Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you still wants us to continue to support Quarkbar?
Yes - 24 (96%)
No - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED.....  (Read 123104 times)
Obfuscode

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:33:11 AM

0.4 coins per day !!! HuhHuh !!!! Thank you! You killed mining! I'm leaving!

you do know that pulse cut block creation right?
so on a 24h period there are now only a 10th of the blocks available as before... obviously you will get less payout..

Also we got the difficulty fix finished to favour GPUs over CPUs to a certain degree again.
gch

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:05:56 AM

I got 24 QB for 10 hours while I did tests with my p2pool with approximately 500-900 kh/s, maybe luck.
Indeed there are a lot of rejected blocks thanks to pulse and the p2pool is acting crazy, it is 10 times slower - 300 seconds vs 30 seconds after all.
Obfuscode

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:16:07 AM

I got 24 QB for 10 hours while I did tests with my p2pool with approximately 500-900 kh/s, maybe luck.
Indeed there are a lot of rejected blocks thanks to pulse and the p2pool is acting crazy, it is 10 times slower - 300 seconds vs 30 seconds after all.

300secs is the pulse-dictated interval, you wont get blocks mined faster without TX Wink
xtrembash

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:20:00 AM

like i said..

it was already hard to mine some coins with the low block reward (2QB per block)
and there will be even harder with pulse !!
Sad

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:59:46 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 10:21:09 AM by Jonesd

like i said..

it was already hard to mine some coins with the low block reward (2QB per block)
Sad

PROS AND CONS

We understand this transition phase takes time to get used to, but it is much better for the coin in the long run. I will sum up some of the benefits here:

Old way
+ Higher reward
+ Constant quick block creation

- No more coins to mint in about 2 years
- High amount of empty blocks (98.7% was empty)
- Constant flow of new coins for unneeded blocks

PULSE
+ Quick block creation when needed --> linked to amount of transactions (TX) --> Amount of TX blocks went from 1,3% to 14%!
+ Minted coins will keep coming for about 15-20 years (instead of 2)
+ Future resistant: Does not need much mining power (10kh-500kh is sufficient)
+ Time forge not possible, due to unpredictable block creation
+ Slower influx of new coins will make current coins more valuable.

- Lower mining reward

About the difficulty (from Obfuscode on IRC):
Difficulty
Pulse generally spoken adds another layer of difficulty adjustment besides the well known difficulty-index of the merkle-root.

Network power
Pulse ultimately needs 10kh at it's lowest point (where we are now). We will soon launch a difficulty patch that will give it an upthrust and fix the difficulty at about 10.x or 11.x (something close to what it used to be).

Difficulty Adjustment
If the network regresses and less power is at disposal, the difficulty will be automatically lowered again. The difficulty will lower faster than it will rise. That's why there'.s more pressure downwards. This is to avoid having hard blocks and small miners that can't take it.

Rejects
These are a natural part of mining Quarkbar. The projection is that it will be 25% of what is being actively used, so 75% rejects due to Pulse. This means that the difficulty is lower than it should to fix the spacing.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
minerstorm

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:37:31 AM

like i said..

Sad

PROS AND CONS

We understand this transition phase takes time to get used to, but it is much better for the coin in the long run. I will sum up some of the benefits here:

Old way
+ Higher reward
+ Constant quick block creation

- No more coins to mint in about 2 years
- High amount of empty blocks (98.7% was empty)
- Constant flow of new coins for unneeded blocks

PULSE
+ Quick block creation when needed --> linked to amount of transactions (TX) --> Amount of TX blocks went from 1,3% to 14%!
+ Minted coins will keep coming for about 15-20 years (instead of 2)
+ Future resistant: Does not need much mining power (10kh-500kh is sufficient)
+ Time forge not possible, due to unpredictable block creation
+ Slower influx of new coins will make current coins more valuable.

- Lower mining reward

About the difficulty (from Obfuscode on IRC):
Difficulty
Pulse generally spoken adds another layer of difficulty adjustment besides the well known difficulty-index of the merkle-root.

Network power
Pulse ultimately needs 10kh at it's lowest point (where we are now). We will soon launch a difficulty patch that will give it an upthrust and fix the difficulty at about 10.x or 11.x (something close to what it used to be).

Difficulty Adjustment
If the network regresses and less power is at disposal, the difficulty will be automatically lowered again. The difficulty will lower faster than it will rise. That's why there'.s more pressure downwards. This is to avoid having hard blocks and small miners that can't take it.

Rejects
These are a natural part of mining Quarkbar. The projection is that it will be 25% of what is being actively used, so 75% rejects due to Pulse. This means that the difficulty is lower than it should to fix the spacing.

Net Hashrate
2.52 MH/s  !!!! Miners leave the project !!! I am afraid that no one will be 20 years mine a coin
Obfuscode

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:46:50 AM

Net Hashrate
2.52 MH/s  !!!! Miners leave the project !!! I am afraid that no one will be 20 years mine a coin

p2pool does 7M and suprnova does 3M - I'm no Maths Phd but that makes 10M without solominers for me...
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:55:53 AM

Net Hashrate
2.52 MH/s  !!!! Miners leave the project !!! I am afraid that no one will be 20 years mine a coin

p2pool does 7M and suprnova does 3M - I'm no Maths Phd but that makes 10M without solominers for me...

@Minerstorm: Looking at the stats of Suprnova it seems something is not working well there:

Is it true that the gains are so low? At the p2p it is:

Maybe you should contact the admin there to see if something is wrong. With your mining power you should have much higher returns.

gch

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:07:23 AM

Net Hashrate

With the amount of blocks being rejected by pulse that 7mh/s is more like 500-700 kh/s
I am doing tests now with a simple nomp pool and my 1mh/s gets me like 80 kh/s in accepted shares.
So more than 90% of the hashing power is wasted with rejected blocks from pulse which is normal, but that is extremely inefficient for miners.
Obfuscode

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:21:40 AM

With the amount of blocks being rejected by pulse that 7mh/s is more like 500-700 kh/s
I am doing tests now with a simple nomp pool and my 1mh/s gets me like 80 kh/s in accepted shares.
So more than 90% of the hashing power is wasted with rejected blocks from pulse which is normal, but that is extremely inefficient for miners.

Like stated earlier, we're going to adjust the difficulty upwards and raise blockrewards at the same time to get the rejects lower.

Regarding the discrepancy between p2pool and stratum/nomp:

I suspect that stratum/nomp is too time-intensive to keep up the stronger race-condition that pulse exposes.
Because p2pool acts as a network-node itself it's much closer to pushing blocks into the chain and every nanosec counts here.

Also there are quite a lot of things that can make stratum more effective for miners and pools, from the proper vardiff range to the optimal min-difficulty... any of these could be left by default or set suboptimal and then causes the pool to be overall less effective than it should.

But then, comparing p2pool with stratum/nomp is like comparing tomatoes and pears.. two totally different ways of pooled mining.
Obfuscode

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:19:39 PM

FYI:

Suprnova: http://explorer.cryptocoinrevival.com/address/QRGALA58kxLb6ND3n3DaJpsNwbrVyEPVQy

P2pool: http://explorer.cryptocoinrevival.com/address/Qe91rA2W8fQ3b19cknuVuxVhxgqdbkvL4m
cryptogator

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:37:26 PM

what happens when all coins are mined? will wallets still work. don't they only sync when mining pools are opporational? if that is the case, pulse is very good. correct?
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:34:58 PM

Net Hashrate
2.52 MH/s  !!!! Miners leave the project !!! I am afraid that no one will be 20 years mine a coin

@Minerstorm: Looking at the stats of Suprnova it seems something is not working well there:

Maybe you should contact the admin there to see if something is wrong. With your mining power you should have much higher returns.

I'm solo-mining block after block with my CPU in background. I think it's a good way that cpu-only coins should go. Yes I know, quark-algo is not cpu-only now. But Quarkbars seem to be Smiley

Use your GPUs for good GPU-coins like e.g. Cassubian Detk (qubit). Quark goes back to its splendid origin.

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:38:01 AM

Net Hashrate

I'm solo-mining block after block with my CPU in background. I think it's a good way that cpu-only coins should go. Yes I know, quark-algo is not cpu-only now. But Quarkbars seem to be Smiley

Use your GPUs for good GPU-coins like e.g. Cassubian Detk (qubit). Quark goes back to its splendid origin.

Very good point, sir. Tip of the hat to you! Cheesy

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:43:20 AM

what happens when all coins are mined? will wallets still work. don't they only sync when mining pools are opporational? if that is the case, pulse is very good. correct?

This is a fundamental problem for most coins, even bitcoin. The idea is that the network will run on fees that people pay for transactions (these go to miners). In our case, the necessary hashrate to keep it working is so low that when we run out in for example 15 years, we don't need that much to keep it working.

Taking Moore'e law into account (computer power doubling every 18 months), this would mean computers are 1024 times faster by then. Our minimal hash rates we need by then are comparable to 0.01kh/s (10 hash) to 0.5 khs. A normal laptop can handle 20 times that.

So don't worry. Smiley

minerstorm

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:40:35 AM

Net Hashrate

Please tell me how to start mining solo. You mine on the a wallet or a miner? Example bat file please. Thank you.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 08:59:01 AM

Net Hashrate

Whoops guys, sorry, got the stats fixed now, was set to the wrong algo by mistake !

Next time just drop me a PM, I'll be much quicker

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:01:22 AM

Whoops guys, sorry, got the stats fixed now, was set to the wrong algo by mistake !

Sorry about that, mate. Will do so in the future Smiley

Jonesd (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:10:04 AM

OP update

We updated the main page to make it easier to consume all the info. We also added a PULSE FAQ.Smiley

minerstorm

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:19:07 PM

Net Hashrate

Now the pool is working well? I can come back to it and continue mining? - Time Since Last Block  - 27 hours 55 minutes 22 seconds - Huh?
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: