Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:30:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][UVC] UniversityCoin | UniversityCoin.Org - Pure PoS | 9M coins mined  (Read 135270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ficklepickle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:32:22 PM

Interesting I thought maybe some flyers might be a good idea. If some people are already on campuses that's 1 place for a few to get handed out.

Maybe we can make a version of the coin logo and have a fun competition posting a photo of it in different famous places. I PMed the coin boss to see what he thinks.

I have some free time to check out the costs of advertising on college campuses with flyers but I think we should look to see if we can make use of our community first.  I think we need to see if this community has some organic doer spirit. 

CoinDev, can we begin enrollment of more ambassadors?  We should be looking for campuses that are early adopters of cryptocurrencies.  

MIT just started giving each of their students 100 dollars in Bitcoins.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/mit-to-establish-bitcoin-ecosystem-by-giving-away-the-cryptocurrency-to-every-student-9305630.html

We have to move quickly and with confidence.        

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mckeo5514

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:36:53 PM

a few questions,
how will students gain the coins when pos starts?
and if it does catch on the number of students around the globe enrolled in higher education is forecast to more than double to 262 million by 2025 and theres only 20m coins, is the plan to make it worth 1btc so every student can have enough to go to the shop with it?

uvc: UceKHoz9GawYLXJWMXS4Zorae7xfckhJ9H
GLC: GSofp3XECUPRQL4M9Wh2gnbrZGVBSusqiT
BitcoinNEW: 15b3cJSZYNC5m7nQ9X6U5PnC11LRNPdCMa
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:38:40 PM

is the plan to make it worth 1btc so every student can have enough to go to the shop with it?

Yes  Grin
UniversityCoin (OP)

Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:41:06 PM

Can community come together and help find a solution to the Android POS wallet?  

I will start:

UniversityCoin POS Android Wallet:

Dogecoin Android Wallet on Github

Can we use this base to fork a repository and set it up and wait for developers?  This seems to be most full featured POW open source wallet I could find.  If anyone finds a better codebase to fork from, please reply to this post.  POS implementation is apparently non-trivial as at least three other communities have talked about it.  BlackCoin, MintCoin, and PeerCoin.  Maybe we should pool resources e.g. devs?  

https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoin-wallet-new

UniversityCoin Point of Sale Android QR-Code/UPC-Code Scanner/Wallet:

We will need to assure that if Colleges wish to label their items for sale that they can print out QR Code labels that the vendor can use his own phone to read, and then generate a QR code for the UniversityCoin's Wallet Software to send coins to.  Most will still likely just use their current labels and convert the current price of UniversityCoin to fiat and then charge based on that.    

So we could be the first UPC code scanning wallet for any altcoin (I think), and allowing easy integration into Point of Sale systems at University Campuses would be a major selling point.    

UPC Code Reader codebases.

http://zbar.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zbar/?source=directory  -- Zbar Does QR Code and UPC as well as others.   //  Comes in tons of languages.  

IMHO, these two developments need to be linked and out of the door as soon as possible.

Stage 2: UniversityCoin Printed Ad Campaign on Campuses:

We have technical folks, we have aesthetic folks, we have doers, and we have supporters.  Let's make sure we use all four parts of the community.  

Aesthetic Folks, let's make some posters to raise awareness.  

After we have the posters, an Ad Campaign on University Campuses where we do not currently have ambassadors can be facilitated by existing advertising networks that spefically target colleges.

Stage 3:  Hardware package with a branded Android Compatible Wireless Scanner for UPC

This will allow any university to receive a Wireless scanner screenprinted with UniversityCoin's Logo all over it.  UniversityCoin can leverage this to raise brand awareness as well as being able to have a tactile object emblazoned with professional looking logos and a small list of instructions.  As well as a feeling from the college vendors that we are here serious and here to stay.  A branded hardware device is a big step both in terms of the manufacturing/logistics and financial commitments but think about it this way.

UniversirtyCoin Wireless UPC scanners will create demand from brand awareness, and create market volume.          

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Handheld-Barcode-Scanner/dp/B00FIKK68I

etc I will add more if you guys don't think I'm crazy.   Grin

ficklepickle... Thank you sooooo much for your ideas!! This is a great place to start, let's get right to the discussion.

I think a BitcoinTalk-wide search for an android developer that has built PoS wallets in the past with success is a must. We need to find someone reputable who is willing to help us out (for a bounty of course).

The Point of Sale system/UPC scanner system is an amazzzing idea and this is exactly the type of innovations we want to bring to this industry. I think once we find the right android dev, they will be able to advise us further regarding these projects.

One thing I'd like to clear up though, is your mention of getting UVC accepted actually on University campuses. From our experience, we have learned that Universities are very rigid and have an infinite amount regulatory boundaries. Also, franchises like Subway, Harvey's, Teriyaki, Manchuwok, ect, lease out the cafeteria space and are absolutely not open to fresh, innovative and new ideas.

Therefore instead of actually getting the coin accepted on campuses, our strategy is to harness the power of social-media and word-of-mouth through our Ambassadors, and get the students of their Universities to use UVC to support local businesses, surrounding the actual University.

As we all know, franchises are killing our local economies and local businesses and we would love for UVC to act as a tool for these establishments to drive customer acquisition and retention. One idea we have, is to setup local businesses surrounding Universities to accept UVC, and then utilize our ambassadors to give out paper wallets loaded with a few dollars worth of UVC to students on campus who are interested in cryptocurrencies. Therefore, UVC would start out as somewhat of a "coupon" for students to save some money at surrounding local businesses, and it would help these local businesses gain and retain new customers.

Regarding Stage 2 of what you outlined above, I think this is a great idea. Many Universities rent out booths in their University Community Centres to people who would like to advertise on campus. Our team would jump at the chance to represent UVC in our own Universities, so it's just a matter of getting there. We need to accomplish all of the steps you have outlined above before we start on these initiatives and we are determined to get there as soon as possible.

So to sum up, your ideas are amazing, please keep them coming! Smiley However keep in mind we will be targeting the local economy surrounding Universities, and not actually Universities themselves due to their ridiculous restrictions.

Let's keep this discussion going! What do you guys think?
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:50:01 PM

Also FicklePickle, Universities are very bad with letting people distribute flyers on campus. I think we would need more of a targeted approach. I personally always ask people on campus if they've heard of cryptos, and an impressive amount of them are extremely interested in them, however don't understand them much. So instead of just simply handing out flyers that would have a low conversion rate, I think loaded paper wallets with a few dollars of UVC on them, that students can spend at local businesses surrounding their Unis, which are given out by our ambassadors, would be the most effective way.

Also regarding our ambassadors, we aren't trying just yet to grow our ambassadors that quickly. Much of our long-term plans are still not revealed, therefore potential ambassadors don't know what is expected of them. Also, we want to target the right people who are as motivated as we are about this project. We eat, sleep and breath UVC at the moment, and only want individuals on the team who feel the same passion as we do.

Therefore we believe that our presence in this marketplace over the next few weeks, and the attention we attract, will bring the right people to us instead of us going out there to find them. Power of attraction my friends Smiley
ficklepickle

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:54:22 PM

Therefore instead of actually getting the coin accepted on campuses, our strategy is to harness the power of social-media and word-of-mouth through our Ambassadors, and get the students of their Universities to use UVC to support local businesses, surrounding the actual University.

As we all know, franchises are killing our local economies and local businesses and we would love for UVC to act as a tool for these establishments to drive customer acquisition and retention. One idea we have, is to setup local businesses surrounding Universities to accept UVC, and then utilize our ambassadors to give out paper wallets loaded with a few dollars worth of UVC to students on campus who are interested in cryptocurrencies. Therefore, UVC would start out as somewhat of a "coupon" for students to save some money at surrounding local businesses, and it would help these local businesses gain and retain new customers.

Also, many college campuses have student owned businesses directly on campuses.  If we are going to get our foot in the door, maybe getting on campus through the student-owned shops and restaurants would be a good place to start?  

Another crazy idea or two:

UniversityCoin Used Bookstore and marketplace.

A campaign on Twitter in the future where people ask different Independent or Smaller Software Companies with educational software licencing to accept UniversityCoin.

I'll post more later, good discussion!   Cheesy  

UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:00:03 PM

Also, many college campuses have student owned businesses directly on campuses.  If we are going to get our foot in the door, maybe getting on campus through the student-owned shops and restaurants would be a good place to start?  

Another crazy idea or two:

UniversityCoin Used Bookstore and marketplace.

A campaign on Twitter in the future where people ask different Independent or Smaller Software Companies with educational software licencing to accept UniversityCoin.

I'll post more later, good discussion!   Cheesy    

Great ideas! The amount of applications we can build on top of this great network we are building is infinite. There are many short term goals that we need to achieve this week since it's absolutely crucial for our long-term success. We need two more large exchanges in the next week, more media appearances and more online merchants to accept us. After that is done and we become only PoS, we will start attacking our long-term initiatives head-on.

I'm just about to jump off too for a few hours, but anyone else who has any ideas whatsoever is urged to contribute to this conversation. We read every single one of these messages and will be responding to most of them.

Great discussion guys! Smiley
mckeo5514

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:01:37 PM

a UVC based ebay/amazon clone for books

uvc: UceKHoz9GawYLXJWMXS4Zorae7xfckhJ9H
GLC: GSofp3XECUPRQL4M9Wh2gnbrZGVBSusqiT
BitcoinNEW: 15b3cJSZYNC5m7nQ9X6U5PnC11LRNPdCMa
leptoon

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:32:31 PM

UVC is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
UVC/BTC
UVC/DOGE

Please read our new Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Attention Miners: AUTO-SELL
Miners! We have an auto-sell feature so you can set your mining pool address to your order address at Coin-Swap. This will continue to add what you mine to a single order instead of having an order open for each deposit. You can change the price of your order without having to cancel and create a new order. Simply change the price!

Attention Pool operators: Easier order management
Want to offer your payouts in BTC? Want less headache managing your orders? Contact us for more information and special rates.

How to get started at Coin-Swap
Please read our Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Contact Us
If you have any problems or questions about setting up an order please feel free to contact us! coinswapnet at gmail.com or #coin-swap on Freenode.

Ian

I seriously hope I didn't just waste a days worth of UVC on this scam site. It's been over an hour, many confirmations, and no deposit in my account.
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:53:19 PM

I seriously hope I didn't just waste a days worth of UVC on this scam site. It's been over an hour, many confirmations, and no deposit in my account.

We will contact them for you to see what's up. Let us know if you get the deposit.

We just sent them an email.

EDIT: Please do not post your address in the thread. That isn't allowed on BTCTalk. Repost what you said without the addy Smiley
leptoon

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:03:50 PM

We will contact them for you to see what's up. Let us know if you get the deposit.

We just sent them an email.

Thank you very much. I transferred about 115 UVC. I also sent an email to their support. I would post my transaction ID but I'm not at my computer right now.

I appreciate the personal response from you. As a crypto dev, I think that is really impressive and says a lot about the future of the UVC.
UniversityCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

No problem, we are glad to help. Smiley

There's many of us on the team so we are able to cover all our bases.

We will let you know if we receive a response from them.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Coin-Swap?
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:13:04 PM

No problem, we are glad to help. Smiley

There's many of us on the team so we are able to cover all our bases.

We will let you know if we receive a response from them.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Coin-Swap?
Yes, I had an issue with Coin Swap. When they first opened up UVC support, I transferred 500 coins and put them up for trade. After a couple days with no hits, I canceled my order and withdrew my UVC. The withdrawal got stuck. I had to email their support, but didnt get a response. Finally I ended up joining their IRC support and talking with "masterkiller." He worked on resolving the issue for a FULL DAY. As it turns out, he did not have a TX fee enabled on his wallet so the send failed over and over again. He added a 0.001 TX fee and then my coins went through.

Regular Guy™
Ilan1

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

Why do people keep dumping their coins the first chance they get? If they held onto them for a little while and gave this coin a chance they may actually earn themselves some decent profit?? I just don't get it?

LTCgear.com Review http://ltcgear.co.ukhttp://ltcgear.com/?apage=120 - 160mh/s for $850 use coupon code "anniversary1yr" - Active Multi Algorithm cloud mining in Scrypt, X11 and Scrypt-N - ROI in 5 Weeks
Cohle

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:31:06 PM

Why do people keep dumping their coins the first chance they get? If they held onto them for a little while and gave this coin a chance they may actually earn themselves some decent profit?? I just don't get it?

Miners selling for quick turn over.
Ilan1

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

I get that, but by waiting a day or two and letting the buyer demand build up the price will also go up, isn't that how it works or am I missing something??

LTCgear.com Review http://ltcgear.co.ukhttp://ltcgear.com/?apage=120 - 160mh/s for $850 use coupon code "anniversary1yr" - Active Multi Algorithm cloud mining in Scrypt, X11 and Scrypt-N - ROI in 5 Weeks
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:40:00 PM

cant sync this wallet even tho i made conf file. ideas?

yolo
kirilvvbg

Activity: 213

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:45:30 PM

Hey guys.. We're hashing away at Dedicated pool.  Getting tons of blocks and really smooth.

Come join us Smiley

UC.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Mining Information

• Custom stratum/mpos environment
  • Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system
  • Everything is transparent - blocks, donations, fees.

Server Infrastructure

• SIX(6) SERVERS IN CLUSTER
  • DDoS level 7 cloudflare, 5 and 3 stratum, and level at 1 switch level
  • 8 Core servers, 256GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 SSD
  • Ramdisks, memcaches, to make things go extremely quick

Something's wrong with the settings - cannot connect...  Embarrassed
Dogemogul

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:51:37 PM

kirilvvbg

I'm also having issues with query time. MY hashrate seems to be significantly affected by this also.
Hulailuan

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:57:57 PM

Why there are so many errors. I am lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: