Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:30:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin - Android Released - Bittrex -  (Read 334551 times)
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 07:33:51 AM

Alright guys, having a little problem with the Windows client, it wont let me send large transactions, I keep getting "Transaction creation failed" I can send smaller ones but over time the size I can send without error is shrinking, any idea how I can fix this?

Might have too many small inputs which would cause the size of the transaction your trying to send to possibly be to large for the max block size.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124302.0

Not sure if this is the exact same way to calculate for ENRG but most likely very similar.
If you stake EnergyCoin in a wallet with much coins 1M or more yuo can see with coin controll there are very much small blocks.
When there is an update I like to have the console comando setstakesplitthreshold . The latest wallet from HyperStake introduced this and it prevenst blocks to spli and I think it then also prevents error "Transaction creation failed".  I shall discuss this with the developer.  I had yesterday a long Skype conversation for improvement of the wallet and other topics.

btw there was a nice rally yesterday on Bittrex!

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:39:50 AM

Alright guys, having a little problem with the Windows client, it wont let me send large transactions, I keep getting "Transaction creation failed" I can send smaller ones but over time the size I can send without error is shrinking, any idea how I can fix this?

Might have too many small inputs which would cause the size of the transaction your trying to send to possibly be to large for the max block size.

Not sure if this is the exact same way to calculate for ENRG but most likely very similar.
If you stake EnergyCoin in a wallet with much coins 1M or more yuo can see with coin controll there are very much small blocks.
When there is an update I like to have the console comando setstakesplitthreshold . The latest wallet from HyperStake introduced this and it prevenst blocks to spli and I think it then also prevents error "Transaction creation failed".  I shall discuss this with the developer.  I had yesterday a long Skype conversation for improvement of the wallet and other topics.

Thanks for the update!

It sure was I hope we see another one!

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:56:11 AM

When there is an update I like to have the console comando setstakesplitthreshold . The latest wallet from HyperStake introduced this and it prevenst blocks to spli and I think it then also prevents error "Transaction creation failed".  I shall discuss this with the developer.  I had yesterday a long Skype conversation for improvement of the wallet and other topics.

Thanks for the update!

It sure was I hope we see another one!

I think another cool feature, and one that would be unique, would be something along the lines of automatic merging of inputs without affecting the staking ability. To illustrate the idea:

1) I send my wallet 100 ENRG
2) It stakes and is now 50/50
3) As soon as the stake above is confirmed, the wallet will automatically merge them into a new input for the wallet, such that I now have the 50+50+stake=1 input again

This would cut down on the constant splitting without the user having to do anything, and would minimize the effects on the staking ability (if we manually craft new transactions with coin control, we're losing a lot of coin days).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 09:00:32 AM

I think another cool feature, and one that would be unique, would be something along the lines of automatic merging of inputs without affecting the staking ability. To illustrate the idea:

3) As soon as the stake above is confirmed, the wallet will automatically merge them into a new input for the wallet, such that I now have the 50+50+stake=1 input again

This would cut down on the constant splitting without the user having to do anything, and would minimize the effects on the staking ability (if we manually craft new transactions with coin control, we're losing a lot of coin days).

The console comando setstakesplitthreshold does what you want.
Maybe good to build in a standard thressholt that can be altered if needed.
By HyperStake I saw blocked splitting after stake and there it is important to choice the right size. HYP is mature in 9 days and gets weight and with more weight more chance to stake the maximum stake of 1000 HYP in 30 days. The optimum block size is for HYP is 1600 and then it hits the max 1000 reward in 30 days but with inflation controll you have to make the blockes now biger to get more weight. The stake for Hyperstake is a kind of lottery and the more weight you have the more chance on the stake.

Ok for EnergyCoin we not have to tweak for staking but preventing of splitting blockes into to much small blockes.
For big wallets it would be great to be able ajust setstakesplitthreshold and for small wallets 100 ENRG as standard merge value is suitable.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 09:06:50 AM

By HyperStake I saw blocked splitting after stake and there it is important to choice the right size. HYP is mature in 9 days and gets weight and with more weight more chance to stake the maximum stake of 1000 HYP in 30 days. The optimum block size is for HYP is 1600 and then it hits the max 1000 reward in 30 days but with inflation controll you have to make the blockes now biger to get more weight. The stake for Hyperstake is a kind of lottery and the more weight you have the more chance on the stake.

Ok for EnergyCoin we not have to tweak for staking but preventing of splitting blockes into to much small blockes.
For big wallets it would be great to be able ajust setstakesplitthreshold and for small wallets 100 ENRG as standard merge value is suitable.

Having a hardcoded value would be good. And then add in the ability to change it in the GUI (such as how you can change your fees per kb without using commands, just using the GUI options).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 09:15:13 AM

Having a hardcoded value would be good. And then add in the ability to change it in the GUI (such as how you can change your fees per kb without using commands, just using the GUI options).
Ok for the new wallet we put this on the list.
Thank you for discuss this here to make it more clear for EnergyCR to coded this later.

platinumjsi

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:27:28 PM

Ok yea I have half a mill coins and its staking multiple times a min its crazy.

And yea hope to have made a few more coins from yesterday Smiley
GQM

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:24:36 PM

Hi ranlo,

Are you looking for hosting space for your miners?

I'm not a miner, but he was saying that he'll have to see if he can afford it. I am an investor, Smiley.

What Avenue of mining are you looking to invest into? If you'd like to discuss further contact me through PM and we can chat over Skype or phone.

Thanks,
Ryan Scott

P.S. here is an interview I did recently

Decentral Talk Live. Ep#22: Ryan Scott of Knights…: http://youtu.be/bOqPzDfamIo

I wouldn't invest in mining itself, as it's a losing game. There are far too many variables there, and it's a high-risk low-reward proposition (which is why so many companies turn to cloud mining). I'd be looking more towards investing in the data center itself.

Just figured I'd toss it out there since you were looking into whether or not the location could be afforded. If not, knowing how much you're short (or otherwise would need) would go a long way towards running numbers and evaluating things.

Thank you for your interest we are already funded, we were looking at the cost effectiveness of the DC not whether we could afford it.

Keep in mind the reason most peopke buy into cloud mining is the cheaper hosting costs. We are going to be offering those cheaper hosting options to regular miners so they can choose between owning the equipment themselves or buying into our cloud mining services.
GQM

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:27:30 PM

My experience is mostly with POW coins. The POS issue does make sense with regards to inputs.

Learned something new today Smiley
crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:37:36 PM

My experience is mostly with POW coins. The POS issue does make sense with regards to inputs.

Hi Ryan you mean BLOCK inputs?

Here the unmature blockes of my fresch EnergyCoin Foundation wallet:

And here the splited blockes after the first stake:

I hope we can coded it that blockes automatic merge after stake if they are below a thresshold.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:43:10 PM

Hi ranlo,

I'm not a miner, but he was saying that he'll have to see if he can afford it. I am an investor, Smiley.

What Avenue of mining are you looking to invest into? If you'd like to discuss further contact me through PM and we can chat over Skype or phone.

Thanks,
Ryan Scott

I wouldn't invest in mining itself, as it's a losing game. There are far too many variables there, and it's a high-risk low-reward proposition (which is why so many companies turn to cloud mining). I'd be looking more towards investing in the data center itself.

Just figured I'd toss it out there since you were looking into whether or not the location could be afforded. If not, knowing how much you're short (or otherwise would need) would go a long way towards running numbers and evaluating things.

Thank you for your interest we are already funded, we were looking at the cost effectiveness of the DC not whether we could afford it.

Keep in mind the reason most peopke buy into cloud mining is the cheaper hosting costs. We are going to be offering those cheaper hosting options to regular miners so they can choose between owning the equipment themselves or buying into our cloud mining services.

Got ya. I was going based on this quote:

"I'm in Manitoba right now looking at that new 2.5 MW facility and see[ing] if we can afford it."

In any case, good luck with everything! Smiley. Anything that helps with ENRG is awesome.

GQM

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:44:43 PM

Hi Ryan you mean BLOCK inputs?

Here the unmature blockes of my fresch EnergyCoin Foundation wallet:
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/kawa900jc/Crypo/ECF_Wallet_zpsa468e084.png

And here the splited blockes after the first stake:
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/kawa900jc/Crypo/ECF_Wallet_After_stake_zps81465ac5.png

I hope we can coded it that blockes automatic merge after stake if they are below a thresshold.

Yes that should help. Need to make things easy for those less tech savy so little errors don't pop up like that. Will help grow adoption by not scary people off when little things like this arises.

I remember the first wallet version I ran of EnergyCoin. There have been some major improvements since then for speed and efficiency.

There is a great team behind this, that is dedicated and I'm excited to see where this coin goes Smiley
GQM

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2015, 05:53:40 PM

Hi ranlo,

Thanks,
Ryan Scott

Got ya. I was going based on this quote:

"I'm in Manitoba right now looking at that new 2.5 MW facility and see[ing] if we can afford it."

In any case, good luck with everything! Smiley. Anything that helps with ENRG is awesome.

I understand your confusion as the quote above was out of context.

I do appreciate the support and I really like what ENRG is trying to do.

energycr (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 12:11:50 PM

Hi,

since the energy app data is now 500MB. it gets a bit hard to sync blocks. I created a bootstrap.dat file to download it quickly. then it would only take  a few hours to sync. This is only working on latest wallet.

Download the torrent file from here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!V0BAALiK!I0YCr19HhmOr5COH-_T6_J8gcQfAusRiUO10f1_jLVI

Download the energycoin wallet. I assume you're on windows.

Right click on exe > create shortcut.
Right click shortcut > click properties > shortcut > in target field add >  -loadblock=\path\to\bootstrap.dat -dbcache=1000

so that will look like:
C:\path\to\energycoin-qt.exe -loadblock=\path\to\bootstrap.dat -dbcache=1000

Now, run that shortcut, until the blocks are fully loaded. Thats it. it will save the hassle of running wallet day and night for initial sync.
kawa900jc

Activity: 722

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 06:34:53 PM

Hi,

since the energy app data is now 500MB. it gets a bit hard to sync blocks. I created a bootstrap.dat file to download it quickly. then it would only take  a few hours to sync. This is only working on latest wallet.

Right click shortcut > click properties > shortcut > in target field add >  -loadblock=\path\to\bootstrap.dat -dbcache=1000

so that will look like:

Now, run that shortcut, until the blocks are fully loaded. Thats it. it will save the hassle of running wallet day and night for initial sync.
Great Work EnergyCR, people appreciatie this!

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:26:05 AM

Yikes whats with all the dumps!

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 01:39:41 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 02:05:19 PM by crypto4jan

Hi,

so that will look like:

Great Work EnergyCR, people appreciatie this!
Thank you I use it on in a command window:
I put the Bootstrap.dat in the startup folder of EnergyCoin-QT:

Run the progrom by typing:
energycoin-qt.exe -loadblock=bootstrap.dat -dbcache=1000

Hi Lovethecoins, this was to be expected.
I think dumpers of today were the followers of yesterday (or 2 month ago) and have not patience.
Or this are the last stolen coins from sharexchange and then we can go to the moon.
I have many meetings comming period that I think the dumpers regret soon.

You need 8.708 BTC (€ 1600) to buy 14.45M ENRG (13% cap) and then you have an avarage price of 60 Satoshi!
A bargain!

NOjust

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:03:44 PM

there are lots of POS coins that you can learn.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 10:30:49 AM

UP
Nice trading vulume @Bittrex this week!
The price is cheap but we are now very low.
No reason to dump, I had some great meeting about application of EnergyCoin in the green EnergySector so I keep my 20% and accumulate where I see posibilities.
We also send a proposal the municipality of Arnhem so many things are going on and no reason to dump your coins but if you want keep dumping I catch them @ low levels.

liie888coins

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Part-time Altcoin Developer

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 01:19:25 PM

Hi,

so that will look like:

Thanks for doing this.

Will try to download it so that I can upgrade the wallet to the latest version but don't need to take long for sync.
Pages: « 1 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: