Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:58:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin - Android Released - Bittrex -  (Read 334544 times)
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:54:00 AM

Please elaborate why you are collecting emailaddresses with the EnergyCoin Android wallet? Thanks.

Why! Anywhere you register you need some identification. That's why.

Many other Android wallets do not require email registration at all like i.e. the Guldencoin wallet.
I donated 0.5 BTC and 2.5 million EnergyCoin to the EnergyCoin team. I am just asking a legit question.
Your answer is a bit disappointing the least.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaintFrantic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:16:17 AM

Please elaborate why you are collecting emailaddresses with the EnergyCoin Android wallet? Thanks.

Many other Android wallets do not require email registration at all like i.e. the Guldencoin wallet.
I donated 0.5 BTC and 2.5 million EnergyCoin to the EnergyCoin team. I am just asking a legit question.
Every single legitimate institution will ask you for at least email If not for your name and address as well. And yes your question was legit but kind of silly. I don't think we should allow money laundering and scums. For that reason with next version everyone using the wallet needa to supply further infomation. As all is for yours and our protection.
  No sees me complaining about the software or what has been done, or much I have donated. We all need to step up and actually make a difference If we strongly believe in something. Profits and success will follow shortly after. If anyone fell that has beem let down, please ask Jan and me and you will have your investments returned.
  Digithusiast, I appreciate your support so far as you are the only person that made through financial contribution from the original first few of us that still pushing this project. Thank you for that.

Regards
Ivan

kawa900jc

Activity: 721
Merit: 500

StakeChain Community leader

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:31:05 AM

For the registration I think it is a choice made by de developer.
In future release you can also trade you ENRG for BTC and then the application has to know who you are.
Also it makes the application thiner wher the block chain is not on your phone.
I hope this is an answer on concerns why the email adress is needed.

SaintFrantic

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:45:49 AM

In future release you can also trade you ENRG for BTC and then the application has to know who you are.

It's not even choice. We need to be transperant and avoid scams of any sort. Security will be priority.

biggus dickus

Activity: 310

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:14:39 AM

Every single legitimate institution will ask you for at least email If not for your name and address as well. And yes your question was legit but kind of silly. I don't think we should allow money laundering and scums. For that reason with next version everyone using the wallet needa to supply further infomation. As all is for yours and our protection.
  No sees me complaining about the software or what has been done, or much I have donated. We all need to step up and actually make a difference If we strongly believe in something. Profits and success will follow shortly after. If anyone fell that has beem let down, please ask Jan and me and you will have your investments returned.
  Digithusiast, I appreciate your support so far as you are the only person that made through financial contribution from the original first few of us that still pushing this project. Thank you for that.

Regards
Ivan

Specifically what extra information will be required? Will you be requiring names and addresses?
SaintFrantic

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:40:30 AM

Regards
Ivan

Specifically what extra information will be required? Will you be requiring names and addresses?
Names and address will be required to do trading. If you don't want to trade you don't have to give any information. We have seen way to many scams, people taking money when flaw in the software occurs. We are going apply numerous protections to make those things less likely.

liie888coins

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Part-time Altcoin Developer

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:32:52 PM

Regards
Ivan

Names and address will be required to do trading. If you don't want to trade you don't have to give any information. We have seen way to many scams, people taking money when flaw in the software occurs. We are going apply numerous protections to make those things less likely.

I understand we need some level of security protections but please be a bit more reasonable.

For crypto trading, no crypto exchange really requires names or addresses to register. Most of them require only emails for registration. Only when you need to trade for fiat you may need to supply more information.

Will ENRG Android wallet allow direct trading with fiat? If the answer is no, I'm afraid email registration should be enough.
SaintFrantic

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:00:42 PM

Regards
Ivan

I understand we need some level of security protections but please be a bit more reasonable.

For crypto trading, no crypto exchange really requires names or addresses to register. Most of them require only emails for registration. Only when you need to trade for fiat you may need to supply more information.

Will ENRG Android wallet allow direct trading with fiat? If the answer is no, I'm afraid email registration should be enough.

We can debate over and ovet again that won't chamge the fact we will do it. Once people get burned several times they themselves will be the advocates for that information to be collected.  If we want the rest of the world to accept us as serious about this being currency we need to do it as every serious business out there does it.

I personally don't have anything to hide. Do you?

kawa900jc

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:15:18 PM

We are using the API of BITTREX. Some information is needed and you can trade if you give the information for trading.
If not then it is a "normal Android wallet" like almost each other coin has.
I think it is good if people can choice if the want to trade with the Android wallet, if not then no probleme, don't fill in the extra information.
The disign of the wallet is that you have to sign in for "offline POS". If you don't like that than don't use the wallet.
@Bittrex you can't trade fait into ENRG so the extra information is limited I think. No worries needed I think.

Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:20:55 PM

Regards
Ivan

We can debate over and ovet again that won't chamge the fact we will do it. Once people get burned several times they themselves will be the advocates for that information to be collected.  If we want the rest of the world to accept us as serious about this being currency we need to do it as every serious business out there does it.

Collecting personal data from your community/users will not help in stopping any potential abuse.
Thus collecting emailaddresses does not increase security at all. Therefor, if you say collecting emailadresses is being done for security reasons, I have my doubts that being the reason.
Maybe you are collecting emailaddresses/data to build up an userbase that will increase EnergyCoin value in example in relation to crypto4jan's project?
If so, just say so, so we can understand.

Without us knowing the real "why?", the only sure thing is that our emailaddresses are collected by you and the (external) coders of the wallet.
In fact that decreases the community/users identities security.
And please don't bully your community with hollow phrases like "I personally don't have anything to hide. Do you?".
Thank you.

Harcon

Activity: 132

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:12:55 PM

Regards
Ivan

We can debate over and ovet again that won't chamge the fact we will do it. Once people get burned several times they themselves will be the advocates for that information to be collected.  If we want the rest of the world to accept us as serious about this being currency we need to do it as every serious business out there does it.

Can I have your private keys to your Energy wallet? I mean, you seem to have nothing to hide, so that should not be a problem..

My dark humor aside, EVERYONE has something to hide it matters not who you are. You do not go around giving bank details to strangers. Most people do not toss around their medical history with people they do not know. The vast majority of people I know would have a real problem if I let myself into their house and went tripping through their underwear and other personal effects.

Right now, if people have not learned to ask questions for their own security, then they really need not be on the internet. Don't get me wrong, I generally think the info requirements for the wallet are reasonable but you used a poor choice of words to go after someone that is essentially just asking for clarification on why certain info is needed.

Energy: eKVg45HYAJub6A363RqamsGJC33eeqAgyb
Nubits:  BGizWdeqr3UEcfficsFnwY9DZu2kLBNVVS
Bitcoin: 1KZcY8hLv1F2Rpgo3QYSpYwd3hhXCwZzBN
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:58:52 PM

The Wallet is online ? Hosted on a server somewhere that stake and everything ?

Or the keys are on Android device ?

Because it looks like the Android Wallet is just a client to an online Wallet.

This is an important Question for me, I won't host my coins on an online wallet where I'm not the only owner of keys, and security is a big deal for an online wallet.

It's possible to have lighweight clients that don't download the blockchain but connect to servers to verify blockchain (like electrum for Bitcoin)

I won't put my coins on a online storage, I prefer a local wallet that don't stake, don't allow me to trade, and don't ask me an email address.

In crypto world, if you don't hold the keys, you don't hold the coins.

And if it's like it seem, an online wallet, be sure that it's not hacked, or this project will undermine ENRG value, as a large stock of coins stolen on a POS cryptocurrencie often means it's death.
I agree with you concerns.
I hope that a solution is there for.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
kawa900jc

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

Hi dear EnergyCoin community,

Maybe we need a multipool.
I saw it by serveral other POS coins the last week and it is very easy to set-up.
Some examples:
http://thepool.pw/BALLS/
http://thepool.pw/HYP/
http://gaiaplatform.com/multipool/

They look all the same and setup for EnergyCoin is about 1 BTC.
There is 0.1 BTC left in the Community wallet.
So if there is 0.9 BTC total donation we can have our own multipool.

What do you think about this?
The HydroMining Shares EnergyGZH gives not so much buy presure as we wish now becouse the low BTC price.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 07:27:27 AM

Up
Why are there no posts.
It is a great plan I have but I need some extra time because there is no external investor involved anymore.
@AlterraWUR there work 700 people and @WUR 5000! So we start with the project somewhere in 2015. By then you are to late to get cheap coins!
We have a database with all the trees in the Netherlands and it is then the largest GEO-location contest ever seen!
I talk with a lot of people and this can be a very BIG project. Only we start small in one favorite municipality with a lot of trees.
So keep you EnergyCoin and maybe I buy extra.

crypto4jan
Legendary

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 08:01:33 AM

It's not even choice. We need to be transperant and avoid scams of any sort. Security will be priority.
Check this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678849.msg9471260#msg9471260
The web wallet, that is maybe te solution.

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:17:23 AM

The fact that you want personal information from me is enough to warrant my not using your services. If I wanted to hand over my personal details and let someone else control my finances I'd just go down to the bank!

There is 0 reason whatsoever that you would need my name and address because if I had nefarious intentions you certainly wouldn't get my real details anyway. You are only punishing legitmate users of your coin while anyone giving you there details is taking a HUGE RISK. I'm almost positive you will at some point sell user data to a 3rd party and thats just not on.

Do you plan on open sourcing your android wallet for peer review?
kawa900jc

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

The fact that you want personal information from me is enough to warrant my not using your services. If I wanted to hand over my personal details and let someone else control my finances I'd just go down to the bank!

There is 0 reason whatsoever that you would need my name and address because if I had nefarious intentions you certainly wouldn't get my real details anyway. You are only punishing legitmate users of your coin while anyone giving you there details is taking a HUGE RISK. I'm almost positive you will at some point sell user data to a 3rd party and thats just not on.

Do you plan on open sourcing your android wallet for peer review?

I agree with the privicy.
I know we can solve this so no email is needed.

kawa900jc

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:50:22 PM

It is disapointed that some people don't have patient and dump their coins.
It doesn't change the plans I have and I believe I can create value with EnergyCoin in 2015.
I look at other coins sure but my first coin is EnergyCoin the Green CryptoCrrency of the future!
I do not buy now! If you want dump I have a buywall @ one Satoshi!

liie888coins

Activity: 217

Part-time Altcoin Developer

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:54:42 AM

Regards
Ivan

Again, please just be reasonable.

You don't need to provide anything more than an email address to register on Bittrex for ENRG/BTC trading, do you?

There are already some norms in crypto trading world about personal data collection. Anything more than that is deemed excessive. Why do you think people will still trade ENRG/BTC on Android wallet if they can easily open an account on Bittrex or other crypto exchanges with an email address only?

If you do want the rest of the world to accept ENRG as serious as an currency, you can consider adding direct trading with fiat. Then you may collect extra personal data (other than email addresses) as people need to withdraw/deposit fiat directly.
cherry11800

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:33:28 AM

It is disapointed that some people don't have patient and dump their coins.
It doesn't change the plans I have and I believe I can create value with EnergyCoin in 2015.
I look at other coins sure but my first coin is EnergyCoin the Green CryptoCrrency of the future!
I do not buy now! If you want dump I have a buywall @ one Satoshi!

I think for your project and investors, it's best if energycoin is low  Wink
I continued to have confidence with energycoin
Pages: « 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 »
  Print  

Jump to: