Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:25:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you still wants us to continue to support Quarkbar?
Yes - 24 (96%)
No - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED.....  (Read 123104 times)
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:35:27 AM

New QB exchange!

BTC-Market has selected quarkbar as one of their release coins! This is a new exchange so trade with care!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:46:50 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 09:36:36 PM by derrend

are no wrong ideas or answers Smiley
Anybody contemplated starting a pulse based quarkbar fork from a fresh genesis block?
Existing Quarkbar (and possibly frycoin but prob not) holders could exchange their existing tokens for pulse based ones through a proof of burn process Undecided

Would benefit the active community, leave behind dead coins in dead wallets, not have the majority of the blockchain already mined and shortened, not have a shaky beginning as a scamcoin etc.

The coin could be called 'PULSE' after the algorythm itself so any coin based on it afterwards would be indirectly promoting the coin, just like 'Quark based' indirectly promotes Quarkcoin and identifies it as the original. This could be the case with 'PULSEcoin'?
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Anybody contemplated starting a pulse based quarkbar fork from a fresh genesis block?
Existing Quarkbar (and possibly frycoin but prob not) holders could exchange their existing tokens for pulse based ones through a proof of burn process Undecided

Would benefit active community members, leave behind dead coins in dead wallets, not have the majority of the blockchain already mined and shortened, not have a shaky beginning as a scamcoin etc.

The coin could be called 'PULSE' after the algorythm itself so any coin based on it afterwards would be indirectly promoting the coin, just like 'Quark based' indirectly promotes Quarkcoin and identifies it as the original. This could be the case with 'PULSEcoin'?

Now that seams like a great idea.
Burninj
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:47:21 PM

Rebrand with a swap would be a good idea
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:38:17 PM

We have thought about swapping way back, but went against it because it is a lot of work to organize and likely to have a lot of people that find out about it too late and will be disgruntled.

We can however think about expanding the amount of coins for example.

tom14cat14

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

We have thought about swapping way back, but went against it because it is a lot of work to organize and likely to have a lot of people that find out about it too late and will be disgruntled.

Read My lips, No New coins!   Grin
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:00:22 PM

Read My lips, No New coins!   Grin

hehe Smiley

derrend

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 09:35:41 PM

Lol, quarkbar would never recover, imagine if bitcoin did that Cheesy You cray cray Jonesd Wink
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:23:32 AM

Lol, quarkbar would never recover, imagine if bitcoin did that Cheesy You cray cray Jonesd Wink

Who you calling cray cray, boy?

DOGE actually made their coin amount infinite (to mixed success). Smiley

It's about keeping the chain alive when you cannot mint new coins anymore. We still have coins for about two more years. We can expand that by implementing PULSE and slowing down the blockchain according to the amount of transactions. We'll be fine for probably ten more years with that.

tom14cat14

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:24:45 AM

It's about keeping the chain alive when you cannot mint new coins anymore. We still have coins for about two more years. We can expand that by implementing PULSE and slowing down the blockchain according to the amount of transactions. We'll be fine for probably ten more years with that.

Doge is a different story them most alt coins.
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:13:14 AM

Doge is a different story them most alt coins.

Such true Smiley

I think as an alternative to a coin swap there are other ways to give new people the option to get into our new coin. With the current low price that opportunity is surely there, so we hope it will lead to a major redistribution of coins. Next to this we're doing constant giveaways to give newbies a way to get hold on Quarkbar.

The specs of the coin are better than other Quark-based coins, so our first aim is to become the #1 Quarkbased coin. The original one has a major problem of being in the hands of a small amount of people.

shursight

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:43:38 PM

Would benefit active community members, leave behind dead coins in dead wallets, not have the majority of the blockchain already mined and shortened, not have a shaky beginning as a scamcoin etc.

Now that seams like a great idea.
I feel this would be a step backward. We have brought QB so far since the takeover. To start over with a new coin now would erase all the hard work done thus far.

Most people that discover QB like its attributes. We need to make QB usable, that's all. Once we get uses for QB, the sky is the limit.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
shursight

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

I have contacts in the entertainment industry and have cobbled some thoughts for crypto utilization, whether it is QB or another for that matter. I do like QB’s longevity and algo, I believe it is all really a matter of implementation.

Thoughts on integration/use. Promote the use of QB for entertainment venue purchases, i.e. ticket sales, food and beverage and event merchandise.

This would be the pinnacle of use evolution and will take time and require an incentive for consumers to use QB.

Incentive to use could be derived from perceived discounts ...example 15-20% discount on purchases using QB vs USD at current market rates. This is easily manipulated by overpricing actual retail in USD. This is only one example.

Another approach is to utilize sponsorship monies to bridge a discount gap....i.e...QB gives discount (10-20% vs USD) and in turn affiliates with an event/product sponsor, part of sponsor monies go to purchase QB on market, effectively boosting market value and returning discounted percentage. There are easier ways to do this type of value exchange but the point is to create market support.

Consumers will want a platform that is easy to use. Most people don't own Bitcoin let alone know how to get it. So I say skip that step when it comes to paying with QB. Example:
"Pay with USD $20.....Pay with QB $17.50"

Obviously consumers will want to pay less in USD, the format they are familiar with. This is where the perception comes in on a consumer level, unlike you or I would see it, BTC/QB market comparison. We really only need to get $17.50 for our product, but if they want to pay in USD then fine, our gain.

The point is to get consumers, on a transactional level, to not really think about using a crypto as payment, the concept is still too foreign. That is like me paying you with wheat futures, its an equivalent transaction but too much thinking.

This integration/illusion could likely be done through (and I'm not a programmer so pardon me if I'm wrong) an internal live api market app USD/BTC/QB running in background at all points of sale keeping profit margins intact by adjusting pricing as necessary should it fall out of line. This can also create a sense of "I better buy now before the price changes."

On the BTC market side QB could gain public interest through any and all of it's venue participation by having trade, value and asset promotion links and market info available, that is to those that would have further questions/interest.

Rebranding and /or forking may also be an option to provide specialized shares for target market venues/products…. environmental conscious product/service….donation/cause based...special event...etc…

Just some grease for the thinking wheels...post or contact me directly if this is something that makes sense.

I like this idea. Can work very easily in just about any market. Any payment platform can be set up for multiple currency and discounts.

The major thing QB would need is higher level trading avenue. Companies that would accept QB as payment would need to know they could trade for USD or BTC quickly and easily.

I think if we could get listed on Bittrex, Bter and/or Cryptsy, we could show companies that QB can be traded quickly and easily.

Next step should be to get listed on top exchanges. We need more people to see and trade Quarkbar! Smiley

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:27:07 PM

Quarkbar keeps rising!

The price of Quarkbar keeps rising! We are happy to see so much buying support!

SRBOOTH

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:18:09 PM

Quarkbar keeps rising!

Hey JonesD how do you change the AllCoin dashboard to get this view format, lol, can't figure it?
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:53:10 PM

Quarkbar keeps rising!

Hey JonesD how do you change the AllCoin dashboard to get this view format, lol, can't figure it?

Magic! :p

It's done with a screenshot plugin while the browser screen was 60% of its width

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:48:16 AM

How long until PULSAR (coin) is released and when we can exchange Quarkbar for it??
Thanks Smiley

There will be no exchange of coins. Only an update of the wallet will be required when we do updates.

derrend

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:49:27 AM

There will be no exchange of coins. Only an update of the wallet will be required when we do updates.
Cheesy lol
raulrichart

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:48:38 PM

Houston we have a problem!!!, no pool to mining...
raulrichart

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:01:47 PM

mining on pool http://94.156.218.28:7977 and solomining I lost QB 1200  three days of mining, someone knows why, today in the wallet at 7 pm me these coins disappeared, everything mining from Saturday at 9 am to 7 pm today.
p2p pool 94.156.218.28:7977 is not more online...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: