on the spot.
Can someone explain how is the POS actually working? It's quite random, isn't? Is it not better to have fixed interest rate?

shursight

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:31:39 PM

well its a good thing I dont work for apple or facebook then. Lol Grin.

I am in marketing, at some point, quarkbar will need to be sold as a viable currency that people use to buy things. It is great to be an innovative coin, yes, but the whole point of a currency is finding a way to use it. I feel that is the next step needed.

Most people want money so they can spend it. In the end, quarkbar will be strong and valuable because people use it as money.

We have almost 70% of the coins mined. This is the perfect time to focus on turning it into money.

I am actually working on an idea that could raise global awareness about quarkbar and possibly gaine some mainsream media attention.

Plus I would be interested in hearing any ideas that anybody else has also. If anyone wants to PM me maybe we can exchange some ideas.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:56:02 PM

Proof of Take (POT)

I like thinking out of the box. However I do not like this idea. I think it would crash the price. I know I for one would dump all of my coins if this was implemented. Not using that as a threat just saying what I would do so I am guessing there will at least be a portion that does the same.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:04:32 PM

We will probably have to first find out what the problem is if we want to put solutions into effect.

Maybe it is better to ask what the most important aim is that we want to chase at the moment:
1. Make it harder to mine this coin by GPU (more algorithms).
2. Coin needs to have a use --> markets or POT?
3. Investors must like the coin --> POS
4. Most innovative coin --> interesting for marketing

What do you think is the most important thing we should focus on?

tom14cat14

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:14:39 PM

We will probably have to first find out what the problem is if we want to put solutions into effect.

Maybe it is better to ask what the most important aim is that we want to chase at the moment:
1. Make it harder to mine this coin by GPU (more algorithms).
2. Coin needs to have a use --> markets or POT?
3. Investors must like the coin --> POS
4. Most innovative coin --> interesting for marketing

What do you think is the most important thing we should focus on?

I think Investors must like the coin followed very closely by need a market for the coin. The coin has to be worth something for real maket places to be interested in the coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: