Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135268 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 04:33:49 PM

I like Dedicated Pools but think the way their PPLNS payouts is configured disadvantages small miners with less hash. The way it's setup when mining on their pool you only get paid a share of the block if you submit shares towards the block found. Since their vardiff will keep you from submitting shares too quickly, if their pool hash is very high you wind up only getting credit for the blocks found at a higher hight and not the easy blocks found by large hash miners. Other PPLNS pools give you a payout for all blocks found by the pool, even when no shares were submitted.

We are using prop so I'm not sure what you're talking about ? Smiley

Also, we have set vardiff to 128 so smaller miners can get shares submitted before the next block as well.

So I'm not sure what you're on about here.

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:45:48 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 05:30:50 PM by Vann

I like Dedicated Pools but think the way their PPLNS payouts is configured disadvantages small miners with less hash. The way it's setup when mining on their pool you only get paid a share of the block if you submit shares towards the block found. Since their vardiff will keep you from submitting shares too quickly, if their pool hash is very high you wind up only getting credit for the blocks found at a higher hight and not the easy blocks found by large hash miners. Other PPLNS pools give you a payout for all blocks found by the pool, even when no shares were submitted.

We are using prop so I'm not sure what you're talking about ? Smiley

I will leave this here though.

I was mining on your pool at launch and saw you posted a notice about limiting the vardiff to 128 in order to allow shares to be submitted more quickly before the next round. The problem is my miner can still go 1.5 minutes+ before submitting shares and with the very high pool hash, I don't get credit for many of the easy blocks found at a lower height. Most of your pools have PPLNS payouts and I have noticed the same issue I mentioned on those pools as well. When I registered for the UNV pool I could of sworn it was PPLNS payouts too.
lq2157282

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:16:02 PM

It's time for UVC on the minpal and poloniex vote, somebody agree? Agreed to action ~UVC will to the moon!
 Grin

GLCcoin. GTHMDxvciqq6hYaj5uGboHjwgWDi4cpnCY
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:18:50 PM

when giveaway wiil payd?
lq2157282

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:21:00 PM

Dev,add the mintpal and poloniex or c-cex vote plz~ Grin

lq2157282

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:24:13 PM

when giveaway wiil payd?
No payd, if you want UCV to platform when the low price of the transaction to obtain~ Cool

lq2157282

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

when giveaway wiil payd?
No payd, if you want UCV to platform when the low price of the transaction to obtain~ Cool

My intuition told me that UVC has potential, so I invest it~ Cheesy

jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:46:09 PM

Come join https://uvc.hardcoreminers.com
It has a PROP payout system and DDOS protection on switch level.
We are finding blocks but definatly need more hashrate!

your url makes it seem as though the coin hasn't launched :\

There was a typo, its UVC. The uvv point to an old coin which never launched. Thanks for pointing it out..

So https://uvc.hardcoreminers.com is the correct link Cheesy
signed up. thanks for the link, pretty sure i've mined with you guys before actually. i remember the logo, just not sure what coin.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:50:26 PM

i submitted it to mintpal about 5hrs ago from this post (roughty 3:30am EST), just have to wait for them to add it to the vote list.
once i get an email that they've added it i'll post to let everyone know its ready for voting Smiley

- i'm not a dev or part of the team - figured i would say that before this post made anyone think i was Tongue

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:54:17 PM

i submitted it to mintpal about 5hrs ago from this post (roughty 3:30am EST), just have to wait for them to add it to the vote list.
once i get an email that they've added it i'll post to let everyone know its ready for voting Smiley

- i'm not a dev or part of the team - figured i would say that before this post made anyone think i was Tongue

Thanks Jolly, you've been extremely supportive and we couldn't be more appreciative!

We also sent MP an e-mail last night, and Poloniex has already been contacted.

Also, one of our community members "TrollBoxChamp" has been supporting us in the Poloniex Trollbox, as I was informed last night when I popped in. So TrollBoxChamp, we thank you as well!  Smiley

Also guys, we are looking for an experienced Android developer who can build us an Android Wallet that works with PoS. If anyone could please recommend someone, PM us!

Thanks guys!
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

UVC is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
UVC/BTC
UVC/DOGE

Please read our new Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Attention Miners: AUTO-SELL
Miners! We have an auto-sell feature so you can set your mining pool address to your order address at Coin-Swap. This will continue to add what you mine to a single order instead of having an order open for each deposit. You can change the price of your order without having to cancel and create a new order. Simply change the price!

Attention Pool operators: Easier order management
Want to offer your payouts in BTC? Want less headache managing your orders? Contact us for more information and special rates.

How to get started at Coin-Swap
Please read our Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Contact Us
If you have any problems or questions about setting up an order please feel free to contact us! coinswapnet at gmail.com or #coin-swap on Freenode.

Ian

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
lq2157282

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:11:27 PM

UVC is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
UVC/BTC
UVC/DOGE

Please read our new Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Attention Miners: AUTO-SELL
Miners! We have an auto-sell feature so you can set your mining pool address to your order address at Coin-Swap. This will continue to add what you mine to a single order instead of having an order open for each deposit. You can change the price of your order without having to cancel and create a new order. Simply change the price!

Attention Pool operators: Easier order management
Want to offer your payouts in BTC? Want less headache managing your orders? Contact us for more information and special rates.

How to get started at Coin-Swap
Please read our Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Good messages  Roll Eyes

mckeo5514

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:25:05 PM

ive been tweeting poloniex and bigvern too

uvc: UceKHoz9GawYLXJWMXS4Zorae7xfckhJ9H
GLC: GSofp3XECUPRQL4M9Wh2gnbrZGVBSusqiT
BitcoinNEW: 15b3cJSZYNC5m7nQ9X6U5PnC11LRNPdCMa
UniversityCoin (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

Hey guys we really want to find an experienced android developer asap so that we can get prepared for the week following PoW. We would like to start contacting independent retailers around our University campuses and teach them about cryptocurrencies, Universitycoin, and why they matter. We will also be convincing them to accept UVC as a means of customer acquisition for their businesses.

This is just a taste of our long-term plans, however getting an experienced android developer to build our wallet is absolutely essential for this plan. If anyone knows of, or sees in other threads, any mention of an experienced android developer, please PM us immediately.

Thank you! Smiley
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:49:42 PM

I can vouch for Dedicated pool - used them for lots of coins, including now, and they have alway been reliable.  No pool is perfect and able to protect 100% against attacks and problems, when there have been problems with Dedicated they always sort them ASAP and communication is also good.
buzz2708

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:00:07 PM

Does anybody know if Bittrex support staking in their wallet? I know that Mintpal accept that thing.

BTC : 1Nt7TtotpU5L2Duz6igVX2b2kYN61rpMiz
Mastermine

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:18:15 PM

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

UVC just passed caishen.  Keep voting guys! send in the cryptsy points! 1 cryptsy point = 5 votes Smiley
templar77

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:39:11 PM

What is this "unlock wallet" button in the wallet's front page? Can't press it.

When you encrypt you wallet it's locked, but when it's 'locked' it can't pos mine, so you need to 'unlock' it.

If you've never encrypted your wallet you don't need to 'unlock' it.
ficklepickle

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 07:58:06 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:26:41 PM by ficklepickle

Can community come together and help find a solution to the Android POS wallet?  

I will start:

UniversityCoin POS Android Wallet:

Dogecoin Android Wallet on Github

Can we use this base to fork a repository and set it up and wait for developers?  This seems to be most full featured POW open source wallet I could find.  If anyone finds a better codebase to fork from, please reply to this post.  POS implementation is apparently non-trivial as at least three other communities have talked about it.  BlackCoin, MintCoin, and PeerCoin.  Maybe we should pool resources e.g. devs?  

https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoin-wallet-new

UniversityCoin Point of Sale Android QR-Code/UPC-Code Scanner/Wallet:

We will need to assure that if Colleges wish to label their items for sale that they can print out QR Code labels that the vendor can use his own phone to read, and then generate a QR code for the UniversityCoin's Wallet Software to send coins to.  Most will still likely just use their current labels and convert the current price of UniversityCoin to fiat and then charge based on that.    

So we could be the first UPC code scanning wallet for any altcoin (I think), and allowing easy integration into Point of Sale systems at University Campuses would be a major selling point.    

UPC Code Reader codebases.

http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zbar/?source=directory  -- Zbar Does QR Code and UPC as well as others.   //  Comes in tons of languages.  

IMHO, these two developments need to be linked and out of the door as soon as possible.

Stage 2: UniversityCoin Printed Ad Campaign on Campuses:

We have technical folks, we have aesthetic folks, we have doers, and we have supporters.  Let's make sure we use all four parts of the community.  

Aesthetic Folks, let's make some posters to raise awareness.  

After we have the posters, an Ad Campaign on University Campuses where we do not currently have ambassadors can be facilitated by existing advertising networks that spefically target colleges.

Stage 3:  Hardware package with a branded Android Compatible Wireless Scanner for UPC

This will allow any university to receive a Wireless scanner screenprinted with UniversityCoin's Logo all over it.  UniversityCoin can leverage this to raise brand awareness as well as being able to have a tactile object emblazoned with professional looking logos and a small list of instructions.  As well as a feeling from the college vendors that we are serious and here to stay.  A branded hardware device is a big step both in terms of the manufacturing/logistics and financial commitments but think about it this way.

UniversirtyCoin Wireless UPC scanners will create demand from brand awareness, and create market volume.          

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Handheld-Barcode-Scanner/dp/B00FIKK68I

etc I will add more if you guys don't think I'm crazy.   Grin

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:22:34 PM

Interesting I thought maybe some flyers might be a good idea. If some people are already on campuses that's 1 place for a few to get handed out.

Maybe we can make a version of the coin logo and have a fun competition posting a photo of it in different famous places. I PMed the coin boss to see what he thinks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: