Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:45:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
koop4u (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

I think Koop's approach is diplomatic and fair. Most of the detected socks will simply accept their fate especially if they are blatant socks and the evidence is against them. If there are exceptions where a user can show they are not a sock, they just have to present their case and the community can decide.

What else can we do that is both fair and protects the integrity of Node? This is the best approach to take.

I'm very much for eliminating socks but the problem here is that sometimes there is no real evidence.

"experimental calculation", "the secret method".

That for me doesn't count as real evidence unless it's abundantly clear how it was generated.

Some socks are obvious, others aren't. How is anyone to argue against a secret method ?

It is secret! The thing is that we know! And can proof it! But we won't go out loud on the forum! Cause it contains sensitive information! Thus why we will push the committee build up! We will show the proof only to them and they will convey the final word! If only that will be necessary!

At the moment there is no arguing necessary, especially for those that are in the safe zone!

The thing is that the more we are arguing on this behalf the more time we loose! Time that could be spend for more important issues!

If someone has anything to hide, they will make everything possible that it remains hidden!

But what i desire, is that those that have puppets, to pm us and confess! I don't want as much as you, to argue in vain and try to point out the obvious!

We know the reason why you made a puppet! And if you believe that we won't find you, or you have a chance to slip trough, you are being naive!

I will put all my trust in the community, and i hope that there are people that share my thinking!

yufu571

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:19:53 PM

Your behaviors totally betray the key spirit of Cryptocurrency: openness! Shame on you, and again, your rude words!

I think Koop's approach is diplomatic and fair. Most of the detected socks will simply accept their fate especially if they are blatant socks and the evidence is against them. If there are exceptions where a user can show they are not a sock, they just have to present their case and the community can decide.

What else can we do that is both fair and protects the integrity of Node? This is the best approach to take.

I'm very much for eliminating socks but the problem here is that sometimes there is no real evidence.

That for me doesn't count as real evidence unless it's abundantly clear how it was generated.

Some socks are obvious, others aren't. How is anyone to argue against a secret method ?

It is secret! The thing is that we know! And can proof it! But we won't go out loud on the forum! Cause it contains sensitive information! Thus why we will push the committee build up! We will show the proof only to them and they will convey the final word! If only that will be necessary!

At the moment there is no arguing necessary, especially for those that are in the safe zone!

The thing is that the more we are arguing on this behalf the more time we loose! Time that could be spend for more important issues!

If someone has anything to hide, they will make everything possible that it remains hidden!

But what i desire, is that those that have puppets, to pm us and confess! I don't want as much as you, to argue in vain and try to point out the obvious!

We know the reason why you made a puppet! And if you believe that we won't find you, or you have a chance to slip trough, you are being naive!

I will put all my trust in the community, and i hope that there are people that share my thinking!

koop4u (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:24:11 PM

Hey,

could someone explain to me, why #ARGpentem & #yufu571, flooding the thread with unrelated hostile posts??

I an't deleting them only to show the negative impact over our community!

koop4u (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:26:44 PM

Your behaviors totally betray the key spirit of Cryptocurrency: openness! Shame on you, and again, your rude words!

Dude i see that you have a grudge against me! Mind explaining why???

ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

Hey,

could someone explain to me, why #ARGpentem & #yufu571, flooding the thread with unrelated hostile posts??

These are relevant posts. Feel free to delete if you want, I check all potential coin because I am a high-roller investor looking for the next big thing.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
koop4u (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:34:50 PM

Hey,

These are relevant posts. Feel free to delete if you want, I check all potential coin because I am a high-roller investor looking for the next big thing.

Thank you for checking us out!  We appreciate the fact that a high-roller investor tuck the time to see the NEXT BIG THING!

a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:37:01 PM

Hey,

i seems some socks are angry about losing their free money

so argue here , spam and spam . i also want to make contribution for this coin and become a menber

if translate this thread can help and be a menber , please reply me

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Deviant1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:06:13 PM

Hey,

so argue here , spam and spam . i also want to make contribution for this coin and become a menber

+1000! That is all this is, socks angry they got found out! If a sock believes the Node team is in error, they can appeal and the evidence be weighed.

I support the Node team, this is going to be the next big crypto! Keep going with the development and don't let trolls and angry socks get you down Smiley
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:12:24 PM

@ everyone!

We are in process of identifying Puppets and Puppet Masters!

Some of you were already identified and others soon will be!

We stated that our method of identification is 98% accurate leaving for an error margin of 2%! To cover for those 2% we are building a committee of Honest Node Members that will act as judges and will make the final decision upon certain situations: For instance the "rockhill" situation. (with no offense)

The highlighted members are those that are considered puppets with 98% accuracy! If you by chance got into those 2%! Don't panic, and don't be offended! Our goal is to clear the coin of potential usurpers that will eventually drag the coin down, if not eliminated!

But there is also the thing with relatives/friends/family! This kinda situations will be handled by the committee! If for example you have one puppet, the committee will decide if you will be useful for the community, a if that extra stake will harm the coin! But if it was identified that you are associated with 3-5-7 puppets, the answer might be not to your favor. It will be totally up to the committee members!

So far asked dzarmush, hypersire, MsCollec!

If you guys have any other proposals who will be a good judge, or if someone is willing don't hesitate to post it in the thread!

How this will work out your asking:

The devs will act as the offenders
The Committee as judges
And you as the defensive side!

The process:

A thread for complains will be created: where you will be able to point out your complain!

1) The devs will provide proof to the committee, that the accused is guilty!
2) The member will have the right to defend himself, and to bring proof that he is not guilty!
3) The committee will decide trough open vote, if the accused is guilty!

Just like in a real trial!

If you ask why is the committee even necessary! Because they will review sensitive information provided by the dev team, which doesn't belong on the public!

Also there is another way to deal with the matter peacefully! Pm us and we will get by this situation without making a fuss!

We don't have a black list, and you will loose only the puppets, your main account will be kept! And we will have no grudges agains you!

Thank you! Will get back when the committee will be assembled!

Correct me if im wrong but surely this should have been done BEFORE removing puppets?
you know the age old saying, "innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers."  

in the situation of hill and rockhill i hope the similarity's in the name are not your only so called proof as i see plenty of users on this forum with similar names so does that mean that they are puppets too?

or could it just be that certain people like to have an alias which may or may not resemble other peoples.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:15:00 PM

Hey,

+1000! That is all this is, socks angry they got found out! If a sock believes the Node team is in error, they can appeal and the evidence be weighed.

I support the Node team, this is going to be the next big crypto! Keep going with the development and don't let trolls and angry socks get you down Smiley

Did I invest in in Node ? you are dreaming. I am not the suckers who sent btc for some IPO coins. All I want to know is if the team can keep a promise.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:15:56 PM

@ everyone!

We stated that our method of identification is 98% accurate leaving for an error margin of 2%! To cover for those 2% we are building a committee of Honest Node Members that will act as judges and will make the final decision upon certain situations: For instance the "rockhill" situation. (with no offense)

The highlighted members are those that are considered puppets with 98% accuracy! If you by chance got into those 2%! Don't panic, and don't be offended! Our goal is to clear the coin of potential usurpers that will eventually drag the coin down, if not eliminated!

But there is also the thing with relatives/friends/family! This kinda situations will be handled by the committee! If for example you have one puppet, the committee will decide if you will be useful for the community, a if that extra stake will harm the coin! But if it was identified that you are associated with 3-5-7 puppets, the answer might be not to your favor. It will be totally up to the committee members!

If you guys have any other proposals who will be a good judge, or if someone is willing don't hesitate to post it in the thread!

The Committee as judges

The process:

A thread for complains will be created: where you will be able to point out your complain!

2) The member will have the right to defend himself, and to bring proof that he is not guilty!

If you ask why is the committee even necessary! Because they will review sensitive information provided by the dev team, which doesn't belong on the public!

Also there is another way to deal with the matter peacefully! Pm us and we will get by this situation without making a fuss!

We don't have a black list, and you will loose only the puppets, your main account will be kept! And we will have no grudges agains you!

Correct me if im wrong but surely this should have been done BEFORE removing puppets?
you know the age old saying, "innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers."  

in the situation of hill and rockhill i hope the similarity's in the name are not your only so called proof as i see plenty of users on this forum with similar names so does that mean that they are puppets too?

or could it just be that certain people like to have an alias which may or may not resemble other peoples.

i agree that name similarity alone is not enough evidence to convict a sock. it is a red flag though which should warrant a further investigation
rockhill

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:17:31 PM

@ koop4u, rockhill, beida, watlz and ney.

Hi, I am hill. Rockhill reminded me that koop4u judged us and other three guys as puppet accounts. I want to state that I am not "rockhill, not "beida", not "waltz",and not "ney"(I just defend for myself but not for others).  

Thanks for hill's clarifications. Waiting beida, ney and waltz to clarify.

As a bystander, the NODE team is short of profession and making a self-traping!
Anyway, you should respect your investors, otherwise no one trust you!
+10000
mellorbo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:20:18 PM

@ everyone!

The Committee as judges

The process:

i agree that name similarity alone is not enough evidence to convict a sock. it is a red flag though which should warrant a further investigation
agreed i believe further investigation is warranted but its not the be all end all
rockhill

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:05:39 PM

In fact, they additionlly assumed that rockhill, ney,beida, and waltz are the same puppet. Obviously, the beida guy is a Janpanese or Chinese.
声明也没用!
还是把胖子抓来揍一顿吧!
黑心平台不靠谱!

Here are the information of thoes 5 accounts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=180356
Name:   ney
Activity:   8
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   December 05, 2013, 05:53:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=166456
Name:   hill
Activity:   208
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   November 22, 2013, 08:02:42 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=170669
Name:   waltz
Activity:   21
Date Registered:   November 27, 2013, 02:52:06 AM
Last Active:   Today at 01:47:04 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=237907
Name:   rockhill
Activity:   14
Date Registered:   February 04, 2014, 01:11:02 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=250755
Name:   beida
Activity:   17
Date Registered:   February 15, 2014, 02:58:15 PM

MOST important, they invested NXTL with BTC and NXT respectively.

koop4u (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

In fact, they additionlly assumed that rockhill, ney,beida, and waltz are the same puppet. Obviously, the beida guy is a Janpanese or Chinese.
声明也没用!
还是把胖子抓来揍一顿吧!
黑心平台不靠谱!

@Rockhill knock it off! If you claim that you have nothing to do with the other accounts, wait for the Node Puppet Removal Committee to assemble and to make a decision!

Stop trying to defend yourself, it only makes you more suspicious!

myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:20:59 PM

please, don't be oversuspicious on newbies Smiley

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:22:37 PM

let's keep something in mind.. All members had to login to a central server to get their public key. they could have easily tracked ips, associated them to public key generation, and looked for single ips associated to multiple public keys on the member list.

having watched the nem sock puppet hunt, they may well have had the foresight to anticipate such a need.

Devs may be smarter than you think.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
rockhill

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:24:32 PM

声明也没用!
还是把胖子抓来揍一顿吧!
黑心平台不靠谱!

@Rockhill knock it off! If you claim that you have nothing to do with the other accounts, wait for the Node Puppet Removal Committee to assemble and to make a decision!

Then refund me! 100 NXT to NXT-TPA3-WN5X-DTKX-7U82K!
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:29:34 PM

声明也没用!
还是把胖子抓来揍一顿吧!
黑心平台不靠谱!

Then refund me! 100 NXT to NXT-TPA3-WN5X-DTKX-7U82K!

You've only spent 6 hours online over the past 5 months, yet you're damn quick to notice the puppet listing.. faster than me in getting into that Google doc and confirming your account. that implies that you're much more active than your account would indicate.. How curious..

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

let's keep something in mind.. All members had to login to a central server to get their public key. they could have easily tracked ips, associated them to public key generation, and looked for single ips associated to multiple public keys on the member list.

having watched the nem sock puppet hunt, they may well have had the foresight to anticipate such a need.

Devs may be smarter than you think.

Yep, most likely. There is really no other way they can be this confident about some of the puppets.
Live and learn, next time puppet masters will remember to use VPN.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: