Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:52:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin - Android Released - Bittrex -  (Read 334542 times)
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:02:48 PM

Hi community,

I officially announce I take over the development of EnergyCoin.
Have send several messages to EnergyCR and now I changed the password of EnergyCoin.pw
Behind the scenes I work on fork the block chain but it takes me some time to find out how that works.
Check all of you are on the right block:

This Friday I have a meeting for application of EnergyCoin and if that works out positive it can give development a boost.
Trading on Bittrex is still possible and I appreciate if people trade and put some extra buy orders.
Most of my ENRG is off the market and stays of he market!

If there is some development I inform you.

Awesome Jan... I am behind ya! With a market cap under $10,000usd my coins also stay off the market!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 10:43:13 PM

Hi community,

Have send several messages to EnergyCR and now I changed the password of EnergyCoin.pw

And it's finally yours Smiley  Good luck Jan, your perseverance led you here, may it take you ahead too.
And the same goes to all those that have been with you - If I'm not mistaken, you are the very last of the original holders of the coin ... and certainly the only one left from the initial team.

Word of advise though: unless you're about to become a programmer with skills to match a crypto endeavor and rescue ENRG, you better get a new dev to pick up and continue the work.

My two cents on ENRG: since you now "own" the name and can make a claim about it, perhaps a complete reboot of the coin would be the best way forward. It would allow for a fresh start on all fronts, including developing the coin with code anew

Whatever way you all go, good luck

(PS - yes, I never stopped reading the thread. But I'm not in to believing anymore ... this coin or any other. So, there's only one that as some real world use, the original BTC. Take care)

crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 09:12:30 AM

Jan, I agree with SlientBit that first of all you need a reliable and outstanding dev to get EnergyCoin back on track. I know the perfect person for that and will ask him if he is willing to help out. Will let you know by PM if he is willing to jump in. It would mean getting the development of ENRG from zero to maximum overdrive :-) A fresh start would be outstanding! Cheers to that.
Thx SlientBit  and Digithusiast for you kind words.
All help is welcome of course and I consider my options to comming days.
A developer I can meet personally I prefer and take my time to make the right choices.
The meeting today would have been moved to April 8 and that is no problem.
I have some good help of community members for doing forking myself but it is a precarious process that must be done very carefully.
I still really belive we can be the green cryptocurrency of the future and I don't give up!

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
Harcon

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:42:43 PM

Hi community,

And it's finally yours Smiley  Good luck Jan, your perseverance led you here, may it take you ahead too.
And the same goes to all those that have been with you - If I'm not mistaken, you are the very last of the original holders of the coin ... and certainly the only one left from the initial team.

Word of advise though: unless you're about to become a programmer with skills to match a crypto endeavor and rescue ENRG, you better get a new dev to pick up and continue the work.

My two cents on ENRG: since you now "own" the name and can make a claim about it, perhaps a complete reboot of the coin would be the best way forward. It would allow for a fresh start on all fronts, including developing the coin with code anew

Whatever way you all go, good luck

(PS - yes, I never stopped reading the thread. But I'm not in to believing anymore ... this coin or any other. So, there's only one that as some real world use, the original BTC. Take care)

I do not agree that Bitcoin will be the only coin of any value in the future. Even in the event of implementation of side chains. In fact that tecnical failure that Energycoin has suffered points to a need for a diverse crypto space that can serve specialized markets.  Though most people in the Bitcoin space like to think that Bitcoin is now beyond certain modes of technical failure that would be hard to correct, most of those thoughts are dead wrong. Every technological thing can break and in times of a broken Bitcoin, other coins would be useful, even if only temporarily.

I think you'll find a use case for using a separate coin for energy and energy conservation, things that Bitcoin was not explicitly deigned to do.

Energy: eKVg45HYAJub6A363RqamsGJC33eeqAgyb
Nubits:  BGizWdeqr3UEcfficsFnwY9DZu2kLBNVVS
Bitcoin: 1KZcY8hLv1F2Rpgo3QYSpYwd3hhXCwZzBN
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2015, 12:53:11 PM

Nice said Haron, there is a place for EergyCoin and also other special curancy like XMR, NXT, Ripple.
Only trust on Bitcoin is danger becouse also bitcoin can maybe crash.

SlientBit

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 04:58:40 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2015, 05:13:20 PM by SlientBit

I do not agree that Bitcoin will be the only coin of any value in the future. Even in the event of implementation of side chains. In fact that tecnical failure that Energycoin has suffered points to a need for a diverse crypto space that can serve specialized markets.  Though most people in the Bitcoin space like to think that Bitcoin is now beyond certain modes of technical failure that would be hard to correct, most of those thoughts are dead wrong. Every technological thing can break and in times of a broken Bitcoin, other coins would be useful, even if only temporarily.

I think you'll find a use case for using a separate coin for energy and energy conservation, things that Bitcoin was not explicitly deigned to do.

You misunderstood me: I said BTC is still the only one with *some* practical, real life use today. That's all.

I know as much about the future as the next guy, i.e., I know *nothing*  Tongue

There's a war against money going on (it has been for some time now) and it looks like coins and bills are going the way of the dodo ... but there's also a war on anything decentralized and non-government controllable, so crypto is in for the same fate, I'm afraid.
I said this more than once in several places: the innovation is the blockchain, not the coins themselves Smiley

So, these technologies will probably be the foundation and core of the future "money" ... but it will be very difficult, without a  major shift or disruption to current affairs, for *any* current cryptocurrency to be useful in that future.

SlientBit

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:11:57 PM

Nice said Haron, there is a place for EergyCoin and also other special curancy like XMR, NXT, Ripple.
Only trust on Bitcoin is danger becouse also bitcoin can maybe crash.

Jan, they're all special, none is any less than the other - you may either trust them all or none at all.

The fact that you're more fond of some than others doesn't give them any added value except for you.

The problem with personal valuations is that unless they converge in big numbers into one set, the valued assets aren't Smiley

If you think it through you can see it: Euros, dollars and all the other legal tender around the world are only worth because we all agree they are ... and as such, we accept them as trading tokens and carry out hour lives using it.
In that sense, *any* cryptocurrency can become useful. Hell, *anything* can become useful as a trading token - just go through history and check everything that has been used as money throughout humanity's journey Smiley

But that won't happen without a good reason for it. Believing it, I'm afraid, is not enough.

I know you try hard to achieve that goal - and that's why I advise you to restart the coin from scratch Smiley this coin is already tarnished with the same as all the others: someone is waiting it to become valuable enough to cash/trade in ... and be done with it. Even holding 25% of the coin won't give you the empowerment to face that - it's human nature.

To conclude, I emphasize my recommendation once again:  start over fresh and anew. I know that you're "enchantment" is with the name Smiley and know you "own" it Wink

Harcon

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:11:47 PM

"If you think it through you can see it: Euros, dollars and all the other legal tender around the world are only worth because we all agree they are ... and as such, we accept them as trading tokens and carry out hour lives using it.
In that sense, *any* cryptocurrency can become useful. Hell, *anything* can become useful as a trading token - just go through history and check everything that has been used as money throughout humanity's journey Smiley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you should see me explain to people that money has no real value and watch their face contort in all kinds of strange ways. There is actually a need for Crypto as currency and that need is being seen by more people now then in the recent past. So, the idea that the blockchain is the only part of Bitcoin ( or any coin ) that has value is hard to foresee. I think both the token aspect and Technological aspect of Crypto will live on into the future.

Also, as much as some people would scratch their heads at this idea, there is a good possibility that the US government ( for various reasons ) was initially the creator of Crytocurrency/Blockchain Tech. Think about it, the US knows it's own currency may be in trouble one day and they decide to create a currency online that they can appear to be distant from ( so as not to cause panic on the Dollar )  something they can grow a user base around without undue worry about the dollar and then, if the worst happens and all has gone well, there is already an established base of users and businesses accepting the currency.

I grant you that the above is my own personal "maybe" and only one possibility out of many, but I do not see the government going to war on Bitcoin or even cash. I see a diversification of something that used to be strictly central and that is giving many people who are established in the old system lots of trouble in understanding.

The take away is really that what we are eventually going to see is something hybrid between central and decentralized monetary systems and in getting there, there will likely be room for even more "Altcoins" then there are right now.   No one can argue though that blockchain tech is not highly innovative and disruptive, because it is both.

SlientBit

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:52:42 PM

No one can argue though that blockchain tech is not highly innovative and disruptive, because it is both.

Smiley  might not be a plain'n'simple believer, but I sure am a supporter Wink No argues on that one Smiley

My point is that the Blockchain will be used for so much more than money - it might be another version/interaction of it, though, because the power lies in the concept, not any particular implementation.
And there are, most certainly, more than a few shortcomings in the current ones, specially towards the methods necessary to keep the chain going and secure, aka, POW/POS and the distributed network needed to keep it all solid.

We - those in and around crypto - might be the frontrunners for now, but that will change for sure.

Everyday now, more and more people realize the advantages of having a trustless open public ledger - and that can be used for any payload, anything we want, as long as it can be represented in a binary form.

Once this concept stops being associated with only cryptocurrencies, then the fun begins Wink

As for the coins themselves, be it BTC or any other coin for that matter, maybe they'll be around, as money, or as a simple means of transactional-based value or something else we don't foresee right now Smiley
But I don't see this particular generation of coins as the ones that will make the push into mainstream, that's all.

But i'll keep pushing anyway, 'cause whatever we may be doing right now, it will be the basis of what's to come, one way or another.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 06:32:37 AM

... the innovation is the blockchain, not the coins themselves Smiley ....

Concerning the blockchain, I feel something great is going to happen with Energycoin in the near future :-)

I'm aware of the great potential of the blockchain and I hope I can convience people outsite the cryptocurrency world to make use of that for deliver proof of green energy and reward smart usage of the greengrid. Wednesday (in two days) I have a very important meeting with a company working for smartgrid/smartmeters and rewarding Energiemunt (yes a Dutch version of EnergyCoin!), not crypto-version but a cridit token like airmails, used for reward smart usage of the greengrid. If we can come to an agreement then that is the start of a great future for EnergyCoin and we have a green snowball effect! The 1Kwh garantee value for ENRG is in reach then and many applications can be build.

richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:53:33 AM

wow,live again

richwang

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:11:50 AM

addnode=212.114.59.109
addnode=162.243.248.229

but still 0 active connections

SaintFrantic

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:37:15 AM

I can believe how naive some people are. You guy believe someone will just come and invest their money because you believe in Energcoin thar won't happen in million years. And can tell you something else might not active anymore but my believe in what the EnergyCoin can achieve is unshakeable just because I don't just buy coins and talk crap alk day everyday. This will upset the so call "believers" but I don't really care. You can relaunch the coin make some code change your are still doom to fail epicly as you are not will to pursuit your own ideas about energycoin and its implentation possibilities.
 So get of your bottoms and do something useful.
I can't keep stop laughing everytime I come and read this thread and the fact you manage to fork the coin. I don't see anything done what so ever by anyone and I mean anyone. So for the last 6 months I have left you to do you have manage nothing.
 Slient is right for one thing and one thing only BTC IS THE ONLY VIABLE INVESTMENT OPTION as investors don't care about your blind believe they seen opportunities where money can be made.
 Start pouring money towards software development and real life implentation.
 If you believe in Jan idea of green tree register why haven't single one of you has not offered to give money towards development of this idea?
 You just wait someone else to do it for you and you just buy the coins.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 09:05:08 AM

addnode=212.114.59.109
addnode=162.243.248.229

That it right and takes some time for forking.
Can't give an estimate time right now but a.s.a.p. but I want to cary this out with care.

@SaintSfantic work now on GreenGrid application not tree application.
A raw preview below:

Harcon

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:17:55 AM

I can believe how naive some people are. You guy believe someone will just come and invest their money because you believe in Energcoin thar won't happen in million years. And can tell you something else might not active anymore but my believe in what the EnergyCoin can achieve is unshakeable just because I don't just buy coins and talk crap alk day everyday. This will upset the so call "believers" but I don't really care. You can relaunch the coin make some code change your are still doom to fail epicly as you are not will to pursuit your own ideas about energycoin and its implentation possibilities.
 So get of your bottoms and do something useful.
I can't keep stop laughing everytime I come and read this thread and the fact you manage to fork the coin. I don't see anything done what so ever by anyone and I mean anyone. So for the last 6 months I have left you to do you have manage nothing.
 Slient is right for one thing and one thing only BTC IS THE ONLY VIABLE INVESTMENT OPTION as investors don't care about your blind believe they seen opportunities where money can be made.
 Start pouring money towards software development and real life implentation.
 If you believe in Jan idea of green tree register why haven't single one of you has not offered to give money towards development of this idea?
 You just wait someone else to do it for you and you just buy the coins.

Well, at least you get a laugh out of energycoin. That means it's not useless. lol.

Now, as to your rant that no one is doing anything.. Don't be so sure. I am developing ideas to use Energycoin for at least 3 different projects related to solar generation. Im not in a hurry to implement my ideas just yet because I think Energycoin has a future and I think it will be around when I want to use it.  I also continue to use my hardware to support the network and that investment will likely grow over time. 

As for the tree registry thing. Well, I don't fully understand it and I do not fully understand if it is meant for just a certain geographic area. I have not asked because I am pretty sure that the idea is not useful in my area ( Canada ) but if it is meant to be global, then, yeah, I can see getting off my butt and doing something with it.

I never support things based on other peoples reasons. Investors would be great, but if they do not see a future in this coin, that dose not effect me in the slightest.

What strikes me about your post is when they said the speed of sound could NEVER be passed. Guess what.. Humanity now goes fasted then the speed of sound at will around the world any time the need arises. It will likely be the same for the speed of light, but who knows.

BTW, I invest in many coins including BTC, so taking time to invest in Energy is no big stretch for me and it's something I believe in. Dose not matter if no one else ever will, it only matters that I will continue to support it.

SaintFrantic

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:58:27 AM

addnode=212.114.59.109
addnode=162.243.248.229

That it right and takes some time for forking.
Can't give an estimate time right now but a.s.a.p. but I want to cary this out with care.

@SaintSfantic work now on GreenGrid application not tree application.
A raw preview below:

You know that was my original idea. Just wonder why it took so long to realize thay that's the way forward. But I haven't give up on that dream yet.
The only thing is we need solid investors not coin buyers.
If you want we can discuss what I have found in my research about that application.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:34:10 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 11:09:37 AM by crypto4jan

Hi SF,

I know it is contains part of your idea and I divided my original dream into a GEO-part and an Energy-part.
For the GEO a had CheckCoin in mind and I have a last resque plan for that coin. In GEOcoin I invested small.
I have now realy intresting business cases for EnergyCoin with several Energy companies in services and deliver area's.

I made the picture more clear now for my meeting tomorro

If this meeting works out positive you can contribute what you know and make profit of that knowlage.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:24:15 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 05:59:08 PM by crypto4jan

Update:

I make steps in forking.
Hope it is ready in a few days.

The meeting was succesfull, I a few weeks we talk again.

keep trading on Bittrex.

thx
@GEO_Jan

Update!
The official last block is still 1051199!

If you are on a larger number you are on the wrong block and maybe have to download the complete blockchain or use the boodstrap.dat I shall provide when forking is ready.

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:42:50 PM

Update:

I make steps in forking.
Hope it is ready in a few days.

The meeting was succesfull, I a few weeks we talk again.

keep trading on Bittrex.

thx
@GEO_Jan

Update!
The official last block is still 1051199!

If you are on a larger number you are on the wrong block and maybe have to download the complete blockchain or use the boodstrap.dat I shall provide when forking is ready.

My wallet is running fine again! Thanks for update

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:48:29 AM

I can't seem to load the explorer, what is the current supply of energy coin? thanks guys

Very nice images to explain your concept.
Pages: « 1 ... 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: